Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Kiyaman

Legend
I have had enough of this guy and tonight put me at the end of my rope with him. If anybody didn't see what happened tonight in the 2nd half then you was watching a whole different game.Knicks was still playing awful in the 3rd and Melo went out of the game. It was like watching a completely different team out there.Everybody was toughing the ball,everybody was on the same page and the team had chemistry.During that time the Knicks came back and took the lead. They didn't just take the lead they took control of the game b/c the whole team was on the same page and was playing together. Bargnani was on fire and was scoring at will and so was Hardaway jr,Chandler.Then for some odd reason the coach put in Melo and kept Bargnani on the bench and down went the Knicks just like the Titanic!! The ball movement was gone,defense was gone and the chemistry was gone b/c Melo iso was back and it was brick after brick being shot by melo.There is no way melo should have been out on that court b/c the knicks was playing to good.Bargnani on the other hand should have been in the game and its ashame he didn't get to finish the game b/c he played his butt off.The knicks would have won with him and the others that started that run still out there to finish the game.

As long as Melo is here this what we got to look forward to and I am sick and tired of watching the same ol story over and over.I want Melo gone and I want him gone now!!!!

:agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed:
The Icing on the cake .. Melo have to GO GO GO to the next team.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
sy2e4i.jpg

Kiyaman

Legend
Now here's what I posted in the Game Thread last night

Start of 4th qrt
PHP:
[QUOTE]11:38 84-83 J.R. Smith makes 25-foot three point jumper (Pablo Prigioni assists) 11:14 Dewayne Dedmon misses two point shot 84-83 11:11 84-83 J.R. Smith defensive rebound 10:59 84-83 Andrea Bargnani offensive foul (Elliot Williams draws the foul) 10:59 84-83 Andrea Bargnani turnover 10:42 Evan Turner bad pass (Pablo Prigioni steals) 84-83 10:33 84-85 J.R. Smith makes 8-foot two point shot 10:23 Lavoy Allen bad pass 84-85 10:08 84-87 Andrea Bargnani makes driving layup 9:48 Evan Turner misses driving layup 84-87 9:47 84-87 Tyson Chandler defensive rebound 9:44 84-87 Tim Hardaway Jr. steps out of bounds turnover 9:44 Michael Carter-Williams enters the game for Lavoy Allen 84-87 9:44 Thaddeus Young enters the game for Elliot Williams 84-87 9:44 Spencer Hawes enters the game for Dewayne Dedmon 84-87 9:30 Evan Turner misses 14-foot jumper 84-87 9:30 84-87 Tim Hardaway Jr. defensive rebound 9:26 84-89 Tim Hardaway Jr. makes driving layup 9:26 James Anderson shooting foul (Tim Hardaway Jr. draws the foul) 84-90 9:26 84-90 Tim Hardaway Jr. makes free throw 1 of 1 9:15 84-90 J.R. Smith shooting foul (Evan Turner draws the foul) 9:15 Evan Turner makes free throw 1 of 2 85-90 9:15 Evan Turner makes free throw 2 of 2 86-90 9:15 86-90 J.R. Smith lane violation 8:56 Official timeout 8:56 86-90 Carmelo Anthony enters the game for Andrea Bargnani Notice the score went from 84-80 end of 3rd Philly......to 90-86 Knicks with Melo on the bench, we were decent offensively and defensively as Melo left the game when it was 79-75 Philly at the 2:32 mark in the 3rd8:51 86-90 Carmelo Anthony misses 6-foot jumper 8:48 Evan Turner defensive rebound 86-90 8:41 Evan Turner makes 8-foot jumper 88-90 8:30 88-90 J.R. Smith misses 25-foot 8:27 James Anderson defensive rebound 88-90 8:22 Spencer Hawes offensive foul (J.R. Smith draws the foul) 88-90 8:22 Spencer Hawes turnover 88-90 8:11 Spencer Hawes personal foul (Carmelo Anthony draws the foul) 88-90 8:11 Lavoy Allen enters the game for Spencer Hawes 88-90 7:58 88-90 Carmelo Anthony misses 21-foot jumper 7:56 Lavoy Allen defensive rebound 88-90 7:45 Thaddeus Young lost ball turnover (Carmelo Anthony steals) 88-90 7:26 88-90 Tim Hardaway Jr. misses 16-foot jumper 7:24 Evan Turner defensive rebound 88-90 7:18 James Anderson misses layup 88-90 7:16 Thaddeus Young misses tip shot 88-90 7:16 Thaddeus Young offensive rebound 88-90 7:16 88-90 Tyson Chandler defensive rebound 7:15 Thaddeus Young personal foul (J.R. Smith draws the foul) 88-90 7:15 88-90 Raymond Felton enters the game for Pablo Prigioni 7:15 88-90 Iman Shumpert enters the game for Tim Hardaway Jr. 7:01 James Anderson personal foul (J.R. Smith draws the foul) 88-90 6:48 88-90 J.R. Smith misses 14-foot jumper 6:47 76ers defensive team rebound 88-90 6:47 88-90 Carmelo Anthony loose ball foul (Michael Carter-Williams draws the foul) 6:47 88-90 Carmelo Anthony technical foul(1st technical foul) Notice We didn't score a single basket for 2 whole minutes and Felton just came back 30sec ago. The wheels started coming off after the Tech6:47 Evan Turner makes technical free throw 89-90 6:37 Tyson Chandler blocks Michael Carter-Williams's layup 89-90 6:37 89-90 Iman Shumpert defensive rebound 6:35 Michael Carter-Williams personal foul (Iman Shumpert draws the foul) 89-92 6:35 89-91 Iman Shumpert makes free throw 1 of 2 6:35 89-92 Iman Shumpert makes free throw 2 of 2 6:15 90-92 J.R. Smith shooting foul (James Anderson draws the foul) 6:15 James Anderson misses free throw 1 of 2 89-92 6:15 76ers offensive team rebound 89-92 6:15 James Anderson makes free throw 2 of 2 90-92 5:58 90-92 Lavoy Allen blocks Raymond Felton 's 3-foot layup 5:56 Thaddeus Young defensive rebound 90-92 5:50 Tyson Chandler blocks Thaddeus Young 's 3-foot layup 90-92 5:48 Thaddeus Young offensive rebound 90-92 5:43 Michael Carter-Williams makes 24-foot three point jumper (Lavoy Allen assists) 93-92 5:16 93-92 Carmelo Anthony lost ball turnover (Michael Carter-Williams steals) So we were up 4 before Melo came in and are now down 1, having only scored 2pts from Shumpert Free Throws........almost 4min have passed which proves our offense got real stagnant/ISO when he came in5:11 Evan Turner makes three point jumper (Michael Carter-Williams assists) 96-92 5:09 Knicks Full timeout 4:45 96-92 Iman Shumpert misses three point jumper 4:43 James Anderson defensive rebound 96-92 4:28 Evan Turner misses 13-foot jumper 96-92 4:26 96-92 J.R. Smith defensive rebound 4:18 96-95 J.R. Smith makes 24-foot three point jumper (Raymond Felton assists) 4:00 Thaddeus Young makes layup (Michael Carter-Williams assists) 98-95 3:47 98-95 J.R. Smith misses 26-foot three point jumper 3:45 98-95 Knicks offensive team rebound 3:34 98-95 Carmelo Anthony misses 20-foot jumper 3:32 98-95 Iman Shumpert offensive rebound 3:30 98-95 J.R. Smith misses 25-foot three point jumper 3:28 Evan Turner defensive rebound 98-953:15 James Anderson makes layup (Thaddeus Young assists) 100-95 [/QUOTE]
We're officially down 5 and all the momentum is in Philly's favor wheels officially have come off. Notice Melo hadn't scored a single point yet, J.R. scored a 3pt shot and we called a timeout after this layup........GAME OVER!!!!!!!!!!

I stopped the log at this point because the game was over. It's all here for everyone to see you can't talk your way into any kind of defense case for Melo. Anyone who continues to in games like these should be ashamed of themselves

:agreed::agreed::agreed:

If it quack like a duck, walk like a duck, and look like a duck, then it must be a duck.
Woodson's a puppet, Felton's worst than Duhon, JR's delusional
But Melo got to be traded before the Feb deadline .. I dont want nothing in return.

Wargames

Starter
melo isn't the problem.... just like Z-Bo wasn't the problem. The chickens have come home to roost from the 2010 Melo trade and the Billups amnesty. Those two moves put the knicks back like crazy, because they gutted the team. But the chance to fix it is pretty close.

Knicks need to pay him, get a new coach this offseason, and being trying to woo FA in 2015 (its what in theory they got steve mills for). Its the only smart move available to them at this point, and I'm glad the media isn't talking about it as early as they talk about everything else the knicks are planning.

Number3

Benchwarmer
we should give him up as much as i liked him... we need 1st round picks a point guard and a big man that can score n defend... trade every one except Shump, TimHardjr, Murray, Tyler, Prigioni and keep mettaworldpeace for veteran experience

Kiyaman

Legend
melo isn't the problem.... just like Z-Bo wasn't the problem. The chickens have come home to roost from the 2010 Melo trade and the Billups amnesty. Those two moves put the knicks back like crazy, because they gutted the team. But the chance to fix it is pretty close.

Knicks need to pay him, get a new coach this offseason, and being trying to woo FA in 2015 (its what in theory they got steve mills for). Its the only smart move available to them at this point, and I'm glad the media isn't talking about it as early as they talk about everything else the knicks are planning.

Melo is the PROBLEM .. Dolan let Melo EGO grow larger than what it was in Denver.
Melo stay, then Melo BIG-EGO stay, another Knicks coach is not going to make Melo move his fat ash fast enough to go around a pick or screen, or fast enough to go through a screen or pick, or have Melo call out a screen or pick for his teammates (PG).

And Zbo was the problem as long as Isiah or Marbury or Curry was a Knicks.
Zbo & Camby let Clippers GM Dunleavy know to trade them before they put on a Clippers jersey.
Recall the 2008-9 Clippers had a frontline of Camby/Kaman/Zbo, to become a lottery team (LMAO) that got the 1st pick Griffin.

Melo is worst than Marbury, bc Marbury had isiah backing him, but Melo got Dolan backing him.
If Melo yell at Woodson in a game, Woodson would be fired the next day.
Melo is the reason why Woodson havnt been FIRED.
Melo is the reason why Felton & JR get 30 minutes of playingtime.

Kiyaman

Legend
I still dont understand the Billups amnesty to be honest.

There would be no ISO-Melo if Billups was a Knicks.

Didnt u watch the first postseason game vs Boston, when Billups & Stat freeze Melo out, and held the lead throughout the game,
untill Billups pulled a muscle injury from listening to Melo keep begging for the ball, when Pierce locked melo up in the the 2nd half making Melo miss 10 out of 11 shots. Stat had 28 pts, 11 rb, 2 ast, 2 blk, 1 stl, eating KG & BigBaby up throughout the 2nd half. We had a 3 pt lead with 36 seconds remaining in the game, Melo miss shot, Melo turnover, Melo miss shot. Boston win 87-85

Scribbles

Rotation player
Melo has been paired and pampered with All Stars, Hall of Famers, and young talent throughout his entire career.

Denver spent 7 years trying to build him as a centerpiece to be a contender. He's been with Chauncey Billups, Tyson Chandler, Jason Kidd, Allen Iverson (though he doesn't help teammates become better either), ...list em'.

It's no wonder Denver was willing to deal him for young assets. They gave up.

How many more players can we possibly pair with this man for him to win?

The only thing Melo deserves is RESPONSIBILITY.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I have had enough of this guy and tonight put me at the end of my rope with him. If anybody didn't see what happened tonight in the 2nd half then you was watching a whole different game.Knicks was still playing awful in the 3rd and Melo went out of the game. It was like watching a completely different team out there.Everybody was toughing the ball,everybody was on the same page and the team had chemistry.During that time the Knicks came back and took the lead. They didn't just take the lead they took control of the game b/c the whole team was on the same page and was playing together. Bargnani was on fire and was scoring at will and so was Hardaway jr,Chandler.Then for some odd reason the coach put in Melo and kept Bargnani on the bench and down went the Knicks just like the Titanic!! The ball movement was gone,defense was gone and the chemistry was gone b/c Melo iso was back and it was brick after brick being shot by melo.There is no way melo should have been out on that court b/c the knicks was playing to good.Bargnani on the other hand should have been in the game and its ashame he didn't get to finish the game b/c he played his butt off.The knicks would have won with him and the others that started that run still out there to finish the game.

As long as Melo is here this what we got to look forward to and I am sick and tired of watching the same ol story over and over.I want Melo gone and I want him gone now!!!!

I understand the frustration but your anger is misplaced. Melo is the only consistent force on this team. I don't see how anyone can fault him for the loses. We're past the point of Amare even being a factor, so Melo isn't taking shots away from another all-star. We've seen JR's inconsistent play and Felton has proven that he's no more than a back up PG at this point. You can point the finger at a lot of people but I honestly don't think Melo is one of them.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I believe Melo is open to playing that style, with Woodson he kinda just lets players do whatever they want. Melo isn't the only one guilty of this, everyone does it. It's a free lance style of play and personally I'm tired of it.

Felton, Smith, Amare, Barg, Chandler, Shumpert and Melo are all at their best when the ball is moving quickly.

When we sag on defense and slow the ball on offense, we melt as a team.

There are a lot of people playing out of position. Felton is a back up pg and Woodson should be a coordinator of some sort, not a head coach. I think this will be his last opportunity to be a head coach in this league.

The Knicks should require Melo to sign by the deadline or trade him for draft picks. We need to get a young core and maybe sign a free agent in 2015. We should not make the same mistake we made to acquire Melo in trading all our assets for one player.

Wargames

Starter
Melo is the PROBLEM .. Dolan let Melo EGO grow larger than what it was in Denver.
Melo stay, then Melo BIG-EGO stay, another Knicks coach is not going to make Melo move his fat ash fast enough to go around a pick or screen, or fast enough to go through a screen or pick, or have Melo call out a screen or pick for his teammates (PG).

Zbo & Camby let Clippers GM Dunleavy know to trade them before they put on a Clippers jersey.
Recall the 2008-9 Clippers had a frontline of Camby/Kaman/Zbo, to become a lottery team (LMAO) that got the 1st pick Griffin.

Melo is worst than Marbury, bc Marbury had isiah backing him, but Melo got Dolan backing him.

bje8g1.jpg

Yeah let's get rid of the 26pt, 9 rebound, 3ast All-Star player who isn't injury prone...... That will win the knicks more games.......

Sarcasm aside billups was a good peace and they were a few inbounds away from the finals but he got old, Iverson needs the ball just like Melo and he was just as much a headcase as JR (though obviously more talented), Jason Kidd turned old as soon as he heard the nyets needed a new HC, and Tyson is a defensive leader as a center and far from a scrub but he is not a second piece to a good/great team.

The Knicks should wait until 2015 and we fans should just deal with it. Its been the foregone conclusion since the Melo trade and billups Amnesty deal that the knicks would be scrambling for pieces until Amare and Tyson (And now Barg) came off the books. This season is just the chickens coming home to roost on the those bad trade/amnesty moves.

The last thing we need them to do is try to fix this season and only make **** worse like they have done sooooo many times. Same goes for Melo, he isn't the problem, the "team" is the problem. The ****ty PG play is the problem!, the switching on defense is the problem, the fact that the offense is basically iso or a hail Mary 3 is the problem!. Or that the management gave up all those picks at the same time knowing they would need players to replace the assets they gave to denver.

Last edited:

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I understand the frustration but your anger is misplaced. Melo is the only consistent force on this team. I don't see how anyone can fault him for the loses. We're past the point of Amare even being a factor, so Melo isn't taking shots away from another all-star. We've seen JR's inconsistent play and Felton has proven that he's no more than a back up PG at this point. You can point the finger at a lot of people but I honestly don't think Melo is one of them.

Melo is nothing but another AI with the sixers. AI scored at will and put up monster numbers but did that ever help his team? No it didn't.. He finished his NBA career with no rings and the only reason that kept him winning a ring was b/c he was a Me,Myself and I guy. That's exactly what Melo is today! Anybody can put up huge numbers and pad their stats BUT if you want to win a ring then you need to include your teammates in every game. Melo has already went to far in his career to even think about changing his game.He cannot change who he is b/c that's who he is. Well I have seen a lot of players come into the nba thinking im the guy and I don't need no help and they all have ZERO rings.I have nothing against Melo,he is probably a great guy but his basketball style will drive any true fan of the team he is playing on crazy.His style can't win and will never win titles and I am tired of watching the same old story every game happen.Its time for him and the Knicks to part ways. I wish him nothing but the best but I don't want him in a Knicks jersey.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Now here's what I posted in the Game Thread last night

Start of 4th qrt

I stopped the log at this point because the game was over. It's all here for everyone to see you can't talk your way into any kind of defense case for Melo. Anyone who continues to in games like these should be ashamed of themselves

Great post man..That says it all right there!!

metrocard

Legend

I think you're depressed.

metrocard

Legend
View attachment 494

Yeah let's get rid of the 26pt, 9 rebound, 3ast All-Star player who isn't injury prone...... That will win the knicks more games.......

Sarcasm aside billups was a good peace and they were a few inbounds away from the finals but he got old, Iverson needs the ball just like Melo and he was just as much a headcase as JR (though obviously more talented), Jason Kidd turned old as soon as he heard the nyets needed a new HC, and Tyson is a defensive leader as a center and far from a scrub but he is not a second piece to a good/great team.

The Knicks should wait until 2015 and we fans should just deal with it. Its been the foregone conclusion since the Melo trade and billups Amnesty deal that the knicks would be scrambling for pieces until Amare and Tyson (And now Barg) came off the books. This season is just the chickens coming home to roost on the those bad trade/amnesty moves.

The last thing we need them to do is try to fix this season and only make **** worse like they have done sooooo many times. Same goes for Melo, he isn't the problem, the "team" is the problem. The ****ty PG play is the problem!, the switching on defense is the problem, the fact that the offense is basically iso or a hail Mary 3 is the problem!. Or that the management gave up all those picks at the same time knowing they would need players to replace the assets they gave to denver.

Well said, couldn't have said it better.