Time For a change. Suggestions?

Blumatic

Rotation player
This team is not smart. They just not smart. I think the Knicks might need a new Coach or Wilkens might need to change the strategy with this team. This team needs a big man who can pass. I mean We need to play with a motion offense like the Kings and Nets(of old). If we had it like that we would kill the League. This team needs to run and cut and pass, make picks and finish to the basket. We are playing all wrong. We are playing like we have a big man in the middle who can demand double teams and thats not the case. Yes we need to play better defense but another part of playing good defense is to score. I think we play decent defense but anytime we brick the other team is running down th e court for an easy lay up. Something has to change. And I think a new offense is in order. Defense must improve I think Lenny is saying the right things on defense. But they are struggling at both ends of the floor and the offense and defense are hurting each other.

WiL8000

Rotation player
First of all Wilkens can't change, I'm convinced of that and I'll tell you why. He has never been a defensive oriented coach by any means, and supposedly he has been preaching D this season, in training camp and practice. I haven't seen good consisent defense at all. The best thing the Knicks can do is fire him and do it soon, it's a new year, it's time for Isiah to coach this team.
The next thing is to make some key trades, no more nonsense, like waiting for certain players to improve a bit. Tim Thomas, Moochie Norris, Bruno Sundov, Allan Houston, Penny Hardaway, Vin Baker, all of them need to be gone, I don't know how exactly, but somehow.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
isiah thomas as our headcoach? hmm, when he took over the organization almost everyone thought he'll fire chaney and become the head-coach. instead he bringed lenny and he said he didn't want to get involve in this and that he will remain president only. his coaching career is not bad, in his final season he finished with 48 wins but on postseason he's mediocre.
those guys you mentioned must go somehow but on second thought i'd keep baker and houston

in other order of ideas, how does jeff bzdelik sounds?
he had a great past season with the nuggs and i think he shouldn't have been fired, it wasn't his fault the team started that really ugly losing streak. he's a good coach and i think he'll feet just fine in NY

Trin_Starr

Starter
The problem is that Lenny is way too lenient with the players. He is always making excuses for the crap that they do, because he wants to maintain this aura as a "Player's Coach" and not to have any players mad with him.....but he needs to scold and blast a player that is not doing something right...sometimes u need to cuss them out as it is the only way they will realize their mistakes!!!!
Look at Steph - Isiah blasted him and now he is playing ball.....
If TT is not playing well, take him out of the starting lineup - let him learn that it is a privilege that u have to earn to be starting - we might lose a game starting someone else, but players need to know they got to bring their A game every night!!!!!

Lenny needs to grow some balls and then the team will start playing much better!

dacash

Benchwarmer
well,thing we need to do is look at who is playing and who is not,steph,k thomas,nazr,sweetney,azria,crawford these guys are playing well. the others need to be traded and traded now.

Blumatic

Rotation player
Trin_Starr said:
The problem is that Lenny is way too lenient with the players. He is always making excuses for the crap that they do, because he wants to maintain this aura as a "Player's Coach" and not to have any players mad with him.....but he needs to scold and blast a player that is not doing something right...sometimes u need to cuss them out as it is the only way they will realize their mistakes!!!!
Look at Steph - Isiah blasted him and now he is playing ball.....
If TT is not playing well, take him out of the starting lineup - let him learn that it is a privilege that u have to earn to be starting - we might lose a game starting someone else, but players need to know they got to bring their A game every night!!!!!

Lenny needs to grow some balls and then the team will start playing much better!

That is an excellent point. This team needs discipline and someone to scream at them. They need a leader. I always thought that maybe Patrick Ewing should get some consideration as a coach. I don't know if it will work b/c he is not a point guards coach but he is learning Van Gundy's defense style which also similar to Pat Riley's style. Knick players will play for Ewing. And Ewing never took crap from his teammates as a player and im sure he wont take any as a coach. Knicks Head Coach Patrick Ewing. It ha a nice ring to it.

6thman

Benchwarmer
Oh i've never thaught about Patrick to be our haed coach! But it sounds like a good idea!
I don't know what he's worth as a head coach But surely he will be respected by the players!! Also Patrick is a defensive player and he could teach some D-fens to our guys!
I hope something like that could happen! You never know but i don't think it's isiah's plan!

Isiah would be mad to become the head coach of these knicks because if he loses too much games, what is he gonna do? fire himself? Naaa
Isiah better stay our GM

Also i wouldn't like Bdzelik to be our coach, i think he's quite the same as Wilkens!
We need someone who'd get mad everytime players don't do what he has aked!!

I Welcome Change

First off I would like to congratulate my self on my 1st post on this AWESOME website......Good job whoever is runnin this website....Keep it up!!!!

I think the knicks definitly need to make some changes. Steph is the best point gaurd in the league....when driving to the basket!!!!!He needs to do it more often(Iknow he does it alot but im asking for more). Then when he gets the double team dish it to H20, Craw or TT. I know this is basically the offense but if you notice I left out what is thier downfall.....Crawford bringin the ball up. When crawford shoots every 2 seconds from deep range it hurts them offensively and defensively. Dont get me wrong, Crawford can score like no one I have ever seen and hes super talented, but I'm sick of the green light always being on.

Thats the first post....Theres more to come!!!!

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
blumatic, keep in mind that when you run a style of ofense like the ents of old and the kigns do it leaves you extremely vunerable on defense with the slightest offensive msitakes i think our main problem is wilkens and play time. Ariza deserves bigger minutes he is one of our best defensive players and he is ready for these minutes. It just pisses me to see such good talent wasted for tim thomas a bumb. Sweetney when healthy needs to get in the line up with some big minutes, jerome williams also. Were playing people based on what their payed in my opinion and thats just wrong you play people based on performance. Its like how shandon was still getting some biog minutes last yr ( Dont you guys agree?????????)

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Patrick Ewing would be an awsome choice for coach. Things the knicks need to do is make addition by subtraction. There are certain players that feel defense is optional. I think guys that don't want to help need to go. Penny, doesn't like his role, he needs to go. TT is an expiring contract and need to get rid of him. Not only does he steal and exhaust valuable minutes from Ariza & Sweets, he plays zero defense. Jamal Crawford is another guy that has to to learn he's not the savior of the Knicks franchise. He is without question a guy that others will follw. However he seems more concerned with taking a shot,rather than the quality of the shot taken. This is where Isiah needs to step in as a guy players respect. I've had enough coaches that "baby" and "coddle" players. What players are failing to realize is that Fans expect the world. For the tickets prices they should! Players need to be more professional. If I took of as many days as TT, I'd be unemployed.

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
Ok, first Wilkens has got to go. Screw what my signature says, TRADE TT. Get rid of Penny since he's bitching like a little girl to be traded. Ariza is better than both of them and his contract isnt even as high, it took me a while to realize. If Allan doesnt start putting up some high numbers that were used to, he comes off the bench as a sixth man. Starting lineup should be

PG-Marbury
SG-Crawford
SF-Ariza
PF-Thomas
C-Mohammed

And If we were to get rid of Penny and TT then it would create more minutes for Sweetney,Williams, and Norris. I know alot of people think we should trade Norris, but he provides a big defensive spark off the bench and can also give us a few extra points when needed. As for Baker, I dont know what we should do with him. For a backup center for Nazr, it's between Sundov and Baker. Sundov can hit the 3 which might come in handy. Baker has more experience, but right now we want a young core. WE NEED A COACH THAT YELLS AND SCREAMS AT THE PLAYERS, AND PREACHES DEFENSE. AND WONT BE AFRAID TO YANK CRAWFORDS ASS OUT OF THE GAME IF HE DOES SOME DUMB SHIT. Sorry bout the language. Im very tense right now. Im starting to get impatient.

Blumatic

Rotation player
I think Trevor should start. I think this kid is going to be a true star in this league. He is athletic he has decent jumper he's only 19. The guy plays defense like he wants it. The guy tries hard. He his smart. Start him. He just need to make his open shots. (Unlike lil timmy). His defense will spark the Knicks from jump. He is an energy guy. And the starting line up need some energy. Since TT is struggling so much he might fair better with the reserves. Trevor might make mistakes, but he positives outweigh his negatives a lot better than TT. Its time to stop the babying of TT. he is not cutting it. he is not clutch. I knwo he had some problems in the past but hey as a Knick fan I cant just say "hey let him start, even if he's not playing well, He had a rough summer" sorry, this is a business these are men and they just gona have to deal with it. H20 probably has to come off the bench also. He is not the same. He is not starter material as of now.

its funny..Crawford shoots to much and Houston dont shoot enough.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Re: I Welcome Change

Knickerbockers11 said:
First off I would like to congratulate my self on my 1st post on this AWESOME website......Good job whoever is runnin this website....Keep it up!!!!

welcome ! keep the good posts comming ;) if you have any friends who love the knicks send them here

:gony:

NYKnicks15

Starter
Okay this is my third post so Ill try not to make a fool out of myself.

Suggestions. Not to get on anybodys bad side but here I go. Everyone says Trade Trade Trade, but there are only so little trades we can still pull off and as of right now I think the best thing for us unless we can trade for someone like Kevin Garnett which is impossible we should stay put. Our team has only been playing together as a unit for this year, they are finally getting use to eachother.

Heres the people Ive heard mentioned in some of the internets "great ideas". Allan Houston, Tim Thomas, Jamal Crawford, Kurt Thomas among almost the rest of the team except Marbury. Its ridiculous.

Allan Houston- NO ONE is going to accept that 3 year 17-which will end up being 20 by the time its done-million dollar contract. He has too many injuries, he's getting older and he's getting scared to drive it to the hoop, defend decently, or even hold the ball for god sakes.

Jamal Crawford- We had him not even a year yet and people are upset with him. He has put up some HUGE numbers and like it or not he is our future at the 2 spot. Okay I understand you are mad that he doesnt drive it into the lane as much as he should and he takes premature shots but thats a COACHS job (which ill get to soon) to put into his thick skull.

Kurt Thomas- Will some one give this guy the credit he is due. He's 6-9 (which is sad to call tall for a team but for us it is), hes cheap, hes efficient, great defender and hes averaging some great numbers. Unless you can get a reallly good PF or a good big man dont even think about trading him. Especially in some Wally crappy deal.

Tim Thomas- This is the one Ive been waiting for, Everyone says Tim is an underachiever and dont get me wrong he is. BUT if you look at his stats for the most part every year hes played hes average over 10 ppg a season, In no way is that overly good but its good for what hes supposed to do on our team. We have Nazr who is steppin up and putting in big numbers, you have Kurt who gets the rebounds and averages over 10 a night, you have Crawford (when hes playing) averaging almost 20 ppg and Marbury who takes cares of the assists and 20+ ppg. With all them taking care of the ball each night where does that leave Tim??? No way is he able to put down HUGE numbers like everyone expects him to when everyone around him is putting down 10-15 buckets per person! Hes a big guy, 6'10 240, a decent defender and with all the problems at home settled Im sure hell step it up even more.

C Mohammed/Baker/Sundov
PF Thomas/Sweetney/Williams
SF Thomas/Ariza/Hardway
SG Crawford/Houston/
PG Marbury/Norris/Brewer

Honestly we dug ourselves into a hole with large contracts. Unless we wait until next year to see who wants to trade for a package of Penny and TT (which is hyprocritical for me to say) who will be in their last years of their contracts we have nothing really to work with.

POINT being well have to stick with what we have and just improve else where, like another COACH! Who wants to adapt to the times. Thanks for listening GO KNICKS!

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
the only player trades id like to see are TT and penny, cuz of his attitude. we def need a new coach. how about jon starks as well as ewing as a candidate?

NYKnicks15

Starter
Id personally prefer Ewing. He has a bigger presence to him and Im not talking about size. He just seems like the type that wont take no crap from his team, and get involved right there in practice, physical and everything. Watching Starks on the pre-game and halftime shows talking about the Knicks, he just seems to laid back about it, it scares me to think of him as a possbility in fear hed become like Wilkens with that laid back no yelling approach...they need a sargent man haha Ewing would be great #33 son!

NYKnicks15

Starter
Good question Im not exactly sure. I know in college ball you have to okay it with the ball club the assisstant works for. I think something like this happened with Pay Riley and the Knicks years ago...BUT he was the head coach, so im not sure...any insight?

6thman

Benchwarmer
NyKnicks15! I always like to read those kind of post!
You don't have to be upset and start telling that we should trade everybody ( even if sometimes you can't resist to do it :lol: ).
We just have to keep quiet and think about a good possibility for this team!
I agree with you Nyknicks15, we shouldn't do a blockbuster trade right now and to be honnest i don't even think we're able to do it!!
I'd like to keep Kurt because he's one of those guys that you need to win a championship: someone who first think about the team!!

And don't forget we're missing sweetney and Crwaford right now! Before we're thinking about trades let's just see how this team can play with all its players!
Crawford and Houston have only played like 5 games together!!!!
let's just wait
BUT what we need to do as fast as possible is to FIRE WILKENS