I believe we (the Fans) are the biggest problem...

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Please go with me with this and tell me if i am wrong, I believe the chemistry is the biggest issue in our team, and that is because we keep changing players day in and day out. most of the successful teams have a stable roaster where the players learn each others and feel like a TEAM, but for us, anytime we lose a game or two (or a little more this time) we are restless and we start the: Fire the coach, we need to trade this player, that player is fraud.......
i don't think there is any other NBA team which hear boos on their homecourt or any player who get booed by his own fans.

why don't we wait for a year, two or three, any amount of time that can allow us to train our own players, like shump and maybe Hardaway, instead we keep searching for trades that will allow us to win instantly. and that is not happening because this way we are not building a team, we are just building a show team like the nets. Look for all the successful franchises, they have their stable teams (with minor changes) for years, Old Knicks, Old Bulls, Lakers, .......

it is sad now on top of our chemistry problems, a trade rumors started around Shump and Felton, now if I am Shump, why will i give my all for the Knicks when they don't care about me and will trade me in a second?

Number3

Benchwarmer
knicks fans r so damn impatient.. if we would have patience and rebuilded years ago.. we would have a good consistent team with chemistry today!

pat

Starter
why don't we wait for a year, two or three, any amount of time that can allow us to train our own players, like shump and maybe Hardaway, instead we keep searching for trades that will allow us to win instantly.

The points you are making are valid, but as far as I can see they have got nothing to do with the fans. I said it before and I'll say it again: It's all up to Dolan. All he has to do is refrain from trying to be an hands-on owner, get some people who are interested in a long-term strategy and rebuild around a few young players and do the rest via the draft. Any smart owner knows that giving in to fans' short-sighted demands is a certified recipe for doom, so essentially it is not up to us (the fans).

tiger0330

Legend
The points you are making are valid, but as far as I can see they have got nothing to do with the fans. I said it before and I'll say it again: It's all up too Dolan. All he has to do is refrain from trying to be an hands-on owner, get some people who are interested in a long-term strategy and rebuild around a few young players and do the rest via the draft. Any smart owner knows that giving in to fans' short-sighted demands is a certified recipe for doom, so essentially it is not up to us (the fans).
Dolan bingo

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Please go with me with this and tell me if i am wrong, I believe the chemistry is the biggest issue in our team, and that is because we keep changing players day in and day out. most of the successful teams have a stable roaster where the players learn each others and feel like a TEAM, but for us, anytime we lose a game or two (or a little more this time) we are restless and we start the: Fire the coach, we need to trade this player, that player is fraud.......
i don't think there is any other NBA team which hear boos on their homecourt or any player who get booed by his own fans.

why don't we wait for a year, two or three, any amount of time that can allow us to train our own players, like shump and maybe Hardaway, instead we keep searching for trades that will allow us to win instantly. and that is not happening because this way we are not building a team, we are just building a show team like the nets. Look for all the successful franchises, they have their stable teams (with minor changes) for years, Old Knicks, Old Bulls, Lakers, .......

it is sad now on top of our chemistry problems, a trade rumors started around Shump and Felton, now if I am Shump, why will i give my all for the Knicks when they don't care about me and will trade me in a second?

NY is not a patient place. Every fan on the street thinks they know more than everyone in the organization. Oddly to some extent they may be right. I've got no confidence in Mills as GM. Alan Houston isn't ready to take over just yet. All of this talk of trades with Boston just proves my point. We already mortgaged our future for a star and that just doesn't work.

To your point, fans once wanted to trade Ewing so your point has some merit. But the fans aren't the problem. They didn't construct a weak roster.

I honestly think we should really consider blowing the whole thing up. Once Chandler gets back and plays a few games his value will be up, he's 31 years old and his window is closing. Now would be a great time to trade him for expiring contracts and draft picks. I'd do the same with JR and cut his brother. Just grind it out the rest of the season. I'd also seriously consider trading Melo for expiring contracts and draft picks.

clumsy

Rotation player
Knicks fans hate superstars for some reason. I don't get why people love John Starks, but hated Patrick Ewing. Starks stats were garbage for a number 2 option and for a guard in general during that era of basketball. He was a great defender but he was more suited for a #3 option.

clumsy

Rotation player
It's honestly happening again right now with Iman Shumpert. People are acting like this kid is a future all star!! He's a great role player, but he's a roleplayer at best and too be honest he's replaceable to me. Shane Battier and Matt Barnes, while they lack his athleticism do similar things on the court. They can both play good D and hit 3's.

Ultimately until they get Melo a number 2 that fits his game and covers his defensive flaws we won't go deep into the playoffs.

Kiyaman

Legend

Your thread shouldve ended at that point.

When mentioning the Knicks always remember they are a BIG-Market organization.
Owner James Dolan's decade of a $100M salary cap per season prove that to be a FACT.
Having Dolan's big $$$ purse we are suppose to have 2 chemistry unit lineups on our roster each season.
We are not suppose to waste 5 years searching for a lineup for Marbury, or 3 years searching for a lineup for ISO-Melo.
How many players does HC Woodson have on this roster from lastseason roster? Eight Players.
Should 5 of lastseason players have chemistry with each other this season on at least one side of the court?
Hell Yeah! do they? Hell No!
Whats the problem???

Who was the super-star player on the Knicks 2 championship teams?
1) Monroe
2) Frazier
3) Debush
4) Bradley
5) Reed
6) Jax
7) Meminger
8) Barnett
9) Lucas

If your answer are none of the above .. ur right .. HC Red Holzman was the Super-Star!

bigapple

Starter
how many coaches had this team in last 15 years

since Dolan took this team Knicks r mess

Isiah was simply the worst

what players do we had

Howard Eisley? Q Woods? Trybanski ? Longley ? Duhon? Francis after his prime Penny after his prim Marbury Pringles didnt like him

when we had good player Nate Robinson Pringles also hated him mainly due his ****ty system so he decided for worthless
Duhon

David Lee is current MELO also had no one to play with
Curry
Z-Bo

now look @ Heat what they done since 2006
look @ OKC after their draft
Bulls

all that teams had less than 2-3 coaches in last 10 years.

I think we need to look at this realistically. the NBA got better this year. the Knicks.

got worse.

now I believe well finish above 500. however I truly feel like we are well beneath the medium range of talent level in the NBA. the league is good now. every squad has a baller on it that we can't guard.or stop. and every coach is smart these days. they know melo is out only hope. has nada to do w fandom. we lost out on lebron. didn't draft garnett. didn't draft d rose or a Timmy Duncan. we got melo. but lost on our chandler and amare signings. 2015 is the year we have a chance to do it again thanks to Walsh. might as well stop complaining and sit back and ride out the next year and a half.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
I am just saying we (fans) are impatient. ... maybe the chants will not affect dolan directly but it reflects thementality of the oorganisation, win now or we will sell everybody to get a superstar. Building your home brewed team is not an option.

Maybe you are right Kiya that we have 5 from last season but you are not playing them together, we constantly keep inserting people in the starting line up.

And Metro you are right, shump and tim are not future stars, but I am using them as an example of people you train and you keep cor years.... basically building a team not buying one.
If keep most of your players and sign a superstar then you can build a team but keep renting people??!! Can anybody tell me who is the franchise player? No one!! Simply cause it's not amare right now, and melo is always in the FA talks....
Anybody heard over the years anything about Koby as a FA??