New York Knicks vs New Orleans Pelicans 12/01/2013 7:30PM

skisloper

Starter
The first move I would make to right this ship... CUT THE LOSER. I said it this Summer, we should never have even considered bringing JR back. He's not worth it. We brought him in b/c we were going for it. He was the best option we had, so we were correct to give it a shot. We even brought him back and maximized the most you are ever going to get from JR. Still, in both cases, it was a major poop come playoffs. The loser is what a loser is...

Repeating the same thing hoping for different results is definition of insanity. And, to make it worse, we appease him and sign his brother? My Lord.

So, start the turnaround. Cut your losses. Dump JR. Not only is his play killing us, but he is stunting Shump's development and taking minutes from the rookie.

Dump Woodson. He plays jr like he is Lebron. I have never seen anything like it. Shumpert sat out the entire 4 th. jr played all but the first 4 minutes of the 2nd half. This is Woodson. No other coach in the history of the game would do that.
A disgrace

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
what dumb ass coach draws up the final play to be JR smith to take a 3...there were others who were hot

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
We lost to ****ing Pelicans without their best player. Now we lost 9 games in a row. 1-7 at home. Now we are 3-13. Is it the worst record in the NBA right now? How many more games do we have to lose to fire this coach? 10 in a row? 11? Lets see

metrocard

Legend
Worst home losing streak in franchise history. Think about that for a minute. In the history of this franchise, we have never lost this much at home.

skisloper

Starter
its to the point where i wake up and hope for a cool trade every day
Woody blamed the end on defense. Good thing he had Felton instead of prig and smith instead of stumpert.
I mean is woody that dumb. U want stops go with the better defenders with fresh legs.

metrocard

Legend
2nd worst record in the NBA.
Zero Cap Flexibility
No Draft Picks

This is already the worst Knicks season of all time if you look at those elements.
How we play
How much cap flexibility we have
How many draft picks we own

Worst season in the history of the Knicks and probably in NBA history.
Can we just forfeit the season? Rather not see us play games, even if we come close...this team doesn't understand winning basketball it never will. This isn't a winning culture.

From James Dolan all the way to the Knicks cheerleader and to even that annoying ugly asian kid with glasses who does special interviews on MSG...this franchise full of a losers.

We're losers too for being loyal fans.

mafra

Legend
Worst home losing streak in franchise history. Think about that for a minute. In the history of this franchise, we have never lost this much at home.

And I've sat through some miserable times... Early 80s, the last decade... And it takes this collective bunch to set that record?

Seriously, with all our woes... Any surprise we end up a lottery team, watch the #1 pick go to ORL, and that player will be the next MJ or LJ.

Fire Woody, cut JR... hope to salvage something before it's too late.

Broadway

All Star
And I've sat through some miserable times... Early 80s, the last decade... And it takes this collective bunch to set that record?

Seriously, with all our woes... Any surprise we end up a lottery team, watch the #1 pick go to ORL, and that player will be the next MJ or LJ.

Fire Woody, cut JR... hope to salvage something before it's too late.

Listen when is it going to sink in…?

That pick is controlled by Denver's preference. They don't do trades like we do, they make sure they have preference and/or protection. WE DON'T!!!!!

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Not only did Woodson play Felton and J.R. instead of Prigioni and Shumpert, it was so long since K-Mart was in the game I forgot about him. And is Metta still recovering or is this more bull****?

erivera

Benchwarmer
Not only did Woodson play Felton and J.R. instead of Prigioni and Shumpert, it was so long since K-Mart was in the game I forgot about him. And is Metta still recovering or is this more bull****?

at one point i think he had felton, jr, melo, bargnani, and stoudemire on the court together. if you're serious about defense, there's no way those 5 should ever be on the court together.

at one point i think he had felton, jr, melo, bargnani, and stoudemire on the court together. if you're serious about defense, there's no way those 5 should ever be on the court together.

Overall, I agree that that is a terrible lineup, but I think we should start removing Bargnani from the list of our most pitiful defenders. He's no Chandler, but he is playing his guts out on the defensive end for us. 6 blocks last night for him.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah if anybody is the problem, it's not Bargs. Bargs has been a much better defender in NY than expected. I still remember a few weeks ago when he did an admirable job of guarding Dwight Howard.

Yeah Bargs' help defense isn't really like THAT amazing and we see it when every single team with a quick PG drops like 20 points on us, but that's not primarily his responsibility. That's Felton and JR's responsibility. Too bad they suck on defense worse than Bargs does

Kiyaman

Legend
Once again...it's always ALL Melos fault :teeth:

:2cents: :2cents: :2cents:
A) I dont believe we have a 3-13 record .... 3-13 are JR.smith FG% in several games as a Knicks.
B) I dont want to believe we are on a 9 game losing streak .. and a 7 game losing streak at HOME (MSG).
C) And the thought of not having a GM, when we really need a GM to pass out pink-slips, and a half a dozen trade proposals in the lockerroom. Take my word, we dont want "Mills" or "Dolan" to make a trade

Captain ISO-Melo played 44 minutes in this game .. if Meta wouldve played 44 minutes, or Kenyon Martin wouldve played 44 minutes we wouldve WON. A big difference, a teammate can trust Meta/K-Mart to YELL out a screen or pick, the little small things become a big-big difference on a team or relation with teammates.
There's an ole saying, "Who gotcha back"

Broadway

All Star
Once again...it's always ALL Melos fault :teeth:

You feeling the uncontrollable urge to play Kevin Costner to Melo's Whitney Houston is bizarre at it's kindest.

No it wasn't Melo's fault singularly but he plays for the New York Knicks, who just delivered a Yummy L(9 in a row actually), so in that sense yes it is Melo's fault along with the rest of his teammates.

One thing we all can be assured of…Melo could care less who are fan of his and who aren't. All I want is for him to not wear the uniform anymore.

Looking forward to the day fans won't feel the need to come to any 1 player's defense based on how much their heart beats still for them

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
No it wasn't Melo's fault singularly,yes it is Melo's fault along with the rest of his teammates

I have never said it wasnt partly Melos fault.

You and the rest of the lemmings who come here make threads and posts crucifying him as if he plays 1v5.

He plays with teammates who are dogsh!t, he plays for a coach that is dogsh!t, and our owner is dogsh!t.
But you're right, ALL MELOS FAULT.

LMFAO.

Broadway

All Star
I have never said it wasnt partly Melos fault.

You and the rest of the lemmings who come here make threads and posts crucifying him as if he plays 1v5.

He plays with teammates who are dogsh!t, he plays for a coach that is dogsh!t, and our owner is dogsh!t.
But you're right, ALL MELOS FAULT.

LMFAO.

No it's not ALL MELOS FAULT

He's just dog chit that shares blame with the rest of the dog chits.

What you're trying to do is separate the corn in the dog chit not realizing you're collecting feces all over your hands.

bigapple

Starter
Woody again gave proof that he is in shadow of Dantoni

it was 83-88 and what done Woodson

benching Prigns and Shump

put his leovely master of wasting dribbling and To's
and JR

and what

10 zet run by Pelicans

Felton 2 freaking dumb To's

JR streetball lost and 1+

and it was 93-88

this is coach?

skisloper

Starter
Woody again gave proof that he is in shadow of Dantoni

it was 83-88 and what done Woodson

benching Prigns and Shump

put his leovely master of wasting dribbling and To's
and JR

and what

10 zet run by Pelicans

Felton 2 freaking dumb To's

JR streetball lost and 1+

and it was 93-88

this is coach?

Woodys view is that Felton and JR just did not get it done.......so in Woodys warped mind the chances they will get it done next time have now increased.........

ABC logic says leave Shump and Prigs in for at least 5 minutes each but not Woody......He is like a little kid playing xbox that just has his guy shoots 3 pointer after 3 pointer....

A disgrace.........AND WITH DOLAN NEEDING TO THING HE HAS OUTSMARTED EVERYONE WILL SIGN MELO TO A MAX DEAL BEFORE HE OPTS OUT.....MELO WILL SIGN WITH THE KNICKS OUT OF FEAR OF FREE AGENCY.....AS GOOD AS A SCORER MELO IS NOBODY IS OFFERING A MAX DEAL....