Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

petescud

Starter
I have a feeling that even though he doesn't always play smart BB that Dolan won't let him go...he'll give him near what he wants

Kiyaman

Legend
While I'm not always happy with Anthony's play, I think I'm more concerned, at times subtly, about his next contract. While I'm not counting Melo out, he currently hasn't shown he's the kind of player for such a deal.

I think he should move the ball more, but I think it's his contract that might make his weaknesses seem worse than they are.

Melo didnt GELL with any of his teammates in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 .. when u evaluate that kind of a top 40 minute performance in the past 4 seasons it spells CANCER .. just like Starbury.

metrocard

Legend
Passes Per Game
Anthony- 41.9
George- 45.8
James- 48.9
Durant- 39.0

Touches Per Game
Anthony- 70.0
George- 70.1
James- 72.2
Durant- 65.6

Percentage of touches that result in passes

Anthony- 59%
George- 65%
James- 67%
Durant- 59%

Anthony puts the ball in his teammates hands to make plays more often than the other guys or his teammates(JR Smith, Felton, Stoudimire) dont always shoot it off the pass from Anthony which is something we've seen especially with the double teams Melo draws.

Carmelo isn't in position to set up set teammates for shots other than draw double team and kick. George and James are in the pick n roll a lot and Durant comes off screens a ton which forces defenses to shift and create more passing lanes

This isn't Carmelo's flaw, but the flaw of the system. Carmelo is more than a capable passer.

People who cry about his "hero" tactics just will never understand Melo has to create his own offense because the lack of screens that are set for him and players being inept to take open shots.

BcMueSYIYAAbgBq.jpg

jimkcchief88

All Star
You can't reason with the unreasonable Metro. No amount of stats will convince haters with an axe to grind. I am just enjoying one of the few pure scorers in the league putting in work in a Knicks uniform...the rest be damned:(

Rob Low

Rotation player
Passes Per Game
Anthony- 41.9
George- 45.8
James- 48.9
Durant- 39.0

Touches Per Game
Anthony- 70.0
George- 70.1
James- 72.2
Durant- 65.6

Percentage of touches that result in passes

Anthony- 59%
George- 65%
James- 67%
Durant- 59%

Anthony puts the ball in his teammates hands to make plays more often than the other guys or his teammates(JR Smith, Felton, Stoudimire) dont always shoot it off the pass from Anthony which is something we've seen especially with the double teams Melo draws.

Carmelo isn't in position to set up set teammates for shots other than draw double team and kick. George and James are in the pick n roll a lot and Durant comes off screens a ton which forces defenses to shift and create more passing lanes

This isn't Carmelo's flaw, but the flaw of the system. Carmelo is more than a capable passer.

People who cry about his "hero" tactics just will never understand Melo has to create his own offense because the lack of screens that are set for him and players being inept to take open shots.

BcMueSYIYAAbgBq.jpg

Don't you know ISO-MELO is the reason for all the world's problems? Take your logic and facts elsewhere sir.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Carmelo Anthony Trade Value (THE REAL ASSESSMENT)

Franchise player or not, we're about to get Dwight Howard shafted....

It's hard to fathom but we have to really assess his trade value now versus the trade deadline.

This team is walking on pins and needles and it's not looking like we're on pace to winning more than 25 games this year. It doesn't appear like Melo is committed to staying onboard if this is all that this team can muster. To be frank, the losses have not been close to legitimize a "feel good loss", they have been blowouts - which means we flat out SUCK and don't show up.

Does it make sense to wait until the trade deadline? We WON'T have 20 wins by then. And Melo's apartment will be boxed up ready to move. Consider his age. He is on the slow decline with last year as the pivot of his prime. It really is. He's not conditioned that well.

Now,

Will ANY team really give up their assets for a player that is leaning on an impending Free Agency under such circumstances? It doesn't help that the Knicks record will be an abomination by then and seem DOOMED towards resigning someone who is looking to address his reputation NOW. Remember his age.

Why would a team trade to lose their assets for someone they can outright sign in a few months.

Knicks front office has to ADDRESS losing CARMELO ANTHONY NOW for PICKS AND COMPLIMENTARY PLAYERS versus NO OFFERS in February versus LOSING him for NOTHING in July.

This team is done. We all know it. It's not gonna turn around this season, the players don't play with a purpose. Soon enough, neither will Carmelo Anthony.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I'd get a new coach before anything. Woodson is a huge problem. This team has had a few key issues, but there's enough talent on this team in which they shouldn't be nearly this bad. They should at least be decent.

petescud

Starter
I'd get a new coach before anything. Woodson is a huge problem. This team has had a few key issues, but there's enough talent on this team in which they shouldn't be nearly this bad. They should at least be decent.

Beginning to be this true. I saw the Lakers/Heat game today, and the Lakers were ahead a good part of the first half. Hey, considering their team has no one aside from Pau and Nick, now that Kobe is sidelined again...and they gave the heat a game. We have better talent then them i think, and we are never in a lot of these games.

We will get raped with Melo, so i don't see them trying to move him. Their probably hoping he stays cause LaLa likes NYC

bigapple

Starter
No way Woodson is done he got no clue how to lead this team

i am sick of him he is keeping JR which is done

i dont know who is responsible for ISO in this team players or coach.

there is nothing in this team

i also saw Lakers Heat and it was everything heart % desire

these young players were fighting

Lakers will win both games with Knicks

and look @ STAT 1st two posessions when he came on floor 2x travelling

right now Knicks have key players injured so am waiting for back Pablo again

i am demanding trade by JR asap

tiger0330

Legend
Good thread. Bunch of amateurs running the front office with an owner who has a history of making bad deals so don't expect them to make any deal that makes sense. I had mentioned in a previous thread that the Knicks need a GM like Danny Ainge and I saw an article that said this, hire someone like Ainge and stay out his way. That will never happen with the Knicks, Dolan has a history of firing his competent managers too quickly (Walsh and Grunny) and sticking with losers too long(Zeke).

Broadway

All Star
Put it this way…..we'll never get close to the package Denver got from us for Melo...

He's been

O.V.E.R.R.A.T.E.D.

Clap! Clap!

Clap! Clap! Clap!

metrocard

Legend
I can't even begin to believe that people are serious with the posts before this one.
Not even worth wasting my time at this point.

Broadway

All Star
Does anyone think we'd be able to get a first rounder (2014) and a decent player for Melo at this point

Let me ask you this question….

If you're GM of another team do you offer up a 2014 1st pick(near lottery region) and a young prospect for a player(not named Lebron or Durant) on a 9-19 team asking for near $30mil/yr with a bum shoulder…. for the next 5yrs?

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Can you all imagine if Chandler and Gallo were here, both putting up 15/5 or thereabouts and we were sitting at 9-19….

ROTFLOLMNOP90X!!!!!!

petescud

Starter
Let me say, i didn't say also a young prospect. Just a decent player and a first rounder...On a side note, no i don't think they would, unless they wanted to win a championship this year, and Melo is the missing piece...

Teams i think would benefit with Melo playing for them and this maybe working out, considering, they would have to think they have a chance of resigning him...Clippers, Suns or Lakers with the last 2 not really having a chance to win this year

I still think Dolan keeps Melo, offers him rediculous $$$ to stay, and Melo realizes he will never win a ring

Let me ask you this question….

If you're GM another team do you offer up a 2014 1st pick(near lottery region) and a young prospect for a player(not named Lebron or Durant) on a 9-19 team asking for near $30mil/yr with a bum shoulder…. for the next 5yrs?

paris401

Starter
unless they wanted to win a championship this year, and Melo is the missing piece...

as u say, wont help the suns or lakers... BUT... u put melo on the clippers with CP3... on a team where its not melo against 3 defenders every time he touches the ball, that's a team that can go up against OKC, and the best of the west... and could give the heat a run tooo...

ofcourse I doubt he will be traded, and it will continue to be a long..long season...

Broadway

All Star
as u say, wont help the suns or lakers... BUT... u put melo on the clippers with CP3... on a team where its not melo against 3 defenders every time he touches the ball, that's a team that can go up against OKC, and the best of the west... and could give the heat a run tooo...

ofcourse I doubt he will be traded, and it will continue to be a long..long season...

First of all let's stop with the Mythical talk of Melo being constantly double and triple teamed on a nightly basis.

We lose with him getting single coverage many nights during the regular season.

For crying out loud Micheal Kidd Gilchrist treated him like the stepfather he wish he never saw.

For the love of chucking this Albatross shot 9-29 against the almighty Bucks being guarded by Middleton and Alawatweedudah…..Yeah who are they? I know that's what I was thinking when typing their names.

In the Playoffs he's shown us he can't do all the damage drumpt up in so many faulty cabbages by fans running with this line of thinking. He has been bodied by the likes of George/Battier/Lebron/Dengs/Jeff Green etc etc…..then you have the Kawhais/Batums/Parsons/Iggy getting they groove on

And you most certainly don't want to put him back out west to deal with San Antonio…..you know the team Melo NutButtmunchers caress as an excuse as to why he couldn't advance in the playoff while in Denver. San Antonio used the Clippers like a dirty hanky last year for your information and Melo solves none of the issues as to why that team would once again be a nightmare matchup for them.

When you talk Melo and Success…...you're talking Melo and Deadends