Backup Big Man - K-Mart; Brand; Dalembert; ---Why not ODEN?

DrB

Benchwarmer
Why not Kenyon Martin, the savior of last years season. Either he's looking for more than the veterans minimum or the Knicks are bidding their time or lastly they have no interest. But he would be a great fit with Shumpert, MWP, and Chandler {healthy} as a shut down defensive group. Dalembert is signed elsewhere. The downside of K MART is he's injury prone now. But he's the best of those put forward.

DrB

Benchwarmer
We have more than enough people to put up shots, lets keep stacking up the defense. More bigs please. We should definetely sign Martin back for starters, a backup point that can defense and do some driving would be great.
YES to all you said.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
I really hope that Oden joins the Pelicans, or any team other than the Heat.

I honestly think that there are reasons for him to do so, including that he will have a better chance of getting it together under less scrutiny.

That said, also because I am rooting for his comeback for his sake, and his joining the Heat would force me to root against him.

Of course, it would have been nice for the Knicks to have been in the mix, but I can understand why the Knicks did not want to take the chance given all our other injury issues, and why it did not make sense for him to step into a backup role, when he can start with a lot of other teams.

Can the Heat offer him more than the minimum? If so, how is that? Although I would guess that money is not his prime concern anyhow.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Stat is the only person on the Knicks roster right now who has injury problems, I don't buy it that Knicks are shying away from Oden because they have been burnt with players with bad knees, the reason i say this is, the two players who have burnt the knicks with the bad have been players who they had big contracts, Houston, McDyess, Stat... Oden would get their Vet minimum. Knicks can get a talent with the potential to be a star big, for the same money they spent on James White, . The knicks need a backup Big that can intimidate players from coming down the lane and grab substantial rebounds and of course play defense. I like K-Mart, but I think Oden can do the same job if not better and he's taller so he can guard the bigs like Hibbert and Lopez if chandler is in foul trouble.

tiger0330

Legend
I see Oden signed with the Heat for a 2 year/min deal with a player option for his second year. I hear he'll be on a minutes restriction like Stat will be on but the Heat got better because he can be a force when healthy.

bigapple

Starter
Last year there was conversation WITH STAT and Steven [banned as Knicks fan] A Smith. Who was hammering STAT with questions like are u healthy. He was talkin with him bout championship and his lesgs. Its not a point what was during this show point is STAT says his is healthy and he is ready BUT HE WASNT. Again he went to next operation and we already remember when he was started a half year later.

This team need YOUNGers player and faster

there will be no next Dream Shake training camp for STAT only for MELO and Chandler.