When I Said Pelicans Have Better Talent

Broadway

All Star
I MEANT IT....

Looks like I'm gonna have to add the Sacramento Kings and Orlando Magic to this list and it's growing....

Feel free to add any unassuming team you think has better talent than us. We just might be the worst team in the NBA.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Our "talent" has basically just passed the prime of their careers. JR Smith, Felton are lesser degrees because they were never great, C level players always.

Amare and Martin, former all stars...Martin still has his defense and intangibles...just no health. Amare has nothing.

skisloper

Starter
our "talent" has basically just passed the prime of their careers. Jr smith, felton are lesser degrees because they were never great, c level players always.

Amare and martin, former all stars...martin still has his defense and intangibles...just no health. Amare has nothing.

denver is loving our first round pick

clumsy

Rotation player
Without Tyson Chandler we aren't a playoff team. I was optimistic with the Bargiani trade that Melo would have a legit secondary scorer, but after seeing his truly awful defensive instincts, especially in help d situations, his negatives vastly outweigh his positives.

The only players worth anything are Melo, Shump, Prigioni and Chandler. The funny thing is people were complaining about the Jeremy Lin contract when we gave JR Smith one of the worst contracts of all time.. There are a million gunners in this league and it isn't hard to find 1 dimensional high volume scoring guards.. Both Crawfords, Nick Young, Lou Williams, Nate,

metrocard

Legend
Without Tyson Chandler we aren't a playoff team. I was optimistic with the Bargiani trade that Melo would have a legit secondary scorer, but after seeing his truly awful defensive instincts, especially in help d situations, his negatives vastly outweigh his positives.

The only players worth anything are Melo, Shump, Prigioni and Chandler. The funny thing is people were complaining about the Jeremy Lin contract when we gave JR Smith one of the worst contracts of all time.. There are a million gunners in this league and it isn't hard to find 1 dimensional high volume scoring guards.. Both Crawfords, Nick Young, Lou Williams, Nate,

That JR Smith contract was 100% hype. Him hitting game winners in the 12-13 season and scoring 18 ppg off the bench solidified his gimmicky style to a big pay day, especially since it's the Knicks. Spurs would of never had resigned JR Smith and have him easily replaced.

That's what our roster has become.

A bunch of replaceable guys to the lowest tier level you can imagine. Everyone except Melo, Prigs, Shumpert.

clumsy

Rotation player
To the OP. I agree the Pelicans are better, if Davis isn't prone the rest of his career it looks like he's gonna be a beast. Someone that can potentially get 30-15-3 on a good night. and 20-10 on a bad one. I would rather build around him than Carmelo.

Melo to me is the #2 best player on a championship team.