Would you trade Bargnani for Asik

metrocard

Legend
Bargnani's opponents shoot 42% FG against him. That's above average in the NBA amongst PF/C

Bargnani only weakness is passing, defending the pick and roll and rebounding. He'll be an all star if he worked on those things to become average at them instead of terrible.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah his help defense seems to suck pretty badly. Hopefully Woodson can help him out with that...didn't we originally bring him in as a defensive assistant?

Paul1355

All Star
that poison pill contract kills us...and I guess Asik would have to play PF so you would have great rebdounding and defense at the 4-5 but no offense if you lose Bargnani.

BUt idk if we can trade Bargs since we just acquired him

New New York

Quiet Storm
quicker than Eddy Curry can finish a biscuit!!!

Bargs actually played some lockdown D on Howard when we faced them so maybe he caught the eye of their front office

I think with Chandler returning this would be an ideal move...but they are looking for All Star talent for him

Lin
Harden
Parsons
Bargs
Howard

Thats really not a bad move on their part especially for a player out of the rotation. I mean honestly if I were a Rockets fan I would like this. This allows them to spread the floor for Dwight like Orlando did when they were Championship Contenders.

With TC back

Felton/Beno
Pablo/Jr/Shump
Shump/Melo/Metta
Melo/Stat/Kmart
Tyson/Asik/Kmart

The starting 5 is the same unit that last season won 13 straight (for the most part) and dominated Boston in RD 1. (again for the most part) combined with a lot of size off the bench

This could be a good move for both.

metrocard

Legend
I can't think of a trade we've done in recent years that didn't make the other team noticeably better and ended up being highly questionable for us.

That's the story of the Knicks, without the Knicks I don't even know how other teams would compete. We make everything easymode for other franchises.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I like Asik, really wouldn't mind signing him after next season (that poison pill contract is a no-no).

But Bargs costed us a first round pick. I'm not moving him in any deal that doesn't help persuade Melo to stay. Asik isn't that guy, so no.