samuel_dalembert.png

iman_shumpert.png
monta_ellis.png

beno_udrih.png
jose_calderon.png

Injury Report
New York Knicks
Dallas Mavericks
Metta World Peace - Sore Left Knee (OUT)Devin Harris - Left foot surgery (OUT)
Pablo Prigioni - Hairline fracture of right great toe (OUT)
Raymond Felton - Strained Right Groin (QUEST)
Kenyon Martin - Sore Left Ankle (QUEST)

Today in Knicks history
January 5, 2004
9-knicks-trade-stephon-marbury-2004.jpg

Knicks acquire guard Stephon Marbury, guard Anfernee Hardaway and center Cezary Trybanski from Phoenix in exchange for guard Howard Eisley, guard Charlie Ward, forward Antonio McDyess, forward Maciej Lampe, draft rights to guard Milos Vujanic, a 2004 first-round draft choice (traded to Utah, Kirk Snyder) and a future first round draft choice (2010, traded to Utah, Gordon Hayward).

Recent meetings
November 21, 2012After cutting the deficit that once stood at 12-points to one with 0:24 left to play New York had its chances in the final seconds as Carmelo Anthony drove to the basket but a driving layup came up short. While Anthony was slow up the court, Darren Collison's missed on the ensuing trip down the court with 24 seconds left. The Knicks called timeout, and Anthony had time to recoup, but came up short again, this time on a 15-footer. He then fouled out, and Dahntay Jones sank two free throws to propel the Dallas Mavericks to a 114-111 victory over the New York Knicks at American Airlines Center.
November 9, 2012After trailing 57-55 at the half , New York raced out in the second half to outscored Dallas 49-37 to win its fourth straight game to start the season 104-94 versus Dallas at the newly Transformed Garden. Carmelo Anthony led the team in scoring for the fourth straight time with 31 points over 34 minutes. J.R. Smith came off the bench and poured in 22 points on 8-16 shooting (3-3 3P) over 33 minutes. Dallas was lead by O.J. Mayo?s 23 points and seven rebounds over 28 minutes. Vince Carter added 15 points and six rebounds over 26 minutes

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Looking forward to seeing Vince Carter. Would be great to see Carter and Melo go at it.

Nice thread, rady. Marbury!

KingCharles34

All Star
I love the game thread Rady. I cant believe its been 10 years since one of the GOAT Point guards was acquired by the Knicks

Carmelo's already filling up the boxscore. We're gettin this win tonight

SMH @ Typhoon Chandler having another infection. Somebody get this guy some vitamins

Great 1st half. Can't believe how well we are playing on the Texas Triad given how bad we have been all year. Can't let our guard down in the 2nd half though, Dallas is too proud to just let us bury them on their home court.

If you didn't know our front office, you'd look at Shump and THJ and think that we have a bright future to build around. Instead, us Knicks fans know that we'll give these guys away at some point.

petescud

Starter
Hey guys great game tonight...I see the whole 10 of us are here. Well, we played 3 great games in the row, and lord knows we should had closed that Rockets game out. Anyway, move on. Lets get early season redemption against the Pistons and play the heat strong and win...Lets win our atlantic division with a 31 win season

skisloper

Starter
J.R. once again not being benched once he's put in.

since half way through the 3rd JR played all the way through.........just incredible.....Woody took Hardaway out after his 3 pointer instead of JR,,,,,,,,,,,,

what I dont under is why with 7 minutes left is Melo or JR bring up the ball 90% of the time and running the clock down to 10 seconds before we move,,,,,,Clyde said just play your offense....,......a wins a win.......

jimkcchief88

All Star
I see another win in spite of Melo the cancer lol....3GDummy must be hating this...damn near swept the Texas trio now let's get rolling:)

skisloper

Starter
I see another win in spite of Melo the cancer lol....3GDummy must be hating this...damn near swept the Texas trio now let's get rolling:)

Just dont understand if our offense is running well with Murray and Urich why for the last part pf the 4th melo brings up the ball and holds for 10 seconds.....Would have loved to see Phil Jackson with Melo.