New York Knicks vs Indiana Pacers 11/20/2013 7:00PM

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Melo needs to get out of here and stop wasting his prime years with these bums.
It's funny how players like LeBron can basically take their teams to the conference finals absolutely on their own and Melo needs 4 borderline star players around him to get out of the first round. I'd rather say we don't waste our time with this bum and trade him for some picks.

metrocard

Legend
I feel so bad for Melo. He is getting beat up. Refs hate him now. Everytime he passes it his teamates miss. And we are losing close games due to stupid decisions and bad lucked. WHY NOT FOUL DAVID WEST!!!!!. I swear this team is cursed.

This was the game that could have turned our season around, but instead it's another shovel-full of dirt in favor of the critics wanting to bury us. Not going to lie, it's a long season and there's plenty of time to turn things around, but we have to face facts that this team is going to struggle to be a playoff team this year.

petescud

Starter
Gave the effort can't say they didn't....they clearly just have more weapons...refs stunk up the joint too...Melo was like a hero who got robbed by the refs

Kiyaman

Legend
I will admit this was a good game .. we lost it in OT (and to the Reffs) .. GO Knicks

We never force the Pacers to run back on defense, resulted in all the Pacers 5-starters playing 40 minutes
We had so many easy chances to score on transition baskets .. WE NEED TO PRACTICE

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Stupid mistake by Shump. cost us this game. We should have won it.
We did play hard tonight, but the question is, will they play with this kind of effort every night or only when the game is on national tv?

Broadway

All Star
Refs were suspect tonight really on both sides but we had a chance to win it in regulation.

That's why I always say...."Having That Got To Guy" is so overrated. You don't want to play games where it comes down to final possessions far too often a player will fail more than he succeeds.

This game was not lost because of Melo by any means although I thought he forced a little too much at times but his overall effort was there. He went to the line and got some respect from the refs but his overall BULLYBALL play doesn't get him where he'd like with the refs. He makes it harder for them to make calls for him not to mention he uses his off-hand too much to fend off defender.

Neverthless the 3rd best and possibly now 2nd best snall forward in the NBA and a player who's in my Top 5 right now...Paul George won the game with his ALL-AROUND 2-WAY play. He's so good and so smooth. Helluva pick by Bird.

We're just not a good basketball team...period....

These two pics summarize our our team and season thus far....

BZe3crJCMAEydTk.jpg

and

AMARE-LOL.gif

Broadway

All Star
I dont think Melo is a clutch playeer at all

From 2006-2009 he was a near money player amongst the best....after that his CLUTCH GENE died. Being clutch or having that go-to-scorer is very much overrated though. How about a team who doesn't play so many with the game in balance late.

mafra

Legend
Not Shump's fault. You have to foul when you have 3 point lead and under ten seconds to go. You cannot lose if the other team shoots two free throws and you have a 3 point lead. Recall what HOU did. Woodson went to college, he should understand simple math. Once again, tonight is proof we play 82 road games. We get no home calls for our star. 50/50 calls should always go in your star's favor at home. How is it Melo gets two quick off fouls but Hibbert runs over Bargs and it is a blocking foul?

Knicks lost again for same old reasons... Coaching and guards are sub-par. Just not good enough. For the life of me, when JR is rated as one of the worst shooters in the NBA this season... Why he's spotting up for a three late when Melo dished out on one of our few fast breaks? And JR has gall to bicker with Prigs for a bad pass, when this druggy-dufus commits the worst sin a passer can do in hoops: try to save ball by throwing it to middle of floor.

We lost bc we failed to build a 40-18 lead early. Indy was flat and we failed to take advantage.... And, of course, once again Carmelo chokes and misses a shot that can win it. I cant recall an instance he's actually hit a buzzer beater for us? We didn't lose bc of Anthony, but the usual stuff: highly inefficient and failed to make shots and score in the fourth. One made basket in the second half!

Then Woody won't foul, or play Hardaway. And this iso offense is on the verge of unwatchable.

Bad coaching, poor guard play, Melo shooting 8-26 or something again... Refs give Indy twice as many Free Throws. Another loss.

At this point, if our draft puck is lottery protected.... Tank the season and get Wiggins or Parker.

mafra

Legend
Well, at least we're probably going to have a really awesome final shot here in these last 5 seconds. Bicycle kick from 29 feet anyone?

Now that's funny. But, as we saw, Carmelo is a PF who only knows to bully drive, and he'll rarely get the call. Sure, tap George on elbow with one finger and refs let him shoot three. Who've chest, chin and anything else into Carmelo's elbow.... Play on.

i was expecting a three from up top tho. But we have nobody who can penetrate and create or anyone who can spot up shoot.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Hey Mafra, you are a great poster and i respect your opinion, but how was it not Shumperts fault?
Everybody knows that you can not faul a 3 point shooter. Shump touched his elbow and it was a clear faul. Now if he made that shot it would have been 4 point play and it wouldnt even go into OT.
Woodson made a mistake by not fauling before the shot was taken, and if they made 2 free throws we were 3 points ahead and still would have been 1 point ahead with only 2 or 3 sec. left.
Woodsons decision not to foul cost us this game, but Shump made a stupid mistake by fouling 3 point shooter and thats the end of the story.