upcoming season

Kiyaman

Legend
This season I want the Knicks to focus on staying healthy, getting there younger guys decent minutes if possible to put less strain via minutes on the vets/starters, and finally experiment with the lineups in preparation for the playoffs.

This year shouldn't be a race to win regular season games. The Knicks have shown they can do that. They should just aim for a high seed of course, but prep for the playoffs even more. The Knicks should be aiming for a deep playoff run or championship.

They got some real decent players too. Best depth they've had in like forever, even before the Melo trade. Knicks just need to figure out how to approach the playoffs and the lineup/mismatches that brings. Also I don't expect them to be bullied by teams this year either. They got some real goons, and some real workhorses and even a legit 2nd/3rd/4th option in Barg to hopefully keep teams honest if they decide to go big to clog the paint.... Things are looking good at the beginning of the season

I have to agree with u on the new players we stacked up on in the offseason, and the idea of working on several different plays vs small running teams and bigman teams to prepare for the postseason games.
It would be nice if HC Woody had all our players mind set that our regular season games (wins & losses) should be a learning preperation for our seven game series in April/May to improve our weak areas as well as strong areas.

Im not proud of (or condone) the Bargani trade where we gave-up a future first round pick, plus two 2nd round picks .. Bargani's all-around performance in 7 seasons prove that he shouldve been a 2nd round pick in the NBA.

All the good that GM Grunwald did for the Knicks the past 2 seasons, this trade is/was suspicious to draw a Red-Flag from any NBA team. What we gave the Raptors organization for Bargani, we couldve gave to the Warriors organization for Knicks fan-favorite all-star double-double David Lee. At least we Knicks fans would've known what we will be getting putting PF-David Lee with C-Chandler in our frontcourt this offseason. Bargani has been a suprise-suprise expect the unexpected throughout the offseason for Knicks fans.
We all know what to expect from Beno, Meta, and even our draft pick Hardaway Jr. ....
What do u expect from a player u gave-up a first-round pick, and two 2nd round picks???

DrB

Benchwarmer
Rediculous ...Camby was injured and his seasonal play sucked Barron would have been dissemated . What were smoking...?

Kiyaman

Legend
it means for u Rose = Jordan and Noah is Pippen sill level.

Well Noah is like Rodman and Rose is like Randy Brown & Tonic Kukoc combined.

beno started his career with Spurs so he was perfectly settle from his 1st days in NBA with Parker as company
thats why i got big hopes with him.

Beno is a great pickup for us .... Rose & Noah are the Bulls comunication leaders on offense & defense for their teammates.
The same way Jordan & Pippin were in the 90's giving their teammates that extra confidence to do great things.
Its not about who has the best athletic B.ball skills, its about having team-leadership and team-comunication with teammates from 2 to 3 players on ur roster (Rose/Deng/Noah).
If an oponent was scoring on the Bulls from the left side of the court for 3 quarters, Jordan & Pippin would have their teammates force this high scoring oponent to the right side throughout the 4th quarter to shut him down, this is the samething Noah & Rose leadership does with their teammates, making HC Thibs team-defense the top-3 in the NBA, having a 62 win season in 2010-11.
Thats all I meant about the video.

metrocard

Legend
Rediculous ...Camby was injured and his seasonal play sucked Barron would have been dissemated . What were smoking...?

Everyone was injured last year. I think Camby's injury was expected. He always have a season where he's really injured and comes back next season to play 60-70 games but this year doesn't look like it. Same injury is still bother him and he's trying to avoid surgery.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Everyone was injured last year. I think Camby's injury was expected.

ha ha ha u damn right, Camby injury was expected ....
1) In 2002 owner Dolan personally had Camby traded to Denver along with our 7th pick in the first round (Nene), when the Denver medical staff examine Camby they gave Camby enough evidence to sue the Knicks medical-staff.
2) Lets not forget Camby's angry comment (on star teammates not playing defense) to the press after getting swept in the first-round of the playoffs in 2008. Everyone knew Camby's comment was directed towards Melo more than Iverson. So the Denver organization traded their 10 pt, 14 rb, 4 blk center Camby to the Clippers for nothing in return in 2008.

I guess when Woody got wind of Camby's history with Dolan, and then Melo too. Woody refuse to put Camby in the rotation as Tyson backup throughout the entire season with Melo at the PF. Glen Grunwald did not gain any points signing or trading Camby LOL

I almost fell out my chair in 2012 offseason when I heard the Knicks traded for a FA Camby, FA K.Thomas, and FA Felton.

By the way, the Houston Rockets dont have enough playingtime for their two 30 minute centers D.Howard & Astic, HC Mchale signed Old-Head Camby as the teams bigman coach, who's job it will be to break-down each game scouting report to D.Howard like Patrick Ewing did in Orlando. So expect the Rockets to win alot of back to back games this season.

bigapple

Starter
U see u fell out from chair when u saw trade

then how we felt when we saw that Starks was traded to GSW? and Ewing to Sonics?

our dream S5 Larry Latrell H20 Ewing Thomas Ward all of them playing D

Camby already will miss few weeks with Rockets

metrocard

Legend
ha ha ha u damn right, Camby injury was expected ....
1) In 2002 owner Dolan personally had Camby traded to Denver along with our 7th pick in the first round (Nene), when the Denver medical staff examine Camby they gave Camby enough evidence to sue the Knicks medical-staff.
2) Lets not forget Camby's angry comment (on star teammates not playing defense) to the press after getting swept in the first-round of the playoffs in 2008. Everyone knew Camby's comment was directed towards Melo more than Iverson. So the Denver organization traded their 10 pt, 14 rb, 4 blk center Camby to the Clippers for nothing in return in 2008.

I guess when Woody got wind of Camby's history with Dolan, and then Melo too. Woody refuse to put Camby in the rotation as Tyson backup throughout the entire season with Melo at the PF. Glen Grunwald did not gain any points signing or trading Camby LOL

I almost fell out my chair in 2012 offseason when I heard the Knicks traded for a FA Camby, FA K.Thomas, and FA Felton.

By the way, the Houston Rockets dont have enough playingtime for their two 30 minute centers D.Howard & Astic, HC Mchale signed Old-Head Camby as the teams bigman coach, who's job it will be to break-down each game scouting report to D.Howard like Patrick Ewing did in Orlando. So expect the Rockets to win alot of back to back games this season.

Wow. I remember the dark days when everything about this franchise was unprofessional. I am not surprised one bit, Knicks haven't been a winning franchise and it starts with it's organization and their personnel staff. The culture in MSG stinks and had created a losing environment where the only winning that happens is when the Knicks add a "talented" player to a cluttered roster without addressing any team weaknesses. Forever losing.

Broadway

All Star
Wow. I remember the dark days when everything about this franchise was unprofessional. I am not surprised one bit, Knicks haven't been a winning franchise and it starts with it's organization and their personnel staff. The culture in MSG stinks and had created a losing environment where the only winning that happens is when the Knicks add a "talented" player to a cluttered roster without addressing any team weaknesses. Forever losing.

Nothing has changed....

We gave Amar'e all the money he was entitled to($100mil) when the Phx Suns only wanted to give him 4yrs of guaranteed money at $73mil or thereabouts. Phx Suns probably has the best medical staff in all of sports. They of all teams would know the state of Amar'e going forward and they were right on the money.

We gave Felton a raise after he had a tumultuous yr in Portland where he ballooned to Michellin levels, while also trading rights to recently drafted prospects and letting Lin go for nothing.

We gave Marcus Camby a multi-yr deal at essentially the same money he was making previous season, after he finished the season with Rockets playing not at 100%.

We gave J.R. Smith all the money he was entitled to this off-season after knowing he would need knee surgery after shredding his knee during the playoffs or shortly prior to. This after he had one of the most disastrous post-seasons on and off the court essentially costing us a series.

Would have paid Lin had he not pissed Dolan off and he had a similar injury to J.R. Smith.

We're looking at extending Melo near $25mil/per season for the next 4yrs when he recently admitted he played end of the yr and post-season with torn rotator cuff and torn labrum...opting not to have surgery letting those injuries heal on their own. Nevermind the fact his FGA output increased tremendously at season's end chasing a scoring title and increased overall during the playoffs.

Fans want to applaud him for playing as a martyr during the playoffs battered and injured although refusing to pass and want to applaud him for passing during the first game of a meaningless preseason game.(rolling eyes...can't have it both ways)

I wonder what will happen if he re-aggravates it or if we struggle during the season.... what he decides to do at season's end after he gets his money?

I want anyone, whether you're an extreme die hard or simply a casual fan.... show me what franchise operates this way.

Last edited:

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
Nothing has changed....

We gave Amar'e all the money he was entitled to($100mil) when the Phx Suns only wanted to give him 4yrs of guaranteed money at $73mil or thereabouts. Phx Suns probably has the best medical staff in all of sports. They of all teams would know the state of Amar'e going forward and they were right on the money.

We gave Felton a raise after he had a tumultuous yr in Portland where he ballooned to Michellin levels, while also trading rights to recently drafted prospects and letting Lin go for nothing.

We gave Marcus Camby a multi-yr deal at essentially the same money he was making previous season, after he finished the season with Rockets playing not at 100%.

We gave J.R. Smith all the money he was entitled to this off-season after knowing he would need knee surgery after shredding his knee during the playoffs or shortly prior to. This after he had one of the most disastrous post-seasons on and off the court essentially costing us a series.

Would have paid Lin had he not pissed Dolan off and he had a similar injury to J.R. Smith.

We're looking at extending Melo near $25mil/per season for the next 4yrs when he recently admitted he played end of the yr and post-season with torn rotator cuff and torn labrum...opting not to have surgery letting those injuries heal on their own. Nevermind the fact his FGA output increased tremendously at season's end chasing a scoring title and increased overall during the playoffs.

Fans want to applaud him for playing as a martyr during the playoffs battered and injured although refusing to pass and want to applaud him for passing during the first game of a meaningless preseason game.(rolling eyes...can't have it both ways)

I wonder what will happen if he re-aggravates it or if we struggle during the season.... what he decides to do at season's end after he gets his money?

I want anyone, whether you're an extreme die hard or simply a casual fan.... show me what franchise operates this way.

Can't argue the Amare fully, but he did bring life back into this team. A risk I probably would not have taken but the Knicks were desperate at the time.

Not sure what you mean by giving Felton a raise. His annual salary went from 7.5M in 2011 to 3.5M in 2012. That is more than a 50% decrease in salary. Camby's contract was for 13M for 3 years with 10M guranteed. That's 3.3M per year. So he took a significant pay cut from the 11M he made the year before he signed.

While I don't like the money the gave JR they really did not have a choice. It's not a disastrous contract and the Knicks were not in a position to replace his production on the court.

The Rockets have tried to trade Lin and have found no takers for that contract. The Knicks made the right decision about Lin.

All this criticism for a team that won 54 games last year and reached the second round. I think most teams would kill for their team to operate that way if that is the end result.

Kiyaman

Legend

Amare signing with the Knicks (instead of Chicago) saved this Knicks Organization from being the biggest JOKE in NBA history during 2010 offseason. The Knicks BIG-MOUTH GM gave away several Knicks future draft picks for a dream called the "2010-Plan", he traded 3 year contracts worth $70M, for 2 year contracts worth $70M, while TANKING 2 seasons by DNP healthy players.

There was not one All-Star FA interested in signing with the BIG-MOUTH GM Knicks during the 2010 offseason, the only star player interested in signing with the Knicks was Boozer, and at practically the same price as Amare.
And if Dolan wouldve added Ball-Hoggin ISO-Melo with Boozer, then Boozer wouldve also caught a case of injury-prone seasons like Amare and Kenyon Martin did.