World Peace signs 2 year deal with NYK

nyk_nyk

All Star
That was inspiring, i love his attitude. I always had this idea in my mind that this dude was crazy, i guess that was back in the days as he sure looks like he matured bigtime.

When he said he couldn't wait to play with Shump because "he reminds me of another defensive player", I appreciated that.

LeFlume

All Star
"I need something that’s tough right now, and I want to win where it’s hardest to win there, and that’s home"

“I appreciate the opportunity to be a soldier for Melo and Amare"

Ron Metta World Artest - Peace brother :gony:

Broadway

All Star
What the H#$# are you smoking? Seriously? Good signing by the Knicks, so was Bargs. Bargs will be a new man next season...book it. Meta will cause terror like always....Once my most hated player has become apart of my team lol. He a threat on the court defensively and can hit the occasional three.

Before we acquired either of the two here were the arguments/viewpoints from this fan base especially when inserting variable factors....

Let's start with Bargnani....

He was part of the same team who overpaid for Fields and was bound to be Lottery as stated often times that off-season, part of the same team who when the Rockets did the deal with the OKC and sent the Raptors pick in the deal, Morey was shiat on relatively speaking because many believed that pick to be extremely valuable due to it's Lottery status, part of the same team when it came to discussing Colangelo turning the franchise around his main means of criticism stemmed from selecting Bargnani #1 overall, thinking he was the next Dirk.

When he played well against us most of us thought it to be an aberration because he played way above his head. This fan base has mocked the Raptors for yrs every since Bargnani's arrival. Now that we overpay to get him he's going to resurrect his career here....Srysly what Slick Oil Car Salesman script are you reading from?

Now on to Artest...

The same guy who was part of a Laker team that when D'Antoni was hired was mocked for being hella old and incapable of doing anything significant, part of a team who was steamrolled by OKC and Artest had no answers for Durant, part of the same team some fans said should retire, part of the same team when he decided to legally change his name to MWP, figured he was officially off the rocker.

One again why are you trying to sell salt to a slug?

Now that both are Knicks it's all Tulips and Lilacs now. Get real, anyone with a brain will not allow themselves to be duped by such slanted/linear moves at best.

We should have acquired younger players with potential upside like the Lakers did with Nick Young and Wesley Johnson. Not saying those guys will do wonders in L.A. but point is they are much cheaper in the grand scheme of things and would prove to be more valued league wide had they succeeded 1 season here.

But of course we continue to do what we do best and that's lust for has beens and have nots..STARFUDGING packing it in.

Go ahead and drink your FOOL-AID I'll have none of it.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Before we acquired either of the two here were the arguments/viewpoints from this fan base especially when inserting variable factors....

He was part of the same team who overpaid for Fields and was bound to be Lottery as stated often times that off-season, part of the same team who when the Rockets did the deal with the OKC and sent the Raptors pick in the deal, Morey was shiat on relatively speaking because many believed that pick to be extremely valuable due to it's Lottery status, part of the same team when it came to discussing Colangelo turning the franchise around his main means of criticism stemmed from selecting Bargnani #1 overall, thinking he was the next Dirk.

When he played well against us most of us thought it to be an aberration because he played way above his head. This fan base has mocked the Raptors for yrs every since Bargnani's arrival. Now that we overpay to get him he's going to resurrect his career here....Srysly what Slick Oil Car Salesman script are you reading from?

Now on to Artest...

The same guy who was part of a Laker team that when D'Antoni was hired was mocked for being hella old and incapable of doing anything significant, part of a team who was steamrolled by OKC and Artest had no answers for Durant, part of the same team some fans said should retire, part of the same team when he decided to legally change his name to MWP, figured he was officially off the rocker.

Now that both are Knicks it's all Tulips and Lilacs now. Get real, anyone with a brain will not allow themselves to be duped by such slanted/linear moves at best.

We should have acquired younger players with potential upside like the Lakers did with Nick Young and Wesley Johnson. Not saying those guys will do wonders in L.A. but point is they are much cheaper in the grand scheme of things and would prove to be more valued league wide had they succeeded 1 season here.

But of course we continue to do what we do best and that's lust for has beens and have nots..STARFUDGING packing it in.

Nick young and Wesley Johnson over metta and bargnani? No way no how!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

nyk_nyk

All Star

Now on to Artest...

The Knicks are over the cap and have no real money to offer most of these young players with potential. How do you not understand that by now? Mini mid level exception and vets min... that's it. You act like they can just pluck money from anywhere to sign people. The only reason they had money to re-sign JR is because of the early bird provision. Knicks did the best with what they had, which is very little as a luxury tax paying team. You should learn the basics of the CBA cap restrictions and then comment.

Broadway

All Star
Nick Young signed a 2yr deal with the Lakers with PO and Johnson signed for less of a vet min...

Here are the hard cold facts...

Initially reported as a one-year deal, Young will earn $1,106,942 for the 2013/14 season and $1,227,985 if he decides to stay a second.

A Lakers' spokesman confirmed that Young's deal is for two years. Guard/forward Wesley Johnson, signed Monday for $916,099, has a one-season contract.

Are you trying say the Knicks had no money or financial resources available to sign these guys for what they got paid? Q-Rich got paid $3mil from Barg trade and he's not even going to play for them all because Barg's makes a crap load of money. Did you know what the tax ramifications are for picking up Barg's tab...it's massive.

Now let's look at couple other things.... Nick Young is the same guy who saved Clippers 2 yrs ago in the playoffs against the Grizzlies. Then you have the D'Antoni factor.... you know how he runs a system where he takes mediocre players such as J.R. Smith and Nick Young and make them look relevant. Well the Lakers have Nick Young, and they have him very cheap, and it didn't require giving up any picks and it didn't require them signing a multi-yr deal for him to be there.

Keep in mind the prevailing thought/myth is that every player wants to play here...(e.g....Reggie Miller wanted to play here, Chris Webber wanted to play here, Jermaine O'neal wanted to play here, Tony Parker wanted to play here, Lebron wanted to play here, Grant Hill wanted to play here, Steve Nash wanted to play here, Kobe wanted to play here, CP3 was coming here because there was toast on a boat, Elton Brand wanted to play here, etc etc) but for some odd reason we always have to put up mucho dinero in order to get their attention, then over pay by bidding against ourselves and/or give up an absurd amount of assets, and/or hope some teams waives or amnesty a player and/or some SL and DL gem shines... in order for them to come here. That is not a way to build a championship team.

So sorry facts are facts, decent role players are signing elsewhere for pennies on the dollar and Grunny could have signed them or maybe he couldn't because they don't want to play here. I do wonder if the lure of New York City is what it's talked to be. I wonder if there are other factors driving them away.

Last edited:

knicksin60

Starter
Could you imagine Artest and Iman on the same court guarding Lebron and Wade?

Once K-Martin signs with the Knicks it will be interesting to see where the Knicks will rank in defense next season.

CoolClyde

Now on to Artest...

why are you lurking on this website? are you some latent homo lakers fan who's pissed off?
obviously not a Knicks fan.

Bargnani was hurt the last year and 1/2, and it was only after he dissed the entire Raptors franchise
for sucking (in the Italian press, and it eventually got out to the masses), that all of Canada turned
on him. his stats were highly respectable before he was hurt, and he was the #1 go-to guy on the team.
he doesn't have to be that here, he will be a role player and perhaps a GREAT bench player.

I've never seen a guy with more gumption that Metta World Peace. Every Knick fan worth their salt,
and every New Yorker who saw him play at St. John's knows him for his work regimen, defense, and
ability to make things happen. he was a major part of a LAL championship, Kobe loved playing with
him and didn't want him to leave, and he came back to play 2 weeks after surgery! c'mon!!
he knows what he has to do to fit in (the missing peace), he knows he will be Melo's soldier, Iman
and Chandler's defensive compatriot, and he has shown very little decrease in his abilities to be called
an old man. It's D'amntoni who's the fool who has no clue how to use the player's he's got, and it's that
mustached fu*cking fool who caused Dwight Ho to leave after 1 season. Fu*ck the Lakers, Fu*ck Nick
"i've got a problem" Young, and Fu*ck Wesley Johnson (although I do like his game and potential).

and you diss MWP for single-handedly failing to stop the Durantula? haahhaha.

seriously, your opinions and weak and limp.

Knicks lost very little upgrading the roster for the amount of money they could spend.
I'm happy with Bargs and the artist who used to be known as Artest. very happy.

now stop dissing the O&B, and lurk on the lakers thread instead... the los angeles lurkers.

Broadway

All Star
why are you lurking on this website? are you some latent homo lakers fan who's pissed off?
obviously not a Knicks fan.

Bargnani was hurt the last year and 1/2, and it was only after he dissed the entire Raptors franchise
for sucking (in the Italian press, and it eventually got out to the masses), that all of Canada turned
on him. his stats were highly respectable before he was hurt, and he was the #1 go-to guy on the team.
he doesn't have to be that here, he will be a role player and perhaps a GREAT bench player.

I've never seen a guy with more gumption that Metta World Peace. Every Knick fan worth their salt,
and every New Yorker who saw him play at St. John's knows him for his work regimen, defense, and
ability to make things happen. he was a major part of a LAL championship, Kobe loved playing with
him and didn't want him to leave, and he came back to play 2 weeks after surgery! c'mon!!
he knows what he has to do to fit in (the missing peace), he knows he will be Melo's soldier, Iman
and Chandler's defensive compatriot, and he has shown very little decrease in his abilities to be called
an old man. It's D'amntoni who's the fool who has no clue how to use the player's he's got, and it's that
mustached fu*cking fool who caused Dwight Ho to leave after 1 season. Fu*ck the Lakers, Fu*ck Nick
"i've got a problem" Young, and Fu*ck Wesley Johnson (although I do like his game and potential).

and you diss MWP for single-handedly failing to stop the Durantula? haahhaha.

seriously, your opinions and weak and limp.

Knicks lost very little upgrading the roster for the amount of money they could spend.
I'm happy with Bargs and the artist who used to be known as Artest. very happy.

now stop dissing the O&B, and lurk on the lakers thread instead... the los angeles lurkers.

I'm sure you're a great mod Clyde and hopefully I find out just how great of a mod you are but please don't turn my nature of posting of me not being a Knicks fan. Yes I'm more pessimistic than optimistic but that's what makes us who we are as fans. I want this franchise to do well more than anything but far too often decisions are made that prove IMO otherwise.

What I've come to realize no matter the fans base, the more homeristic you are, the less room for objectivity, and more room for apologizing.

I went on to post facts after the post above. Now I'd like to see more fact finding posting as we debate and less posting from the heart, because if it only stems from there discussion will more than likely take on the form of censorship and emotional irrationality.

For the record I hate the Lakers, I think D'Antoni is an overrated coach who I never wanted as a hire here, Kobe is the biggest jerk in the league and their fans are nothing but Kobe Lovers.

CoolClyde

I'm sure you're a great mod Clyde and hopefully I find out just how great of a mod you are but please don't turn my nature of posting of me not being a Knicks fan. Yes I'm more pessimistic than optimistic but that's what makes us who we are as fans. I want this franchise to do well more than anything but far too often decisions are made that prove IMO otherwise.

What I've come to realize no matter the fans base, the more homeristic you are, the less room for objectivity, and more room for apologizing.

I went on to post facts after the post above. Now I'd like to see more fact finding posting as we debate and less posting from the heart, because if it only stems from there discussion will more than likely take on the form of censorship and emotional irrationality.

For the record I hate the Lakers, I think D'Antoni is an overrated coach who I never wanted as a hire here, Kobe is the biggest jerk in the league and their fans are nothing but Kobe Lovers.

you are forgiven, and my apologies, peace be with you.

props for using the word homeristic

btw, mod shmod, don't mean nothin...

Last edited:

Wargames

Starter
Could you imagine Artest and Iman on the same court guarding Lebron and Wade?

Once K-Martin signs with the Knicks it will be interesting to see where the Knicks will rank in defense next season.

my expectations are a bit lower than than I would hope they could make those guys work to score (alongside Chandler). On top of that Artest could maybe get teams like the Pacers, Bulls, and Nyets (with KG) to think twice before they decide to play it rough with Melo. I've said it since the knicks got Melo that they needed somebody to be a goon and keep other teams goons in check, Artest while older is still one of the best in the league at it.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Good pick up. It was cheap and Artest or World Savior still has enough in the tank to be more of a defensive presence than most others on the team. The presence of Chandler, KMart, Artest and Shumpert should make a huge difference for us. But, it's not enough. If this is the best pick up Grunwald can make then he's betting on Amare coming back strong. As much as I'd love that to happen, the stars must be aligned in order for this team to make it to the conference finals.

Stats and Chandler must stay healthy most of the year and all of the playoffs
JR must improve shot selection
Shmpert must be ready to become the 2nd scoring option (in case JR doesn't improve)
Felton's got to be more of a play maker. 13 pts 5 assists aint going to cut it for a starting PG.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Will Knicks get last laugh after adding World Peace?

Read Article in its Entirety: Here

-World Peace will turn 34 in November, which will make him the third-oldest player in the Knicks' rotation (assuming they re-sign 35-year-old Kenyon Martin, as expected). Age gives the Knicks reason to believe they can ultimately outperform the Nets and emerge as the best NBA team in New York.

-It has been a bad summer for the Knicks in terms of headlines, because the Nets' acquisition of three champions from Boston has made them the early frontrunner in America's media capital. The Nets won 49 games last year in spite of putting together a new roster that didn't quite fit, going through two coaches, and then drifting through a first-round playoff loss to depleted Chicago as if having overdosed on the kind of medication one should never take when operating heavy machinery.

-The Knicks are going to need consistency from injury-prone performers like Stoudemire and Andrea Bargnani (whose arrival enabled the Knicks to survive the departures of Chris Copeland and Steve Novak). There are going to be more than a few times when coach Mike Woodson is going to be happy to not have any hair to pull out of his head as he tries to coach a second unit.

-Otherwise, the Knicks' roster makes sense. Bargnani, the former No. 1 pick of the Raptors, can start as a stretch four who will create space for Anthony to post up and for Tyson Chandler to dive inside for lobs. Bargnani will be 28 next season and Stoudemire will be a 31-year old coming off the bench. World Peace can play both forward positions, and everyone else (apart from 37-year-old backup point guard Pablo Prigioni) is going to be at his peak age or younger.

-But it's a long season, and the younger Knicks will have good reason to focus on the ultimate truth of the NBA -- that it's not how you start, but how you finish.