Felton's summer

tiger0330

Legend
He's lost 15 pounds since the end of the season which is phenomenal since he should have been pretty lean after 82 games and 12 playoff games.

Say's he wants to push the pace this season and the team will have a pre-training camp after Labor Day.

He always had the rep of gaining weight in the off-season but looks like he's learned something after Portland.

tiger0330

Legend
I really think Felton is a key player for this team, so this is good news.
Woody agrees with you when he says only 3 guys are guaranteed starting jobs Melo, Tyson and Ray.

I think Woody is being a little hasty, I would still like to see Beno compete for the starting PG position.

Rob Low

Rotation player
Felton is way better than Beno. I don't understand why you guys underrate Felton so much. We looked like **** when he was out with his hand injury last year and he was easily the mvp of that Boston series.

tiger0330

Legend
Ray may be better but Beno does have the better career shooting numbers so I wouldn't say Felton is way better than Beno. Our opinions don't matter only Woody's and thats a solid endorsement for Felton when he gives him a starters job and he doesn't give one to Shump.

Broadway

All Star
He's lost 15 pounds since the end of the season which is phenomenal since he should have been pretty lean after 82 games and 12 playoff games.

Say's he wants to push the pace this season and the team will have a pre-training camp after Labor Day.

He always had the rep of gaining weight in the off-season but looks like he's learned something after Portland.

I look at it the other way around. This is just like all the EY Curry Fluff pieces of his conditioning right before camp was to begin.

Look that's why they qualify the weight loss and say..."AT THE END OF LAST SEASON"

If you go back to the beginning of last season remember Raymond "PUT THE CUPCAKES DOWN" and came into camp with a chip on his shoulder about his conditioning? Remember Roy Williams made comments of how committed Ray was and that he's been in the best shape he's ever been in his career?

Do you guys blackout certain things concerning a season from season-to-season?

Look you can't come into camp every season losing weight if.....

Wait for it

Wait for it

Wait

Wait for it

Wait

Here it comes.....

IF YOU HAVEN'T PUT ON WEIGHT DURING THE SEASON LAST YEAR

This tells me Ray probably does what many athletes do to lose weight fast(maybe boxer style fashion and do a healthy dehydration) but as time goes by their walking around weight comes right back to earth. It's not like Raymond weighed 300lbs and needed to drop major weight gradually each season. You can't lose weight every off-season. Raymond has always played around 205lbs. So if he lost weight last yr, let's say 10lbs... and lost 15lbs this off-season, he's like 180lbs. Come on Gimmie A Break

There's nothing here....but fluff to make you feel good.

AND HERE WE GOO WITH REFERENCES OF WHAT WAS SAID TO TIMELINE THIS ALL DOWN

July 2012

Raymond Felton is motivated and in shape.

That?s what North Carolina coach Roy Williams told me Saturday morning at the Peach Jam where he is scouting some of the top high school prospects in the nation.

?He took less money to go to New York, he could?ve gotten more money somewhere else,? Williams said. ?He wants to be in New York. He is motivated. The people in New York should remember how good he was for half a year because he played his buns off. He played his buns off.?

Williams said Felton was at North Carolina recently and was in good shape.
?Raymond Felton will be in shape,? Williams said. ?He?ll be fired up. He is fired up right now. He looks great.?

He added: ?I asked him six weeks ago, ?If a team says you need to lose 15 pounds, what are you going to tell them?? He says, ?I?ve already lost 10 and I?ll lose 10 more.? He?s going to be motivated.?

So what a sec Raymond actually said he lost 10lbs in July of 2012 and that he would lose 10 more. Which means when the season started, going from his natural playing weight.... he should have been 185lbs at the start of the season.

Now fast forward a year he's another 15lbs which means he's coming into camp anorexic at a slim 170lbs. This proves Thickems didn't put the cupackes down last year. He also spoke of losing weight this off-season and that he's been eating chicken and vegetables.....well what the heck were you eating last year Rhino Thighs, Hippo Breasts...Raymond do this, tell us what you were eating last year....

STFU about your conditioning.....

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
I look at it the other way around. This is just like all the EY Curry Fluff pieces of his conditioning right before camp was to begin.

Look that's why they qualify the weight loss and say..."AT THE END OF LAST SEASON"

If you go back to the beginning of last season remember Raymond "PUT THE CUPCAKES DOWN" and came into camp with a chip on his shoulder about his conditioning? Remember Roy Williams made comments of how committed Ray was and that he's been in the best shape he's ever been in his career?

Do you guys blackout certain things concerning a season from season-to-season?

Look you can't come into camp every season losing weight if.....

Wait for it

Wait for it

Wait

Wait for it

Wait

Here it comes.....

IF YOU HAVEN'T PUT ON WEIGHT DURING THE SEASON LAST YEAR

This tells me Ray probably does what many athletes do to lose weight fast(maybe boxer style fashion and do a healthy dehydration) but as time goes by their walking around weight comes right back to earth. It's not like Raymond weighed 300lbs and needed to drop major weight gradually each season. You can't lose weight every off-season. Raymond has always played around 205lbs. So if he lost weight last yr, let's say 10lbs... and lost 15lbs this off-season, he's like 180lbs. Come on Gimmie A Break

There's nothing here....but fluff to make you feel good.

AND HERE WE GOO WITH REFERENCES OF WHAT WAS SAID TO TIMELINE THIS ALL DOWN

So what a sec Raymond actually said he lost 10lbs in July of 2012 and that he would lose 10 more. Which means when the season started, going from his natural playing weight.... he should have been 185lbs at the start of the season.

Now fast forward a year he's another 15lbs which means he's coming into camp anorexic at a slim 170lbs. This proves Thickems didn't put the cupackes down last year. He also spoke of losing weight this off-season and that he's been eating chicken and vegetables.....well what the heck were you eating last year Rhino Thighs, Hippo Breasts...Raymond do this, tell us what you were eating last year....

STFU about your conditioning.....
In Portland he weighed like 235 lbs. so the weight he lost last off-season just got him down to the playing weight he's played at for his whole careeer.

He's always had the rep of coming into camp over weight his entire career and then used training camp to lose the weight before the season began. Felton saying he lost 15 pounds before camp tells me he's finally taking his job as an NBA pro seriously where the season is year long and not just between Oct.-Apr.

Broadway

All Star
In Portland he weighed like 235 lbs. so the weight he lost last off-season just got him down to the playing weight he's played at for his whole careeer.

He's always had the rep of coming into camp over weight his entire career and then used training camp to lose the weight before the season began. Felton saying he lost 15 pounds before camp tells me he's finally taking his job as an NBA pro seriously where the season is year long and not just between Oct.-Apr.

Naaahh that doesn't fly at all. What it says Felton puts on weight during the season or as it drags along. It doesn't take 2yrs to drop 30lbs. Matter of fact let's take a look at what he looked like coming into camp at Portland. You know the place he signed in the off-season because he was so determined not to be a backup to Ty Lawson...he had a chip then right? He was approaching his job seriously then right?

Here's Ray at Portland's camp

raymond-felton-practice-84e7c9b44e86fc33.jpg

I'd say he's pretty slim to normal size he's always been throughout his career. He actually looks pretty good there.

What about this pic?
raymond-felton-marcus-camby-2011-12-9-21-20-47.jpg

Looks really good here as did Camby. Problem is, is what I said Felton along with other athletes like to be who and what they are once all the Open House cameras go away. Please stop drinking the Fool-Aid here. We've seen the same gas out routine from Felton this being his second tour of duty....Dude starts flaking out by the time January roles around because quite frankly he likes the New York Culinary lifestyle and every other city he's been in. Gotta love how when guys hit 30yrs of age after playing basketball for most of their life they're committed like no other.

tiger0330

Legend
Naaahh that doesn't fly at all. What it says Felton puts on weight during the season or as it drags along. It doesn't take 2yrs to drop 30lbs. Matter of fact let's take a look at what he looked like coming into camp at Portland. You know the place he signed in the off-season because he was so determined not to be a backup to Ty Lawson...he had a chip then right? He was approaching his job seriously then right?

Here's Ray at Portland's camp

raymond-felton-practice-84e7c9b44e86fc33.jpg

I'd say he's pretty slim to normal size he's always been throughout his career. He actually looks pretty good there.

What about this pic?
raymond-felton-marcus-camby-2011-12-9-21-20-47.jpg

Looks really good here as did Camby. Problem is, is what I said Felton along with other athletes like to be who and what they are once all the Open House cameras go away. Please stop drinking the Fool-Aid here. We've seen the same gas out routine from Felton this being his second tour of duty....Dude starts flaking out by the time January roles around because quite frankly he likes the New York Culinary lifestyle and every other city he's been in. Gotta love how when guys hit 30yrs of age after playing basketball for most of their life they're committed like no other.
Felton looked good in the game against Boston. Definitely looked lighter than last year and moved as fast as I've ever seen him.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
18 points on a 58% shooting, that's more than solid. Wished he had more assists and maybe a couple more rebounds. :D