Linsanity the Movie, the Knicks can turn it around

tiger0330

Legend
Just saw Linsanity, it came out in the summer in limited distribution and a few theatres in NYC showed it but I missed it. I saw it on Youtube but they took it down because of copyright problems but it is downloadable off the internet.

I enjoyed the movie and the movie is more about Lin devoting 2/3 of the 90 minutes of the movie to Lin's early life from childhood, HS, Harvard, going undrafted and his struggle to make it in the NBA, only 30 minutes is devoted to his time with the Knicks. Some funny moments were when he asked Landry if he could sleep on his couch and Fields telling him his couch was pretty small and Lin recounting that his legs were hanging off one end and his head off the other and worrying he wouldn't get a good nights sleep the day before his game against the Nets. Another was him telling D'Antoni that he was taking taxi's all over NY and should he bring his car to NY instead and D'Antoni telling him no it might not be worth it because you might get cut any day now.

Watching it reminds you that the Knicks went on a winning streak without Amare, Melo and fielded a team with TC, JJ, Landry, Walker, Shump and Lin and stopped a 6 game losing streak and put together a 7 game win streak. If that team could turn around the season, this team can also. Arguably a team of Melo, Bargnani, Shump, KMart and Felton is better than that team Lin had and is better than their god awful losing record. The Knicks just need a catalyst like Lin and maybe firing Woody is it.

The Linsanity stretch was a once in a lifetime experience for a sports fan. He took over the sports world from out of obscurity in an instant and it lasted for weeks. We may never see something like that again. That said, yeah, we can turn it around, or we could keep losing, both are equally likely at this point. Let's go Knicks!

tiger0330

Legend
If the Knicks keep losing and don't fire Woody maybe a backcourt of Murry, Shump and THJ while sitting JR and Felton can turn it around.

Kiyaman

Legend
A Star was born in New York .. Linsanity.

Right now here is the three backcourt tandems I would be alternating in games to see which guard-tandem Gell the best.
Felton & JR
Prigioni & Shump
Beno & THJ

bigapple

Starter
He was playing when MELO was out and rest of roster as Mike Breen says didnt believed what they just seen

that just describes everything

then next season Knicks got Kidd Wallace and Thomas

now Knicks got mr TOs Felton and MR Slump Smith n MELO is simply disgusted with all this dust.

period.

metrocard

Legend
I believe the Linsanity period was the beginning of the team actually playing team defense which lead to our win streak.

If you remember, our offense was very sloppy, high turnovers under Lin, we relied on the 3 ball and Tyson Chandler and Landry Fields lobs...predictable offense made the games close, but our defense kept us in the games and helped us win a lot.

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
As critical as I am of PGs not named Rondo or Rose, Lin definitely had defense (as much as SAS tried to say he didn't) and we all know he can create on offense. It was an incredibly fun time that gave the franchise hope, and I honestly hope he does come back here someday. That year's draft was weak and Lin definitely would've made first round draft if he wasn't racially profiled. It's sad to see even Houston not giving him the green light to do what he wants, while Wall is given the keys to his team and paid/treated like a star

It is true what they say: Your NBA career is determined from the drafts. No matter how decent you are, if you are low / undrafted, your career is never given a chance and thus you're f*cked