Knicks looking to trade JR Smith

tiger0330

Legend
His shooting numbers are down because he's not being aggressive taking it to the rim like last year. Has to be the knee surgery taking away his athleticism, has he even dunked the ball this year? That's the mistake Grunny made knowing he was going to get knee surgery and giving him that fat contract, the Knicks never learn even after Houston, McDyess and Stat.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
His shooting numbers are down because he's not being aggressive taking it to the rim like last year. Has to be the knee surgery taking away his athleticism, has he even dunked the ball this year? That's the mistake Grunny made knowing he was going to get knee surgery and giving him that fat contract, the Knicks never learn even after Houston, McDyess and Stat.
He did dunk the ball this year, at least once.

I don't know where his athleticism is at. For all I know it's the same. It seems like J.R. either doesn't give sh*t or he's afraid to take it to the basket. He was unstoppable near the end of last regular season when he was constantly driving to the basket and was at least for the most part taking good shots outside the paint.

Kiyaman

Legend
Consider JR Smith another lost soul the Knicks wasted money on...Yeah we did that before. What i don't understand is how he hid it last year to some extent

I will say this for the millionth time .. Jason Kidd's veteran decision-making in the 4th quarter of 76 games (average 8 to 12 minutes of his 26 minute of playingtime in the 4th quarter), this is how we started the season 18-5 to lead to a 54 win season. We had great decision-making in the 4th quarter of the game lastseason .... Not like the poor 4th quarters we had this season.

It was Jason Kidd who recruited his ex-FINALS-teammate Kenyon Martin to the Knicks.
It was Kenyon Martin who forced JRsmith to drive n slash to the basket.
Before Kenyon Martin join the Knicks u rarely ever seen JR slash to the basket, or go to the free throw line.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I will say this for the millionth time .. Jason Kidd's veteran decision-making in the 4th quarter of 76 games (average 8 to 12 minutes of his 26 minute of playingtime in the 4th quarter), this is how we started the season 18-5 to lead to a 54 win season. We had great decision-making in the 4th quarter of the game lastseason .... Not like the poor 4th quarters we had this season.

It was Jason Kidd who recruited his ex-FINALS-teammate Kenyon Martin to the Knicks.
Before Kenyon Martin join the Knicks u rarely ever seen JR slash to the basket, or go to the free throw line.

Jason Kidd was such a good point guard he managed to win the 6th man award for JR.

I miss him Kiya, we're lost without him

metrocard

Legend
JR Smith was never a slasher though. Always been a jump shooter in Denver. He's just a dumb version of JJ Redick at this point...without the assist ability.

paris401

Starter

kmart is still on the team... so what's the problem???

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
he didn't hide it. knicks being the knicks were too blind to see it. contract year, he goes all out. nobody even wanted this fool. right after he signs the contract he has surgery. all the other GMs could see it a mile away. funny how we always end up with players like that. so tired of dolan

Broadway

All Star
I keep hearing posters talk about his season last year but seriously when looked at closely it was nothing but volume. His numbers by and large were the same for his career. He shot more he scored more, who cares. So what he had a couple game winners(Orlando/Phoenix) check around the league especially this year guys are making them almost weekly. We have to be wiser and smarter as fans and far less emotional. It shouldn't have taken a untie shoegate to be the final straw for you all.

J.R. is this…..

dhbtxk.png

"always has been and thus far intends to remain the same"

I remember before we signed him the general sentiment about him, from our fan base was very low. What changed? All because he donned a Knick jersey? I have no idea why so many ended up duping themselves into becoming one of his mistresses. He's been nothing but a huge distraction and/or a hinderance to proper player development. Nice to see Melo's early season pep talk got through to him.

This is the same Jackwad Imbecile who did this in a basketball game….

I can't believe we managed to outsmart the rest of the league and gave him 3 contracts And 1. In the meantime when he steps out on the court after his immature ways have worn off we'll get buttered up to this again.

33tjx4i.png

Yummy that looks delicious….can't wait!!!!!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
I dont recall to many members Hoo Rayin over us signing (resign, and resign) JRsmith.
Especially me .. I would trade Ballhoggers JR & Melo any day of the week.
The two Ballhoggers develope some very bad b.ball habits in Denver ..
habits that are to hard to break when u have two imbecile ..
the owner & coach trying to build a team around two ballhoggers.

Broadway

All Star
I dont recall to many members Hoo Rayin over us signing (resign, and resign) JRsmith.
Especially me .. I would trade Ballhoggers JR & Melo any day of the week.
The two Ballhoggers develope some very bad b.ball habits in Denver ..
habits that are to hard to break when u have two imbecile ..
the owner & coach trying to build a team around two ballhoggers.

Fans were lubby dubby goo-goo ga-ga….."J.R. Smith 6th Man Woody Father Figure has changed him"….on and on….lol!

Broadway

All Star
this fool somehow managed to put Melo into JR's short comings...smh.

The corny pep talk was just a blip of what I surmised. The video was posted as a major slam on J.R. Smith. Although Meloclimatic was hamming up the situation it was J.R. who was a grillion times more a dope as he kept playing with a teammate on the floor. He actually almost stepped on Melo which would have been terrible. What a king clown

Kiyaman

Legend
Fans were lubby dubby goo-goo ga-ga?.."J.R. Smith 6th Man Woody Father Figure has changed him"?.on and on?.lol!

Yeah I too, recall all the "JR.Swish" call-outs in the longest win streak since Patrick Ewing during the end of the season .. Win Streaks like that is like finally getting that ***** u been waiting years to get "ur High on life" its all good in the neighborhood. While JR & Melo was doing all the scoring .. Prigioni/Shump/Copeland/K-Mart/and Kidd's hustle defense won game after game after game in the win streak...

Not to many Knicks Fans wanted to resign JRsmith in the offseason .. especially after the postseason games.
When we selected THJ in the draft .. there was no need for JR on the Knicks.
:smokin::gony: :smokin:

skisloper

Starter
Okay I stand corrected painting with a broad brush here??I did see it on a few other forums and the talk around the league he was a changed man and grown up.

This forum has shrunken since last year or at least the people commenting....its seemed more people then not wanted JR back and were afraid we would lose him because he would be offered at least 6-7 million a year....people were scared of who would score if JR was not with us.........u are correct

Broadway

All Star
This forum has shrunken since last year or at least the people commenting....its seemed more people then not wanted JR back and were afraid we would lose him because he would be offered at least 6-7 million a year....people were scared of who would score if JR was not with us.........u are correct

This is such irrational thinking. Like if you take so and so off the team then we score that much less in games….it's like come on. Is the same said about Tyson missing games? Like who is going to defend the basket or who is gonna catch the lobs in the half court? Who is going to flex their puny muscles at the crowd after dunking?

Smith is on the negative side of zero sum, maybe the worst in the NBA and when you're trying to change the culture of a basketball team, you don't take on head cases such as Smith.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
This is such irrational thinking. Like if you take so and so off the team then we score that much less in games?.it's like come on. Is the same said about Tyson missing games? Like who is going to defend the basket or who is gonna catch the lobs in the half court? Who is going to flex their puny muscles at the crowd after dunking?

Smith is on the negative side of zero sum, maybe the worst in the NBA and we're you're trying to change the culture of a basketball team, you don't take on head cases such as Smith.

Amen. Now let's hope woody keeps him on the bench

metrocard

Legend
I'm actually upset that JR Smith is playing good...I just wanted him totally negated so Shumpert and Hardaway can be our SG platoons. I guess the more JR plays good the better his trade value is.