Kurt Thomas

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
I may have said stuff about Kurt but I must take it back, I said he dissapears during games at times, but now I relize hes always rebounding if not scoring. The offense is just a plus. He has been golden for us, I take it all back! KURT THOMAS! He shouldn't be traded!

DownUnderKnick3

Benchwarmer
It would be stupid to trade Kurt Thomas espicially for a swingman. He is by far our best defender and when him and Marbury get the pick and roll working it's almost unstopable when perfected. He's very underrated and under appriciated and this season he seems to be getting the acknowledgement he deserves.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
aftter what he did to garnet even I (the one who has been pushing for a trade to get sweetney more minutes) think that lets keep him for a while

Attachments

• ewing_streak.jpg
    ewing_streak.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 27

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
a lagit trade for him is someone young 7" or a superstar (no more guards, Knicks are always overloaded with guards, with the exception of the injuries)

6thman

Benchwarmer
I guess you have all read about the Wally/Kurt trade!
Do you think it would be a nice idea?

I don't think this trade would make us better!!
But if we can send Tim and Kurt to Minny for Wally and Griffin, I say let's do it!!

Wally Szczerbiack: 14,90 points; 4,5 rebounds; 20,7 assist; 50FG%
Eddie Griffin: 10 points; 6,10 rebounds only 21 minutes per game

The lineup would look like this:
Marbury/Moochie
Houston/Crawford
Szczerbiak/Ariza
Sweetney//Williams
Mohammed/Griffin

We'd just have to get a decent forward who can score

NYKnicks15

Starter
Sometimes I think Isiah is a God and knows everything about the art of trading and putting together a really good team then there is somedays like today I feel the total opposite. Kurt for Wally?

Kurt is 6'9 235 PF who is averaging 11.3 ppg and like 10.1 rpg and your forgetting the most important part, HE IS A GREAT DEFENDER! Which we lack. Everyone saw how he stopped KG from anything huge.

Wally is 6'7 244 SF who is averaging 15.6 ppg and a little over 3.5 rpg and once again Isiah is missing the most important part, HE IS ANOTHER SWINGMAS! Which we have tons of.

Bottom line is Kurt is taller (HEIGHT which we lack), he grabs more boards (RPG which we lack), plus hes cheaper, hes a hardworker, and Wally would just be another 4 year contract that we are stuck with to later realize we made a BIG mistake.

POINT being keep Kurt Thomas! Screw WallyWorld!

Trin_Starr

Starter
If Isiah needs a SF so bad that he needs to get Wally, well then he would be much better off getting Artest.
I know Ron has his problems, but the advantages definitely outweigh the issues!
First the knicks need DEFENSE -
He's was defensive player of the year last season
Second - He averages 6rebs, 3asts, 2stls and 1blk a game
Third - He averages 25pts a game!
Fourth - He's from NY & playing at home infront of family and friends might calm him down.

Do you remember what the fans were saying when they brought over spree! - but look how he was able to channel his aggression for the good of the game. The same can be done for Artest.

TT is garbage. Wally is nicer but Ron Artest, none of them can even touch his game!
The only thing is if Bird will ever do a trade with Isiah!!!

dacash

Benchwarmer
agreed kurt is having one hell of a nice season,coming into his own as a player.but i say if we can trade him,only thing ids im not looking at minnasota. im looking at new orleans. they have a disgrunteled player in jim jackson and a nice all star centre in jamal maglorie. if we could gewt rid of say the thomases(kurt and tim) throw in a moochie norris and get back those two players and possibly move nazr to pf we might be nice.
marbury pg
crawford sg
jim jackson sf
nazr mohammod pf
jamal maglorie c
of da bench houston azria sweetney jyd .
i think thats a nice 9 man rotation

NYKnicks15

Starter
Good idea, I kinda agree with "da cash". The Thomas' for Jackson and Magloire...

JAMAAL MAGLOIRE- We need bigs and that was the only exception for trading Kurt (in my book) was a big that can play (and hes pretty young!). He scores and is a good defender and great in the post. I dont know how good Mohammed would do as a PF but a good set of bigs in the PF position and C wouldnt be too bad, we have enough shooters to take care of the rest.

JIM JACKSON- Hes a good defender (which we need) and a good scorer which we like. BUT hes in hi what 11th/12th year in the league, so we get older. And hes 6'6 so we get smaller. BUT we do have Ariza to back him up.

There are a few problems though

$$$$- Kurt makes almost 6 million a year, Tim makes almost 14 million a year...thats 20 million and Im not to sure what Magloire makes but I know Jackson only makes like around 3 million a year so Jamaal needs to make around 15-17 million to make this trade work I believe.

HORNETS- I dont know what kind of future the hornets want but Im sure they are trying to establish a decent young team of the future (seeing the trade of, Wesley and Armstrong). Getting rid of Magloire would kind of upset that along with the addition of Kurt who is gettin older, so Im not sure if it works out for both teams exactly...

NEW ORLEANS HORNETS (Which could be in KC by the time im done with this lol)
C- PJ Brown/Chris Anderson
PF- Kurt Thomas/Lee Nailon/Matt Freije/Corsley Edwards/David West
SF- Tim Thomas/George Lynch/Rodney Rogers/Jamal Mashburn
SG- JR Smith/Bostjjan Nachbar
PG- Baron Davis/Dan Dickau/Junior Harrington

NEW YORK KNICKS
C- Jamaal Magloire/Vin Baker/Bruno Sundov
PF- Nazr Mohammed/Mike Sweetney/Jerome Williams
SF- Jim Jackson/Trevor Ariza/Anfernee Hardaway
SG- Jamal Crawford/Allan Houston
PG- Stephon Marbury/Moochie Norris/Jamison Brewer

AHHHHH hell with it, New Orleans mind aswell do it cause they need all the change/help/just remodeling they can get right now. plus it majorly benefits the KNICKS. GO KNICKS!!!

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
Dont be stupid trading Kurt Thomas wont solve anything, Tim Thomas is a problem, I am partial to getting Jalen Rose for him, but the problem now is just Crawford is out and Houston cant take this major minutes......

NYKnicks15

Starter
Im not being stupid, its just we are losing! and bad! We have barely any low post presence. Nazr and Kurt arent big enough to get it done. The only trade ill accept like I said before is for someone younger and bigger than Kurt that could bring us that low post presence we need....I like Kurt alot but if it means trading him along with Tim then so be it. :?

alphadog

Rookie
I'm telling you guys and you can book it...

TT and Penny are going nowhere until the summer. Their value is in there expiring contracts. Artest isa a great thought but to say we have to hold on to KT is absurd.....get what you can while his value is high. He is not a young guy and we are not winning anything this year. J Jackson? Are you serious? Why do you think he is with his, like, 10th team? He is a problem. No thanks. Magloire would be a keeper. IT plans on making a big spash this summer for a real star using expiring contracts for a disgruntled star with a long contract who would have to be traded for ridulous expiring contracts....just like we have. Maybe the 'Wolves will fall apart even more. No sense in keeping Garnett if you can't win with him. Spree is old..as is Cassel. If they have no cap room, they are screwed and may have to move him to rebuild.

NYKnicks15

Starter
And you said it another post man, that TIM JUST SUCKS. Itd be nice to get rid of Tim for someone better but what is the odds of doing that with just Tim as the bait????? Not until next year is that possible AT ALL. Jalen Rose? Yea that would be VERY nice BUT the raptors wouldnt accept a trade with Penny and Tim for Vince Carter (and that would of saved them the money theyd like for the offseason and the bait to dangle with) AND what makes anyone think theyll accept a trade with TIM THOMAS for JALEN ROSE one for one? I wish but its not logical.

NYKnicks15

Starter
This is in regards to alphas post there....the only reason I said Jim Jackson was so we could pull off the trade....would you rather have Tim Thomas an inconsistent 12 million dollar problem or Jim Jackson a consistent 6 million dollar problem? It was just an option plus wed get magloire. and I totally agree trade em while his values high, but thats what we are trying to think of for who and please PLEASE dont say WallyWorld....

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
And you said it another post man, that TIM JUST SUCKS. Itd be nice to get rid of Tim for someone better but what is the odds of doing that with just Tim as the bait????? Not until next year is that possible AT ALL. Jalen Rose? Yea that would be VERY nice BUT the raptors wouldnt accept a trade with Penny and Tim for Vince Carter (and that would of saved them the money theyd like for the offseason and the bait to dangle with) AND what makes anyone think theyll accept a trade with TIM THOMAS for JALEN ROSE one for one? I wish but its not logical.

It is logically b/c Toronto wants Rose out and we want Tim out, simple as that, also it is stupid to trade Kurt unless you get a post prescence.....

NYKnicks15

Starter
Never said to include Kurt in a Jalen Rose trade and im saying that even if they want Jalen Rose out SO BAD maybe they are smart enough to relalize they will win more games with him then Tim Thomas. So for them it's not all around logical.

I say if you want the Jalen Rose trade to go through and so do they....why not Tim and Kurt Thomas....FOR Jalen Rose and Donyell Marshall???

KNICKS
C Nazr Mohammed
PF Donyell Marshall
SF Jalen Rose
SG Jamal Crawford
PG Stephon Marbury

RAPTORS
C Chris Bosh
PF Kurt Thomas
SF Tim Thomas
SG Morris Peterson
PG Rafer Alston

Works for both they want to get rid of Rose, we want to get rid of Tim, Marshalls name has been heard in some rumors, and FOR SOME REASON Kurts has been too (maybe not a favorite of Isiahs) Once again Im saying I like Kurt! But for some reason Isiah wants to trade him. This trade would benefit us and the other team. I like it and its the best option ive heard SO FAR compared to Wallyworld...opinion?