Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Listen I understand you guys having your opinion on him, its you right the same way I have my opinions on others but I just dont like how guys are solely blaming him for us losing this series, that aint right, if you didn't do that then there would be no need to argue but solely blaming him isn't fair when no one has stepped up to fill the voids, Shumpert/Stoudemire/Lin left

CA7 I personally am not putting all the blame on melo.He is a great talent that is for sure.All I want is for him to be a all around TEAM PLAYER which you have to admit he has'nt been one all season.I want melo on this team BUT I want him to use all of his abilitys like passing and finding a wideopen man on the floor.He is one of the best passers in the leauge so why not use it? If he would do that and become a team player then this team would be scary on the floor and they would win b/c every player is scoring not just melo.

CA7

Scoring Champ
CA7 I personally am not putting all the blame on melo.He is a great talent that is for sure.All I want is for him to be a all around TEAM PLAYER which you have to admit he has'nt been one all season.I want melo on this team BUT I want him to use all of his abilitys like passing and finding a wideopen man on the floor.He is one of the best passers in the leauge so why not use it? If he would do that and become a team player then this team would be scary on the floor and they would win b/c every player is scoring not just melo.

I said Melo gotta improve in every aspect and you know what he has but he has to consistently.

Melo's got a lot to work on this summer and I understand why guys are upset with him and he needs to improve we can all agree on that

But what us "Melosexuals" are saying is dont just blame him for us losing this series

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Rady...you warned me to stop.

So I beg of you to stop this.

These are not people with opinions of the Knicks.

These people waste space on the forums with this mindless, reaching garbage.

KnicksOnline is turning into a joke and you guys are the punchline.

Peace

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I said Melo gotta improve in every aspect and you know what he has but he has to consistently.

Melo's got a lot to work on this summer and I understand why guys are upset with him and he needs to improve we can all agree on that

But what us "Melosexuals" are saying is dont just blame him for us losing this series

Well im glad you understand what I was saying about him working on all of his abilitys,talent.Like I said I don't put all the blame on him during this series BUT imo he could have played alot better and found his teamates more.Yes we has three starters missing this series but still every player on this team is in the NBA for a reason so thats no excuse.

iSaYughh

Starter
^ seriously, stfu.

The amount of senseless and dead-horse-beating **** that bombarded this place about D'antoni for months on end is 10000x worse than the actually legitimate "Melo Wars" that we now have.

The only thing that should be modded up about this, IMHO, is not allowing so many repeat threads that pretty much are identical, offer no new perspective, and become just clones of the same thing.

But who cares if Orangeblobman only seems to post **** about Melo -- it's not like he's spamming like a broken record like KnicksFanQueens did.

Also, if what he posted here is actually true, and I assume it is....it's a very legitimate and interesting factual piece of information.

Lol@ anybody who can look at that and not at least consider it (even if you think it's not an accurate portrayl of Melo and can disprove it)

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
^ seriously, stfu.

The amount of senseless and dead-horse-beating **** that bombarded this place about D'antoni for months on end is 10000x worse than the actually legitimate "Melo Wars" that we now have.

The only thing that should be modded up about this, IMHO, is not allowing so many repeat threads that pretty much are identical, offer no new perspective, and become just clones of the same thing.

But who cares if Orangeblobman only seems to post **** about Melo -- it's not like he's spamming like a broken record like KnicksFanQueens did.

Also, if what he posted here is actually true, and I assume it is....it's a very legitimate and interesting factual piece of information.

Lol@ anybody who can look at that and not at least consider it (even if you think it's not an accurate portrayl of Melo and can disprove it)

Im sorry, I feel that was an abusive comment.
Rady...

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Spread the blame. Remember that egos here are bigger than Ben Hurr

It's not as much the playoff output I'm concerned about.

Fact is - we are overmatched and injured right now.

My concern is that Melo didn't care for half a year, admitted he didn't care, and now we are paying the price by sitting at 7. Granted, we drew a bad matchup and probably could have drawn the Bulls. But we also could have drawn the Celtics, Pacers, or Hawks if Melo played to his ability.

I shared your concern, good sire!

We were touted as most likely to be 3rd in the East, but, amazingly, it was Indiana who took that high seed! And we didn't even muster up the record to challenge them in 6th.

But the blame has to be dispersed.

The Knicks were the league's most horribly underachieving team in the league that I recall having ever seen in 20 years: 2 MAX salaries, 1 in the upper echelon of annual income throughout the league. Out of those 3 high payed individuals, it was the lesser payed that lived up to - even exceeded - expectation. The others..............failures.

I believe that D'Antoni was equally to blame, along with SHAT and Melo, and that if it weren't for Lin, who saved face for D'Antoni and took the pressure off the MAX duo, this season would have been an absolute failure. One unmatched throughout the history of the league.

Seeing this thread is about Anthony...

This year was meant to be about Melo: his team, his time, his prerogative. The irony was that he felt precisely the same, but not in the same frame of mind that fans of the franchise, analysts and everyday fans of the game felt. And, more so than any other, D'Antoni was not going to adjust his M.O for Melo or anyone. That's why he left Phoenix. A clash of stubborn egos, and the player won. Unlike the circumstances in Denver.

There are no excuses for Melo's lackluster effort and especially quitting and admitting to it, his missed layups, the 30% shooting averages etc that lasted so long. As all predicted, Melo came back to form, but that's still completely unacceptable. How could one individual that loves this franchise and its banner ignore that? That right there is arrogance that exceeds pride.

2 thirds of a season playing like a starter, not a MAX player, not even an All Star.

Carmelo Anthony deserves the fire he gets from fans and analysts because one month of high output as opposed to 40 games of major underachieving are unacceptable.

We don't buy appliances or modern conveniences to have them work 35% of the time, and I believe that those who blindly (others not so) defend underachieving have yet to really take that in to justifiable consideration.

Some scream INJURY!, I retort, Tyson Chandler!

I think, and have said numerous times that Melo, Amar'e, D'Antoni and the ridiculous notion that Chauncey Billups' expiring contract would get us CP3 this offseason is what has ****ed the Knicks, and has us launching insults like a bad day in Bosnia.

Melo's accountable flaws in point form:

Desire - maturity - toughness - a sense of responsibility - ignorance - conditioning (no really)

SHAT's accountable flaws in point form:

Lack of intelligence - perspective - ignorance - understanding - accountability - maturity - distraction - selfishness. Take in to account his brother's death. Very unfair to not do so.

D'Antoni's accountable flaws in point form:

Stubbornness - inflexibility - accountability for himself and others - ignorance.

Add to that the insane belief - almost cult like belief here on KO - that re-signing Billups to go after Paul was anything more than a fantasy, and you have yourself a concoction capable of a result the likes of which we've seen: a failed season far from meeting not only expectation, but abruptly displaying what can happen when inflated egos meet and don't mesh.

It's an issue of arrogance and ignorance, IMO, and will remain one, because athletes are the demigods of the modern era.

That's what's wrong with basketball, and the Knicks 2 highest payed individuals are perfect indicators of that. If they succumb to their egos next year, we'll see an increase in wins, and could very well get within a 55 win season, 3rd, maybe even 2nd seed.

Anyone see a likelihood of that happening? If it doesn't we'll be back at each other's throats by game 10 of next season.

I bet not one of you ****ers reads all of that. :lol:

Peter

Benchwarmer
I am watching 76ers vs bull game 4, both teams play great ball-movement game, that makes me hate iso play more. 76ers probaly become this year's lucky 8 seeds.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Edit: Sidenote - I honestly think if this series was Amare, Chandler, Gallinari, Felton, Wilson Chandler, JR Smith, Novak, Fields we probably win this series.

gtfo-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-428.gif

jimkcchief88

All Star
Hope you got a nice eyeful today Haterblack. According to your stupid equation MELO should have stopped shooting by halftime. Scorers shoot themselves hot dummy. Melo played a complete game on both ends of the floor. Having Stat availible helped take the pressure off. Nobody can play 1 on 3. Crawl back in the hole you came out of if you can't support the team during the playoffs.

KBlack25

Starter
Hope you got a nice eyeful today Haterblack. According to your stupid equation MELO should have stopped shooting by halftime. Scorers shoot themselves hot dummy. Melo played a complete game on both ends of the floor. Having Stat availible helped take the pressure off. Nobody can play 1 on 3. Crawl back in the hole you came out of if you can't support the team during the playoffs.

LOL...did I really hurt your feelings that bad that you are so obsessed with me? Is it because I pointed out you were making up facts and presenting them as truth?

Damn someone is obsessed.

So much potential is there. We just need an healthy start next season. We play great team ball when focused...every piece has their part to play and when played with accountability we win..sometimes in convincing fashion.

KBlack25

Starter
So much potential is there. We just need an healthy start next season. We play great team ball when focused...every piece has their part to play and when played with accountability we win..sometimes in convincing fashion.

The problem is not a lack of talent that's for sure. It's a lack of cohesion and effort.

Had to make changes first. Now that we have a coach that can get these guys to play, and together...great things happen. Its a growing process...a lil more time. They haven't been together long enough to have full trust in each other ...soon come.