New York vs Sacramento 01/04 Game Thread (L 98-105)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
knicks_100.gif
vs
kings_100.gif

Possible Starters:

New York Knicks (16-14) :: 10-5 at MSG
stephon_marbury.jpg
allan_houston.jpg
nazr_mohammed.jpg
tim_thomas.jpg
kurt_thomas.jpg

Sacramento Kings (18-9) :: 7-5 Away

mike_bibby.jpg
doug_christie.jpg
brad_miller.jpg
predrag_stojakovic.jpg
chris_webber.jpg

Game Time: 7:30 PM EST
TV: MSG, MSGHD
Radio: 1050 ESPN

Game Recap
Knicks 98 - Kings 105

DownUnderKnick3

Benchwarmer
After Houston's statements today about the Knicks defence needing to improve it will be great test for them against a Western Conference power like the Kings who have a great blend of inside and outside offence.

mrj18

Benchwarmer
madskillz7312 said:
Knicks have like 9 or 6 staright vs. them in the garden! please i hope they dun break that streak!
For real I think the last time Sacremento won at MSG was in 95 or 96! Even when the Knicks were in their dark ages. Let's not break the streak tommorrow!

DownUnderKnick3

Benchwarmer
pbjb14 said:
yank tt and start ariza!!!! tt cannot defend peja

It's not that Tim Thomas can't defend him, it's just the effort he has to put in. He has all the tools to shut him down, he's huge at 6'10 for a SF so putting a hand in Peja's face is made easier, he's also quick and athletic enough to get by the screens and stick with him but guarding Peja is easier said then done.

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
I am getting frustrated now! And I put the clutch time blame on Tim Thomas blowing the three and a lay-up. TRADE TIM! I'm sure Jalen Rose for Tim could work. Toronto doesn't want him. We don't want Tim. I've said it time time and time again, I have no faith in Tim Thomas. Not to say this game was soley his fualt. Just he was a big part of it......

VERY VERY DISSAPOINTING!

teslawlo

Benchwarmer
what a horrible game down the stretch for the knicks. missed FT's, tt missing crucial shots, etc etc no defense

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
Knicks got a good run together in the 3rd quater. Ariza had some really good plays. Steph dropped 17 in that stretch. They were out of energy in the 4th, and all of our big men were either in fould trouble (K.Thomas 5, Williams 5, Mohammed 4), injured (Sweetney), or wasnt helping (Sundov), which is why Webber had some good shots that hurt us. Mike Bibby had a BIG shot in crunch time. He hit the 3 over Williams and Marbury. Overall good effort but fatigue, turnovers and free-throws cost us the game.