Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
Knicks will be 0-8 in playoffs with Lamelo as our 'leader' come Sunday.

LOL

And to think we gave up half of our team to get this celebrity.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Carmelo Anthony has had a long history of choking in the playoffs. He did it for most of his time in Denver, and he's doing it now.

I don't blame him entirely for why the team lost, because Stoudemire should have been in game 3, but going 7 for 23 is unacceptable. And a 3-15 game 1 performance did not help, either.

And what I want to know is why Gay R Myth decided to jack up 18 shots.

Carmelo Anthony has had a long history of choking in the playoffs. He did it for most of his time in Denver, and he's doing it now.

I don't blame him entirely for why the team lost, because Stoudemire should have been in game 3, but going 7 for 23 is unacceptable. And a 3-15 game 1 performance did not help, either.

maybe because Melo was the only one who had a chance of scoring on the Heat...the Heat shut everyone down. They were practically toyin with the Knicks yesterday. Gotta give props where props are due.

nyk_nyk

All Star
But I do expect him to win ONE DAMN GAME.

That right there is the problem with the way you think. You want Melo to take on the Heat all by himself????? He can't! Nobody can do it all by themselves. Even in CLE when Lebron dominated his supporting cast found a way to help him along the way. In fact, the main reson he left is because he too often had to do everything by himself.

You need to change the way you view the game. This isn't NBA 2K.

Papajoe

Benchwarmer
It's over

The point is that any hope for a championship is gone. The Knicks reloaded after gutting the roster and the best they can hope for is making the playoffs. Miami reloaded and are championship contenders. Dolan should have let Walsh and D'antoni continue rebuilding the proper way. Now too many parts don't fit and the team is capped out. We are staring at another 10 year dry period. That's why I say to bring back Isiah. They only fun left is too watch this team become a total laughingstock. They will be there shortly but adding Isiah will bring the hilarity to maximum height.

petescud

Starter
yeah we suck...i don't even think i'm watching the next game. Can;t stomach seeing the Heat win the series

nyk_nyk

All Star
D'antoni and Walsh didn't fail. They were overruled by Dolan and Isiah. Just think, if we didn't gut our team for the selfish Melo we could have waited to the end of the season and given up the same players for Chris Paul. Certainly a combo of Paul, Amare and Chandler would have been a better long term fit. As it stands now Melo and Amare can't play together and neither can be traded. The team is back where it started with Marbury. The Knicks are the dumbest organization in sports. That will never change until the fans stop going and force Dolan to sell the team. That's a long way off so sit back and enjoy the stupidity.

Yeah it was really that easy. Lol at some of your emotional comments. We never had enough to get CP3. If Stern turned down a package including Odom and Gasol, what makes you think we had a chance? Stop the retrospective nonsense.

nyk_nyk

All Star
dudes mad at Melo because everyone else on the team was sucking...smh. Novak couldn't do Jack but shoot an uncontested 3ball. They shut him down easily. Bibby and Davis are way pass their prime. J.J. can't score if his life depended on it. Chandler is all about Defense...any points from him is a bonus. Fields turned soft ever since Melo came to town. He's had plenty of opportunities to help but fails. Lin is injured... just like I knew would happen sooner or later. Shump is out and was never a scoring threat but our Defensive scrapper. Douglas...I don't know what the deal is with him. Jordan is rawer than a skin flick. Amare is having the worse year of his life. Jorts is still in development. J.R. Smith is a streaky scorer but still can help.

Melo is the only one I see out there playing his ass off. He's playing in the playoff this year and last where Amare missed both years because of his injuries. Who else is there to step it up...other than Melo.

If you gonna hate, at least hate for a reason and direct your anger in the right direction. smfh.

This post should be the header on every thread.
+1

Papajoe

Benchwarmer
Melo stinks

That right there is the problem with the way you think. You want Melo to take on the Heat all by himself????? He can't! Nobody can do it all by themselves. Even in CLE when Lebron dominated his supporting cast found a way to help him along the way. In fact, the main reson he left is because he too often had to do everything by himself.

You need to change the way you view the game. This isn't NBA 2K.

We don't have to change our view. This is what Melo wanted. It is his team. He dogged it the first half of the season to get his way. He won't ever change the way he plays. He can't play with Amare. He can't play with Lin. He won't listen to D'antoni. There is a reason he has been one and out in the playoffs for his entire career. Dolan and Isiah should never have touched this bum. And to think, had we waited to the end of the last season, we could have had Chris Paul. Too too bad, but it can be no other way with Jimmy D.

nyk_nyk

All Star

I assume you're talking about Smith. If you don't know why then you don't understand the players on the team and the options we were left with due to injuries.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
For the 3 games vs Heat:
Melo 40.5 min/game, 2 APG
Smith 36.7 min/game, 2.3 APG
BD 17.7 min/game, 3.7 APG

When two major ball-handlers distributed only 4.3 APG, the team is doomed!

Here is something on isolation from Elton Brand:

According to ESPN.com?s True Hoop page, 15.8 of the Knicks' offensive plays this year have been isolation sets, by far the most in the NBA. However, the Knicks are scoring on just two-third of the isolation plays and shoot just 30.3 percent when such aplay call is made.
The Sixers rarely run isolation plays, which is exactly the way they like it. According to Elton Brand, the more different players get to handle the ball, the better the team?s defenseis?

Huh?

"When you iso a lot you don't have that shared responsibility on defense. It's kind of human nature ?if you work hard to get a guy a layup, he'll want to return the favor and play harder on defense," Brand explained.

Brand, a two-time All-Star, was the focal point of the offense when he played for the Clippers and averaged upto 18 shots per game one season. Often, the offense filtered through him on the post, which Brand says didn't look like too much fun for his teammates. Truthbe told, he prefers the Sixers' style of offense.

This season the Sixers had seven different players lead the team in scoring in the first 10 games.

"There is less standing around, you feel a part of the team, you feel the movement, you feelgood," Brand said. "If one guy is shooting all the shots, unless it's ingrained in the team's role, I think defensively it hurts."

Another reason why isolation playsmay have fallen out of favor around the league is because the defenses and scouting has improved. In fact, during last week?s game against Washington, Evan Turner said the Sixers were so familiar with the other team's plays thatthey tried to beat their man to the spot when the play was called.

"Defenses have become somuch more sophisticated. We think we're at our best if the ball moves side toside because if the ball gets stuck on one side of the floor these NBA teamsjust load up," coach Doug Collins said. "Unless you're something spectacular, you're going to take a contested jump shot or you're going to be playing one on two or even one on three if they go boxes-and-elbows orsomething like that."

Of course another reason for teams struggling with isolation plays could be the lockout. Brand wondered if some go-to players were slow to get their legs going with so maybe back-to-backs and quick turnarounds.

If one thing is for sure, says Collins, the defense around the league has been solid.

"I don't know if the lockout had any effect on guys and conditioning. I know the defenses this year have been pretty consistent," Collins said. "I think every night we play teams and the defenses are ahead of the offenses in a lot of ways and that might be because we can't practice."
http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/sixers-talk/post/Isolation-offense-vanishing-in-NBA?blockID=640462

Papajoe

Benchwarmer
maybe

Yeah it was really that easy. Lol at some of your emotional comments. We never had enough to get CP3. If Stern turned down a package including Odom and Gasol, what makes you think we had a chance? Stop the retrospective nonsense.

Maybe CP3 maybe not, but building a team requires patience. Dolan got played by the Nuggets. Jumped too quickly because he stopped listen to Walsh, a quality basketball guy. Melo and Amare are completely incompatable. Everyone knows it but Isiah. My whole point is, it no longer matters what we say, the championship aspirations are gone. It sure was fun beating out the Bucks for a playoff spot. It should be a good race against them next year.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Maybe CP3 maybe not, but building a team requires patience. Dolan got played by the Nuggets. Jumped too quickly because he stopped listen to Walsh, a quality basketball guy. Melo and Amare are completely incompatable. Everyone knows it but Isiah. My whole point is, it no longer matters what we say, the championship aspirations are gone. It sure was fun beating out the Bucks for a playoff spot. It should be a good race against them next year.

Why are you even still complainng about the Melo trade? What's done is done. Walsh? Isaiah?

You need to move on.

Funny thing is, when Melo was carrying the team you were probably the biggest fan and all excited about our star. Don't be fair weather. You must not realize how good this Miami Heat team is. Add to that we aren't better AND we don't even have our full compliment of players to compete.

If you're going to bash Melo, at least do it when we are at full strength and he doesn't have to be heavily relied upon because MIA knows if you slow him down we have no recourse.

CalBunny

Rookie
Why are you even still complainng about the Melo trade? What's done is done. Walsh? Isaiah?

You need to move on.

Funny thing is, when Melo was carrying the team you were probably the biggest fan and all excited about our star. Don't be fair weather. You must not realize how good this Miami Heat team is. Add to that we aren't better AND we don't even have our full compliment of players to compete.

If you're going to bash Melo, at least do it when we are at full strength and he doesn't have to be heavily relied upon because MIA knows if you slow him down we have no recourse.

I am NOT excited when Melo is carrying the team. When he is carrying the team, he is still ISO MELO. He just got HOT and hitting his tough shots!!!! When he is in his ISO mode, he is looking down at the floor posting up or jacking up a shot. He can't see anyone else around him because he has no intention to pass the ball. What a selfish/loser of a bum. Trade him for a bag of potato please!!!

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
We don't have to change our view. This is what Melo wanted. It is his team. He dogged it the first half of the season to get his way. He won't ever change the way he plays. He can't play with Amare. He can't play with Lin. He won't listen to D'antoni. There is a reason he has been one and out in the playoffs for his entire career.

Exactly!
+1
:agreed:

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
For the 3 games vs Heat:
Melo 40.5 min/game, 2 APG
Smith 36.7 min/game, 2.3 APG
BD 17.7 min/game, 3.7 APG

When two major ball-handlers distributed only 4.3 APG, the team is doomed!

Here is something on isolation from Elton Brand:

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/sixers-talk/post/Isolation-offense-vanishing-in-NBA?blockID=640462

The Sixers rarely run isolation plays, which is exactly the way they like it. According to Elton Brand, the more different players get to handle the ball, the better the team?s defenseis?

Huh?

"When you iso a lot you don't have that shared responsibility on defense. It's kind of human nature ?if you work hard to get a guy a layup, he'll want to return the favor and play harder on defense," Brand explained.

Brand, a two-time All-Star, was the focal point of the offense when he played for the Clippers and averaged upto 18 shots per game one season. Often, the offense filtered through him on the post, which Brand says didn't look like too much fun for his teammates. Truthbe told, he prefers the Sixers' style of offense.

This season the Sixers had seven different players lead the team in scoring in the first 10 games.

Well said and quoted!
:agreed::agreed::agreed:

Benchwarmer
LOL, nice.

Melo is a bum.

I think you ought to change your name to "buttonpusherman"!

Because you try very hard to be one.

What gives you the authority to call anyone a bum?

Do you know Carmelo Anthony in person?
Do you have a relationship with him, and know how he behaves off the court? :rolling:

Sage

Rotation player
Really? We're blaming these losses on Melo? What about the other guys we're paying? They all get a pass?

As far as I can see, Melo is working the hardest out there (with the exception of Chandler).

nyk_nyk

All Star
I am NOT excited when Melo is carrying the team. When he is carrying the team, he is still ISO MELO. He just got HOT and hitting his tough shots!!!! When he is in his ISO mode, he is looking down at the floor posting up or jacking up a shot. He can't see anyone else around him because he has no intention to pass the ball. What a selfish/loser of a bum. Trade him for a bag of potato please!!!

I can tell you don't watch many Knicks games.