Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Kiyaman

Legend
Originally Posted by Paul1355
View PostGUYS wake up and smell the coffee! We suck and Melo is nearing 30 years old. He wants to win. Not lose in embarassing fashion game after game.

Put yourself in his shoes and stop thinking like a fan...

Play on an A level team with superstar help or play on a C level team with no help. Come on. Money doesn't matter when you play with your best friends that are all stars with you, just look at the Heat.

Ha Ha Ha Ha

Since when did Melo ever show that he is a Winning Postseason player in his 11 yr career in the NBA???
NEVER...

We suck when we run a 48 minute ISO-Melo system .. Melo has never been a 4th qtr. scorer vs .500 oponents.
Melo's slow-ball system always give oponents more offensive-possession than us in a game.
Melo's holding the ball for 6 to 12 seconds to go one on one vs oponents has been killing us, how long does Melo expect for teammates to pick and screen for him when Melo never does it for any of his teammates .. thats why Melo has a career of being a first-round playoff player .. Melo's teammates has never went to the next level for him...

metrocard

Legend
Melo has never been that bad of a defender.
I've watched tons of knicks games. Maybe he'll get beat back door a few times and hes labeled lazy..Yet when I watch Lebron or the other so called "elites" they get beat back door nobody says anything.
I'm not saying Melo is an elite defender but he's not bad on the level of Amare/Andrea

The crazy thing is, statistically last year, he was an elite post defender.
Players scored sub 40% on him in the post. Around 37% I believe.
But you'd never hear anyone mention it though.

skisloper

Starter
I've watched tons of knicks games. Maybe he'll get beat back door a few times and hes labeled lazy..Yet when I watch Lebron or the other so called "elites" they get beat back door nobody says anything.
I'm not saying Melo is an elite defender but he's not bad on the level of Amare/Andrea

Metro I do not think anyone questions Melo's ability.......We have seen him shutdown Lebron .......The issue is just at times he becomes lazy and I guess when you do not have a championship ring on your finger how can one accept that....

Uncle Robo

Benchwarmer
I don't think it'd be fair to call it laziness considering the minutes he logs every game.
He plays while injured, and is consistently worn out with the minutes Woodson puts on him.

I give him credit for motivating this team since his return, doing a better coaching job than Woodson has done.
He needs the right coach and supporting players to get to that next level.

Metro I do not think anyone questions Melo's ability.......We have seen him shutdown Lebron .......The issue is just at times he becomes lazy and I guess when you do not have a championship ring on your finger how can one accept that....

KingCharles34

All Star

I completely agree. Even in Denver i think he was always at least a little above average defensively, the media and puppet fans portray him as being Amare like defensively. I don't know why Carmelo gets the short end of the shaft (no homo). Durant, Lebron, etc. get calls if you breathe on them and they're both considered far superior to Melo defensively

My only complaints about Melo defensively is when he complains about a call and doesnt get back but hes been doing alot better with that lately. It seemed for a while like he would do that once or twice every game. And he occasionally doesn't rotate.

I dont really have interest in pointing out his weaknesses but they're almost always exaggerated. He's a great player no matter how its broken down and most teams would be lucky to have KingMelobury7. I gotta hit you back with some green rep once I re-up

metrocard

Legend
I completely agree. Even in Denver i think he was always at least a little above average defensively, the media and puppet fans portray him as being Amare like defensively. I don't know why Carmelo gets the short end of the shaft (no homo). Durant, Lebron, etc. get calls if you breathe on them and they're both considered far superior to Melo defensively

My only complaints about Melo defensively is when he complains about a call and doesnt get back but hes been doing alot better with that lately. It seemed for a while like he would do that once or twice every game. And he occasionally doesn't rotate.

I dont really have interest in pointing out his weaknesses but they're almost always exaggerated. He's a great player no matter how its broken down and most teams would be lucky to have KingMelobury7. I gotta hit you back with some green rep once I re-up

I think Melo is the only dude in the league who can give LeBron a challenge like he did tonight with the TNT Thursday game vs Miami. Too bad I missed it because I had to attend my grandfather's wake.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Melo was great last night on both ends of the floor matched up against Crybaby Bron. I like the baseline drive facial served by Melo in Brons teeth esp. Notice Spo started having Melo picked off to ISO Crybaby on Bargs instead of Melo. And you wanna talk about crying after calls? How about when Melo stripped Crybaby Bron on a drive in the 4th quarter and the ball went off Bron Knicks ball. Crybaby snatched his pacifier out and cried so long it should have been a tech. Even Chuck and Kenny had to shut up after the game because the crap they could say at the half was "well Melo was not efficient shooting 6-16" sounding like the Melo haters around here. How about closing the game at 50% shooting and those weren't gimme layups like Crybaby gets, but bombs dropping from all over the court. Chuck was just mad his Auburn scrubs blew the BCS title game lol:) anything to add to that 3GDummy or did that sum up Melo's performance last night????

jimkcchief88

All Star
I think Melo is the only dude in the league who can give LeBron a challenge like he did tonight with the TNT Thursday game vs Miami. Too bad I missed it because I had to attend my grandfather's wake.
Sorry to hear about your Grandfather:( It was a great game Melo clowned on crybabyBron 3GDummy will have to find some new material; I am sure Colin Cowherd and the rest of the Melo hating media hoars will drum up something prolly attack LaLa lol:)

metrocard

Legend
Sorry to hear about your Grandfather:( It was a great game Melo clowned on crybabyBron 3GDummy will have to find some new material; I am sure Colin Cowherd and the rest of the Melo hating media hoars will drum up something prolly attack LaLa lol:)

Good to see our young boy Tim Hardaway Jr represent and dunk it down on a legend like Ray Allen, you can tell Timmy wants to be a star in this league, I dont think he wants to settle for being a back up. I watched some recordings of the game and I got to say Felton has played his best game of the year, I know I been hard on him but I hope Felton continues to give us great offensive games with 9-11 assist, we need it from him.

I think Anthony will continue to get hate from these media clowns because he's not a puppet like Blake Griffin, LeBron or even Irving. Melo is just going to be Melo and I think personally thats something a lot of the guys at ESPN are going to hold but will never accept.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Yep Ray Ray ended up on Timmy JR's poster lol:) and JR learned the KNICKS can with his butt planted firmly on the end of the BENCH( a coaches best friend).

Broadway

All Star
No new material needed.

Before Susan B. Carmelo Tone Hugh Toni Douglas Heffner Tony Mike Digiorno's D'Antoni Pizza was acquired by us he's had a history getting the best of Lebron in many games. He's capable of having these type of games but he's never managed to string them through on a consistent basis, he's never managed to play like this as a rule instead of as an option or on his terms, and he's plays like this at times when the his teams are desperate, and most importantly he's never managed to play like this when it matters most.

As many good games he's had this year, he's been equally bad, if not more. He's wasn't going to play 82 bad games in a row this year, we're not going to lose all the rest of our games remaining….for crying out loud we handled the Heat twice last year 1 of those times blowing them out without Meloser. Lody Freakin Do! I'm only concerned about the Post-Season and how far we go.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
No new material needed.

Before Susan B. Carmelo Tone Hugh Toni Douglas Heffner Tony Mike Digiorno's D'Antoni Pizza was acquired by us he's had a history getting the best of Lebron in many games. He's capable of having these type of games but he's never managed to string them through on a consistent basis, he's never managed to play like this as a rule instead of as an option or on his terms, and he's plays like this at times when the his teams are desperate, and most importantly he's never managed to play like this when it matters most.

As many good games he's had this year, he's been equally bad, if not more. He's wasn't going to play 82 bad games in a row this year, we're not going to lose all the rest of our games remaining….for crying out loud we handled the Heat twice last year 1 of those times blowing them out without Meloser. Lody Freakin Do! I'm only concerned about the Post-Season and how far we go.

Just shut up.
Theres no post season if we dont perform in the regular season. We need to find a foundation and an identity. Things dont magically appear in the playoffs.

Broadway

All Star
Just shut up.
Theres no post season if we dont perform in the regular season. We need to find a foundation and an identity. Things dont magically appear in the playoffs.

Agreed but you're speaking as if we have a 23yr old stud in Melo?we don't. Melo doesn't have another 12yrs of basketball ahead of himself, he doesn't have another 10yrs, he doesn't have another 7yrs?at best 5 and in those 5yrs we're going to be massively challenged to best the best, while he makes guiness book of world records salary.

Good Luck thinking this formula is ever going to work as constructed. We don't have any precious/durable materials to build on top of this ever so shaky foundation.

metrocard

Legend
I believe 5 is enough, but I don't see why Melo would resign with the Knicks, the entire organization shows no dedication to winning and we're lucky we play in the worst division in NBA history. I don't think we'll see a foundation or identity on this team until 2020.

everything from 2002 to 2009 we lack an identity, just a lot of gimmicks. But our 54 win season was very gimmicky as well.

I feel like if Melo leaves, its our responsibility to not build a team for a championship but instead build a team to become the next big NBA franchise...we can't have San Antonio being good for the 3rd decade in a row.

skisloper

Starter
I believe 5 is enough, but I don't see why Melo would resign with the Knicks, the entire organization shows no dedication to winning and we're lucky we play in the worst division in NBA history. I don't think we'll see a foundation or identity on this team until 2020.

everything from 2002 to 2009 we lack an identity, just a lot of gimmicks. But our 54 win season was very gimmicky as well.

I feel like if Melo leaves, its our responsibility to not build a team for a championship but instead build a team to become the next big NBA franchise...we can't have San Antonio being good for the 3rd decade in a row.

Metro if not for JR we sweep the celtics....Woody leaves prigs after a superb game on the bench and this forces another game with the Celtics......It is there where Melo further hurts his shoulder , gets no rest and we are off to the Pacers., and Woody leaves a horrible JR to average 35 minutes and refuses to play Copeland against the bigger pacers.........Team was positioned well if not for JR and some stupid decisions by Woody.......

Melo will resign with the Knicks because he does not want to end up in some crap market........We clear a alot of cap in 20145 and Melo will be convinced that we will get players to solely build around him......it will be the 2015 Melo built Knicks and it will be do or die at that time for Melo's career. Just maybe we get Phil Jackson as well...

metrocard

Legend
Metro if not for JR we sweep the celtics....Woody leaves prigs after a superb game on the bench and this forces another game with the Celtics......It is there where Melo further hurts his shoulder , gets no rest and we are off to the Pacers., and Woody leaves a horrible JR to average 35 minutes and refuses to play Copeland against the bigger pacers.........Team was positioned well if not for JR and some stupid decisions by Woody.......

Melo will resign with the Knicks because he does not want to end up in some crap market........We clear a alot of cap in 20145 and Melo will be convinced that we will get players to solely build around him......it will be the 2015 Melo built Knicks and it will be do or die at that time for Melo's career. Just maybe we get Phil Jackson as well...

I don't think it'll hurt Melo's legacy if he stays. It'll show hes loyal and wants success in NYC. For the Knicks if they somehow shed cap and ask Melo to take a pay cut so we can sign some players to get a good team finally. It's really the only way if we're going to do this with Melo.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The Knicks organization should only offer Melo a contract if he takes a pay-cut, develop our young guards, try to re-sign Chandler at a price that fits with his health history (with the lack of good defensive centers we need him), try to keep a couple of older veterans such as Prigioni and K-Mart, and if we're gonna sign somebody who is not THAT young to kind of a big deal, sign someone such as David Lee who is a great and versatile team player and has a very good health history. Even without J.R. and our team looking a lot better lately, I still wouldn't risk keeping Woodson. He's too biased and has done other foolish things.

I do think the Knicks are fine with their guards right now. It's the coaching that hurt the team.

PG- Prigioni, Felton, Udrih, Murry

SG - Shump, THJ

Got a solid mix of everything there, youth with potential, veterans, and very good/great ball movement from Prigioni.

Murry has played well on both sides of the court. I've been wanting him to get a chance since pre-season. Hopefully he continues to get at least solid minutes.

tiger0330

Legend
I don't think it'll hurt Melo's legacy if he stays. It'll show hes loyal and wants success in NYC. For the Knicks if they somehow shed cap and ask Melo to take a pay cut so we can sign some players to get a good team finally. It's really the only way if we're going to do this with Melo.
I agree, Melo's legacy will be cemented whether or not he remains a Knick. First ballot HOF for sure and will go into the pantheon of greatest Knicks players ever if he remains a Knick.

Just wish he would be decisive as to his intentions to remain a Knick. Denver was in a better position than us, he spurned their extension and told them he wasn't staying which allowed them to trade him and not lose him for nothing.

Broadway

All Star

Which if this little winning spurt continues….yet we at best garnish an 8th seed as I said we have all the signs to dismantle. You professionally got to Melo and say thanks for trying to give NYC a shot and making us somewhat relevant but we gotta do what's best for New York and not exclusively what's best for you trying to split atoms on a hair follicle to improve with you here. Where do you want to be as your future comes to a closure and we'll do our best to accommodate if possible. Blowtorch the rest and if H-way makes it through the fire/trade wire a la Shaka/Kanye then he can remain.

The fact our owner said he won't trade anyone(with exception to J.R. as I guess he demonstrated Jeremy Linesque betrayal who's untradeable), while hoping and praying for players of need on other teams(Lowry/Miller) as they want us to give up what we don't have…..means the team will not improve anytime soon and most certainly can't be taken seriously of going far. This isn't Rocket Surgery people.

You're right the 54wins last season was about as gimmicky as it gets(never was fooled) and any little Dattpiff J.R. Smith high we show for the rest of this season will be a gimmick too. I made mention of only post-season will matter as to say I don't whack/choke/strangle it over what happens during the regular season or in any 1 particular regular season game. I'm only concerned about winning, winning every year, and if we're building towards becoming as you said a San Antonio Spurs type Dynasty.

The Brooklyn Nets have won 5gms in a row and are undefeated in 2014 does anyone take them seriously as being capable of building towards something sustainable? Are they built to go far in the playoffs? Will they win a championship sooner than later? Currently sit a 7th seed and they've done most of what's positive without Brook and Deron.

If your answer is no, then remove your hearts with the same examination concerning our team.

Kiyaman

Legend
The only Team-Melo on the Knicks roster are JRsmith.

The start, and the middle of the 2011-12 season prove that as a FACT.
And our first game loss in the postseason games to Miami Heat 100 - 67
was enough proof of Melo's close relation with Knicks teammates.

Our 54 win season with the Old-Heads coaching, disapeared when the Old-Heads bowed out in the postseason games.