New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards 12/16/2013 7:30PM

nuckles2k2

Superstar
u r mentioning teams where the headcoach is in control of the game.
Mike Woodson, just like HC Karl has no control over what ISO-Melo want to do, when Melo want to do it.
u seen the aftermath of what happen to HC Karl when he let Chauncey Billups lead the Nuggets team to go to the WCF.
The next season HC Karl was put on the season injury list, his job was given to the assistant coach.
Meta World Peace gives u a little of everything in his hustle performance, Woodson is the first coach in the NBA to DNP MWP.

You mean when George Karl was battling throat and neck cancer?

You keep ignoring anything that'll debunk your arguments Kiya.

You keep calling Melo "ISO-Melo" but I watched Woodson say he calls those isolation plays for Melo, and then in the same post game interview, in the locker room...Melo said he wants his teammates to understand that he has faith in them to take shots too. He said he can't do it alone.

So if we see him pass out of double teams, until his teammates aren't hitting anything, then he takes it on himself to carry the weight of the team...how is that "selfish" as you characterize it? Wouldn't it be equally as selfish to continue putting the burden on dudes who are clearly not getting it done?

Whether you wanna say Melo is a Batman who needs a Robin, or a Robin who needs a Batman, either way...the puzzle isn't complete. He doesn't have the complementary help he needs. And therefor he's trying to do it all by himself.

Call Melo out for his decision making.

For his conditioning (even tho he's almost playing 40 mins a game as a forward, that's a bit much)

For his lack of leadership on the court in the toughest times.

But this childish "I'm gonna make **** up, and sound half-witted while I do so" **** is a little old Kiya.

The next season HC Karl was put on the season injury list, his job was given to the assistant coach.

The man had neck and throat cancer. He sounded horrible, and looked tired and withered after the chemotherapy.

Surely you're not serious. Can't be.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
You're playing a game of semantics here. If a player says they wouldn't have signed with an organization based on how they're being used and specifically point to the system that's about as big an indictment on the coach as it can get. Also Pau held himself out of the first part of last year with a mysterious knee injury after having some exchanges in the media with D'Antoni.

This year he went as far to say….."Mike Is All Over The Place" with what he says in rebuttal to D'Antoni questioning his effort and play.

Melo has come very close in his career questioning coaching. I know he threw Bizdelik under the bus early in his career. I'll have to search to see if I can find something. Overall Melo does try to hide behind pre-cut fabric.

We don't disagree.

But still, my main point was that I didn't understand why folks were looking for Melo to say the opposite of "Woody's job is safe" when questioned "Is Woody's job safe?"

You're not gonna find a star player who says "nope, he's in trouble" when questioned about his coach, especially to the media. It doesn't happen.

Then you told me that players question their coaches in the media all the time, and used examples of indirect finger pointing...

I said players will complain about the way they're being used and we, the public & media, can connect the dots.

I dunno if I'd call Pau responding to a backhanded MDA comment as calling out his coach, as much as saying "hold up, wait.." and defending himself.

I don't remember what Melo said about Bzdelik, but if he came out and said something to the effect of "yep, coach messed up...I don't even know what he's doing here." 9 years ago, then I guess I stand corrected.

I still think it's pretty ridiculous for anyone to expect any player to say "yes, coach messed up, and his job is on the line" to anyone in a public venue; and that was my main point.

Woody didn't use Melo's name, or demean him in any way. So when Melo is asked a potentially damaging question in an interview about Woody, I don't expect to hear anything demeaning. But apparently other folks did, and then chastised Melo for it, and I was like.. HUH?

Kiyaman

Legend
You mean when George Karl was battling throat and neck cancer?

You keep ignoring anything that'll debunk your arguments Kiya.

You keep calling Melo "ISO-Melo" but I watched Woodson say he calls those isolation plays for Melo, and then in the same post game interview, in the locker room...Melo said he wants his teammates to understand that he has faith in them to take shots too. He said he can't do it alone.

So if we see him pass out of double teams, until his teammates aren't hitting anything, then he takes it on himself to carry the weight of the team...how is that "selfish" as you characterize it? Wouldn't it be equally as selfish to continue putting the burden on dudes who are clearly not getting it done?

Whether you wanna say Melo is a Batman who needs a Robin, or a Robin who needs a Batman, either way...the puzzle isn't complete. He doesn't have the complementary help he needs. And therefor he's trying to do it all by himself.

Call Melo out for his decision making.

For his conditioning (even tho he's almost playing 40 mins a game as a forward, that's a bit much)

For his lack of leadership on the court in the toughest times.

But this childish "I'm gonna make **** up, and sound half-witted while I do so" **** is a little old Kiya.

The man had neck and throat cancer. He sounded horrible, and looked tired and withered after the chemotherapy.

Surely you're not serious. Can't be.

Yeah, u right when it comes to HC Karl .. Karl & player/coach Billup's lead Melo to a season where Melo average 22 pts per game (a big drop in Melo's scoring goal).
The next season with HC Karl out with injury .. Melo average 28 pts per game (increasing his career 25 pt average).
The season after that HC Karl was back, and Melo wasted no time at the start of November to demand to b traded bc he wasnt going to resign.

The only sport comentators/analyst that doesnt mention our teams stand-still movement everytime ISO-Melo got the ball are the ones that work for Dolan.
The sport commentators on NBA TV, TNT, and ESPN has been consistently mentioning our team just stand-still everytime ISO-Melo have the ball the past 3 seasons.

If Lebron or D.Wade wouldve did what Melo did in the final 6 seconds of the game, do u think sports comentators, and the press would be blaming coach Spoe ???

metrocard

Legend
Melo is a one dimensional player .. recall Starbury 40 minutes with no brains, and no energy to score or play defense in the 4th quarter. Starbury individual performance is the same as Melo's Ballhoggin individual performance.
Both so-call stars played 40 minutes a game, and didnt have chemistry with any Knicks teammate for 3 straight seasons. RED-FLAG

It's really not about how many shots Melo takes .. its about Melo wanting a touch of the ball on every offensive-possession, he never move without the ball, he holds the ball, he shoots the ball with 2 or 3 defenders on him, his consistent ballhoggin make teammates shoot the ball when 18 seconds are left on the shot clock.
u tell me if Melo is a good offensive-teammate having the above FLAWS???

Melo does not make any of his teammates better, so why is he given a 40 minute pass every game?
Melo is a 30 minute high scoring player, bc Melo show no hustle on defense, and no hustle in pushing the ball to score before a oponent could get back on defense .. now thats Marbury all over again. RED-FLAG

The Denver Nuggets main investments every season with Melo were getting the team a PG that will keep the ball out of Melo's hands who keep thinking he is a "Point-Foward". The Nuggets went through PG's "Miller, Carter, AI, Billups, and Ty Lawson". When Billups kept the ball out of Melo hands from playing the point, Melo wanted out of the organization. Making PG Ty Lawson happy to lead a Meloless Nuggets team to a better winning season than the Knicks for 3 going on 4 straight seasons.
The clarity of PG-Billups amnesty, not resigning PG-Jeremy Lin all leads to ISO-Melo playing point-foward anytime he feels like it. RED FLAG.

u never see Melo sitting on the bench discussing anything with any of the coaching-staff.
This game showed why we needed the "Old-Heads" lastseason, and why we need Billups or Kidd on the court at crunch-time having a bad-decision-making ISO-Melo in the lineup.

wow................