Lakers interested in Iman Shumpert (Chandler)

mafra

Legend
Los Angeles Lakers superstar shooting guard Kobe Bryant just returned to action, but that hasn't stopped the team from inquiring about other backcourt players.

The Lakers recently called the Knicks to express their interest in Iman Shumpert, according to sources close to the situation.

No trade is imminent, and sources say the Lakers' call was more about doing their due diligence; it's well-known Shumpert is available. The Lakers are unlikely to make a deal before the end of their current four-game trip, which concludes Tuesday night in Memphis.

But with Steve Blake, who is expected to miss at least six weeks with an elbow injury, joining point guards Steve Nash and Jordan Farmar on the injured list, the Lakers could be interested in strengthening their backcourt.
Shumpert is more of a shooting guard, but with Bryant taking on more of a playmaking role -- averaging a career-high 6.7 assists while attempting fewer than nine shots a game -- since returning from a torn Achilles tendon last Sunday, it's easy to see the two playing together.

Shumpert is struggling through a disappointing season, and the Knicks have discussed trades involving him with several other teams, including the Denver Nuggets and Toronto Raptors.

Sources say the Lakers also are interested in another Knicks player -- center Tyson Chandler. The Lakers did not inquire about Chandler when they called about Shumpert, but they are weighing whether to propose a Pau Gasol-for-Chandler trade, according to sources.

The Knicks are not looking to move Chandler -- several teams have contacted them about him, sources said -- but if a club agreed to take back struggling guard J.R. Smith, the Knicks would consider such a deal.

With Smith having signed a three-year, $18 million contract this past summer, the Lakers aren't likely to be interested in him.

Broadway

All Star
I'd take Gasol if we can find a 3rd team to get involved to take JR.

I'd want...

Gasol
Johnson
Sacre

for

Tyson
Shump
Smith(3rd team takes Smith and Lakers sends that team whatever first rounder they have available to trade down the road)

Maybe that 3rd team can be Kings give us Thornton or Fredette it wouldn't make a difference to me.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
ean Derks ‏@Derks0 2m
According to people close to Steve Nash the Canadian PG is preparing for a trade to NY. Tyson would head to LA. Physicals would be waived.
@KnickFM: Knicks may deal Shumpert, Tyson Chandler, and J.R. Smith to the Lakers - per Chris Broussard

seriously, what dumbasses are running our team? i guess we will trade for dirk when hes 40 and possibly ask ewing to come out of retirement with a 50 mill contract and ask for his playing rights by trading 3 first rounders for it

we suck as a team right now and the way the FO thinks will help is to trade for 2 more injured guys...so how exactly will it help our current situation?

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Mods can we just get a trade thread up because there's alot of noise starting for Shumpert between the Lakers, Nuggets and Raptors.
(Not a 4 way deal)

also obviously trades for Tyson and others

bigapple

Starter
I'd take Gasol if we can find a 3rd team to get involved to take JR.

I'd want...

Gasol
Johnson
Sacre

for

Tyson
Shump
Smith(3rd team takes Smith and Lakers sends that team whatever first rounder they have available to trade down the road)

Maybe that 3rd team can be Kings give us Thornton or Fredette it wouldn't make a difference to me.

ME too
Gasol to Knicks he can shoot 3s he know triangle offence
and yes we need 3rd team i want JR to leave this team and Felton too
Shumper is playing like that bcoz his mind is filled by trade romours i love this player just like mine favorite pablo p
Bargniani should take less 3s now

mafra

Legend
I still think we are hoping to package Shump and Amare for Rondo. But, it's obvious, Knicks will be major players with trades next few months.

Lowry from ToR. Waiters from CLE? Draft picks rom PHo?

Only issue with La is n they aren't a good match for us. We don't need Nash (too old) or Gasol (too redundant). Maybe a three-way deal... Nash goes to TOR and we get Lowry? LA doesn't have drafts is for us.... Unless they take Amare... Do we want anything they have?

mafra

Legend
@KnickFM: Knicks may deal Shumpert, Tyson Chandler, and J.R. Smith to the Lakers - per Chris Broussard

seriously, what dumbasses are running our team? i guess we will trade for dirk when hes 40 and possibly ask ewing to come out of retirement with a 50 mill contract and ask for his playing rights by trading 3 first rounders for it

we suck as a team right now and the way the FO thinks will help is to trade for 2 more injured guys...so how exactly will it help our current situation?

Broussard is an idiot. If he reports something, you know it'll never happen. He's like that NFL analyst who looks like a turtle. Broussard is a lemming, and agents-p,ayers-execs use him to float rumors.

With all this interest in Shumpert, what would compel the NYK to deal a young asset for a 40 yr-old has been, who is always hurt. And, on top of that, we'll dump our All-Star center on your lap. They would have to take Amate for us to even consider something... Or get 2 other teams involved to send us young players.

Kiyaman

Legend
Hate to interrupt the subject .... Why dont we just trade Melo then JR asap so we can win in the postseason games.
The ISO-Melo consistently in every offensive-possession the final 7 minutes of each game is killing us .. TANKING!!!