Why did Woodson Strip the Fans of KNICKS GLORY?

Scribbles

Rotation player
62 Pts by Melo and over 7MINS remaining and he sends him to the bench.

He coulda torched for 70+ and challenged Kobe's 81.

Even while Fans were chanting for more Melo.

I feel cheated.

metrocard

Legend

I feel cheated.

Melo was tired.
Kobe's 81 is dirty since it was against the worst team in the NBA and Kobe didn't need to score 81 but was kept on the floor to pad the stats.

Melo scored as many points as he can before sealing the deal and closing the game.

LeFlume

All Star
I feel you Scribbles, Melo had more points in him but Woody did the right thing. Melo walking of the court after a career night with 7 min left...It was perfect...:gony:

petescud

Starter
Yeah, i felt cheated too, but i would had been pissed if Melo got hurt too....you could see he was draggin

he definitely was good for 70 pts though

Melo was tired.
Kobe's 81 is dirty since it was against the worst team in the NBA and Kobe didn't need to score 81 but was kept on the floor to pad the stats.

Melo scored as many points as he can before sealing the deal and closing the game.

Yeah, this is the answer. You're winning big and the other team is already beaten. Historically, you can draw a pretty big clean line between the highest scoring games of all-time that were gotten by a guy trying to win a game and ones by guys who just stayed out there shooting over and over with the game already over. There's some division 3 kid who keeps having huge scoring games, up to at least 130 points I think, but everyone thinks his coach is a creep because he does it in the process of winning by over 70 points.

George M.

Benchwarmer

I feel cheated.

Woodson did the right thing this time, however he finally realizes now that he has prematurely removed Melo and other players when they were hot all season long. I know, I've seen him do it. Mind you this guy is supposed to be an "Old school coach". From my recollection back in the day whoever got hot kept getting fed the ball. If this guy has finally woken up from his nap he might actually save his job. Go to his postgame press conference on Knicks Now .com and you will see him admit this.

Kiyaman

Legend
Ask yourself .. was Melo's 62 points for a Knicks WIN? or for his stats? or for the media/press bad rumors from Melo's teammates the days before his nut nut nut 62 pt exploit (Melo refuse to pass the ball in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarter) to teammates?

Are any of Melo's teammates allowed to score 30 points or more (other than JRsmith) in Woodson sheme? NO!
Lastseason, when rookie Copeland scored 30 points during our 18-5 start, Copeland was DNP for a month after.
We all seen rookie THJ get fire-hot in the first-half in several games to be taking-out, and not put back into the game, until the last 2 minutes of the 3rd qtr..

When a teams HC dont give any of the players the green-light to keep scoring when they are hot shooting 5-6 scoring off the ball their first 7 to 10 minutes into the game, the HC sits that player .. so the HC two favorite most minute players could fullfill their scoring-stats ....... That is a bad sign of a headcoach, and a very bad sign of the 2 most-minute played players.
Imagine if OKC HC kept sitting Harden on the bench, so Durant & Westbrook could do all the scoring in the game?
OKC never wouldve made it to the WCF.

CoolClyde

Ask yourself .. was Melo's 62 points for a Knicks WIN? or for his stats? or for the media/press bad rumors from Melo's teammates the days before his nut nut nut 62 pt exploit (Melo refuse to pass the ball in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarter) to teammates?

Are any of Melo's teammates allowed to score 30 points or more (other than JRsmith) in Woodson sheme? NO!
Lastseason, when rookie Copeland scored 30 points during our 18-5 start, Copeland was DNP for a month after.
We all seen rookie THJ get fire-hot in the first-half in several games to be taking-out, and not put back into the game, until the last 2 minutes of the 3rd qtr..

When a teams HC dont give any of the players the green-light to keep scoring when they are hot shooting 5-6 scoring off the ball their first 7 to 10 minutes into the game, the HC sits that player .. so the HC two favorite most minute players could fullfill their scoring-stats ....... That is a bad sign of a headcoach, and a very bad sign of the 2 most-minute played players.
Imagine if OKC HC kept sitting Harden on the bench, so Durant & Westbrook could do all the scoring in the game?
OKC never wouldve made it to the WCF.

I disagree. the #1 rule of basketball is keep feeding the hot hand, which the Knicks did. Melo passed the ball in this game, the players acknowledged him being in the zone and passed it right back. once he got to 40-50 points relatively easily, EVERYONE's eyes were on the MSG record prize, and Woodson let him get it, righteously deserved. then he took him out. I don't agree re Copeland and THJR. Wood Son has been guilty of benching hot players, but it's also HC obligation to win games and not rely on rookies.

whatever kman, it's crazy to keep bitching about one of the best performances in MSG history, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Kiyaman

Legend
I disagree. the #1 rule of basketball is keep feeding the hot hand, which the Knicks did. Melo passed the ball in this game, the players acknowledged him being in the zone and passed it right back. once he got to 40-50 points relatively easily, EVERYONE's eyes were on the MSG record prize, and Woodson let him get it, righteously deserved. then he took him out. I don't agree re Copeland and THJR. Wood Son has been guilty of benching hot players, but it's also HC obligation to win games and not rely on rookies.

whatever kman, it's crazy to keep bitching about one of the best performances in MSG history, but you're entitled to your opinion.

There's to many parables when it involve the NBA's most minute played player Carmelo Anthony, having a 19-27 record with a $92M cap roster. Dont try to cover-up Melo short-coming with injury-prone teammates each season, it has got old, and tiresome.

Across the interwebs, in the media, and in Knick players hearts? Oh christ. Any single made basket by Melo "________ turned the corner! Superstar talent realized!!" and every win, no matter who against or in what way "CORNER TURNED! 50WINS NOW! FINALS! HEAT DONT SCARE US!"

So yeah I kinda speak out loud when the Knicks organization allow the conclusion of a win, "The Melo-Knicks beat ....... with Carmelo Anthony scoring a game high so-so points".

Oh and listening to all the Melo-Fans themselves talk like they're on some incredible win streak against the league's elite when they just beat some **** LOTTERY teams....drives me to comment as well.

What else is there to talk about? Shumpert's hair?

CoolClyde

haha, re shumpert's hair, sorry that's no longer part of the discussion, now that he cut it.

you have to look at the way the Knicks won past 4 games, and the way Melo has played. it hasn't been iso-Melo, it's been ball movement, the rise of the Juniors (Smitty & TH), Jeremy Tyler busting out, Prig back in the mix, etc. whether it's against lottery teams or not doesn't matter, Knicks have beaten top quality teams when they played well (Miami, S.A., Dallas).

face it, Melo is THE SUPERSTAR of this team, is the high scorer whether he ball hogs or not, and he'll be the focal point of any win or loss, unless someone else shines (ie: THJR); fact of the matter is, this current win streak Melo has been shooting extremely well, has not been iso-Melo-hog, and the team has played AS A TEAM. yet you continue to diss him, instead of relaxing and thinking: maybe the guy has got it figured out with the guys he's playing with, can trust his teammates to score and defend.

I say give Melo a break, give Peace a chance, give your grandson a hug, and hope and pray the Knicks beat the cHeat. maybe one day you'll actually appreciate Melo's game, if and when he figures out how to play team ball. as a Knicks fan, I have faith.
:smokin::pray::gony::beer::hoops:
melochrist_sm.gif

Kiyaman

Legend
I wish it was that easy not to include the NBA most minute played player this season as the Knicks "CANCER" player.

Melo plays as our PF (at the 4 spot), the majority of the game in a 3 guard rotation forcing all of our PF to get their playingtime at the center position (rookie Jeremy Tyler is force to play center lol). Plus PF-Melo plays as our PG whenever he wants, plus stay on the perimeter on offense. On defense PF Melo are always MIA defending-paint, and boxing-out.
When Melo plays PG what play does he call-out?