SuperFight:Alavarez V Mayweather

jimkcchief88

All Star
Just watched the weigh-in and now I'm pumped. Who's gonna win fellas???? I'm in Canelo's corner personally because I don't really have any respect for "Money" after his sucker punch in the Ortiz fight. Besides Money is all Mayweather has, because nasty intentions in the ring is what money doesn't have. I mean I guess it's good for Money that he gets paid 20 mil to to spar on ppv, but it sucks for us fans that pay his salary. I have seen more compelling fights on "Contender" then any of Money 's fights. What do you guys think???( I know u are out there somewhere Metro:)

tiger0330

Legend
First time I've seen Mayweather fight. No doubt a great technical fighter with great hand speed and the ability to slip a punch but does he always fight like that or does he go to war on occasion? If you enjoy watching a very skilled boxer, I would pay to see him again but Pacquio's fights have more action for me.

metrocard

Legend
First time I've seen Mayweather fight. No doubt a great technical fighter with great hand speed and the ability to slip a punch but does he always fight like that or does he go to war on occasion? If you enjoy watching a very skilled boxer, I would pay to see him again but Pacquio's fights have more action for me.

well Pacquiao would sadly get obliterated by Mayweather, that's why Pacquiao wanted a 50/50 purse...Mayweather demanded 60/40 at the least which made sense since Floyd was the superior fighter.

I get tired of Floyd fighting the same style, but if you saw the fight in the first 3 rounds, Floyd was actually the aggressor and felt Canelo out, from there he just simply out boxed him.

People won't enjoy seeing that because boxing is an artform of mastery. Especially casual fans who don't understand boxing within itself and it's something not natural to them. If people had the ability to box like that, they'll be more fans of MAyweather.

I wouldn't pay for a Floyd Mayweather fight just because it's simply not a fair match and he dominates all his opponents.

I like more even bouts where you can see both guys get pushed to their max potential and a lot of back and forth action, I can totally see your point and Pacquiao fights are more exciting than Floyd just based on the fact Pacquiao makes himself vulnerable and that makes the fight more exciting. Theres more risk and danger involved.

tiger0330

Legend
well Pacquiao would sadly get obliterated by Mayweather, that's why Pacquiao wanted a 50/50 purse...Mayweather demanded 60/40 at the least which made sense since Floyd was the superior fighter.

I get tired of Floyd fighting the same style, but if you saw the fight in the first 3 rounds, Floyd was actually the aggressor and felt Canelo out, from there he just simply out boxed him.

People won't enjoy seeing that because boxing is an artform of mastery. Especially casual fans who don't understand boxing within itself and it's something not natural to them. If people had the ability to box like that, they'll be more fans of MAyweather.

I wouldn't pay for a Floyd Mayweather fight just because it's simply not a fair match and he dominates all his opponents.

I like more even bouts where you can see both guys get pushed to their max potential and a lot of back and forth action, I can totally see your point and Pacquiao fights are more exciting than Floyd just based on the fact Pacquiao makes himself vulnerable and that makes the fight more exciting. Theres more risk and danger involved.
So he always fights like that. No wonder he's had such a long career, doesn't take a lot of punishment like some other boxers like Frazier/Ali and Pryor/Arguello.

I kind of agree about a Pacquiao/Mayweather fight. I don't think Floyd would destroy Pacquiao, he wouldn't knock Manny out but would beat him in a decision. Mayweather's style would frustrate Manny no end.

Last edited:

LeFlume

All Star
Only time can defeat money Mayweather, he is by far the best I have ever seen, say what you want about his style but he has perfected the noble art of self-defense.