Woodson's Accountability

xk3smith

Benchwarmer
I can't believe I'm finally saying it, but after last night's game Woodson needs to go. Shumpert gets into a verbal confrontation with Melo and never sees the court again??? JR Smith hits just about one three the whole fourth quarter....... Something has to change. NOW!!!!

skisloper

Starter
I can't believe I'm finally saying it, but after last night's game Woodson needs to go. Shumpert gets into a verbal confrontation with Melo and never sees the court again??? JR Smith hits just about one three the whole fourth quarter....... Something has to change. NOW!!!!

Better yet JR Smith is quoted in the NY Post " Pelicans were scoring at will especially my man. I dont know what I was doing defensively in the 4th quarter "....At least he is honest BUT this is who Woodson played the entire 4th quarter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Shump opened his mouth about a defensive assignment that Melo missed so yes Woody benches him the entire 4th quarter,,,,,,,,,,,
Felton was hobbling but Woody could not put Prigs in ?

this is such a joke and the worst part is the fans have to sit by..........

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Please identify the team concept for me. The Knicks have been playing like a team with no identity all season.

They're playing for a head coach who turned Joe Johnson from Phoenix, into ISO-Joe in Atlanta. I've watched Woodson's offensive "scheme" be "give the ball to the best, highest paid player, when he wants it, and play off of him."

No one really has a role when the ball crosses half court, that's why we ROUTINELY see the PG dribble the clock down to like 11 secs, then one pass and a shot attempt. Our PnRs go no where, our PG rarely ever makes the "hockey assist" where he's orchestrating the offense and is seeing a play developing.

JR is playing like trash lately, but instead of his minutes getting cut back just a tad, to try to get more production elsewhere -- while still giving JR enough of a chance to play his way out of it... what do we see? JR gets a plethora of minutes that he doesn't need or utilize. That's Melo's fault? If you say so.

Melo's faults this year are his brain-farts on defense, and his poor 3-PT %. Other than that, he is the team's concept. Especially with this coach.

If you see something different can you please enlighten us all as to what is is.

Do so without bringing up asinine points like "STAT voiced his opinion." I couldn't give less of a **** what the opinion is of some dude who's being paid over $20M dollars to go out there and play well once out of every 5 or 6 games, turn the ball over like it's a part of his job description, and then whine about the ball not moving when he gets it on the lower wing and his options seem to be: turnover, or shot attempt.

I want Melo to stay and org. build something around him. But to be honest, if I were him, I'd be outta here. The owner is stupid, the front office is full of idiots and yes-men, and the fans.... lol.

Here we go. This is straight from Business Dictionary.com

Team Concept- A group of ppl with a full set of complementary skills required to complete a task, job, or project
Team members:
1) operate with a high degree of interdependence
2) share authority and responsibility for self-management
3) are accountable for the collective performance
4) work toward a common goal and shared rewards

A team becomes more than just a collection of ppl when a strong sense of mutual commitment creates synergy, thus generating performance greater than the sum of the performance of its individual members.

Now, i understand we both agree that Woodson is not the one to understand this and has to go asap.
Do you honestly beleive that Melo understands it or if he does, is willing to do things necessury for his team to be succesfull?
And dont just dismiss Amares statement, because he is not the player he once was.
If you read my post carefully, you will notice that i said that Stat is irrelevant now, but he is right about the lack of ball movement. I beleive he reflects the mood and frustration of the whole team.

bigapple

Starter
can u all please stop comapring Lebron to MELO Lebron just passing 60% of scoring his game for himself is so easy
driving dunking no ISO jumpers and 3s

while MELO is playing like his feet r 1cm is under glass and his scorng is 20% worse than LEbron and it tells all.

metrocard

Legend
Please identify the team concept for me. The Knicks have been playing like a team with no identity all season.

They're playing for a head coach who turned Joe Johnson from Phoenix, into ISO-Joe in Atlanta. I've watched Woodson's offensive "scheme" be "give the ball to the best, highest paid player, when he wants it, and play off of him."

No one really has a role when the ball crosses half court, that's why we ROUTINELY see the PG dribble the clock down to like 11 secs, then one pass and a shot attempt. Our PnRs go no where, our PG rarely ever makes the "hockey assist" where he's orchestrating the offense and is seeing a play developing.

JR is playing like trash lately, but instead of his minutes getting cut back just a tad, to try to get more production elsewhere -- while still giving JR enough of a chance to play his way out of it... what do we see? JR gets a plethora of minutes that he doesn't need or utilize. That's Melo's fault? If you say so.

Melo's faults this year are his brain-farts on defense, and his poor 3-PT %. Other than that, he is the team's concept. Especially with this coach.

If you see something different can you please enlighten us all as to what is is.

Do so without bringing up asinine points like "STAT voiced his opinion." I couldn't give less of a **** what the opinion is of some dude who's being paid over $20M dollars to go out there and play well once out of every 5 or 6 games, turn the ball over like it's a part of his job description, and then whine about the ball not moving when he gets it on the lower wing and his options seem to be: turnover, or shot attempt.

I want Melo to stay and org. build something around him. But to be honest, if I were him, I'd be outta here. The owner is stupid, the front office is full of idiots and yes-men, and the fans.... lol.

that's everything you need to know.
Anything beyond that is pointless.

Knicks won't build a good team around Melo so the best option is to trade him for value.
I wish Melo can stay, but it's not good for him or the Knicks.

What a disaster.

The first superstar Knicks had since Ewing is now on his way out thanks to Dolan, Mills, Walsh, Woodson and every fat punk that wears a suit and represents the Knicks organization.

skisloper

Starter
that's everything you need to know.
Anything beyond that is pointless.

Knicks won't build a good team around Melo so the best option is to trade him for value.
I wish Melo can stay, but it's not good for him or the Knicks.

What a disaster.

The first superstar Knicks had since Ewing is now on his way out thanks to Dolan, Mills, Walsh, Woodson and every fat punk that wears a suit and represents the Knicks organization.

Melo was not able to do it Denver either.

KBlack25

Starter
Still confused how Woodson can ever claim he's committed to defense while he has JR and Bargs out there down the stretch and Shump rides the pine.

skisloper

Starter
This isn't a sentence.

it was almost a sentence.........Kind of like Melo on defense.....

Metro do u really think there is a team out there that will offer Melo close to 30 million a year.

I think the NBA is changing and a max deal needs to be worth it for every year of that players contract....

Melo will be 35 earning 30 million ..does that not sound silly to you.......

Melo is not a team leader and has never been one.....when you have JR saying he wants to be the voice in the locker room one has to wonder where is Melo.....

I do not blame Melo for that because he is who he is and I am sure gives his best............

I think you look at Melo and just disregard his flawed defense...........I mean why is that ok ?

metrocard

Legend
it was almost a sentence.........Kind of like Melo on defense.....

Metro do u really think there is a team out there that will offer Melo close to 30 million a year.

I think the NBA is changing and a max deal needs to be worth it for every year of that players contract....

Melo will be 35 earning 30 million ..does that not sound silly to you.......

Melo is not a team leader and has never been one.....when you have JR saying he wants to be the voice in the locker room one has to wonder where is Melo.....

I do not blame Melo for that because he is who he is and I am sure gives his best............

I think you look at Melo and just disregard his flawed defense...........I mean why is that ok ?

Melo is 29. He'll be 35 in 2019.

Who's going to give Melo a contract that last until 2019?
I hope you can answer that one.

Your opinion on Melo seems more personal than factual, not sure if I can take it seriously.

Melo's defense isn't bad or good. He's in the same boat as Kevin Durant and Blake Griffin. Guys more focused into offense won't be dominant on the defensive end, ever. Very few exist like Paul George and LeBron. We don't have those guys, so get over it.

if you think Melo's defense is horrible, then how do you feel about Felton and Amare?

People need to stop posting like Melo teabagged the girl they want but can't get and start understanding that Knicks need two of the following.

Melo traded for value (draft picks, role players who can defend and shoot, cap space)

or

Good players who fit this team that can replace our holes in Felton, JR Smith, Amare Stoudemire and even Andrea Bargnani who's having a great season but he was never a good fit to begin with.

Asking Melo to be a leader of one of the weakest rosters in NBA history is a serious case of a depressed mind, the losing has affected you. It has affected me but I'm trying to be strong and seek out realistic aspects. No man can lead this team or get this team to play together and the last person to blame is Carmelo Anthony.

bigapple

Starter
Melo was not able to do it Denver either.

did u check what roster he had in Denver?

K-mart JR Camby Billups later NENE Iverson even Balkman and Anderson Lawson noone of them are regulard scorers.

and coach? Karl 8 years drop 1st round in 9 times

any question?

skisloper

Starter
lol even Big Apple is dropping knowledge on the Melo-haters.

When you are team's Star player there are expectations.........to see this team fall apart so badly is ugly.......
One has to look at the coach and of course its star player whether thats right or wrong....

I do believe Woodson who preachers defense puts his worst defenders in down the stretch.....

Maybe your right and Melo is not the leader we need on the floor preaching defense and it should be Prigs or Shump but for me I want my MAX Player to be the preacher and lead by example.

metrocard

Legend
When you are team's Star player there are expectations.........to see this team fall apart so badly is ugly.......
One has to look at the coach and of course its star player whether thats right or wrong....

I do believe Woodson who preachers defense puts his worst defenders in down the stretch.....

Maybe your right and Melo is not the leader we need on the floor preaching defense and it should be Prigs or Shump but for me I want my MAX Player to be the preacher and lead by example.

I thought it was a team game?

You talk so much about Melo, it seems like Melo is the only guy on the roster.

It's easy to put the blame on the coach or the star player, but it doesn't make it correct.

Melo is playing decent this year, it can be better.

The rest of the roster has played below expectations and the proof is in the games and in statistics.

Bargnani has played to what's expected of him...he hasn't be TERRIBLE.

But to put all this blame on one or two people is just dumb.

Firing Woodson and trading Melo won't improve this roster. This roster is already bad, without Melo this roster will struggle to score 80 points.

xk3smith

Benchwarmer
Firing Woodson and trading Melo won't improve this roster. This roster is already bad, without Melo this roster will struggle to score 80 points.

You can't be watching the games and saying this. If you don't believe poor substations or making bad decisions during a game can be the difference between a win and a loss then I don't know what to tell you. Look at the last five teams we've played. They all are playing some serious ball now. The roster isn't bad, but a good coach needs to maximize what he has. This is not the time to be stubborn and stick with players that aren't playing well or hitting shots.

skisloper

Starter
I thought it was a team game?

You talk so much about Melo, it seems like Melo is the only guy on the roster.

It's easy to put the blame on the coach or the star player, but it doesn't make it correct.

Melo is playing decent this year, it can be better.

The rest of the roster has played below expectations and the proof is in the games and in statistics.

Bargnani has played to what's expected of him...he hasn't be TERRIBLE.

But to put all this blame on one or two people is just dumb.

metro yes 100% its a team game but when you are out franchise star player expectations are greater. You put melo on a pedestal but then you blow off his short comings.................I do not think anyone is doubting that Melo is one of the top 5 scorers in the league.................Seems to be if melo put less effort on his ISO scoring and took that energy and put in on defense we might actuall have a max player thats worth it.....as for woodson u are kidding right ? JR SMITH NEED I SAY MORE. wHEN jr SAYS HE LOST HIS MAN THE ENTIRE 4TH QUARTER OF THE pELICANS GAME AND WOODY LEAVES HIM THE ENTIRE 4TH QUARTER ONE HAS TO WONDER WTF

Paul1355

All Star
If Woodson was accountable like he was as interim coach, we would never be in this situation. I don't care if Tyson doesn't play because to be honest we almost beat the Pacers in the playoffs with a non-existant Chandler. This team is so much better than how they are playing and that is on the coach. The coach should not get all the blame but he is the boss and when a corporation is not doing well it is usually because the boss is doing something wrong.

You show accountability by being a p*rick. Look at Gregg Popovich...he will bench Duncan, Parker and Ginobili for an entire half if they are playing idiotic, he doesnt care if they lose because it will prove a point and get them back to playing their game. Players go through lulls and need a kick in the anus to focus.

Shump and JR have not had any focus at all this season and their terrible play has not been repromanded and I am shocked to see that from Woodson who came in here talking like a drill seargent. Shame on him for putting on a show and then choosing favorites which every bad coach does.

He is becoming Mike Dantoni before our eyes. Stubborn in his ways, bad substitions, loyalty to the wrong players, no accountability, it is like he gave up on the team and his abilities as a coach. Get him out of here OR trade the dead weight on this team so he gets a second chance. This roster with this coach isnt working anymore.

bigapple

Starter
POPovich is benching his key trio often he dont care for loosing games but Spurs are teamwork ball movement and each player is scoring and each of them are PASSING ball so if u try to reach 20+ each game u will be benched . Knicks is opposite of that scenario.Thats why we are where we are.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
If Woodson was accountable like he was as interim coach, we would never be in this situation. I don't care if Tyson doesn't play because to be honest we almost beat the Pacers in the playoffs with a non-existant Chandler. This team is so much better than how they are playing and that is on the coach. The coach should not get all the blame but he is the boss and when a corporation is not doing well it is usually because the boss is doing something wrong.

You show accountability by being a p*rick. Look at Gregg Popovich...he will bench Duncan, Parker and Ginobili for an entire half if they are playing idiotic, he doesnt care if they lose because it will prove a point and get them back to playing their game. Players go through lulls and need a kick in the anus to focus.

Shump and JR have not had any focus at all this season and their terrible play has not been repromanded and I am shocked to see that from Woodson who came in here talking like a drill seargent. Shame on him for putting on a show and then choosing favorites which every bad coach does.

He is becoming Mike Dantoni before our eyes. Stubborn in his ways, bad substitions, loyalty to the wrong players, no accountability, it is like he gave up on the team and his abilities as a coach. Get him out of here OR trade the dead weight on this team so he gets a second chance. This roster with this coach isnt working anymore.

Great post. This coach has lost this team, mainly because he has his favorite players(JR, Felton, Melo), other players see that, which causes division between them. As a result, they dont trust each other, not on the same page, which is necessury for the team to be succsessful.
This team is much better than what we see right now and Woodson is the one to blame.
He is not the only problem. I really think that we need a real point guard not named Felton. You can see, when he plays well sometimes, we look great. Unfortunately sometimes is not enough. Just fire this coach and make one trade for a better point guard. We will make the playoffs. Its not too late.

Paul1355

All Star
Great post. This coach has lost this team, mainly because he has his favorite players(JR, Felton, Melo), other players see that, which causes division between them. As a result, they dont trust each other, not on the same page, which is necessury for the team to be succsessful.
This team is much better than what we see right now and Woodson is the one to blame.
He is not the only problem. I really think that we need a real point guard not named Felton. You can see, when he plays well sometimes, we look great. Unfortunately sometimes is not enough. Just fire this coach and make one trade for a better point guard. We will make the playoffs. Its not too late.

Yup Woodson and Felton are the x factors to this terrible season....both are just not as good as we hoped