Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Kiyaman

Legend
we were under .500 when Melo didn't play, I think 6-7

we started 18-5 no 5-18

the offense got stagnant when STAT came back also Melo's knee got injured and he wasn't moving the same

we're replacing 7 players

Kidd- Pablo and Beno are both more athletic and wont fall apart in April/May, his leadership isn't needed anymore
Camby- didn't play
Novak- Bargs is better
Copeland- sucks on D, Hardaway can be that extra scorer
Thomas- will be missed but he's gone

who are the other 2, Quentin Richardson and Earl Barron

our core is still together thats all that matters

and Melo was shooting 46% in the playoffs until he tore his labrum

I mention 5-18 ha ha LOL

The 15 man roster we started the 2012-13 season with to the February deadline only 7 of those players remain for the 2013-14 season .. Ronnie Brewer's 26 mpg as a starter in the first 34 games of the season played a big role in our 23-11 record, we started playing .500 ball when Brewer minutes went down to 8 minutes per game, and Felton's fga went down to 6 shot attempts.

Amare & Camby return to the game the same week, and nothing was stagnate about their performance.
HC Woody substitution & rotation became ridiculous putting Camby & Tyson as starters making every lineup in the rotation a liability when Amare returned. Butt, the famous "Cheerios" put a stop to the Camby & Tyson starting lineup, which u didnt notice Camby was DNP after "CHEERIOS", and the first player traded at the end of the season.

If Melo started the postseason games shooting 46% .. Damn! Melo fell off bigtime because for the total 12 postseason games ISO-Melo have a 40% fg average, which mean Melo had to average 34% to 37% in the Pacers series (yeah yeah, he tore his Labrum and still played 40 mpg, while Copeland, Amare, and Camby was DNP LOL)...

tiger0330

Legend
While both players are/were great pure shooters, the biggest differences between them are shot selection and decision-making. While King had a terrific midrange touch, he rarely passed up an opportunity to improve his position on the floor, while Anthony's biggest weakness has always been a tendency to launch contested jumpers. Also, while Anthony still tends to pound the rock too long in isolation, undermining his ability to better those around him, King either made his moves immediately or passed it off.

The above is from the thread comparing Melo to Bernard King and this video underscrores all the above points. You know Kiya is going to blast Melo if he sees this video. He took a ton of contested jumpers, quite a few off of double teams, you can see where Melo gets his deserved rep as a ball hogging iso player from. If you look at videos of Kings 60 point game and his 2 50 point games he seldom took a shot longer than 12 feet in those games, Melo loves the 3 in his big games.

Kiyaman

Legend

I dont have to watch the video .. Im a Orangemen-fan from way back.
ISO-Melo's Game has not change much from his Syracuse daze .. ISO-scoring ....
Yeah, Melo will do his best to outscore everyone in a game, butt it takes a TEAM to bring the CHIP to New York...

knicksince 93

Rotation player

I dont have to watch the video .. Im a Orangemen-fan from way back.
ISO-Melo's Game has not change much from his Syracuse daze .. ISO-scoring ....

Yeah, Melo will do his best to outscore everyone in a game, butt it takes a TEAM to bring the CHIP to New York...
orangemen fan eh???? you know where this is going, did you cheer when melo delivered them that chip?

CA7

Scoring Champ
I mention 5-18 ha ha LOL

The 15 man roster we started the 2012-13 season with to the February deadline only 7 of those players remain for the 2013-14 season .. Ronnie Brewer's 26 mpg as a starter in the first 34 games of the season played a big role in our 23-11 record, we started playing .500 ball when Brewer minutes went down to 8 minutes per game, and Felton's fga went down to 6 shot attempts.

Amare & Camby return to the game the same week, and nothing was stagnate about their performance.
HC Woody substitution & rotation became ridiculous putting Camby & Tyson as starters making every lineup in the rotation a liability when Amare returned. Butt, the famous "Cheerios" put a stop to the Camby & Tyson starting lineup, which u didnt notice Camby was DNP after "CHEERIOS", and the first player traded at the end of the season.

If Melo started the postseason games shooting 46% .. Damn! Melo fell off bigtime because for the total 12 postseason games ISO-Melo have a 40% fg average, which mean Melo had to average 34% to 37% in the Pacers series (yeah yeah, he tore his Labrum and still played 40 mpg, while Copeland, Amare, and Camby was DNP LOL)...

you know he was shooting with a torn labrum right

at the end of the day though he has to do more for us to win it all, that much we both agree on

Kiyaman

Legend
orangemen fan eh???? you know where this is going, did you cheer when melo delivered them that chip?

u damn right I cheered big time ..
then I wonderded why Melo was not picked first in the draft, we all seen little of this HS player Lebron James other than Lebron's classic take over in the Mcdonalds Games.
The Talk on Lebron was big butt Melo won the NCAA Championship MVP .. O.K Lebron was a resident of Cleveland.

When Melo wasnt picked first, my expectation was Melo will b the 2nd picked because Detroit was in need of a scorer in a bad way. Especially when it was their frontcourt bigmen DEFENSE that help them come back in the first round to win a series they were down 1-3 vs Magics HC Doc Rivers & T-Mac a month before the draft. Butt Detroit selected a Euro-player center Darko Millicic with the 2nd pick over the NCAA Championship MVP Melo, when Detroit only had one SF on their roster they selected the previous season with their 23rd pick a athletic defensive 6.9 Tayshan Prince going into his 2nd season in the NBA.

And if anyone ever watched Marquette in 2002, knew 6.4 SG D.Wayne Wade who covered 3 position well on offense/defense was automatically the 2nd pick in the 2003 draft class.

The 17-65 record Denver Nuggets GM Kiki Vandeweigh was not expecting the NCAA Championship MVP player Melo to be available at the 3rd pick.
When Melo join the Denver Nuggets the team had no system, no style, and no PG to run the backcourt.
So drafting Melo had GM Kiki Vandeweigh in the 2003 offseason sign PG-Miller, PG-Earl Boykins, and SG-Barry, to go with the previous roster of SG-Lenard, PF-Birdman, C-Nene, and C-Camby relentless defense to win 43 games with rookie Melo's 42% fg shooting doing all the scoring throughout the 2003-4 season.
When Melo became a Knicks .. the Knicks also had no-system, no style, and no PG to run the backcourt.
The Knicks 2010-11 system was based on 30 plus minutes performance from HC Dantoni's small-rotation of Felton, W.Chandler, Gallo, Amare, 2nd season Douglas, and rookie Landry Fields.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
u damn right I cheered big time ..
then I wonderded why Melo was not picked first in the draft, we all seen little of this HS player Lebron James other than Lebron's classic take over in the Mcdonalds Games.
The Talk on Lebron was big butt Melo won the NCAA Championship MVP .. O.K Lebron was a resident of Cleveland.

When Melo wasnt picked first, my expectation was Melo will b the 2nd picked because Detroit was in need of a scorer in a bad way. Especially when it was their frontcourt bigmen DEFENSE that help them come back in the first round to win a series they were down 1-3 vs Magics HC Doc Rivers & T-Mac a month before the draft. Butt Detroit selected a Euro-player center Darko Millicic with the 2nd pick over the NCAA Championship MVP Melo, when Detroit only had one SF on their roster they selected the previous season with their 23rd pick a athletic defensive 6.9 Tayshan Prince going into his 2nd season in the NBA.

And if anyone ever watched Marquette in 2002, knew 6.4 SG D.Wayne Wade who covered 3 position well on offense/defense was automatically the 2nd pick in the 2003 draft class.

The 17-65 record Denver Nuggets GM Kiki Vandeweigh was not expecting the NCAA Championship MVP player Melo to be available at the 3rd pick.
When Melo join the Denver Nuggets the team had no system, no style, and no PG to run the backcourt.
So drafting Melo had GM Kiki Vandeweigh in the 2003 offseason sign PG-Miller, PG-Earl Boykins, and SG-Barry, to go with the previous roster of SG-Lenard, PF-Birdman, C-Nene, and C-Camby relentless defense to win 43 games with rookie Melo's 42% fg shooting doing all the scoring throughout the 2003-4 season.
When Melo became a Knicks .. the Knicks also had no-system, no style, and no PG to run the backcourt.
The Knicks 2010-11 system was based on 30 plus minutes performance from HC Dantoni's small-rotation of Felton, W.Chandler, Gallo, Amare, 2nd season Douglas, and rookie Landry Fields.

So you cheered for melo then but won't cheer for him now but yet u say his game hasn't changed much. That doesn't line up

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
So you cheered for melo then but won't cheer for him now but yet u say his game hasn't changed much. That doesn't line up

Kiya understands that one great player can iso his way to to a championship in the NCAA. Not so in the league.

Melo needs to incorporate his game with meaningful team play. If he can do that, with the right pieces around him there's nowhere we can't go.

For instance: Can we see one season from Melo where he averages 5 or more assists?? This would go a long way.

Starks

Starter
Best in the game...from the mid-range that is. With a mid-range game as skilled as his, he easily adds about 3-4 extra years of dominance in the same way Ray Allen's three point shooting still makes him a meaningful player. There's a reason why guys that really work on their craft stick around in this league while guys like Allen Iverson are watching games on TV like we do.

Kiyaman

Legend
Best in the game...from the mid-range that is. With a mid-range game as skilled as his, he easily adds about 3-4 extra years of dominance in the same way Ray Allen's three point shooting still makes him a meaningful player. There's a reason why guys that really work on their craft stick around in this league while guys like Allen Iverson are watching games on TV like we do.

Ray Allen is still the best midrange shooter in the league, Ray learn to let other teammates lead the team in scoring in games so the team could play on the next-level to get to the FINALS. Individual stats in just scoring gets ur team no-where...

Kiyaman

Legend
you know he was shooting with a torn labrum right

at the end of the day though he has to do more for us to win it all, that much we both agree on

Did u know HC Woody refuse to put Camby & Amare in the same lineup throughout the regular season.
Especially when both bigmen return to the game healthy the week of Christmas ....
Do u have any idea of what a frontcourt lineup of Camby, Amare, and Copeland or Novak couldve gave us as a 2nd unit during the season? Well, neither do I? thanks to a HC Woody favoritism toward a 40 plus minute ISO-Melo going for the scoring title as a PF.
However, there were no excuse for HC Woody not to use Camby/Amare/Copeland as a bigman frontcourt 2nd unit lineup to beat the Hibbert Pacers in a series, when Melo was injured with a torn Labrum.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Did u know HC Woody refuse to put Camby & Amare in the same lineup throughout the regular season.
Especially when both bigmen return to the game healthy the week of Christmas ....
Do u have any idea of what a frontcourt lineup of Camby, Amare, and Copeland or Novak couldve gave us as a 2nd unit during the season? Well, neither do I? thanks to a HC Woody favoritism toward a 40 plus minute ISO-Melo going for the scoring title as a PF.
However, there were no excuse for HC Woody not to use Camby/Amare/Copeland as a bigman frontcourt 2nd unit lineup to beat the Hibbert Pacers in a series, when Melo was injured with a torn Labrum.

Woody was unwilling to play guys who didn't have a rhythm

Camby barely practiced
STAT was on a minute watch

its hard to move 2 guys into the rotation at that point

Melo is a beast from anywhere on the court but if he gets you on high block its goodnight sweetheart.

I really hope he continues with the mvp performances this season and leads us to the promise land.

Kiyaman

Legend
Melo is a beast from anywhere on the court but if he gets you on high block its goodnight sweetheart.

I really hope he continues with the mvp performances this season and leads us to the promise land.

I hate to break the bad news to u but ISO-Melo ball-hoggin and poor-poor defense will never let his performance spell MVP.
Prime example .. when ball-hoggin Kobe Bryant lead the Lakers in scoring every game during a season the Lakers have a poor postseason, and Kobe is skipped over as the MVP.
The last three seasons, u could never guess which player on the Miami Heat roster will lead the team in scoring in any single game.
If the Knicks play 10 games guess who leading the scoring in all 10 games? ISO-Melo, which is considered selfish ball-hoggin.

He may of ended the season that way but dont forget that it was Melo that got us to where we are, and out of 10 games where Melo leads us in scoring if we win all 10 of thoses game then i dont see the problem.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
I hate to break the bad news to u but ISO-Melo ball-hoggin and poor-poor defense will never let his performance spell MVP.
Prime example .. when ball-hoggin Kobe Bryant lead the Lakers in scoring every game during a season the Lakers have a poor postseason, and Kobe is skipped over as the MVP.
The last three seasons, u could never guess which player on the Miami Heat roster will lead the team in scoring in any single game.
If the Knicks play 10 games guess who leading the scoring in all 10 games? ISO-Melo, which is considered selfish ball-hoggin.

What about when ball hoggin kobe let them to 2chips and 3 finals appearances

Kiyaman

Legend
What about when ball hoggin kobe let them to 2chips and 3 finals appearances

u left out the return of the master HC Phil Jackson, who put the ball in the hands of a return Derick Fisher to do all the decision-making on offense, where Bynum, Odom, and Gasol all had plenty of games where they were Lakers highest scorer in alot of single games. Kobe was the closer of games, not a ball-hogger of all 4 qtr that made Shaq leave the Lakers, and HC JAX write a book about. .
In those 3 seasons Kobe never went 5 straight games being the Lakers highest scorer in all 5 games .. TEAM-BALL wins Champion-Chips...
:peace::gony: :peace:

knicksince 93

Rotation player
u left out the return of the master HC Phil Jackson, who put the ball in the hands of a return Derick Fisher to do all the decision-making on offense, where Bynum, Odom, and Gasol all had plenty of games where they were Lakers highest scorer in alot of single games. Kobe was the closer of games, not a ball-hogger of all 4 qtr that made Shaq leave the Lakers, and HC JAX write a book about. .
In those 3 seasons Kobe never went 5 straight games being the Lakers highest scorer in all 5 games .. TEAM-BALL wins Champion-Chips...
:peace::gony: :peace:

Your just a very bitter person... the derek fisher decision maker? Yeah right. Kobe Bryant is the decision maker. What are u talking about. You never make any sense, I need to block you smh

Kiyaman

Legend
Woody was unwilling to play guys who didn't have a rhythm

Camby barely practiced
STAT was on a minute watch

its hard to move 2 guys into the rotation at that point

:boohoo: ha ha ha u cant be serious .. u want rythm read this article:

On March 4th, Knicks rally to snap 10-game losing streak in Cleveland.
Carmelo Anthony tripped, stumbled and fell the first 14 min giving the Cavs a 18 point lead in the first half.
Knicks picked themselves up and won without him the rest of the game.
Amar'e Stoudemire scored a season high 22 points on 10-15 shooting without Melo on the floor.
Steve Novak made three of New York's seven 3-pointers in the fourth quarter and added 15 points as the Knicks, sparked by their second unit of Kidd, Pablo, and Camby to win the game 102-97.

The Knicks trailed 52-30 in the second quarter when Anthony got twisted up after catching a pass near midcourt and dropped to the floor. Following the game, Anthony said the knee has been bothering him for several weeks.

The 2nd game without Melo, Amare scored 22 points again on 8-12 shooting grabbing 9 rb with the same unit for another Knicks win.
The 3rd straight game without Melo was a 95-94 loss in Oklahoma City vs the Durant/Westbrook Thunder, Amare & Felton scored 16 points each, and JR.smith had 36 points on 14-29 shooting (best of the season). Kenyon Martin was finally given some playingtime, Kenyon screaming at JR.smith, had JR slash to the hoop 6 times to score.
The 4th straight game without Melo (was without Amare) were in Utah vs the Jazz and Steve Novak & Copeland lighted-up the score board for a 113-84 Knicks win over the Jazz, with our bigmen defense of Tyson, Camby, and Kenyon Martin relentless STOPS.

The 5th game Melo returned, and we went on a 4 game losing-streak, till Melo got injured in Denver vs his ex-Nuggets team (Tyson was injured too). After that incident it was Knicks history ....
When Jason Kidd hooked up with his ex-Nets teammate Kenyon Martin, and the two veteran leadership players took us Knicks on a 13 game win streak, winning 16 games out of our final 18 games of the season to win the Atlantic Division Title, the 2nd seed, and a Headcoaching job for Jason Kidd.

Our Team-Offense that gave several teammates a chance to score double-digets in a game gave us a stronger team-defense by teammates having one another back...

Last edited: