Knicks trying to improve Tim Hardaway Jr. on defense

metrocard

Legend
[h=2]The Knicks? first-round pick out of Michigan acknowledges his defensive shortcomings, but the 6-6 swingman has provided an undeniable boost off the bench this season.[/h]
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...r-learning-defense-hardaway-article-1.1592238

Carmelo Anthony was heading up court in transition, but instead of adding to his scoring total, flipped a lob pass to the right side of the rim.Tim Hardaway Jr. leaped and caught the ball along the baseline before flushing it through the hoop, punctuating his 18-point contribution to the Knicks? 110-103 win Sunday over the Lakers.
?I?ve said all along, Tim is ahead of the scale. He?s not your typical rookie,? Mike Woodson said. ?He spent some time in college. His dad (former NBA All-Star Tim Hardaway) obviously has done a hell of a job in coaching him a little bit over the years and working with him on his game.

lakers-knicks-basketball.jpg

I was wrong about Hardaway Jr.
I doubted him as a draft pick, thought we had better options at that selection.
What I like about Tim is that his carries himself prideful of the jersey he wears.

When a player proves me wrong, I got to hold on.

Tim's defense is terrible but I believe with the right coaching, he can improve.

Tim's game can expand into a Kevin Martin level if he works on moving without the ball like Reggie Miller. We'll see how he develops.

tiger0330

Legend
I hope not Kevin Martin, he hasn't ever played any D anywhere. I think Woody said that Timmy has to put on some muscle to become a better defender and that's one of the reasons they say Kevin Martin is not a good defender.

metrocard

Legend
I hope not Kevin Martin, he hasn't ever played any D anywhere. I think Woody said that Timmy has to put on some muscle to become a better defender and that's one of the reasons they say Kevin Martin is not a good defender.

I think Tim has a lot potential offensively. If he can get to the free throw line and move without the ball like Martin, then I'll happy. I meant the whole Martin thing offensively, its not joke how bad of a defender Kevin Martin is. Right now Tim is just an athletic spot up guy but I believe he will grow.

Kiyaman

Legend
This is not the Tim Hardaway Jr. we watched in the Summer League games.
This is the Tim Hardaway Jr. that worked-out consistently with SG-Murry at the Knicks practice facility throughout the offseason (being coach by Tim Hardaway Sr.).

Tim Hardaway Jr. show little to no rookie flaws in his rookie performance in 45 regular season games.
Starter on the Rookie/Sophmore All-Star games.
THJ plays well off the ball on both sides of the court.
HC Woodson has not given rookie THJ a specific role to play on offense or defense.
HC Woodson has not put rookie THJ in a specific lineup to Gell, and create a 5 man chemistry with.
HC Woodson biggest mistake with rookie THJ were giving THJ playingtime in the 4th qtr. (crunchtime) in our first 25 regular season games, which resulted in a 8-17 record.
Crunchtime playingtime early in the season shouldve been reserve for veteran-players only .. REDFLAG coaching...