Trade : Shump to Denver

uber

Benchwarmer
"Iman Shumpert is averaging 10.8 point per game and garners plenty of interest from teams around the league, but doesn’t appear to be a favorite of the Knicks."

:eek: what?

He's one of the reasons i still watch the Knicks.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
@bigapple: you do it once again and I swear to God I'll ****ing sue you for punitive damages. Shumpert is not being traded, right now it's only Isola (a very unreliable source BTW) talking BS to get him some more hits. Of course, trading Shumpert for Faried would solve a lot of our problems as Faried, who plays at the four, is a solid defender (compared to Amare or Bargnani) and a great rebounder, but I don't like the idea of trading the fans favorite, especially considering Shump's commitment to this organization.

bigapple

Starter
last season it was same talk now again
i dont wana any trade with Denved last time it was 5 players for 1

tiger0330

Legend
Didn't a lot of guys around here want Faried rather than Shump. I would rather trade JR than Shump but it could happen, he's got a history of knee injury problems going back to college, the Knicks might want to sell high with the JR and Timmy playing the same position and we need more help in the front court than at the wing.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
In the last game against the Bobcats Shumpert played 30 plus minutes. He took three shots. Felton took 17, Bargnani, 25 and Melo, 22. Shumpert is not a bashful shooter by nature. He must have been instructed to feed the others. I think that Woodson overrates Felton and J.R. I believe he is limiting Shumpert's development.

metrocard

Legend
Shumpert is better than Smith so it would be a downgrade.

Faried is good and we need a player like that.

I rather deal Felton or Smith before Shumpert...I want Shumpert and Fareid on the same team.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Shumpert is better than Smith so it would be a downgrade.

Faried is good and we need a player like that.

I rather deal Felton or Smith before Shumpert...I want Shumpert and Fareid on the same team.
Couldn't agree more, Felton/Smith for Faried is a no brainer. I think it'd be easier to replace Smith than Felton though, we have Shumpert and Hardaway at the two guard position. Prigioni/Udrih/Murry wouldn't make the work done. We could eventually look for options to involve the 3rd party in order to get us a reliable PG. We'd unload Felton and Smith, keep Shump, get Faried and a starting PG.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Guarantee Shumperts gone at the dead line.

Dont take that as me wanting him gone, it's just gonna happen.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
I get the impression that Woodson has little respect for Shumpert's play. I can see that from the way Woodson plays him. Whether the attitude extends upwards to the "Knicks brain trust"-- surely an oxymoron --is only a guess. Shumpert's on the ball defense has been excellent in the past, but Woodson's constant switching on defense, in my opinion, diminishes Shumpert's defensive prowess. I like Shumpert despite not developing much during his stint as a Knick. I prefer to let Woodson go, but I am not confident that Shumpert will remain a Knick. At this point Faried would not be an unfair trade, but I still like Shumpert.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I get the impression that Woodson has little respect for Shumpert's play. I can see that from the way Woodson plays him. Whether the attitude extends upwards to the "Knicks brain trust"-- surely an oxymoron --is only a guess. Shumpert's on the ball defense has been excellent in the past, but Woodson's constant switching on defense, in my opinion, diminishes Shumpert's defensive prowess. I like Shumpert despite not developing much during his stint as a Knick. I prefer to let Woodson go, but I am not confident that Shumpert will remain a Knick. At this point Faried would not be an unfair trade, but I still like Shumpert.

I believe the attitude actually extends downward from Dolan, there was that report Dolan wanted to trade Shump in the summer so it's impossible.

skisloper

Starter

Woodson is smart to get rid of Shumpert especially if Shump cant fit it to the beyond Brilliant defensive switching that Woodsons call for.......Woodsons days are so numbered....IF LIN HAS A HUGE GAME THURSDAY THERE IS NO DOUBT WOODY IS A GONER

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Maybe instead of getting rid of Woodson the GM should provide him with personnel that would fit well into his system? Let's be honest, Woodson is not out there playing and judging by his in-game reactions I can tell he's more than unhappy with how these Knicks are trying to implement his game plans. Players with non-existent defensive skills will never fit well into Woody's system. If you provide Woodson with players like Bargnani or Hardaway you can't expect it to work. As of now three out of five players in the starting lineup don't have the word "defense" in their dictionaries. We also don't have a reliable power forward and a backup center. Instead we have a 6'11 PF/C on a $20M/year contract with minutes restriction becuase he's got the knees of a 70 years old. We also have a soon to be 36 years old 6'9 PF who could contribute on the defensive end, but is also on minutes restriction. And last but not least we've got a 7' center who just grabbed one single rebound in 26 minutes of playing time. And now tell me how is this Woody's fault?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Maybe instead of getting rid of Woodson the GM should provide him with personnel that would fit well into his system? Let's be honest, Woodson is not out there playing and judging by his in-game reactions I can tell he's more than unhappy with how these Knicks are trying to implement his game plans. Players with non-existent defensive skills will never fit well into Woody's system. If you provide Woodson with players like Bargnani or Hardaway you can't expect it to work. As of now three out of five players in the starting lineup don't have the word "defense" in their dictionaries. We also don't have a reliable power forward and a backup center. Instead we have a 6'11 PF/C on a $20M/year contract with minutes restriction becuase he's got the knees of a 70 years old. We also have a soon to be 36 years old 6'9 PF who could contribute on the defensive end, but is also on minutes restriction. And last but not least we've got a 7' center who just grabbed one single rebound in 26 minutes of playing time. And now tell me how is this Woody's fault?
I agree a lot of the fault goes on the players, but Woodson definitely is the one at fault for not playing some players enough and/or at the right time. Copeland for example should have gotten more of a chance. As far as the minutes restrictions and every other game thing, I don't know who decided that.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I don't know how about K-Mart, but it wouldn't surprise me if Dolan was behind Amare's restriction. You don't pay a player $100M to watch most of the games from the bench... in street clothes. I also agree Woody isn't blameless here, but this whole situation is a more complicated issue IMO. Bad personnel decisions by Walsh/Grunwald, players underperforming, poor coaching. Everybody involved got his share of the Knicks current struggles. And what scares me the most is that there is no instant fix in place. It's not like Mills or Woody can change anything right away. We have to wait it out, if nothing changes after 20-25 games we should push the panic button where the most reasonable call would be to blow it all up. Let's see if Murry/Aldrich get some more PT, let's see how this team performs with Tyler in the lineup. How Amare/K-Mart will develop their games etc.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
I don't know how about K-Mart, but it wouldn't surprise me if Dolan was behind Amare's restriction. You don't pay a player $100M to watch most of the games from the bench... in street clothes. I also agree Woody isn't blameless here, but this whole situation is a more complicated issue IMO. Bad personnel decisions by Walsh/Grunwald, players underperforming, poor coaching. Everybody involved got his share of the Knicks current struggles. And what scares me the most is that there is no instant fix in place. It's not like Mills or Woody can change anything right away. We have to wait it out, if nothing changes after 20-25 games we should push the panic button where the most reasonable call would be to blow it all up. Let's see if Murry/Aldrich get some more PT, let's see how this team performs with Tyler in the lineup. How Amare/K-Mart will develop their games etc.

A start would not be switching on every single pick and screen. Clyde is constantly saying you cannot expect a guard to cover a 6-10 player and teams are exploiting our mismatches....As a coach you work with what you have and I 100% agree Woody is a tough situation......Felton should not be our starting PG.

petescud

Starter
Honestly, as much as i like Shump, Faried and Miller for him is a steal imo...Plus Miller is a real starting PG which we don't have now, as the 3 we have are sporadic....btw, how old is Miller, like 38