Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

skisloper

Starter
trading jr... to whom???.. he has zero value...

Again NOBODY wanted JR.....no team offered him any money both times when he was a restricted free agent and an unrestricted free agent despite the magical numbers he puts up for Knicks fans,,,,,

I said it this summer and will say it again JR is a loser for this knicks team.

I give credit to Melo for playing hard, especially on the boards. But, having watched Melo play with the Knicks for several seasons, as great and versatile a scorer he is, he doesn't seem to make the players around him better. Superstar players are supposed to draw extra attention like double-teams, theoretically getting teammates wide open and creating open shots for them. But, I just haven't seen that with Melo; when Melo is having a good game, it seems like the other players don't get easy shots and even play with a little bit less energy, at least from my perspective.

petescud

Starter
I miss us being a exciting team, thinking we could play loose and beat anyone...I liked seeing guys like Chandler, Lee, Nate, Gallo the Gov....a bunch of nobodies (yeah we had Harrington and Randolph too)...we are such a boring team now, i could care less if Melo leaves

I miss us being a exciting team, thinking we could play loose and beat anyone...I liked seeing guys like Chandler, Lee, Nate, Gallo the Gov....a bunch of nobodies (yeah we had Harrington and Randolph too)...we are such a boring team now, i could care less if Melo leaves

Beno Udrih and Andre Bargnani just not doing it for you? There was that brief moment of Udrihsanity, especially when he made that crazy three pointer.

petescud

Starter
I Like them when the ball is moving and we nail open shots....i like when Bargs hits his shots and drives to the basket and finishes. I don't like the 98% jump shots. We are too predictable, and coaches already have the upper hand by our previous game plans.....We just don't have a balanced attack....take my team in football, the RAMS. Until a few weeks ago, we had no running game and were predictable...since we established a running game, and now are winning games, cause we mix up the plan...just sayin

Kiyaman

Legend
Again NOBODY wanted JR.....no team offered him any money both times when he was a restricted free agent and an unrestricted free agent despite the magical numbers he puts up for Knicks fans,,,,,

I said it this summer and will say it again JR is a loser for this knicks team.

Kenny Smith said it better "If u like inconsistency, then u like JRsmith" ....
We are stuck with JR till Feb or July .. its time for Woody to play JR at his strength
in a steady lineup.

We are going to keep on losen till Woodson start playin players in a steady lineup.
I dont beleive any of the garbage the medical-staff said about limit Amare & K-Mart playingtime ..
Thats all Woody & Melo doin ..

Kiyaman

Legend
Beno Udrih and Andre Bargnani just not doing it for you? There was that brief moment of Udrihsanity, especially when he made that crazy three pointer.

While Felton is out .. Beno & Barg should be getting 28 minute in the same lineup in each game, while Felton is out.
This way the two players will have to create together to score, plus commit stops.

Originally Posted by metrocard View Post
This is still Team Melo, but the best for Melo and the best for New York should be respected.
If the Knicks want to waste Melo's time and not build a roster or have a coach who will play guy's minutes who deserve it (Prigioni), then Melo would be better off on a team who could use his talents and Knicks would be better off getting as much value as they can for Melo because the Knicks need it. Our future is dark, no draft picks, not even much second round picks. Glen Grunwald is a crap GM and gutted this roster out completely.

:agreed: 100% This is Team-Melo ....
Melo's average 40 minutes of playingtime as a Knicks for 3 seasons .. And I still have not witness any coaches written design-play for Carmelo Anthony to score (its always ISO - one on one or one on two).
What does that say bout our Knicks B.ball for 40 minutes per game.

Not Hatin on Melo, I just cant find away to build a winning playoff team around Melo being a first option.
Melo is not close to being a Ray Allen with KG & Pierce, or a Ray with Lebron, Wade, Bosh.
Melo is not close to being a Harden with West & Durant.
Melo is just a high scoring player that been making excuses each season of his NBA career.

Glen Grunwald is the type that does everyone dirty .. A real GM wouldve kept a fan favorite LinSanity, plus wouldve had a future plan for a group of Old-Head players on our coaching-staff, a real GM wouldve known a ($10M per contract) Bargani having a bust 7 yr career on a nonplayoff Raptors team was not worth a 3rd round draft pick.

erivera

Benchwarmer
everybody is talking about melo being a free agent, but keep in mind he has a player option at the end of the season. if melo gets injured he isn't opting out of the contract.

knicksin60

Starter
Jimmy Dolan Jr. will never think about trading his most coveted human possession. He probably would rather go back to drinking his White Lightning than think about losing stock value with a Meloless franchise. Even if the Knicks win no more than 15 this games this season, Dolan is going to offer Carmelo his own television network, like he was planning to do with Lebron, after he becomes a free agent.

Kiyaman

Legend
Melo -vs- Stat

Having a 3-10 start, Carmelo take on the world:
Quote:"It's tough times right now," Anthony said. "The only way we're going to do it is we've got to do it together, to dig ourselves out of this hole. But if we keep digging and digging and digging, this hole is going to get deeper.

Amare, who hasn't been the best player, but is clearly correct here:
Quote: "It's hard for any player to get in a rhythm when the ball don't move," Stoudemire said. "I've been playing my entire career where the ball moves with everybody, and you end up having a career year. So if the ball don't move, then guys don't get into a rhythm. They don't touch the ball often enough to get into a rhythm, and it makes it tough for the rest of their teammates to have fun. Right now, we're not having fun. The ball's not moving. We're playing one-pass-one-shot…Teams that move the ball win. Teams that don't lose. It's pretty simple.

Which player is reffering to Knicks basketball ....
Bottom line the 3-10 start is all ISO-Melo's fault.
Woodson's offense allow Melo to chuck, and chuck, and chuck some more. Other players start to chuck too.
Which comes down to "individual b.ball" that leads to no-defense .. we went through that with a 40 minute performance Starbury.

The 54 win season were predicted the day we signed HOF Jason Kidd .. even I mention the week we signed Kidd "we were going to win the Atlantic Division Title".

petescud

Starter
I agree. But also you can't expect to win when your SG's Shump/JR plays 30 minutes and both finish the game 1-12 with 2 rebounds...Our SG's suck, its that simple. Our PG's are also so so, but all are backups on the better teams...The last few games in Melo's defense, he's playing well. Yeah sure he chucks up some shots we all question, but last night against a very good Portland team, he shot 50% with what 16 rebounds 3 assist. Not bad numbers. Sadly, our team needs to stop this defensive switching. Why can't Woody throw teams off, and mix up his defensive schemes. Part 2 is if you have a crappy offense, it will only expose your iffy defense, which it has. Try what works best defensively. Can';t hurt

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Amare can say whatever he wants, but he's also part of the problem. I mean, how many times did you actually see Amare moving the ball the last two seasons? There won't be any ball movement, because:
- we have an ISO-oriented HC;
- Melo chucks like there's no tomorrow;
- Amare chucks because he wants to prove himself;
- JR cucks because he's too dumb to realize it's not working;
- Bargnani chucks because he can't do anything else;
- Felton chucks because he thinks he's better than he actually is;
- Hardaway chucks because he's a born chucker.

And that's why guys like Shumpert grow impatient. Because he knows he could have a break-out year, but the way this team is chucking he barely gets the ball. My point is: blow it all up, trade Melo/JR/Felton, let Amare expire, fire Woodson and get a coach who will change Hardaway's mentality.

metrocard

Legend
I can't blame the players anymore.
This goes to the man who formed this team together.
If he believed this team would be a championship calibered, he's not very good at what he does and is poor at researching these players.

You can't expect anything from Amare, JR, Felton, Barg, etc etc etc.

They were never meant to be championship caliber players.

Matt Bonner and Marco Belinelli provide more for a championship team.
Why?
They make the extra pass.
They defend.
They hit open shots.

That's all you need to do.

Knicks play complicated basketball.

Force feeding the ball to Melo and Amare, making the offense predictable.

We'll never win like that.

54 wins last season, that's great. Theres a lot of gimmick teams that win 50 games in the regular season but get exposed in the playoffs, we're one of them.

This team isn't even worth investing on.
Until this roster is blown up, you should expect bad basketball and don't act surprised when you do.

We have a bad front office and no hope for the future.

We owe

- 2014 first round draft pick to Denver
- 2014 second round draft pick to Houston
- 2015 second round draft pick to Houston
- 2016 first round draft pick to Denver or Toronto
- 2016 second round draft pick to Sacramento, protected for selections 31-37
- 2017 second round draft pick to Toronto

The New York Knicks, been aiding and improving NBA franchises since 2002.

Need a future draft pick to a player that can impact your franchise in a playoff contender?
Contact NY, not only they will provide you a future first, but they'll take away your most cancerous player with the most cap unfriendly contract that extends anywhere from 3-4 years. Kill two birds with one stone and be a step away from greatness.

This won't stop.
It hasn't stopped in the Isaiah era and it's still happening today.
Anyone who thinks changes will be coming before 2020 is fooled.
Have fun with the worst organization in basketball.

bigapple

Starter
How many assists have MELO? current just 3.0

How many offensive fouls and To's have STAT during each game? he is leader in that

how many prepared shots have JR in Portland game? just 2

Breen was talkin bout : dribblin dribblin dribblin......... they are wasting 3/4 time of each posessions there is no movement
no jumpshots no driving its mostly panic and as for me no chemistry

right now all i care is 5.12 NEts game

knicks lost to blazers in 1st q why? no D even Clyde is LOLing Knicks D

Last edited: