Dolan isn't trading or firing anybody.

petescud

Starter
Guess we'll win 25 games this year....i feel bad for season ticket holders....this is beyond sad. Guess we won't compete till 2015. Funny thing is i said Celtics make playoffs this year, even in rebuild mode...most thought i was crazy

Broadway

All Star
Didn't see this thread….Mods can delete the one I made.

This goes back to exactly what I suspected when the Lowry rumors were first talked about. I said our owner is in such damage control, false sense of perception, reverse jedi mind mode that he will prohibit the team from getting better based on decisions he's made in the past.

This guy is scared of his own shadow, he doesn't want to make a bad move because he doesn't trust himself nor those he has put in charge and is too confident or overly optimistic in this steaming heaping pile of refuse.

Okay cool so we make no moves and watch other teams make them to improve their rosters….That makes perfect sense. The league simply hasn't caught on to how we do things but when they do boy watch out.

tiger0330

Legend
Why isn't Mills making this announcement? Why was Mills named the GM?? Dolan seems to be acting more like the GM than the GM. I think Mills will go down in Knicks history as the most forgettable GM in Knicks history with a track record of poor drafting and mediocre performance.

petescud

Starter
Maybe its the Dolan 360 coming and we'll be making mega moves ....haha....hard to stay a Knick fan as long as this guy owns the team

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Maybe its the Dolan 360 coming and we'll be making mega moves ....haha....hard to stay a Knick fan as long as this guy owns the team
LOL I was wondering this as well. Maybe it'll relieve some pressure off some of the team, and if it still doesn't work out, changes are gonna be made.

bigapple

Starter
So we are foroced to play with this lame JR till end of season and he with Felton will be key players for Knicks looses.

Still thinking when to stop watching this team. Spurs Rockets Cllippers Indy Heat are coming very soon.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Other than Melo, Chandler, Shumpert and Hardaway, we have nothing of any trade value. Shumpert has regressed and his current trade value is low. We should not trade Hardaway, Jr. He looks a lot better than I expected. No team, not assured that Melo would resign with them, will trade for Melo. His only potential destination in this year, as I see it, is to the LA Clippers. I do not see him with the Lakers or anyplace other than New York or LA. There is no reasonable replacement for Woodson midseason. As I have said in previous posts, I see us resigning Melo and hoping for improvement in 2015 when we will have a first round pick and cap space. Felton, JR and Shumpert, if not traded earlier, will be on the books. I believe it will b qualifying offer time for Shumpert. We could get more cap space for 2015 if we could move Felton, JR and Shumpert. I do not see much of a market for Felton or JR. As for Shumpert, his trade value might improve over the balance of this season or next season. Next season, we are over the cap even if Melo bolts. What reasonable trades are available? What new coach is going to turn things around?

bigapple

Starter
TH Jr should be starter. We all rememebr that one Th was starter nothing was working To's only.

But that was very wrong S5.

Just read that Woody is decided to stop P&R STAT is very predictable and readable with his pathetic dream shake all time rollin travelling.

petescud

Starter
Hey, not for nothing, but we should see an improvement in all the guys thought they were getting traded (Shump, Amar'e and MWP to name few)....Especially Shump, lets see what he has. If we don't see much improvement, we shouldn't have much regrets if he goes in a year end trade. I think Woody with all the bonehead ISO madness as well as timely timeouts, is still a major upgrade over our assistants...come on guys, the Atlantic sucks, lets win it. At this point i don't care if we make it out the first round

nuckles2k2

Superstar
This means changes are coming.

This is the light version of the "dreaded vote of confidence".

If there's nothing going on, then there's no need to say there's nothing going on.

Let's just hope it's something that's reasonably intelligent.

metrocard

Legend
This is all Melo's fault, right?

Seriously though, this is the lowest point in Knicks history right now. After the unforgettable 90's era, Knicks were an embarrassment in the 00's.

This decade we were suppose to turn it around.
We failed to do so and will suck for another decade.
That's just depressing.

bigapple

Starter
This team is worst D right now

STAT is completely lost when i see replays this guy feels like in the jungle

Tyson much more dissapoints me

and Mike Breen with Clyde still saying Felton is needed

petescud

Starter
Yeah, no defense to speak of, translates to a lot of losses....That, and energy, by the 4th qtr...not sure if its Woody's defensive switches or what, but by the time the 4th qtr comes around, these guys are exhausted...Maybe its the conditioning crew. All i know is we lost at least 10 winnable games in the last 5 minutes of play

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks chairman James Dolan told New York players in a meeting Thursday that there are no trades or changes to the coaching staff forthcoming, ESPN.com has learned.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that Dolan gathered the team before the first practice in the wake of New York's embarrassing 29-point home loss to Oklahoma City on Christmas Day largely in an attempt to hush the growing speculation about coach Mike Woodson's job security following the Knicks' 9-19 start.

The discussion came amid increasing signs the Knicks' effort and focus under Woodson is waning on top of the significant injury issues that have plagued them all season.

It's believed Dolan took the step in an attempt to persuade Woodson's players to band together and throw their full support behind the embattled coach to help dig New York out of the sizable hole it finds itself with essentially one-third of the regular season in the books, the sources said.

When an emboldened Woodson met reporters after Thursday's practice, he promptly announced he still thinks New York can rally from its poor start to win the Atlantic Division.

"We won it last year, and I expect us to win it this year," he said.

paris401

Starter
When an emboldened Woodson met reporters after Thursday's practice, he promptly announced he still thinks New York can rally from its poor start to win the Atlantic Division.

"We won it last year, and I expect us to win it this year," he said.

what a dick....

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow .... How many of the veteran-players are going to follow Mike Woodson's (ISO-Melo) lead???
they havnt followed in 30 games .. what will be different in the next 52 games.

Dolan dont understand the last-staw impact of "Woodson & Melo" not callin a time-out with 6 sec remaining in the game?
or what that does to veteran-teammates who must follow their lead for 48 minutes of every game...