Woodson: Knicks must improve on defense

Kiyaman

Legend
I think Woodson knows a little more about lineups than you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I doubt it .. I was coaching bigmen moves when the Knicks drafted Mike Woodson as a SG.
SG-Gerald Wilkins never let Woodson get any playingtime as a Knicks.

The Knicks using Nate Robinson lockerroom tactics as a scape-goat for several of the teams 23 win seasons, was just Isiah Thomas diversion to keep fans from mentioning the clarity of the Knicks organization-mess having a coaching-staff that never got on the same-page with the players.
Nate Robinson was the best MVP PG in two summer-league offseasons, and from 2005 to 2009 (under 3 different Knicks HC) the Knicks used a 5.8 Nate Robinson as a SG, who is the headcase in that scenario???

Nate vs JR = N8 the Great...

Kiyaman

Legend
The only hope for HC Woody to have a decent defensive team this year, he will have to give the defensive-coaching to Kenyon Martin, and assistant coach Darrel Walker.

metrocard

Legend
I doubt it .. I was coaching bigmen moves when the Knicks drafted Mike Woodson as a SG.

The Knicks using Nate Robinson lockerroom tactics as a scape-goat for several of the teams 23 win seasons, was just Isiah Thomas diversion to keep fans from mentioning the clarity of the Knicks organization-mess having a coaching-staff that never got on the same-page with the players.
Nate Robinson was the best MVP PG in two summer-league offseasons, and from 2005 to 2009 (under 3 different Knicks HC) the Knicks used a 5.8 Nate Robinson as a SG, who is the headcase in that scenario???

Kiyaman, you should get back into coaching again. You have the best insight in the sport IMO, people sleep on you because the information you present is too much for their conditioned reality.

Nate Rob would level up the Knicks with his improved defense and dynamic scoring ability to take men off the dribble and create havoc. I believe he was averaging 17 and 7 per 36 and really improved his mid range jumper and passing.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer

That's great that you have a coaching background. But you don't have Woodson's resume, as shaky as it might be especially when it come to the NBA playoffs.

Call it scapegoating all you want but what I see on the basketball court is an immature child that can't control his emotions. We already have that in JR, and JR just won the 6th man of the year award. That would have been foolish to drop him for Nate Robinson, who's claim to game is a summer league MVP and a multi time dunk champion in a watered down dunk contest era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

petescud

Starter
I believe we were 17th in the league (Defense) last year....we need to be in the top 10 to think we can make it to the finals. Woodson has to elevate his coaching as well as the guys improving to come close to the top10.