Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Broadway

All Star
So the guys around Melo can play horrible ball but that won't matter to you, it's all about Melo dominating 1 vs 5 and him doing everything possible for New York.

I guarantee youpiss your pants just thinking about Melo on a good roster and how very little you'll have to complain about. You're projecting other players failure into Melo. It's getting boring now.

I said before the season started THIS TEAM IS TRASH....that includes the players you're butt hurt over trying to absolve Melo from blame. But sorry when we won last year Melo got Hero Worship...now that we're losing Melo is made to be a Martyr...get out of here with that.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I said before the season started THIS TEAM IS TRASH....that includes the players you're butt hurt over trying to absolve Melo from blame. But sorry when we won last year Melo got Hero Worship...now that we're losing Melo is made to be a Martyr...get out of here with that.

wha........what????

clumsy

Rotation player
You know that Melo Mafia signature is making me laugh because it's true. He really is the only player on the Knicks you can apply the "New York's Finest" tag to. JR Smith is quickly becoming my least favorite player of all time. Hell i was reading that Carmelo didn't even want him to resign....

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
It really makes me laugh that anyone could blame that loss for ANY REASON on Melo.

however, can he please make a game winning shot like he used to?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
It really makes me laugh that anyone could blame that loss for ANY REASON on Melo.

however, can he please make a game winning shot like he used to?
This game (or any other loss this season) is not on Melo. It's on the team as a whole, on poor effort, poor performance, lack of commitment/leadership and also poor coaching. Melo's still a part of this team, and he also deserves a part of the blame. So maybe instead of bitching about not getting calls or his teammates not putting enough effort maybe he should rather do something to motivate the guys? I mean, he's supposed to be the damn leader of this team?

bigapple

Starter
worst thing right now its 25th according to ESPN and Knicks lost to Bobcats and Pistons Nets also lost to Bobcats

2 blilionairs teams right now sux.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
This thread is a breeding ground for stupidity.

To answer the question at hand, which many of you clowns havent done, is it depends on what the Knicks do.

In my opinion, our win/loss doesnt matter this year but what we do at the trade deadline does. If we give Melo a piece that he finds worthy he might listen to our offseason plan but if we're not supplying him pieces that play to his strengths then I find no reason for him to stay.

Can you clarify what exactly are Melos strengths? No need to talk about his weaknesses. Even his diehard fans are aware of them.
What are his strengths?

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks need to trade Car ME lo and Smith asap. Get a couple of first round picks for next year. That class is loaded. Car ME lo and Smith only know how to go isolation - not the recipe for winning. Cut the losses now. Car ME lo makes people around him worse not better. Not a winner and never will be.

:agreed::agreed::agreed:
Lastseason, the two (ISO-Melo & ISO-JR) shouldve been put in the starter lineup to see how well they mesh with other starters (Tyson & Felton). Having the two on the court to close-out the 4th quarter with Jason Kidd making all the decision making in the lineup lead to a 54 win season, but now ole Super-Star Kidd is gone, and Melo & JR dont know left foot from right foot to close-out a game for a Knicks WIN.

This is Melo & JR 8th season as teammates .. u can fool some of the people some of the time, but u cant fool all of the people all of the time.
Should Amare, K-Mart, and Meta put this Knicks team on their back to carry it to a winning season, while the Media-Press give all the Knicks success to ISO-Melo, and his 6th man ISO-JR?????????????
:smokin::gony: :smokin:

Kiyaman

Legend
It's because of JR, Melo has done what he can.

Really! what have ISO-Melo done?
ISO-Melo score the majority of his team-high points in the first-half of the game (not a dependable closer).
ISO-Melo dont let his teammates get a chance to be the team-high scorer in a game when they are hot.
ISO Melo dont screen, pick n role, box-out, run on a transition fastbreak, nor does he warn his teammates about a screen.
What makes this so BAD is HC Karl, HC Dantoni, and HC Woodson, puts up with all ISO-Melo flaws, and never put a coaching effort to correct Melo. All of Melo's teammates notice the power Melo have over the HC, so they fear what would happen to them if they called-out any of Melo's flaws. So team-comunication stops at Melo.

Metro ....
if the LinSanity era didnt show u anything, it did show us team-comunication on both sides of the court, where Lin never ran into a hard screen on defense, like Tony Douglas kept doing every game once we got ISO-Melo...

Kiyaman

Legend
Can you clarify what exactly are Melos strengths? No need to talk about his weaknesses. Even his diehard fans are aware of them.
What are his strengths?

Melo's strength are .. u give Melo 35 fga and Melo will score 28 points.
I like the Topic of this Thread ....

Will Melo leave the Knicks ?

A real Knicks Fans response would be, "Im ready to help him pack ASAP, plus give him a ride to the airport with a one way ticket."

Kiyaman

Legend
This thread is a breeding ground for stupidity.

To answer the question at hand, which many of you clowns havent done, is it depends on what the Knicks do.

In my opinion, our win/loss doesnt matter this year but what we do at the trade deadline does. If we give Melo a piece that he finds worthy he might listen to our offseason plan but if we're not supplying him pieces that play to his strengths then I find no reason for him to stay.

Could u name me some peices to put around Melo?
Please, name me some players that are going to run up and down the court 7 straight times to watch Melo be the last one back on defense, and take the shot on all 7 offensive-possession in the 1st qtr., 2nd qtr., and 3rd qtr.

Little did some people know that "Chauncey Billups" was the best player in the Melo-Trade .. BIG-SHOT Billups finds a dozen ways to WIN a game other than scoring...

KingCharles34

All Star
We need all the support in the world, ESPN and New York media is out there right now to assassinate the character of Melo...just like they did with Starbury 8 years ago.

It's been a long ass time since we had a top 15 player on this roster.
Thats a great comparison...I think its even worse then what they did with Starbury. Its time for the Melo Mafia to be back like nothing ever happened

#MeloMafiaaqDwC.png

Get your reps ready!!!!!!!!!

Just playin Rady, we can be the MeloMafia without reps...just facts to back up the greatness of the best Knick since Patrick Ewing

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I was watching First Take, Stephen A Smith said due to the state of the Knicks (front office, management, coaching), LeBron has removed the Knicks off his list of free agent teams.
He also mention Melo will leave after the 2013-14 season and will maybe head to LA.

My question is, why risk the potential of this happening? Either trade Melo now or get a confirmation from him.

Teams that could use Carmelo Anthony

Atlanta Hawks
Charlotte Bobcats
Chicago Bulls
Cleveland Caviliers
Dallas Mavericks
Los Angeles Clippers
Los Angeles Lakers
Memphis Grizzlies
Minnesota Timberwolves
Milwaukee Bucks
New Orleans Pelicans
Phoenix Suns
Sacramento Kings
Washington Wizards
Utah Jazz

This is still Team Melo, but the best for Melo and the best for New York should be respected.
If the Knicks want to waste Melo's time and not build a roster or have a coach who will play guy's minutes who deserve it (Prigioni), then Melo would be better off on a team who could use his talents and Knicks would be better off getting as much value as they can for Melo because the Knicks need it. Our future is dark, no draft picks, not even much second round picks. Grunfield is a crap GM and gutted this roster out completely.

Unfortunately the plan failed so you're absolutely right. It is time to start thinking about the future and trading everyone that has value now. I'd also put Chandler on the block. He's 31 and he's getting more injuries, but his stock is up largely due to our performance in his absence.

I don't subscribe to the lets get a free agent franchise player plan. I think the way to build is through draft picks rather than free agency, or may be a combination of the two. But the Knicks traded all of their draft picks. I'd trade Melo for expiring contract and first round picks. Try to get some depth in the line up.

skisloper

Starter
Unfortunately the plan failed so you're absolutely right. It is time to start thinking about the future and trading everyone that has value now. I'd also put Chandler on the block. He's 31 and he's getting more injuries, but his stock is up largely due to our performance in his absence.

I don't subscribe to the lets get a free agent franchise player plan. I think the way to build is through draft picks rather than free agency, or may be a combination of the two. But the Knicks traded all of their draft picks. I'd trade Melo for expiring contract and first round picks. Try to get some depth in the line up.

The trade that would have made the most sense was before the year started...Melo for Jordan and Bledsoe and 2 2nd rounders

pat

Starter
if the LinSanity era didnt show u anything, it did show us team-comunication on both sides of the court, where Lin never ran into a hard screen on defense, like Tony Douglas kept doing every game once we got ISO-Melo...

Good observation.

bigapple

Starter
This team need PG with court vision and finding teammates look @ Parker CP lawson

this team have no game plan

Woody still is using just 3 rotations

now i see that druging pre season incorrect player were cutted and signed

now if they loose all remaining game on road and loose to celtics&magic 100% wont be playoffs this year

mafra

Legend
AMEN! This is exactly why I felt letting JR walk was the obvious move. More so when Tim Hardaway Jr fell in our laps. I understood the notion that we had little recourse to obtain the talent of JR with our cap situation, and I will even admit that Woody seemed to have maximized the Smith effect last year, at least to the point where bringing him back was persuasive. But, to me, his attitude and off-court antics coupled with his playoff performance would've been the deciding factor for me.

Knicks were in a groove, about to sweep BOS... then JR throws that elbow... After that, he went on a cold streak (much like the playoffs the year before). Based on 2 post seasons in NY... to me, it wasn't worth bringing him back to flop again next June.

Throw in the surgery, the fact he wanted his brother, and we have a mess: And now we have one of the worst shooters in the NBA, throw the first 12 games... And every minute he gets... only stunts the development of Shump or Smith.

Re-signing JR means we'll going to give up on Iman. It was obvious the moment we selected Hardaway that we couldn't move forward with both JR and Shump. We opted to put our eggs in JR's basket.

And, like you said, it's been 9 years and Melo-JR have zero chemistry.

The shot JR took with under a minute to play vs INDY... 4th quarter and we had lead... 20 seconds left on shot clock... and he chucks a 3 from the corner... Just shows you he is a lost cause. Woody is going to get himself fired believing he can turn JR into a basketball player. It'll never happen.