Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

skisloper

Starter
Melo is getting the max. Nothing less. Whether you think he deserves it or not.
Before you cry about team concept, understand what team we have now and theres no way this team can play together.

Melo has been playing on playoff rosters for most of his career.
He's not Sharif Abdul Rahim, Melo can play with guys and be a good teammate, that's not the discussion.

But when you say Melo isn't a max player because the state of the roster then you just look like an a s s.

Melo is getting a max contract just based on the fact he's not even 30 and is a top 10-15 NBA player.

he does not deserve a max contract
Being the leading scorer is a great thing if you play defense on the other end.
Whats the point of trading baskets........
Melo is not a team leader and between Karl and Dantonio seems to have issues with coaches as well...
U are right he is an incredible scorer and this year we are seeing him rebound.
WHERE IS THE DEFENSE ? why does this not matter to you ?

metrocard

Legend
Knicks need to now show Melo they can build something around him. Melo would stay if the Knicks were at least competing. Now they are dismal and he is doing everything he can. He wants to win a championship but the players are not helping him. we need to get rid of the supporting cast (Amare, Felton, Shump, JR) Now and get other players. We might have to fire Woody for Phil Jackson to just prove to Melo we are serious

at this point, we need either need to trade Melo or trade for Rondo and give it one last shot at the playoffs.

metrocard

Legend
Hey man, i have no interest to argue with you about that selfish title scoring chaser. And i dont give a **** whether he gets his max money or not. I am just stating my opinion, thats all.
Oh yeah, BTW, more you defend that mf, more you look like an aas yourself.

It's not even an argument, you present nothing to the table.

he does not deserve a max contract
Being the leading scorer is a great thing if you play defense on the other end.
Whats the point of trading baskets........
Melo is not a team leader and between Karl and Dantonio seems to have issues with coaches as well...
U are right he is an incredible scorer and this year we are seeing him rebound.
WHERE IS THE DEFENSE ? why does this not matter to you ?

Melo finished last season 3rd in MVP voting.
This season he's 2nd in the NBA in scoring and 10th in rebounding.
He's been a top 15 player for 10 years.
He's 29 years old.

You hold nothing valuable worth reading in regard to Melo not being a max player.

Melo playing on a bad team doesn't mean he'll be getting any less of the money he WILL be getting.

since when George Karl and Mike D'Antoni were excellent coaches that were valued over elite players? They're average at best.

Melo isn't Shane Battier on defense, but he isn't Steve Novak on defense either, you crying and over exaggerating about his defense is unproductive and pointless.

Defense matters to me 100%
That's why I want Pablo Prigioni, World Peace and Shumpert play a bigger role on this team. These 3 guys have potential to change the game flow of the team all around, but Woodson is holding them back to sit around and let Smith, Hardway and Melo isolate.

I don't support the Iso-Melo system.

I believe Melo is best when he's moving without the ball and our point guards don't make it obvious they're going to pass to Melo.

Melo is easily a max player, this isn't even close to an argument, stop wasting my time.
Even the biggest Melo hater would admit he's max, you're being overly emotional and mindless to even make sense.

Players in the NBA get overpaid anyway, so I don't know why you're in deep denial.

metrocard

Legend
So should Melo not have to play defense ?

?

Did you watch the game?

Melo played PF, had to guard T-Jones, who isn't really an offensive thread but Jones went 2-5 for 6 points in 33 minutes.

Why are you acting like Melo let Jones go off for 30 points?

You just mindly type "Melo doesn't play defense" to everything, even to game clips of a game where Melo's defense wasn't even bad.

You complaining about Melo's defense in a game where his defense wasn't bad but you don't even mention the refs who took away a 4point play from Melo has confirmed you're not even a Knick fan anymore.
Your sole purpose here now is to hate Melo without any thought.
It's a mindless and unproductive behavior that you should be concerned about.

Broadway

All Star
Why is this a surprise, there is no one else on that team to even make the defense pretend that the ball may go somewhere else, and he is playing more minutes and carrying more of the load than he ever has?
Stop thinking so simple, it's destroying this argument.

Before last yeart Melo was the most clutch player in nba by far and it wasn't just a myth like some players. Stats don't lie don't lie right? So which one is it?

So you gonna black out the fact Smith and Kidd were majorly clutch last year(so were Sheed and Felton to a small degree) although…last year was last year. You don't care what they did last year do you? Well guess what….I don't care about Melo's scoring title last year it means nothing to me nor what he's done scoring wise for the past decade. I only care about getting lots of W's as a Knick, that leads to peak post-season success. I don't care what kind of scoring option Melo is(quite frankly he's closer to a 3rd option than a 1st option). I don't care about Melo's personal glory. I don't watch this team for a primary purpose to get Melo pieces around him. I watch for what helps the Knicks win now and in the future. Melo has about 5yrs left of playing time(before he's rendered irrelevant), so I'm not quite sure why you and the myriad of others haven't adjusted your emotional outlook yrs to come.

You spew nothing but excuses for this guy. Look I don't think Melo is an evil person and do think he means well at times, nevertheless he's primarily an ON HIS TERMS type of dude….. not going to cut it.

Lebron had a suspect roster in Cleveland he took over 20fga/gm a few seasons and proved to be highly efficient and excellent ball distributor in the process.

Donyell Marshall….Ira Newble, Jamario Moon, Sasha Pavlovic, Eric Snow, Damon Jones, Boobie Gibson, Larry Hughes, Shannon Brown <---------Melo does jack squat with such motley crue of mischits.

Cleveland won a lot with Lebron as the alpha just in case you were wondering. For crying out loud the Heat have been resting Wade several games this year along with experimenting with different depth, Lebron attempting 7fga/gm less than Melo yet he averages the same amount of pts/gm. Pure Utter Unadulterated Garbage from Melo but yippeeeeeeee lets kneel on 1 knee and praise him for his over glorified rebounding while being hella inefficient, playing piss poor defense(even worst than Bargnani).

If the roster has been so inept why was Grunny being big upped by the likes all of last year and as recent as the off-season? Why did fans take offense when Granger said the Pacers were the 2nd best team in the East last year at season's begin?

Cut the babbling sobbing crap…..Melo has failed once again and being his 12th season as a pro I'm not 1 bit interested in rebuilding around him hoping he can win in his 17th. It's only going to keep fans like you in the place they're currently in to lather, wash, rinse, repeat the excuses.

YO MELO….GET TO STEPPIN

Melo lead the NBA in scoring last season...he's been a 25ppg + scorer for almost a decade. Name me 10 guys right now who are better PROVEN #1 options.

People act like Melo was never proven because he's shooting 42% this season, even besides that he's still 2nd in the NBA in scoring with a messed up shoulder, bias refs and a crappy set of point guards to pass the ball to Melo.

Yea, he's taking 22 shot attempts per game, but LeBron and Durant would take 22-25 per game as well if they had to play with the Knicks roster, Durant and LeBron are better scorers....but to say Melo isn't a worthy #1 option is crazy.

To admit Melo isn't a #1 option, you have to accept the fact they are 20-30 scorers out there who are #1 options.

Pau Gasol is a #1 option for LA...he's averaging 14 ppg on 14 shot attempts...they're a .500 team right now.

I really hate when people call players unselfish on horrible rosters.

skisloper

Starter
?

Did you watch the game?

Melo played PF, had to guard T-Jones, who isn't really an offensive thread but Jones went 2-5 for 6 points in 33 minutes.

Why are you acting like Melo let Jones go off for 30 points?

You just mindly type "Melo doesn't play defense" to everything, even to game clips of a game where Melo's defense wasn't even bad.

You complaining about Melo's defense in a game where his defense wasn't bad but you don't even mention the refs who took away a 4point play from Melo has confirmed you're not even a Knick fan anymore.
Your sole purpose here now is to hate Melo without any thought.
It's a mindless and unproductive behavior that you should be concerned about.

Metro as I have said to you in other posts its Melo's lack of defensive effort in games...Maybe its due to him focusing too much on the offensive end or too many minutes BUT regardless your STAR player should be a team leader on the defensive end.

skisloper

Starter
It's not even an argument, you present nothing to the table.

Melo finished last season 3rd in MVP voting.
This season he's 2nd in the NBA in scoring and 10th in rebounding.
He's been a top 15 player for 10 years.
He's 29 years old.

You hold nothing valuable worth reading in regard to Melo not being a max player.

Melo playing on a bad team doesn't mean he'll be getting any less of the money he WILL be getting.

since when George Karl and Mike D'Antoni were excellent coaches that were valued over elite players? They're average at best.

Melo isn't Shane Battier on defense, but he isn't Steve Novak on defense either, you crying and over exaggerating about his defense is unproductive and pointless.

Defense matters to me 100%
That's why I want Pablo Prigioni, World Peace and Shumpert play a bigger role on this team. These 3 guys have potential to change the game flow of the team all around, but Woodson is holding them back to sit around and let Smith, Hardway and Melo isolate.

I don't support the Iso-Melo system.

I believe Melo is best when he's moving without the ball and our point guards don't make it obvious they're going to pass to Melo.

Melo is easily a max player, this isn't even close to an argument, stop wasting my time.
Even the biggest Melo hater would admit he's max, you're being overly emotional and mindless to even make sense.

Players in the NBA get overpaid anyway, so I don't know why you're in deep denial.

Because at age 34 and 35 I do not believe Melo should be making 28 million a year..........Do you ?

My issue with Melo on defense is that I have zero doubt he has the ability and strength to be a lock down defender but at certain times he just does not step up.....

Statistics can sometimes lie and voting isnt always a tell tale sign I mean look at last years 6th man.

KBlack25

Starter
So what you have left is basically the current Boston Celtics. Very Isiah like thinking.

This would be the opposite of Isiah thinking. Isiah thinking was trading all of our picks for mismatched and sometimes unproven vets - as opposed to hoarding picks while selling off aging players like what the Celtics did.

metrocard

Legend
Metro as I have said to you in other posts its Melo's lack of defensive effort in games...Maybe its due to him focusing too much on the offensive end or too many minutes BUT regardless your STAR player should be a team leader on the defensive end.

No matter what you say has anything to do with the video. Melo didn't play a bad defensive game against Houston.

Chandler has been the Knicks leader on defense the past 3 seasons. Melo's never been a defensive special, you're being plain retarded asking him to be Indiana Pacer Ron Artest on defense when his strength is offense.

That's like asking Raymond Felton to play like Chris Paul.

when will the sillyness end?

metrocard

Legend
Because at age 34 and 35 I do not believe Melo should be making 28 million a year..........Do you ?

My issue with Melo on defense is that I have zero doubt he has the ability and strength to be a lock down defender but at certain times he just does not step up.....

Statistics can sometimes lie and voting isnt always a tell tale sign I mean look at last years 6th man.

28 million a year? LOL who would offer that contract? I'm still waiting for someone to answer me that.

I don't think Melo will be a lock down defender, his defense isn't Eddy Curry bad or Jamal Crawford bad so I'm not worried about Melo defensively. Do I want him to give 100% on defense and make plays? Of course. Am I expecting him highly to preform on defense every night? No, that's foolish.

It seems like you don't even know who Carmelo Anthony is. Since when Melo has become a lock down defender or people expected him to be?

Next thing you know, Ski wants Melo to average 7-8 assist per game like Melo..."Melo has to be a complete Superstar, make his teammates better, play point forward and create shots for the lesser player, run back on defense and block shots...make plays, statistics lie" - skisloper

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Great effort Melo, he puts 40+ points, is very active on the offensive and definitely won us the game... oh, wait. Knicks record with Melo scoring 35+ points = .565, which is below the Knicks record since Melo was traded to NY (.590).

Last edited:

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Hey Metro, or should i call you MetroMelo?
Did you say i present nothing to the table? LOL.
Just read my post about team concept. That one post alone brings more to the table than all of your posts combined.