Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Oh yeah and also anybody who calls Melo a ballhog has to think about Harrington's stint as a Knick LOL. He played with heart, but man did he love to shoot.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
That was mentioned on commentary during the last Bobcats game. I like that he stepped up and tried to be a leader.

I don't think he's been playing bad this season. He might feel like scoring the way he did last season isn't gonna work without guys such as Kidd help lead the team.

Broadway

All Star

How convenient he called this meeting before the Bobcats game and not the San Antonio game. Ironically enough the team got BLOWN THE EFF out after the Bobcat game which goes to show his words amounted to nothing absolutely nothing.....

He's a ZERO Leadership

This reminds me of Stephon doing the exact same thing delivering a profanity laced tirade before practice and went off to the trainer's table to go get a massage.....

Kiyaman

Legend
A player meeting .... ha ha LMAO

How bout a player-practice with the basic X and O plays, completing a fastbreak, comunication on defense by calling out screens and picks so our PG isnt stuck defending a center downlow.

The number #1 team-leadership player on our roster is Kenyon Martin, his strong team-leadership in Cincinatti made K-Mart the number #1 pick in the NBA Draft.
Our 2nd leadership player is Meta, and our 3rd is Amare.
The rest of the players on our roster are role-players, some elite at their role, and some inconsistent at their roles.

u dont have to be a rocket sciencetist to know there's something FISHY bout Amare & K-Mart only being allowed 10 minutes of playingtime in every other game. These are two 10 year veterans with the capabilities to divide a lockerroom of players.
Example: In 2010-11 season how many games did it take Amare to get the Knicks players to play .500 B.ball???

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
Melo is NOT a superstar.

Superstars plays both ends of the court.
Superstars win games in the playoffs.
Superstars make their teammates better.
Superstars are leaders.

Melo is none of the above. He's just a high volume chucker. Don't play defense. Don't pass. Don't set screens. Don't rebound. Don't box out. Don't play smart.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Melo is NOT a superstar.

Superstars plays both ends of the court.
Superstars win games in the playoffs.
Superstars make their teammates better.
Superstars are leaders.

Melo is none of the above. He's just a high volume chucker. Don't play defense. Don't pass. Don't set screens. Don't rebound. Don't box out. Don't play smart.
No surprise you show up today.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
As someone said, instead of talking, he should play harder every game, play better D, make his teammates better. Untill he does that, nobody will listen.

bigapple

Starter
more pts in paint less 3s he is not driving +1 scored 3 shot clock vios again.

btw

i want Indiana vs Knicks with 10 Z standing @ MSG.

skisloper

Starter
JR said last year there were a lot of older guys so he could not be the voice in the locker room but this year he wants to take on that role.....sure he will get a lot of respect ....

tiger0330

Legend
Harden has that skill, he was first in the league in FT attempts last year. Uses his quickness in accelerating when he gets close to the basket and defenders reach out to foul him when he turns the corner. Melo isn't as quick nor does he drive to basket as often as Harden.

uber

Benchwarmer
Somebody already said this in the game thread. Melo is the only superstar in the nba who doesn't get superstar calls at home. It's somehow ridiculous to see how he gets hacked at times and nothing happens. I can understand his frustration.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Its hard to understand why is this happening, but maybe Melo should complain more after the game about unfaire treatment by referees, to indirectly influence officials. I know he will be fined and all, but he can afford it.