Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Kiyaman

Legend
Our record is 15-25 because we have Raymond Felton, JR Smith, Amare Stoudmire, Beno Udrih and Andrea Bargnani as a core to "help" Melo. You're too much of a coward right now to be realistic and understand Melo is the best thing we have on this team and he's surrounded by a bunch of losers....Melo hasn't made any fuss and has been professional about the whole thing too.

Godforbid Melo says something off in the media, you and 3G will on it and say Melo is a cancer to the locker when he's given this team 40 minutes a night of hard basketball playing out of position and being the best rebounder on this team and has picked up his defense and has probably been the best defender recently.

u actually think a career 38 minute, 6 rebound Melo can outrebound ....
a career 26 minute 9 rebound Tyson
a career 28 minute 7 rebound K-Mart
a career 32 minute 9 rebound Amare

u just watch a Knicks TEAM win 6 games out of 7 games .. and then u listen to Carmelo's comment on winning the East best player of the week award, and not mention any of his teammates or use the term we or team.
Injuries to veterans K-Mart & Stat happen real fast after Carmelo's comment.
When have MWP ever been out with injury for more than 3 games????

metrocard

Legend
Metro .....Felton cannot be traded because nobody wants him......However according to your opinion teams would jump at the chance to land Carmelo Anthony.........The assets according to you one can obtain by trading a signed Melo would be huge.........Personally I tend to disagree with you........Ball movement as you see is what makes great player become great teamates......and whether Woody encourages it or not MELO slows the flow down.....Lets not blame it on Melo but he is a huge part of that slow down creation.

Melo has been on teams where ball movement was prevalent and most of his teams has finished top 5 in offense each season.

What's amazing about Melo is that in his rookie season, Denver was a very good offensive team

03-04 - 5th in PPG
04-05 - 8th in PPG
05-06 - 5th in PPG
06-07 - 3rd in PPG
07-08 - 2nd in PPG
08-09 - 5th in PPG
09-10 - 3rd in PPG

with the Knicks
10-11 - 2nd in PPG (D'Antoni era)
11-12 - 11th in PPG (D'Antoni - Woodson)
12-13 - 11th in PPG (Woodson
13-14 - 25th in PPG

Is it a Melo problem, or a team personnel problem?

Melo has a long history on being teams that move the ball well, high paced offenses that finish amongst the top 5 in offense every season.

Thing is, Melo doesn't have to hold onto the ball. Woodson doesn't have anything to give gameplan wise that will put Melo in a position to move without the ball. Woodson always been a poor coach because of this, he did the same thing with Josh Smith @ ATL.

Infact if you look at Woodson's track record in coaching his teams offense, these are the rankings his teams finished in PPG:

04-05 - 28th
05-06 - 16th
06-07 - 30th
07-08 - 15th
08-09 - 19th
09-10 - 13th

That's Woodson track record at ATL. from 04-10.

Do you the pattern there? Woodson has never been a preacher about moving the ball.

So why is it a surprise to you that Knicks have become a worst ball moving team under Woodson?

Are going to believe Melo is a huge part of the slow down creation when he spent most of his career playing on some of the best NBA offenses each season? Why must you lie to yourself like this?

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Sorry no matter how hard you try, you can't undo this....your white flag was raised many posts ago.

Ask a Toronto fan if they would trade DeMarr for last year JR. You already failed by even comparing the two. You're an assclown for even defending JR but acting like a hurt ex-girlfriend over Melo.

metrocard

Legend
Metro in your opinion what team would be willing to do a sign and trade with us for Superstar Melo ?

Any team that is a star away from winning an NBA championship. (Suns, Wizards, Pistons, Bulls, Hornets, Clippers, Grizzlies, T'Wolves, Pelicans, and 76ers.)

All those teams have players that can compliment Melo and be very successful with him.

metrocard

Legend
u actually think a career 38 minute, 6 rebound Melo can outrebound ....
a career 26 minute 9 rebound Tyson
a career 28 minute 7 rebound K-Mart
a career 32 minute 9 rebound Amare

That was their career. It doesn't matter anymore.

This is 2013-14 now. This is the present, come back to it. Accept reality. Accept the facts.

Amare is a barely an 8 per 36 rebounder this 2013-14. He can't even play 30 minutes so he'll give us 4-5 rebounds a game. That's all his body is capable of doing. Amare isn't a full time player anymore so you need to move on and stop acting like he's capable of carrying this franchise on his back. He's a broken player with very little time left in his career.
Source: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/stoudam01.html

Martin averages 7.7 rebounds per 36 minutes this season.and hasn't average 10 rebounds per 36 since 2004 when he was 26 and that was 9.9 per 36. Martin has never been a dominate rebounder.
Source: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/martike01.html

Martin and Chandler are too injury prone to even stand on the court.
Chandler rebounds well, but he can't stay healthy.

That leaves Melo as the best rebounder this season.

You have no choice but to accept that unless you're going to deny the facts once again.

It's so cowardly to avoid giving Melo credit.

Not only he's picked up the slack on the offensive end, but defensively he's covering for Bargnani and Amare for all the missed box outs and rebounds they give every game and your saltyass refuses to give Melo any respect for doing that on a failed season that Melo really has no reason to even give a damn about because no one else is coming to play except Prigioni, Shump, Tim Hardaway Jr and Murray. This whole team is ass but you continue to worship the team and downplay Melo. GTFO

Broadway

All Star
Ask a Toronto fan if they would trade DeMarr for last year JR. You already failed by even comparing the two. You're an assclown for even defending JR but acting like a hurt ex-girlfriend over Melo.

Smith is a turd we all know this and we knew this before we acquired him. I'm not defending J.R. exclusively. What I'm doing is fact checking your outright lies with stats to back up what you said that was wrong. You're trying to stamp down Smith in a large way to trump up Derozan. Talent for talent they are about equal, although I'd take Derozan for many other reasons not named but namely his age and slight upside.

Nevertheless I fact checked your stupid STAR comment, I fact checked your stupid comment on Smith and Derozan, I fact checked your stupid comment about Melo being best player on all his 50 win teams. Unfortunately the Derozan comment may have proved to be the dumbest because the numbers and STAR gaff by you clearly exposed.

Derozan is not a STAR until he makes an All-Star appearance(s). Numberwise, this year he's better than J.R. but he's not far and away a better talent overall or throughout their career. My advice to you is stop looking at PPG so heavily to build your arguments and scramble to find meaningless stats to try and back it.

Now if all you said was you feel Derozan has the current edge and he's on an upward trend in comparison to Smith, that's cool and all. Sorry you said Smith never had a season close to Derozan and you're wrong. You put their whole careers in play.

If you weren't such a douchebag of a poster and admitted when you're wrong, you wouldn't receive so much rebuffing posts from those other than myself.

Anyway this thread put everyone on notice to watch closely what you say....

Check Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself Melo Ds In Your Mouth Is Bad For Your Health.....!!!!!!(Ice Cube & Grand Master Flash approved)

metrocard

Legend
Griffin is a punk

Yea, he's soft as hell.

Look at Griffin's production when he goes up against a real PF.

10eeclc.png

now look at Melo when he goes up against MVP candidate Kevin Durant.

w2dcns.png

Blake is a fake star player, hyped and pushed by the NBA but when it comes to the dirty stuff he doesn't show up. Can't play big against the elite of his position.

Thats why Melo is a star, he plays big against LeBron and Melo ain't even worried about George.
2w21nxd.png

of50xw.png

Blake can't step up his game when he plays all star PF's, only one there is Aldridge.

metrocard

Legend
They're about equal?
Last time I checked DeMarr was a lottery pick. JR wasn't. (JR drafted 18th)
Wasn't DeRozan ranked as the higher talent coming out of high school?
Lets check.

JR Smith wasn't even ranked top 10, and he was 3rd in his position coming out of HS.
He was as talented as Rudy Fernandez. Athletic spot up shooter with some handles.

DeRozan was ranked top 5 coming out of High School and got drafted 9th overall.

Check your information again 3G, you're always coming out wrong and it's getting boring debating with you when you always hold the wrong info. You must be depressing yourself. I feel bad for you.

Fact remains, DeRozan is a scorer in this league, not really my kind of scorer reminds me of Corey Maggette but he's better than in JR. Toronto can't lean on JR because JR in reality is a spot up shooter who's too soft to absorb contact and get physical with the ball in his hands.

JR this season

averages 1.5 FTA per game
last season 3.9 FTA per game(career high)
His career average? 2.6 FTA per game

DeMar DeRozan averages this season

6.7 FTA per game
last year?
5.2 FTA per game

JR Smith is soft, thats why he could never be a leader on offense. DeMarr is terrible from 3pt range, but has a mid range shot and can get to the FTA line.

DeMarr is 9th in the NBA in FTA. That's a scorer. That's something JR Smith can never get close to doing in his career. DeMarr is superior.

Smith is a turd we all know this and we knew this before we acquired him. I'm not defending J.R. exclusively. What I'm doing is fact checking your outright lies with stats to back up what you said that was wrong. You're trying to stamp down Smith in a large way to trump up Derozan. Talent for talent they are about equal, although I'd take Derozan for many other reasons not named but namely his age and slight upside.

Nevertheless I fact checked your stupid STAR comment, I fact checked your stupid comment on Smith and Derozan, I fact checked your stupid comment about Melo being best player on all his 50 win teams. Unfortunately the Derozan comment may have proved to be the dumbest because the numbers and STAR gaff by you clearly exposed.

Derozan is not a STAR until he makes an All-Star appearance(s). Numberwise, this year he's better than J.R. but he's not far and away a better talent overall or throughout their career. My advice to you is stop looking at PPG so heavily to build your arguments and scramble to find meaningless stats to try and back it.

Now if all you said was you feel Derozan has the current edge and he's on an upward trend in comparison to Smith, that's cool and all. Sorry you said Smith never had a season close to Derozan and you're wrong. You put their whole careers in play.

If you weren't such a douchebag of a poster and admitted when you're wrong, you wouldn't receive so much rebuffing posts from those other than myself.

Anyway this thread put everyone on notice to watch closely what you say....

Check Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself Melo Ds In Your Mouth Is Bad For Your Health.....!!!!!!(Ice Cube & Grand Master Flash approved)

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
btw.

Since the Rudy Gay trade

DeMar is averaging

24.1ppg / 5.4 rpg/ 5.0 ast

Hold that, swallow it and digest it. Let sit in your stomach for a few minutes.

When you're finished, now understand what kind of production DeRozan will be at from Jan into April/May.

Not only he will finish with a superior over JR, he'll get something JR has never gotten before, an All Star game appearance.

You really took the L on this one.

3L4L is your new title.

Congratulations.

Broadway

All Star
They're about equal? Last time I checked DeMarr was a lottery pick. JR wasn't.
Wasn't DeRozan ranked as the higher talent coming out of high school?

JR Smith wasn't even ranked top 10, and he was 3rd in his position coming out of HS.
He was as talented as Rudy Fernandez. Athletic spot up shooter with some handles.

DeRozan was ranked top 5 coming out of High School.

Check your information again 3G, you're always coming out wrong and it's getting boring debating with you when you always hold the wrong info.

Care to post what Kwame Brown was projected or Hasheem Thabeet as a talent?

You numbskull we're not talking about projections. We're talking about their actual skillset/talent level in the league and what they've managed to do with it. They are about equal and neither has shown to be appreciably better than the other. Derozan is probably the better athlete now possibly jumping a little higher but Popped a Molly Smith still gets up there. You're trying to create a stratosphere that isn't there between the two. At least not yet.

But if you want to go pre-NBA and once again using your own faulty material against you....

Smith entered the league straight from High School recruited at one point in time by North Carolina

Derozan went to USC

As far a J.R. being compared to Rudy Fernandez as a talent....well one is still in the league and the other is over in Europe, more than likely never to return.

lol what else you got Slappy?

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Blake can't step up his game when he plays all star PF's?

Scooby-Doo-tv-06.jpg

If we use the definition of "Star" from a previous thread according to an unnamed source a...

"'STAR' is anyone who has made an All-Star game".....I'm going to assume recent memory

Well if that's the case.....

Broadway

All Star
Since we like to focus on the here and now of how a player's talent and/or star power is translating..... here are some games this year of Blake vs these power forwards...

David Lee
Kevin Love
LaMarcus Aldridge
Zach Randolph
Serge Ibaka

all but Ibaka having made an All-Star appearance in the last 3yrs

Blake vs Ibaka
10o0fg7.png

Blake vs Zach
a5kntl.png

Blake vs Lee
2ilop6x.png

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Blake vs Love
23kdlzb.png

Blake vs Aldridge
2l9qtte.jpg

I know Durant would be upset that Ibaka is not considered a "REAL POWER FORWARD" and I guess everyone else here is Fake like Blake too. It does beg to question why the Knicks would want to trade Melo for Fake Blake?

This year for sure Blake has showed up and is holding his own just fine against these power forwards. If I had to give an overall edge to just 1, I'd give it to Aldridge. He's having an outstanding year and kudos to him.

Kiyaman

Legend
Care to post what Kwame Brown was projected or Hasheem Thabeet as a talent?

You numbskull we're not talking about projections. We're talking about their actual skillset/talent level in the league and what they've managed to do with it. They are about equal and neither has shown to be appreciably better than the other. Derozan is probably the better athlete now possibly jumping a little higher but Popped a Molly Smith still gets up there. You're trying to create a stratosphere that isn't there between the two. At least not yet.

But if you want to go pre-NBA and once again using your own faulty material against you....

Smith entered the league straight from High School recruited at one point in time by North Carolina

Derozan went to USC

As far a J.R. being compared to Rudy Fernandez as a talent....well one is still in the league and the other is over in Europe, more than likely never to return.

lol what else you got Slappy?

Slow down .. There are a lot of teams right now that would sign Rudy Fernandez this week if available.

Kiyaman

Legend
That was their career. It doesn't matter anymore.

This is 2013-14 now. This is the present, come back to it. Accept reality. Accept the facts.

Amare is a barely an 8 per 36 rebounder this 2013-14. He can't even play 30 minutes so he'll give us 4-5 rebounds a game. That's all his body is capable of doing. Amare isn't a full time player anymore so you need to move on and stop acting like he's capable of carrying this franchise on his back. He's a broken player with very little time left in his career.
Source: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/stoudam01.html

Martin averages 7.7 rebounds per 36 minutes this season.and hasn't average 10 rebounds per 36 since 2004 when he was 26 and that was 9.9 per 36. Martin has never been a dominate rebounder.
Source: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/martike01.html

Martin and Chandler are too injury prone to even stand on the court.
Chandler rebounds well, but he can't stay healthy.

That leaves Melo as the best rebounder this season.

You have no choice but to accept that unless you're going to deny the facts once again.

It's so cowardly to avoid giving Melo credit.

Not only he's picked up the slack on the offensive end, but defensively he's covering for Bargnani and Amare for all the missed box outs and rebounds they give every game and your saltyass refuses to give Melo any respect for doing that on a failed season that Melo really has no reason to even give a damn about because no one else is coming to play except Prigioni, Shump, Tim Hardaway Jr and Murray. This whole team is ass but you continue to worship the team and downplay Melo. GTFO

Woodson is not coaching a TEAM .. Woodson is coaching for Melo's stats record (the man dont know when to call a TIME-OUT bc he's so far up Melo's ......).
Do u ever recall "Meta World Peace" being injury-prone???? Wake-Up !!!

BananaSauce

Benchwarmer
I think he's been injured on every team he's been on. especially his knees. he usually bounces back cause he's a great workhorse.
he's no spring chicken. what are you expecting?

BananaSauce

Benchwarmer
probably from another dimension

cousin
bismack
melo/mwp
thj/waiters
rondo/Pablo

the rest play for free from the prison basketball league.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
i have been gone for awhile and its cuz of this nonsense right here. metro gives props to melo when he deserves them and is having his best season as a knick and kiya still shoots him down and he backs it up with our current record. however, that would suggest that if our record was better then he would deserve his props. but last year he bashed him the whole way and when we would use our last year record as why he deserved props then he bashed him unrightfully so again. good post metro. you arent biased. i will give that much

metrocard

Legend
i have been gone for awhile and its cuz of this nonsense right here. metro gives props to melo when he deserves them and is having his best season as a knick and kiya still shoots him down and he backs it up with our current record. however, that would suggest that if our record was better then he would deserve his props. but last year he bashed him the whole way and when we would use our last year record as why he deserved props then he bashed him unrightfully so again. good post metro. you arent biased. i will give that much

Dude, I apologize on behalf on the forum if you got turned off. This place could really use your way of scouting and breaking things down.

Hope to see you make a comeback, you were one of the better posters here.

I was Melo's biggest basher and I did it better than 3G4G and Kiyaman; everything they say is repetitive and old.

If Melo plays poorly, you get a pass to bash.

That hasn't been the case this season, Melo is better this year than last year.

Last edited: