ESPN Ranks Melo 15th BP In The League

Broadway

All Star
I think that's about right, I had him somewhere between 13-18.

Last year he was ranked 17th at season's begin but finished 9th by the time playoffs started

This year he's ranked 15th I don't think he cracks Top 10 this time. For the record I think ESPN's rankings are a little skewed based on many different variables but going off the here and now I can't say I strongly disagree.

Appears their Top 10 will be...

James
Durant
CP3
Harden
Rose
Westbrook
D-12
Curry
Kyrie
Gasol(Marc)

Can't say I disagree with any of these guys cracking Top 10. Espn has plenty of good players ranked low though, like Kobe/Rondo/Wade to name a few.

metrocard

Legend
After a career year, it's hard to say. Let's see how Melo does this season. He's proven to be MVP caliber when he plays defense and rebound.

I'm worried about Melo opting out of surgery and how that will affect his body this season. We need everything from Melo this year.

Broadway

All Star
After a career year, it's hard to say. Let's see how Melo does this season. He's proven to be MVP caliber when he plays defense and rebound.

I'm worried about Melo opting out of surgery and how that will affect his body this season. We need everything from Melo this year.

Couldn't have been last yr because he didn't do really well in those areas although he finished 3rd(highest ever in his career) in voting. Appears to me he got it based on his scoring prowess being on a team that won 50+gms

I could care less about where he lies in the MVP race. The best he's done in his career as a winner, was when he played with Billups in 208-2009. Billups finished higher(6th in voting) in MVP race over Melo but the Nuggets got to the WCF that yr.

I want Knicks peak accomplishments, not what Melo can stat pad to his mediocre career.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter

There is zero doubt that Melo will again injure his shoulder.....Rehab works but not when you are playing 80 games......There is zero reason to sign Melo for 130 million for 5 years,,,,,,,He says he wants to win a championship but he will make absolutely no sacrifice for that to happen..........Melo makes a ton on endorsements and surly does not need the money.........Test free agency means that Dolan will have to be a big shot and pay him the MAX.....Then Melo will complain how he does not have another star to play with......He needs to understand that in this day and age you need to make sacrifices and at age 35 he is not worth 30 million a year.

Kiyaman

Legend
There is zero doubt that Melo will again injure his shoulder.....Rehab works but not when you are playing 80 games......There is zero reason to sign Melo for 130 million for 5 years,,,,,,,He says he wants to win a championship but he will make absolutely no sacrifice for that to happen..........Melo makes a ton on endorsements and surly does not need the money.........Test free agency means that Dolan will have to be a big shot and pay him the MAX.....Then Melo will complain how he does not have another star to play with......He needs to understand that in this day and age you need to make sacrifices and at age 35 he is not worth 30 million a year.

As soon as we start playing .450 b.ball, and the losses start adding up ISO-Melo will decline this season to go for surgery .. this will happen way before February, so Melo rehab return date will be in April. Leaving Dolan with two option, resign ISO-Melo or lose Melo to the FA market. Take one guess what Dolan will do? A-Rod A-Rod A-Rod

This u can take to the bank...

Kiyaman

Legend
Couldn't have been last yr because he didn't do either really well last year although he finished 3rd(highest ever in his career) in voting last yr. Appears to me he got it based on his scoring prowess being on a team that won 50+gms

I could care less about where lies in the MVP race. The best he's done in his career as a winner was when he played with Billups in 208-2009. Billups that year finished higher(6th in voting) in MVP race over Melo but the Nuggets got to the WCF that yr.

I want Knicks peak accomplishments not what Melo can stat pad to his mediocre career.

:agreed:
All this hype for an "Individual-Player" who performance does not spell Team-Ball.
In 2008-9 Melo played in 66 games for the Nuggets, and Billups made sure the Nuggets won all 16 games without Melo. So all the hype and increase ticket prices in the Melo trade, when the best player in the trade was ole man MVP winner Chuancey Billups.

metrocard

Legend
Couldn't have been last yr because he didn't do really well in those areas although he finished 3rd(highest ever in his career) in voting. Appears to me he got it based on his scoring prowess being on a team that won 50+gms

I could care less about where he lies in the MVP race. The best he's done in his career as a winner, was when he played with Billups in 208-2009. Billups finished higher(6th in voting) in MVP race over Melo but the Nuggets got to the WCF that yr.

I want Knicks peak accomplishments, not what Melo can stat pad to his mediocre career.

I liked Melo last year because how he carried himself, I felt like he brought a leadership quality despite getting zero love from refs and getting hacked all season. IMO, Melo should of averaged 30 points of a game but was always cheated out of a trip to the free throw line. He takes more contact than LeBron...

but I don't disagree with you on everything except on Melo having a mediocre career. You can't find too many SF's who had a career like Melo.

I know he's not LeBron, Duncan etc but Melo is a HOFer we can atleast acknowledge that.

metrocard

Legend
As soon as we start playing .450 b.ball, and the losses start adding up ISO-Melo will decline this season to go for surgery .. this will happen way before February, so Melo rehab return date will be in April. Leaving Dolan with two option, resign ISO-Melo or lose Melo to the FA market. Take one guess what Dolan will do? A-Rod A-Rod A-Rod

This u can take to the bank...

Resigning Melo on a roster with pieces that can only get us 45-50 wins and not enough strength to power through the playoffs will haunt this franchise worst than everything Isiah did with the Knicks in the 00s.

Broadway

All Star
I liked Melo last year because how he carried himself, I felt like he brought a leadership quality despite getting zero love from refs and getting hacked all season. IMO, Melo should of averaged 30 points of a game but was always cheated out of a trip to the free throw line. He takes more contact than LeBron...

but I don't disagree with you on everything except on Melo having a mediocre career. You can't find too many SF's who had a career like Melo.

I know he's not LeBron, Duncan etc but Melo is a HOFer we can atleast acknowledge that.

He's no more a HOFer than Dominique Wilkins at this point(who took a while to get in). What Melo can hang his hat on some is his NCAA Championship which btw has nothing to do with the NEW YORK KNICKS.

This Slick Oil Car Salesman should have done what he said he was going to do at season's begin last year and looked to make sacrifices while playing a more all around game instead of chasing points.

Here's exactly what he said he would do....although he qualified most of it showing what his true intentions were going to be in the end....

"I don't want to try to put all that burden on myself to go out there and try to do everything, so I'm willing to make any sacrifice in my game regardless of what anybody else says," he told ESPNNewYork.com on Friday. "If my scoring goes from 27 to 23, I'm cool with that. Right now, I'm willing to make any sacrifice that I have to."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...illing-sacrifice-scoring-help-new-york-knicks

“For me personally, I’m in my 10th year,’’ Anthony said. “Everyone pretty much knows I can score the basketball. But for me to challenge myself, instill the trust into my teammates to give them that confidence when they do shoot the ball, to have that confidence that they can make it happen as well.

I’m done trying to score 35, 40 points to win the basketball game. I don’t want that role anymore. I can do it. That’s what I do. But in order for this team to be successful, for guys we have right now, we need a more well-rounded team. If I have to sacrifice on the offensive end, I’m willing to do it. It’s easy for me to sit here and say it. But this year it’s going to be locking in and doing it as the leader of this team."

http://nypost.com/2012/10/02/knicks-anthony-plans-to-score-less-get-teammates-involved-more/

I don't like him because individuals like him know what they can get away with in a city like this starving so bad to be in the mix. They'll say whatever you want to hear and do the exact opposite because they can. I really wish New York fans(those who actually live in the Tri-State are in particular) were more astute, cerebral, and judicial in how they go about demonstrating their fanfare.

You see, someone like Melo should have come here and done everything contrary to what he's been throughout his career....to earn your support. Instead he's the same guy he's always been, he's just wearing a different uniform. This is the same clown who sucker punched Mardy Collins(I don't care that he was a scrub and is no longer in the league) in The Garden. The guy is a first rate douchebag. He's not going to change, the sooner most of us realize this, the better.

Look you can keep romanticizing and feeling all fuzzy inside for what he did last year, which in essence was another Denver Nugget failure but I refuse to be fooled by this farce. I never was fooled and won't get to twice to feel a shame on me.

Last edited:

bigapple

Starter
I think they did a Top 300 or 400 list. The guys you question not being in the Top 10 fell between the 11-25 spots.

since Ducan joined Spurs and then Parker with Ginobili Spurs since 99 scored best record of winning % than any other franchise in NBA + that trio have already passes big three by Lakers winnin % playoff history.

looks like ESPN job is for ppl who just see Heat & money and First Take.

Broadway

All Star
since Ducan joined Spurs and then Parker with Ginobili Spurs since 99 scored best record of winning % than any other franchise in NBA + that trio have already passes big three by Lakers winnin % playoff history.

looks like ESPN job is for ppl who just see Heat & money and First Take.

They are ranking the players as of their current state...not what they've accomplished over the course of their careers.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
lol at Blake Griffin being better than Melo

I didn't even bother to take a look at that list when I heard the returning scoring champ is 15th. If they really put Blake Griffin ahead of Melo then that tells me everything I need to know about that runny sh*t of a list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
When you consider both sides of the ball and team play....there's nothing "lol at Blake being better than Melo"

You're a clown bro, Blake Griffin is as good as Melo?
Man this place isnt even fun to come to anymore.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Man this place isnt even fun to come to anymore.[/QUOTE]

Like Seriously. We got all types of knick "fans" that hate there so called team. Posters who were more optimistic during the eddy curry era. Senile posters, hot head can't be wrong poster and people who just hate and hate and hate on melo. It completely ruined our forum and it isn't fun. I wish they'd be banned

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Man this place isnt even fun to come to anymore.

Like Seriously. We got all types of knick "fans" that hate there so called team. Posters who were more optimistic during the eddy curry era. Senile posters, hot head can't be wrong poster and people who just hate and hate and hate on melo. It completely ruined our forum and it isn't fun. I wish they'd be banned

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

That's what im saying. This is our team, these are our players and we **** on them constantly.