Last Preseason Game @ New Garden

metrocard

Legend
Kemba Walker is amazing. it would be my dream come true if he became a Knick. He's an all around PG with his main weakness being his shooting which has improved every season and he will be a very good shooter this year.

Zeller is impressive for Charlotte.

Tim Hardaway looks good so far.

Broadway

All Star
We went to Melo to win or tie for that last second shot CLUTCH GENE....went clank. Like I was saying earlier guys in this vein still miss more than they make. I think Micheal Jordan made a commercial on failure, with a snipit about this. Last 5-6min of the game Kemba was more clutch.

Anyway J.R. and Shumpert were very good tonight as was Metta for a spurt. Not sure what Woody is gonna do about the rotation but he needs to ride whoever is getting the job done

Bargs/Melo/Chandler/Amar'e were gross and defensively an absolute painful thing to watch. We need some defensive interior presence badly one that rebounds like a beast.

Speaking of which we let Bumack Bumyambo grab like 20reb tonight<--------(really?) Last but not least Josh McRoberts did Bargnani better than Bargnani(this guy was so shook on our last 2 possessions) tonight and it only cost the Hornets slightly over $2.5mil to get him. That's the kind of player we needed for this team.

We're going to have major adversity this yr if we don't start off incredibly hot

Broadway

All Star
Kemba Walker is amazing. it would be my dream come true if he became a Knick. He's an all around PG with his main weakness being his shooting which has improved every season and he will be a very good shooter this year.

Zeller is impressive for Charlotte.

Tim Hardaway looks good so far.

Kemba is a very puzzling talent to figure out. It's like does he have upside left or is he still trying to figure the game out. He was money during winning time some of those shots were other worldly.

Broadway

All Star
I would like to add The Garden looked very nicely done. Not sure if half a billion nice, but nevertheless great upgrade and the sky bridge looks like a seamless addition as if they were always there.

Last edited:

petescud

Starter
We look like a .500 club today....Hope we can turn things around quick....maybe insert Chris Smith....lol

metrocard

Legend
I would like to add The Garden looked very nicely done. Not sure if half a billion nice, but nevertheless great upgrade and the sky bridge looks like a seamless addition as if they were always there.

My friend helped construct the sky bridge and tv monitor.

Kiyaman

Legend

A two year tax write-off for renovating MSG that wasnt finish last year this time.
MSG still doesnt look worth the dollar I spend to get in.
Dolan will have problems keeping 19 thousand seats full in MSG with Barkley Center making much noise.

We have the superior talent on our roster to be that team to beat in the East.
What we dont have is a headcoach-plan to stop mediocre teams from beating us at HOME.
Our coach dont have any strategy-plan to get our superior talent players to perform together as a team.

We dont have any player-chemistry from our guards to guards or bigmen to bigmen. We scored 0 points on fastbreaks.
We lost a 17 point lead in the 2nd half, we had 13 ast in the first half, and only 3 ast in the 2nd half.
We use our starters as closers, we got out-rebounded 57 to 46, shooting 37% fg, we took 26 3's (JR took 1)
What we do have is some one on one offense, and one on one defense without any coaching-strategy.
we seen this same "one on one" performance in our 2 postseason series in May.

Broadway

All Star

We have the superior talent on our roster to be that team to beat in the East.

False...we have talent, but not the right mix of talent, and definitely not the kind of talent you need to win it all.

What we dont have is a headcoach-plan to stop mediocre teams from beating us at HOME.

True...our head coach is what he is, a pretty good defensive mind limited offensive mind and becomes very stale as each season goes by. He's an okay regular season coach but way over his head when it comes postseason time.

tiger0330

Legend
For a coach that emphasizes defense so much I wonder how long he goes with Bargnani in the starting lineup? I don't think Bargs in the starting lineup is going to last more than a month before MWP replaces him.

bigapple

Starter
i Hope Tyson wont be playing like crap during season like pre season otherwise Hibbert Lopez and Bosh will eat him for breakfast

Kiyaman

Legend
For a coach that emphasizes defense so much I wonder how long he goes with Bargnani in the starting lineup? I don't think Bargs in the starting lineup is going to last more than a month before MWP replaces him.

Bargs is playing the 4 spot, and his best preseason performance look like a spot-bench-player in reg-season games.
The East & West conference teams are playing BIGS .... so Amare or K-Mart has to start at the 4 spot, plus be in the same-rotation with Tyson/Meta/Melo .... sorry Melo, u opting-out at the end of the season ur playingtime has been reduce to less than 30 minutes per game.

Kiyaman

Legend
False...we have talent, but not the right mix of talent, and definitely not the kind of talent you need to win it all.

All our veteran players should be played to their best talents .. not played to accomodate a single style in a halfcourt-set offensive system.

Our PG Felton, Prigioni, and Beno need to practice their pick n rolls with Amare, K-Mart, and Tyson, plus their backdoor play with JR, Shump, and Meta.
There's no reason why Tyson, Amare, and K-Mart should be shooting below 50% from the fg, when they have Felton, Prigioni, and Beno getting them the ball.

Our roster have two of the leagues DPOY, along with Kenyon Martin and two defensive-combo-guards in Shump & Prigioni .... why not let these 5 players create our defensive-system, plus lead it when out on the court.

We just dont have that X and O headcoach to discipline this type of play-plan-system into 12 players to get some same-page performance .. aka Pop, Doc, Carlyse, and Thibs.