Help me out knicks fans

knicksince 93

Rotation player
So I'm having a debate( this thread can be closed soon) with a co worker and he's saying that if lebron were to opt out and lead us to a chip he would be regarded by knicks nation as the greatest knick ever. Even above pat, I'm telling him that while he is a greater player then our beloved pat. Us knicks will always appreciate pats blood,sweat, guts and tears for eternity over a chip for one year. While a chip would be nice and fantastic knicks nation will still hold him to a higher esteem then lebron playing a few years and winning the chip. Please respond so I can show him the responses from true knick fans. Cuz he's saying that only I have the opinion and I'm saying non that's a knicks fan true opinion any of us
Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

BananaSauce

Benchwarmer
sometimes, it's not the destination. it's the journey that matter most.

everybody loves a underdog story.

and **** leflop.

Kiyaman

Legend
That's funny .. I always held Bill Cartwright & Bernard King above Ewing.
And if Spree & Camby wouldve took us to another FINALS appearance they also wouldve been above Ewing.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
That's funny .. I always held Bill Cartwright & Bernard King above Ewing.
And if Spree & Camby wouldve took us to another FINALS appearance they also wouldve been above Ewing.

Oh gosh kiya. I guess we'll never agree.... spree and camby? More like Houston

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Idk maybe opinion would change ONCE we win the chip and had that feeling. But pat is the cream of the crop for me.

p0nder

Starter
It's all about champions in NYC. Nothing else matters. If Melo wins a chip here yes, he's the greastest knick ever and I'm a huge Patrick Ewing fan.

Lebron isn't a knick and probably never will be.

bigapple

Starter
its all about teammates that playing D and high IQ shots selection

compare it to Knicks and to Lebron's Cavs and now Heat.
Both teams roster were better D and better shot selection

both team reached finals.

Knicks lost 3 seasons mailny due D'Anotoni wortless system which mainly is about 3pt shot and no D
now MELO sees will he opt final year and join Lakers and what again D'Antoni? dont think so

also Lebron dont like LA.

but i am interesting what will happend

what reaction will be in ESPN staff IF Lebron wants to join his forces with MELO
but i dont think MELO will move himself as Wade to less important piece in team.

But even if this could happend with these 2 players league would be worthelss to watch

its like connecting Durant with Bryant into 1 team both r killers and closers.

TruOrngnBlu

Benchwarmer
IDK. Hard to say but right this minute , I'd still hold pat in a higher regard. First off he wont go anywhere else and be the man amongst regular role players like Pat was. He'll force his way to join forces with melo and others to win it. This new super team era has changed the way you can compare today's players to those from back in the day.

petescud

Starter
Wonder if we got LBJ 3 years ago instead of Melo - and Melo went to the Heat, and the Heat won 2 with Melo, if we'd hear all this LBJ garbage....

Kiyaman

Legend
Wonder if we got LBJ 3 years ago instead of Melo - and Melo went to the Heat, and the Heat won 2 with Melo, if we'd hear all this LBJ garbage....

A hypothetical that wouldve never happen, Pat Riley was set on selecting D.Wade in the 2003 draft over every pick except Lebron James. NBA draft annalysis had D.Wade as a late 10th round pick.

When knowing the career of Pat Riley as a super-star player & winning coach/GM, plus D.Wade's high expectation of teammates. The two are the sole recruiters for the Miami Heats organization, and Melo's one-dimension performance wouldve never been accepted by the two decision-makers of the Heats organization.

Recall .. HC Pat Riley took us to the FINALS by recruiting two great defensive players from the CBA League in John Starks & Anthony Mason, making both 30 minute players that season.
And our next trip to the Finals were on the sole strength of Sprewell, Camby, and Houston's last second shot.
Pat only played one game in the 2nd round, and we lost that game.

metrocard

Legend
Melo is too one dimensional to be better than Patrick. Pat was a god on defense and consistent on offense...give me a prime Patrick Ewing over Melo any day.

Infact, if you replace Patrick with Melo, Knicks would have a better shot at the chip.

Prigioni/Felton
Smith/Hardaway
World Peace/Bargnani
Martin/Stoudemire
Ewing/Chandler

A defensive core of World Peace, Martin and Ewing would strike fear to any team since they can defend in a variety of ways, interior defense or defense against the pick and role.

Smith, Bargnani and Stoudemire will pick up the scoring...and probably play a lot better without Melo.

I like Melo and I believe he gives us a great shot at winning, but Ewing is just better by about 2-3 points for me, it's very close since Melo is a rare talent.

I'll even take prime Ewing over a prime Kobe.

petescud

Starter
Kiyaman, i have to disagree with you...Just as the Knicks made Melo their 2nd option, i believe the Heat would had too. Difference is the Heat organization wouldn't put up with Melo's ball hog play. Riley, Spolstra and Wade would see to it. Melo would be forced to be more of a team player. Less points, more assist....imo

Broadway

All Star
sometimes, it's not the destination. it's the journey that matter most.

everybody loves a underdog story.

and **** leflop.

Your friend sounds desperate

No kidding and Lebron is looking for every corner to cut getting there. As I said in the other thread, which some failed to use a broader base of facts Lebron vs Magic..... Lebron isn't about "THE STRUGGLE" he's about "WHAT I'M OWED, I'M KING JAMES, I AIN'T GOT NO WORRIES CLOWN". He's essentially begged the league to give him a title. Now he has 2 and he's the greatest thing ever according to a large amount of caught up New Yorkers? Get real.

Lebron hasn't gone to war against any great player nor teams. NONE! And what kills me even more is that for almost 3yrs this fan base talked ad nauseum about him coming here. He toyed with us....made a mockery really of this team during the time, especially when we played the Cavs. He would shoot 30ft jumpers like he was out on some playground just bs in games? Anyone remember how he played in games against us? I do, I have the memory of an elephant. He said publicly "WE DON'T PLAY DEFENSE"(even if true it was a slam against us publicly)<-------Did he say that about other teams? I sure don't recall it.

2015 is approaching......AND......HERE......WE.......GOOOOOOOO!!!!!

It's like where is the intelligence and pride in the Knick fan base. Where is it? Really we're trying to relive 2010 over again to lust for him one last time, when we should have been wise enough to tell him go Front Run then? We've won 2 chips without him and one day again we'll win another without him.... because the Knicks are greater than Lebron. You see his playing career may span 15-20yrs and he's done....meanwhile the Knicks go on beyond.

I could care less of his great talents. I never want him to wear a Knick uniform because he's not built to play here. I mean we know what real greatness is about. We've seen it in Jeter/Mo/Manning/Reed/Frazier

He's nothing like them and I agree he's nothing like Patrick either. Patrick wanted to beat Micheal(played big against the Bulls when it was go time) and for that alone the respect level will always remain at an apex for "THE WARRIOR"

LUCK FEBRON!!

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
A hypothetical that wouldve never happen, Pat Riley was set on selecting D.Wade in the 2003 draft over every pick except Lebron James. NBA draft annalysis had D.Wade as a late 10th round pick.

When knowing the career of Pat Riley as a super-star player & winning coach/GM, plus D.Wade's high expectation of teammates. The two are the sole recruiters for the Miami Heats organization, and Melo's one-dimension performance wouldve never been accepted by the two decision-makers of the Heats organization.

Recall .. HC Pat Riley took us to the FINALS by recruiting two great defensive players from the CBA League in John Starks & Anthony Mason, making both 30 minute players that season.
And our next trip to the Finals were on the sole strength of Sprewell, Camby, and Houston's last second shot.
Pat only played one game in the 2nd round, and we lost that game.

Kiya I am pretty sure Riley was not set on selecting Wade. In fact there was a lot of speculation that if Bosh had been available then he would have selected him over Wade.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lebron hasn't gone to war against any great player nor teams. NONE! And what kills me even more is that for almost 3yrs this fan base talked ad nauseum about him coming here. He toyed with us....made a mockery really of this team during the time, especially when we played the Cavs. He would shoot 30ft jumpers like he was out on some playground just bs in games? Anyone remember how he played in games against us? I do, I have the memory of an elephant. He said publicly "WE DON'T PLAY DEFENSE" (even if true it was a slam against us publicly)<-------Did he say that about other teams? I sure don't recall it.

Lebron biggest challenge came when we hired BIG-MOUTH Donnie Walsh as our GM, Walsh open speech of getting the job in the 2007-8 season was his "2010 Plan" to sign the top super-star FA Lebron James.
The sports media double/tripple on Lebron for two straight seasons asking the same question a million times, "will u leave Cleveland to sign with the big-market Knicks?" .. Lebron was so upset about the chaotic statement Donnie Walsh made that during the 2008-9 season Lebron won 66 games that season for the Cavs, and blowing the Knicks out every game that season. New York strong endorsements companys pursued Lebron and his agent for two years making the Cavs owner mad as hell.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiyaman, i have to disagree with you...Just as the Knicks made Melo their 2nd option, i believe the Heat would had too. Difference is the Heat organization wouldn't put up with Melo's ball hog play. Riley, Spolstra and Wade would see to it. Melo would be forced to be more of a team player. Less points, more assist....imo

Melo has never been a 2nd option since High School .. thats why Pat Riley would never take that chance with a 7 or 8 season veteran Melo. Plus Melo & fastbreaks dont go together, and that would piss-off D.Wade like it pissed-off Iverson, Kenyon Martin, and Amare.