Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

clumsy

Rotation player
I think you can win a Championship with Melo. His offensive-game is Paul Pierce like (look at his midrange and 3 shooting percentages last year, they were excellent). That said he doens't have Paul Pierce's defensive game and if he wants the max contract you won't be winning a chip with him. Not unless we upgrade at Center. Maybe if we got Mark Gasol or Roy Hibbert would his staying be good.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
I think you can win a Championship with Melo. His offensive-game is Paul Pierce like (look at his midrange and 3 shooting percentages last year, they were excellent). That said he doens't have Paul Pierce's defensive game and if he wants the max contract you won't be winning a chip with him. Not unless we upgrade at Center. Maybe if we got Mark Gasol or Roy Hibbert would his staying be good.

Package jr and Tyson for marc gasol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

clumsy

Rotation player
Why would Memphis take that trade?!?! Offensively Chandler and Zach Randolph cannot coexist.

haha Memphis is my 2nd favorite team in the league. The reason they cannot contend is because they literally have 0 shooters on their squad. If they ever got rid of Gasol it would need to be for all shooters and players that open up the court for Z-Bo, which we probably don't have.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Why would Memphis take that trade?!?! Offensively Chandler and Zach Randolph cannot coexist.

haha Memphis is my 2nd favorite team in the league. The reason they cannot contend is because they literally have 0 shooters on their squad. If they ever got rid of Gasol it would need to be for all shooters and players that open up the court for Z-Bo, which we probably don't have.

I don't think they would either but it isn't outside the realm of a a plausible trade scenerio. I think they'd be better don't disregard the importance of jrs 18 ppg. I don't wanna turn this to a trade thread but the trade is balanced

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Sometimes I wish we would just go back to the mid 2000's because some of you whiny b!tche$ dont deserve a good team.
You seriously cry about everything. Melo this and Melo that, JUST SHUT THE F**K UP AND ENJOY THE TEAM.

Last edited:

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Sometimes I wish we would just got back to the mid 2000's because some of you whiny b!tche$ dont deserve a good team.
You seriously cry about everything. Melo this and Melo that, JUST SHUT THE F**K UP AND ENJOY THE TEAM.

Yeah posters were more optimistic about those teams then our team that we have now actually winning...

fender0577

Rotation player
My first post of the season is this crap, but here we go.Melo, please just be quiet, and do what we got you for, put up numbers.Thanks.

KingCharles34

All Star
I basically just ignored this. Regardless of what Melo said, I believe he'll re-sign with us. If he doesnt, thats outta my control. What am i gonna do, go to MSG and start an anti-Carmelo parade?

I might root against him depending on who he signs with but whatever happens happens. I'm just trying to enjoy the present and ignore all the negativity aimed at us by the media.

I all urge all my Knicks family to ignore the media, not get angry over dumb sh*t and just enjoy the season. I recently gotta PS3 and I didnt get 2k14 right away so i copped 2k10 to see how that was. I didnt even bother playing any games with the Knicks. I dont even wanna think about the Chris Duhon Knicks.

Lets just enjoy what we got now

metrocard

Legend
I basically just ignored this. Regardless of what Melo said, I believe he'll re-sign with us. If he doesnt, thats outta my control. What am i gonna do, go to MSG and start an anti-Carmelo parade?

I might root against him depending on who he signs with but whatever happens happens. I'm just trying to enjoy the present and ignore all the negativity aimed at us by the media.

I all urge all my Knicks family to ignore the media, not get angry over dumb sh*t and just enjoy the season. I recently gotta PS3 and I didnt get 2k14 right away so i copped 2k10 to see how that was. I didnt even bother playing any games with the Knicks. I dont even wanna think about the Chris Duhon Knicks.

This should be the motto of our season.

skisloper

Starter

Melo will of course sign the largest contract every given out by the Knicks.....Melo has a huge EGO and loves being the star ....only a fool would not sign with the KNICKS for 130 million and Melo is no fool...
DOLAN will be the fool to offer 130 million because its a safe bet Melo is in his primes and year 3,4,5 he will be well overpayed...

Broadway

All Star

Melo's offensive game is nothing like Paul Pierce. If he played more like Pierce he may have accomplished more with some of the teams he's had. Melo's game like Glen Robinson's/Nique/Benard King to an extent. Paul Pierce has a calculated in the flow of an offense type of game and doesn't ball stop. Maybe earlier in his career Paul did more of it but once he and Walker were broke up he became more of an all around offensive player. Melo's game is old fashioned stuff guys used to do back in the Leave It To Beaver days.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I've seen the light, Melo will only hurt this team going forward.
He's my favorite NBA player and I'll be more than happy to cheer for him somewhere but my main priorities are for the Knicks and right now he does not give them the best chance to win it all. Same goes for STAT,Felton, and Woodson.

And the worst part is he's gonna demand a max contract, never in his life should he be a max contract player unless he wants to actually be efficient. How can a dude who's done nothing demand a Max? lmao

I'm off the Melo-Knicks wagon. We both need a new start.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
He's my favorite NBA player and I'll be more than happy to cheer for him somewhere but my main priorities are for the Knicks and right now he does not give them the best chance to win it all. Same goes for STAT,Felton, and Woodson.

And the worst part is he's gonna demand a max contract, never in his life should he be a max contract player unless he wants to actually be efficient. How can a dude who's done nothing demand a Max? lmao

Thanks for your interest in New York Knicks basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broadway

All Star

Which begs to question....

WHY IS HE YOUR FAVORITE PLAYER?

What about his style of play and game makes him your favorite? Simply doesn't add up after reading the rest of what you wrote.

bigapple

Starter
interesting is such not many ppl r MELO fans point is ie he really 2nd best player in NBA according to
Stephen [banned as Knick] A freak on this board

i see more MELO jersey outside MSG

point is in his game style we see very very rarely fastbreak it means he dont like it? he prefers to pass ball to some1 faster?

comparing his fastbreak to James MELO looks like 37 years old J kidd.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★

What about his style of play and game makes him your favorite? Simply doesn't add up after reading the rest of what you wrote.

He has been my favorite player since he came in the league. His scoring ability is almost unbeatable which leads to many "Put-the-team-on-my-back" moments. That being said, I'm tired of Woodson having no control over him and im tired of the way Melo has been acting.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★

Also his wife is smokin :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Broadway

All Star
He has been my favorite player since he came in the league. His scoring ability is almost unbeatable which leads to many "Put-the-team-on-my-back" moments. That being said, I'm tired of Woodson having no control over him and im tired of the way Melo has been acting.

This is so overrated and pretty much involves a singular quality. Melo is closer to Zero Sum than he is a Put-the-team-on-my-back type of player. There are so many phenomenal(channeling Amar'e) scorers in this league. In about 2 more yrs he'll be a HAS BEEN that NEVER REALLY WAS.