Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Which PG(s) should we go after?

Re-sign Rose? Baker? Go after somebody new?

Sig made by Sons of Thunder

Burgundy and Holiday, 2 year deals
    ​aka ILLMATIC LIFESTYLE

Veteran

Anyone we get, we're going to overpay and continue this cycle of trying to get rid of last year's bad deals (e.g. Noah and Lee) to make room for this year's bad deals. Let's just get Baker back and hope Ntilikina can take the job from him as the season goes.

I'd love to get a George Hill-type to open the season as the starter and mentor Ntilikina, but it just doesn't seem realistic.

Cross Jeff Teague off the list after reading there was mutual interest in him joining the Knicks. Thibs with that Butler trade and with KAT and Wiggins is putting together a team that players want to play on.

Hard to see the Knicks attracting anyone in FA, maybe the best plan is to go full tank and start Baker and force feed Frank.

Veteran

Knicks has a chance to get Noah on the court to earn every penny in his contract by signing FA PG George Hill plus signing FA Rondo too. Signing both PG to the Knicks will turn the franchise into a winning situation in the 2017-18 season .. making the Atlantic Division the winning division in the East.
    The Knicks resigning Baker are like asking to be a 2017-18 season LOTTERY team !!!

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    The Knicks resigning Baker are like asking to be a 2017-18 season LOTTERY team !!!
    yep... he reminds me of an early opie.... when opie had hair...

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    the way we are going, we'll going to teach the 76er's how to tank a season...

Veteran

Well .. if the Knicks organization have any high plans on developing our young raw players throughout the up coming 82 game season then the Knicks better hurry and sign Rondo asap before the next NBA team sign Rondo to guide their young drafted guards to be a leader at the point plus teach the basic tricks of PnR to the young big-men.

Rondo may be this n that .. butt Rondo's professionalism knows all the tricks of the trade to improve teammates performance.
    Rondo may not be a scorer .. Rondo is one of the best facilitators in the league.

Finally something on Rondo and the Knicks again:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I'm down with the youth movement, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't get a vet to be our floor general. If we don't, we can be in for quite a bad season of bad basketball and Melo shooting anything he wants.

Veteran

I think all these reports of us having contact with free agents is being generated by the media so they have something to get internet clicks from Knicks fans. Steve Mills is a complete lame duck GM at this point. I have seen no compelling evidence that our front office is doing anything.

Originally Posted by htr10
    I think all these reports of us having contact with free agents is being generated by the media so they have something to get internet clicks from Knicks fans. Steve Mills is a complete lame duck GM at this point. I have seen no compelling evidence that our front office is doing anything.
    We don't have any cash to spend. Simple as that. We normally don't do much anyway, and when we do it's the wrong move. But we have to renounce Rose just to scrap together 15 mil of cap space.

Veteran

Originally Posted by mafra
    We don't have any cash to spend. Simple as that. We normally don't do much anyway, and when we do it's the wrong move. But we have to renounce Rose just to scrap together 15 mil of cap space.
    As it stands right now, we undeniably have one of the 5 worst rosters in the NBA. Noah's contract is untradeable, but a good GM would find a way to move at least one out of Lee, Thomas, or Melo's contracts, or work out a sign and trade with Rose.

Our front office year after year makes it look like it is impossible to do what other front offices do routinely every off-season.

Get some young guys in here, don't just talk about doing it. We have a rough 82 games to watch ahead of us this season if Dolan continues to roll with our pretend GM.

Can't argue with ya. But we do have KP, WHG, Frank and all our first round picks!

Plus, I imagine we'll be a more exciting bunch to watch.... no ISO crap.

Baker has some moxy and we still have time to improve. Still, we really need a top 3 pick so why not lose 65!

Veteran

Originally Posted by mafra
    Can't argue with ya. But we do have KP, WHG, Frank and all our first round picks!

Plus, I imagine we'll be a more exciting bunch to watch.... no ISO crap.

Baker has some moxy and we still have time to improve. Still, we really need a top 3 pick so why not lose 65!
    There's nothing I enjoy more than watching the Knicks play, but man, like you said, we better be one of those fun bad teams this coming season.

Is Marbury available?