Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Broadway

All Star
Recent news about the Lakers entering the race wreaks of leverage from Anthony and his agent to get Phil to do a S&T with Bulls.

There are rumors Melo has already let us down lightly he isn't returning. Supposedly his attorney's are headed to Chicago tomorrow. Nothing confirmed obviously but the longer he waited to tell us yes was the a sure signal he's allowing time for outside interest to get as close as they can to what he wants. He wants to win apparently but he wants his money. Boozer instagramed himself in a New York Yankee cap today while driving on the express with a message that said..."Let The New Journey Begin" or something to that affect.

Recent news about the Lakers entering the race wreaks of leverage from Anthony and his agent to get Phil to do a S&T with Bulls.

There are rumors Melo has already let us down lightly he isn't returning. Supposedly his attorney's are headed to Chicago tomorrow. Nothing confirmed obviously but the longer he waited to tell us yes was the a sure signal he's allowing time for outside interest to get as close as they can to what he wants. He wants to win apparently but he wants his money. Boozer instagramed himself in a New York Yankee cap today while driving on the express with a message that said..."Let The New Journey Begin" or something to that affect.

Haven't seen this business about the Boozer Instagram picture or heard it mentioned anywhere else. If this picture and quote is out there somewhere, it would be pretty compelling evidence of Melo to the Bulls.

Ehh, I just looked up the picture on Instagram. The dude just happens to be wearing a Yankees cap while driving a car and the caption just happens to say The Journey. Half the comments are talking about Boozer going to the Heat (not sure why). It could mean something, but there's been much more convincing red herrings during NBA free agency than this over the past few years.

Broadway

All Star
Haven't seen this business about the Boozer Instagram picture or heard it mentioned anywhere else. If this picture and quote is out there somewhere, it would be pretty compelling evidence of Melo to the Bulls.

http://instagram.com/p/qFYwUarKPR/

925556_288091954697158_1587839405_n.jpg

Once again nothing confirmed yet, but with us offering Max.... him not accepting.... and no player movement signing on our end... it's headed towards a departed outcome IMO

Broadway

All Star
Ehh, I just looked up the picture on Instagram. The dude just happens to be wearing a Yankees cap while driving a car and the caption just happens to say The Journey. Half the comments are talking about Boozer going to the Heat (not sure why). It could mean something, but there's been much more convincing red herrings during NBA free agency than this over the past few years.

True but the Laker leak today by Wojo and Simmons clearly suggest they were contacted by the Melo camp, or they contacted the Lakers to inform them they are alive and then they notified Wojo and Simmons. Lakers wouldn't have waited this long to leak this if they knew on the first day of visit.

Needless to say ask yourself is $129mil more than $97mil? If your answer is yes what advantage or leverage does this provide us by leaking this? None whatsoever.

On the other hand Melo gains leverage against us... for Bulls or Lakers. He tells us I walk to L.A. for nothing or you work a S&T with the Bulls so I can get some more money.

True but the Laker leak today by Wojo and Simmons clearly suggest they were contacted by the Melo camp, or they contacted the Lakers to inform them they are alive and then they notified Wojo and Simmons. Lakers wouldn't have waited this long to leak this if they knew on the first day of visit.

Needless to say ask yourself is $129mil more than $97mil? If your answer is yes what advantage or leverage does this provide us by leaking this? None whatsoever.

On the other hand Melo gains leverage against us... for Bulls or Lakers. He tells us I walk to L.A. for nothing or you work a S&T with the Bulls so I can get some more money.

As good a theory as any right now for why the Lakers are suddenly getting so much hype to sign Melo. On some level, I hope Melo does go to either the Lakers or Bulls and gets to play with either Kobe or DRose being perpetually out injured, continuing on the tradition started by Amare of never putting on the court the 'star' with whom he is supposed to be paired. Going to be interesting to see how the cards fall from here on out.

jimkcchief88

All Star
It's called a negotiation people and Melo is doing his due diligence. Melo stated from the beginning that he wanted to go through the free-agent process and that's what's going on people. We still have the advantage because as 3G stated 130 million is more than 96 million. We still have the strongest position because we can offer the max$$$$. Which is why Phil flew to LA and offered the Melo the max to remove that objection from the table. And Melo will leave 30 million on the table guaranteed $$$$ if he signs anywhere else but with us. Trust the process and get it done Phil.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
It's called a negotiation people and Melo is doing his due diligence. Melo stated from the beginning that he wanted to go through the free-agent process and that's what's going on people. We still have the advantage because as 3G stated 130 million is more than 96 million. We still have the strongest position because we can offer the max$$$$. Which is why Phil flew to LA and offered the Melo the max to remove that objection from the table. And Melo will leave 30 million on the table guaranteed $$$$ if he signs anywhere else but with us. Trust the process and get it done Phil.

this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
there is nothing to negotiate lol, he will get the max either way he goes only difference if its 4 years or 5... if he leaves, then 2015 we start fresh and build a new future... if he stays hopefully he takes slightly less and after this year we rid ourselves of dead wood and build around him as the center piece...

for him to go to LAL, or Bulls there are no guarantees either Kobe or Rose will be able to play a full season... at least with New York, we have J.R. most nights with both Hardaway & Shumpert progressing their is hope in the big apple...

in the end if he stays good, if he goes oh well...

Quickly running out of time for KOLers to put your rep where your mouth is and predict the end of Melo decision 2014. Sitting down and thinking about it just now, I think Melo is ours for the next 5 years and everything else has just been static during this process. Anyone else willing to go out on a limb for us losing Melo, as a decision is tentatively anticipated in the next 24 hours.

Broadway

All Star
Quickly running out of time for KOLers to put your rep where your mouth is and predict the end of Melo decision 2014. Sitting down and thinking about it just now, I think Melo is ours for the next 5 years and everything else has just been static during this process. Anyone else willing to go out on a limb for us losing Melo, as a decision is tentatively anticipated in the next 24 hours.

I'm going Bulls or Lakers....especially if Lebron makes his decision to go to Cleveland or stay in Miami before Melo makes his.

Just watched the Stephen A Smith bit on the 11:30 ESPN and it was worth some interest. So, if Bosh leaves Miami to go somewhere else, hypothetically Houston, then that opens the door for Melo to join Miami. Well, that sucks, is all I can say. I would rep 3G4G for the heads-ups, but he's the last guy I repped, so I have to hit up someone else first. Anyone else want to weigh in with a Melo prediction?

WVKnickfan

Rotation player

Wait a minute.. what is this us? You was the one said that if he left then you was leaving. No REAL Knicks fan would even consider leaving their favorite team if a player left. No real Knicks fan would even say that crap if he was a real Knick fan. Maybe you are a true Knicks fan but from what I read on here tells me you would change teams in a heart beat if Melo would leave.

CoolClyde

Wait a minute.. what is this us? You was the one said that if he left then you was leaving. No REAL Knicks fan would even consider leaving their favorite team if a player left. No real Knicks fan would even say that crap if he was a real Knick fan. Maybe you are a true Knicks fan but from what I read on here tells me you would change teams in a heart beat if Melo would leave.

yeah man. if Jim leaves i'm threw and dun with him, sh*t on chief.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I think Melo is staying as well...First, we are offering the MOST MAX $$$$. Secondly, we can add a second big free agent after this season plus a high draft pick. Thirdly, Melo loves NY and so does his family. He's staying guys...sorry Charlie. More ISO, I mean Triangle-Melo:)

jimkcchief88

All Star
No REAL Knick fans would say they are "threw" with one of the best players in the league in Carmelo Anthony. Big Chief Triangle offered Melo the max. Learn from that on Chief....:)