Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Broadway

All Star
False. "TEAM KNICKS" is the reason we're in this mess. "TEAM KNICKS" is dog**** and hasnt supplied or given Melo the proper help he needs.

Go ahead and coach yourself into believing such a lie. Know this...."Team Melo" had a chance to have a supporting cast had he waited to sign with us in the off-season but GREED is a bish isn't it? Now fans like you have surfaced throwing all sense of reason to the side in order to STAN this clown.

Number3

Benchwarmer
Stat needs to do us all a favor and retire... we arent going to win anything without an all star/consistent POINT GUARD!

bigapple

Starter
only players which i really want to remain as Knicks for me r

MELO PABLO IMAN SHUMP MWP UDRIH ANDREA TH the rest i will cut completely means half of roster

why i didnt listed Chanlder he plays D only he is not guarante @ FT's and can score as only dunks thats why i will choose Kevin Love

Chamlers? sorry parker already pointed his place in finals Cole better.
My perfect match is Curry

CP and Griffin/Joran wil not win anything and can easly b shut down if they hit at same opposite Memphis.

Ryan Andreson is ok
Taj Gibson i many times mentioned him
Kemba Walker or Ty Lawson are just good @ MSG due Knicks dont play D

worst thing in 2015 MELO will be 30.

bigapple

Starter
STAT wants now MORE minutes

during game when the score was 26-26 STAT came and short while later it was 13-3 run by Hawks

its says everything.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
KnicksTape ‏@KnicksTape 12m Rumored major blockbuster involving #Knicks, #Lakers and #Kings. Shump to Sac, Gasol and Isaiah Thomas to Knicks, Felton & Amare to LA.

This was a whisper but it's gaining A LOT of attention quick? Why would it happen?.........who knows but I'd take it lmao

Once again though, I repeat. There hasnt been a major source to report it.

skisloper

Starter
So for this " Team Melo ".....lets here who are the 4 other guys that will be on team melo......
has to make sense money wise......

another questions>

1. If you took Lebron off the Heat last year and Melo in his place do they beat Indiana ?
2. If yoiu put Melo on Pacers and take George off do the Pacers beat the Heat ?

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
another questions>

1. If you took Lebron off the Heat last year and Melo in his place do they beat Indiana ?

Two extremely different players from Melo.

metrocard

Legend
another questions>

Pacers beat the Heat.

Miami loses anything without LeBron.

I respect Paul George, but if Melo had Indiana's defense and two legit big men, he'll be winning playoff series.

metrocard

Legend
I'm not sure why people keep harping on the fact that 'Melo doesn't pass enough... Look at these players on the court with him - would you pass to any of them? Melo is a FORWARD. It's not up to him to make others around him better. I admit, he's not Lebron or Bird. But he's still pretty darn good.

This is what brings me to my first problem with this team. THE GUARDS SUCK. I'm not using hyperbole here when I say this: A group of guards have to be amongst the worst set in the NBA, I'm talking bottom 5 in the league? Let's try to name teams that have a worst collection of guards than ours.

The problems with this team in the Carmelo era began, funny enough, 3 seconds after the smartest decision was made. Grabbing Tyson Chandler was a shrewd decision. Our options were limited and the fan base was tired of being told to wait another year. Holding out for hope we could land Paul or D-Will would've been foolish. After the lockout the rules changed, nobody is turning down 20-30 mil. But signing Chandler and not using the amnesty on AMAR'e was idiotic. It doomed Anthony's run i NY. Any fool understood that then, and we are all witnesses now to how lethal that choice was.

Melo-Amare-TC was never going to work, in a basketball sense. I realize STAT was electric when he first arrived, and i know we wanted a second star to help carry the offensive load. But we knew all along STAT had a 3-yr expiration date, and we already saw how we got swept against BOS with Melo-STAT. Dolan allowed loyalty to blind himself....

It was obvious... even more so since we were a team with NO PG. Keep Billups with Melo-TC. HIs contract runs out after season... We have money for another max.

The next foolish move also comes from the front office. Why is Chris SMith on this team? Why do we cater to JR? If the owner-GM-coach want to mock us with that tool on the roster... than why should we even care about this team?

Now... the next foolish decision: Not even talk to the arguably greatest bball coach in history? Phil Jax? Even if Woodson was halfway decent, this was still foolish.

It's hard to win with a coach like this. Felton should be the backup, getting 15 minutes a night. JR should be benched right now. I still don't know why we even brought him back.

With this coach, and these guards, Melo has no chance.

This post.

If you look at our back court and compare it to the right of the year, you soon learn that most team's back up PG's and SG's are better than ours. It's getting sad now. We've declined and we have to accept this.

metrocard

Legend
KnicksTape ‏@KnicksTape 12m Rumored major blockbuster involving #Knicks, #Lakers and #Kings. Shump to Sac, Gasol and Isaiah Thomas to Knicks, Felton & Amare to LA.

This was a whisper but it's gaining A LOT of attention quick? Why would it happen?.........who knows but I'd take it lmao

Once again though, I repeat. There hasnt been a major source to report it.

Paul Gasol on the Knicks? I'm down. That's an expiring contract...for two totally dead weight players.

metrocard

Legend
My Bad .... Melo & JR are going into their 8th season as teammates

How high would u evaluate their tag-team performance as Knicks?
A? this level belongs to Bron/Wade, West/Durant, Duncan/Parker, KG/Pierce
B?
C?
D?
F?

It's because of JR, Melo has done what he can.

Knicks need to trade Car ME lo and Smith asap. Get a couple of first round picks for next year. That class is loaded. Car ME lo and Smith only know how to go isolation - not the recipe for winning. Cut the losses now. Car ME lo makes people around him worse not better. Not a winner and never will be.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I dont understand ....
Teammates are followin captain-Melo's leadership performance

I understand your frustration, but you can't really blame Melo for playing on a team with a weak roster. You can't blame him for Dolan/Walsh gutting the team for him. He has to make the best of a bad situation. I always thought Melo was a killer to an offense that thrives with ball movement. But there really isn't any one else to share the ball with.

I actually think this is the first time Melo has shown some leadership traits. Effort is the one thing that really can't be taught. When a team gives up someone has to step up and call players out for it.

Melo is going to be Melo, but he did get like 12 rebounds the other day. When Zbo put up 20,10 I supported him, so I'm going to do the same for Melo. Those are great numbers. Felton is another player that I don't really want to fault due to the weak roster. The Knicks need to go after a shooting guard and find a consistent 2nd scoring option that will complement Melo. I really think one or two players will make all of the difference for this team. A healthy Chandler and Kmart along with a starting shooting guard and we're back in swing.