I've had enough of Raymond Felton

Kiyaman

Legend
A Star was born in New York, and became a worldwide Star in just a few weeks .. "LinSanity" .. then we signed Raymond Felton to force Lin into negotiation with the Houston Rockets, who had to make up an illegal 2nd offer to get Lin to sign. WHY? all fingers point to Melo.
We gave Portland's worse-misery Mr. Felton, twice what his market value was worth to make it look good as a starter (there were no starter PG in the FA market other than Nash/Kidd/Harden in 2012 offseason).

Hypothetically speaking .. lets just say in June 2012. Melo told interim-Woodson & interim-Grunwald "I want Lin back next season for reasons of Lin, Tyson, and Novak are able to control a game for the win when both Star players are not on the court.".
What do u think wouldve happen on July 1st 2012?
Owner James Dolan wouldve personally made up 3 contracts without a problem for Glen, Woody, and Wall Street hotty LinSanity.
The LinSanity era insured Woodson & Grunwald a new contract .. with Melo approval

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Am i the only one that would rather have Nate Robinson as our point guard?
Nate is so underrated. D'Antoni and the media didn't/doesn't know crap about him. Why the hell didn't the Knicks organization offer him a contract, ESPECIALLY after his last Playoff run and being a former Knick.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
I have not been here in a while, but when i saw this thread i agree entirely..... RAYMOND FELTON IS GARBAGE...not even the good kind of garbage that the people on Park Ave throw away i'm talking about that ghetto cheap garbage.

I have been saying this all last season with his turnstyle defense, the only reason he did not look that bad last year was b/c Chandler covered for him on his multiple mistakes.

This guy DOES NOT GET OVER SCREENS!!!!.. He clings himself to the roll man and lets a big do his job...or pushes up on the opposing PG that they instantly blow pass him because he does not have the foot speed to keep up. He makes you long for the time he will eventually get benched for Priggy,at least priggy passes the ball and actually runs an offense, as well has give the opposing PG full court pressure , giving said team less time to get into their offense..the OPPOSITE of what ray does

"I'm hurt so let me chuck more shots..CLANK"

"the only play i know is give it to melo on the right elbow...dosen't matter if he is triple teamed"

"andrea I know your wide open but i don't have great vison so let me just chuck this shot up and you can clean up my bricks"
-Raymond Felton logic

This is what happens when you give up on young improving talent (lin) for less than discounted garbage (Felton)

there is a reason Denver benched him in favor of Ty Lawson and Portland actually benched him and started J. Crawford at the point...

lmao ghetto cheap garbage

beno > felton

Paul1355

All Star
I agree. felton is not a starting PG. He is the worst defending PG of all the starting PG's in the NBA. Our team is now suffering from lack of ball movement which is the point guards job. He is not scoring as much as he should and is not as aggressive and doesnt move the ball up the court anymore like a speedy PG. We need to trade him and Shump for a starting PG

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Felton sucks.

I said he sucked when they signed him and let Jeremy Lin walk.

His numbers were inflated during his first year in NY when he had a crazy three-point shooting streak and Prime shape Amar'e to pass the ball to.

Felton does not pass well. He does not shoot well. He does not defend well.

So what exactly does he do well? He's a career backup PG and we all know it.

This team had a good player in Jeremy Lin and they let him walk. Instead of offering him a half-decent contract, they told him to find a contract and they'd match the offer, then Lin called them on their bluff and got his money, then Dolan, the idiot who had no problem giving 36 million dollars to Jerome James who literally has contributed as much to the Knicks as I have, decided to get cheap and go for Raymond Felton who is simply terrible at everything.

He's crappier at defense than Lin is (the video shows Lin pizowning Felton on the P&R), he's worse at shooting, he's worse at long-range shooting, he's worse at scoring, and he has a terrible work ethic. The Nuggets never played him, he sucked ass during his time with the Blazers, and we decided that signing him would be the way to victory?

If you don't have a good PG then you at least need someone who can control the offense. Melo cannot run an offense, Felton cannot run an offense...Lin COULD run an offense, but hell, that ship has sailed.

How the hell did this team win 50+ games last year anyway?