Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Broadway

All Star
Thanks brother that means a lot.. I didn't want to say anything but had to b/c of my spelling and grammer. As far as metro goes I have and never had no problem with the guy.I just can't understand why he has to go and start name calling? we are having a conversation here and and there's no need to drop as low as he does to try to look cool or something.I found out who he really is yesterday and its sad that a person has so much hate in his body.I know one thing I am going to do in the morning when I go to church.I will say a special prayer for Metro,b/c I know there is a good hearted person in there some where.I know once he reads this he will come and bad mouth me but I will look over that b/c I don't hate nobody and that includes Metro.

Back to the subject I got to thinking lastnight yes you are right Melo does need praised for lastnight game.I know Melo is very talented and he showed that last night with his 62 points. I just wish he would use every bit of his talent on the floor. Everybody can score in the nba but there are few players that can do EVERYTHING.Melo is one of those players and it makes me mad when I watch him not playing to the ability that he can. He could go down as one of the greatest of all time but but his ego is keeping him from doing that.

Fans just don't know how keep a level head about NBA performances. Here's another case that makes the Firm which we represent strong...

Does anyone remember what Deron Williams did 2yrs ago?

Here's what he did....

38min 16-29fg, 4-11fg(3pt), 21-21FTA, 6reb, 7ast, 1stl, 1blk, 57pts

What makes this performance more comical, he did it to the BOBCATS and D-Will is by no means known as a scorer/chucker.

I bet not 1 Knick fan remembered he put on this performance. Heck not even I did, until I found this stat highlighted on another forum. Funny Stuff...I have more to unload filed away in my Internet Dewey Decimal System

smokes

Huge Member
Melo had 13 rebounds and held his opponent to 4 points to the entire night.

So what do you exactly mean that you wish he would do everything? Melo scored (62 points, godlike scoring performance in NBA history, rebounded(13) and defense(MKG had 4 points).

He's done those things all year.

27 ppg
9 rebounds
good defense all year long.

You're a fool for the things you write, you're insulting yourself by throwing yourself out there like that. Your post are fueled from emotions than facts.
You make these things up like Melo has an ego? LOL...trust me son, if Melo had an ego; he would of been calling out of people out on this team. Melo has been nothing but a professional the entire time.

We got Melo here knowing that he would average 23-25 ppg. He's given us more than that and you're not thankful.

You don't deserve Melo.
I don't even think you deserve the Knicks, with how bad they been...when the good does come you don't appreciate. You, 3G4G and Kiyaman have been the worst fans because you guys aren't even good pessimist. You go off in different tangents that lack facts and go on this emotional tirade against one player who has very little flaws.

Just stop wasting your fine being a fan if a historic performance like this can't make you happy and make you eat your own words happily because thats what you should be doing. This thread is a big fail and you should hold that and not say "Melo's 62 point, 13 rebound, great defensive and 0 turnover performance didn't change my stance on him".

That's EGO.
Not even the best Knicks performance at MSG doesn't change your stance on Melo.
You have the EGO.
You refuse to let go of this emotional position you're holding on to with Melo and gave up being a Knicks fan. You failed yourself man and it's sad.

Kiyaman, 3G4G who are on my ignore list are lost causes. It takes a real man to admit when he's wrong and you're not acting manly about this one bit.

Although Melo's performance is well worthy of praise, there's some inaccuracies in this post, and also some potential downside from his epic performance.

First off, Melo's defense. Claiming good defense because he held Kidd-Gilchrist to 4 points is ridiculous. MKG is one of the worst offensive players there is in the NBA.

Claiming Melo has played good D all year is also stretching things a bit. Melo's failure to get back on defense regularly, most notably while he's complaining to an official about not receiving a foul call, compounds the Knicks terrible defensive switching and usually leads to open 3's and allowing other teams to go on runs/kill off our own runs.

Positives from this performance are an increase in Melo's trade value (biggest one), giving some hope back to the fans, perhaps giving the Knicks some fire too.

Negatives are the cementing of his value as a max contract player which could kill this teams flexibility for years to come this summer if we sign him to the max. Also the Knicks really need to get back to those team wins they had on their streak where Shump gets active and we need to bring Tyson into the fold too. That's if we care about this season at all, which to be honest can be pretty much thrown out at this point.

There's no question that Melo is one of the top talents in the NBA, and with the right pieces around him could be an MVP/Championship calibre player. However, the Knicks don't have the right pieces around him, and given the contracts we have on the books next year, nothing is going to change in that regard.

IF the Knicks sign Melo to the max they are going to need to do some incredibly savvy trades, drafting and player development to get a workable roster built around Melo. Since you can pretty much throw out this year and next, that gives leads us to the 2015/16 season where we might have a good team built around an aging star. Not a situation I'd want the Knicks in personally.

Broadway

All Star
Fans just don't know how keep a level head about NBA performances. Here's another case that makes the Firm which we represent strong...

Does anyone remember what Deron Williams did 2yrs ago?

Here's what he did....

38min 16-29fg, 4-11fg(3pt), 21-21FTA, 6reb, 7ast, 1stl, 1blk, 57pts

What makes this performance more comical, he did it to the BOBCATS and D-Will is by no means known as a scorer/chucker.

I bet not 1 Knick fan remembered he put on this performance. Heck not even I did, until I found this stat highlighted on another forum. Funny Stuff...I have more to unload filed away in my Internet Dewey Decimal System

No Terrence "I'M AS GOOD AS VINCE CARTER" Ross didn't just drop 51pts.....

On the Contending Los Angeles Clippers tonight...Please tell me I'm seeing things. Please tell me he didn't just do this in light of discussing offensive performances.

Is Terrence Ross even a legit starter in this league? I guess the Raptors should trade Derozan and build around Ross going forward he may end up being as good as Vince Carter...he already has a Dunk Out Championship in hand.

I REST MY CASE!!!!

Last edited:

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Although Melo's performance is well worthy of praise, there's some inaccuracies in this post, and also some potential downside from his epic performance.

First off, Melo's defense. Claiming good defense because he held Kidd-Gilchrist to 4 points is ridiculous. MKG is one of the worst offensive players there is in the NBA.

Claiming Melo has played good D all year is also stretching things a bit. Melo's failure to get back on defense regularly, most notably while he's complaining to an official about not receiving a foul call, compounds the Knicks terrible defensive switching and usually leads to open 3's and allowing other teams to go on runs/kill off our own runs.

Positives from this performance are an increase in Melo's trade value (biggest one), giving some hope back to the fans, perhaps giving the Knicks some fire too.

Negatives are the cementing of his value as a max contract player which could kill this teams flexibility for years to come this summer if we sign him to the max. Also the Knicks really need to get back to those team wins they had on their streak where Shump gets active and we need to bring Tyson into the fold too. That's if we care about this season at all, which to be honest can be pretty much thrown out at this point.

There's no question that Melo is one of the top talents in the NBA, and with the right pieces around him could be an MVP/Championship calibre player. However, the Knicks don't have the right pieces around him, and given the contracts we have on the books next year, nothing is going to change in that regard.

IF the Knicks sign Melo to the max they are going to need to do some incredibly savvy trades, drafting and player development to get a workable roster built around Melo. Since you can pretty much throw out this year and next, that gives leads us to the 2015/16 season where we might have a good team built around an aging star. Not a situation I'd want the Knicks in personally.

The knicks would be crazy to sign him to a max deal. This team needs PLAYERS not just a player to get back in the playoffs on a regular basis .You can't win a championship with just one player.. you need 15 players that's on the same page and works well with each other.I haven't seen players atleast be on the same page since he got here. I really think the players that we traded off was going to make the knicks a decent team for years but it all went down the drain when they traded for Melo.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
It doesn't matter who it is, Melo did his job on defense which doesn't make it ridiculous. You guys acted like Melo had a one dimensional game, which is 100% false.

So you mention one thing Melo has done a couple of times and now he's a bad defender? Melo this season has given his best post defense and last year was good. You act like players on this team get back on defense when no one single person on this team does it. Not even Kenyon Martin who's suppose to be our best defender. Invalid point.

Who said anything Melo getting the max? You're talking to yourself here.

The rest of your 3 paragraphs don't mean anything because I never mention anything about Melo getting the max.

if Melo wants to win, he'll do what LeBron did and take a pay cut so Knicks can get room to sign good players.
It's pretty obvious Knicks can't assemble a good team if Melo get the max...let's think beyond the obvious.

metrocard

Legend
This isn't an issue of whether Melo will get the max or not, this is an issue where you guys refuse to respect what Melo has given to this franchise. It's killing the whole vibe. We don't have many positives about this franchise and the only positive thing you guys make it rotten.

It's lame.

I know Melo's flaws and he ain't perfect.
I don't want Melo to get the max, I want a good team.
However, I do want to see Melo win a championship in NY.

I think if Melo ever wins a championship in NY, people like Kiyaman, 3G and other Melo haters would feel more hatred than love. It's that bad with them. They rather Knicks win nothing with Melo just so they can feel right about their feelings.

It's the saddest thing right now.

smokes

Huge Member
Those comments about Melo getting the max weren't directed at your post, just general thoughts on the matter. But if you think Melo having a game like this isn't going to inflate his value then that's deluded.

As far as defensively, yeah I would state Melo is one of the worst culprits of not getting back on D enough. Obviously the worst culprit defensively on this team is Felton but I'd place Melo pretty high on the list too. It's not something that's happened a couple of times... A couple of times per game maybe. It's no secret we have a pretty dreadful defensive team outside of Tyson and Shump but Melo is a good defender when he wants to be which is why it's sad that he doesn't commit to it.

You're putting me in the mold of "you guys" when this is the first criticism of Melo I've had to voice in this thread or on these forums for months, at the end of the day the performance just didn't do much for me as a Knicks fan. In terms of a personal performance it was great but I don't see it really doing much if anything for our team, and potentially a thing like this could hurt us when Jimmy Dolan shoves 20mil a year in Melo's face in the offseason.

Rob Low

Rotation player
No Terrence "I'M AS GOOD AS VINCE CARTER" Ross didn't just drop 51pts.....

On the Contending Los Angeles Clippers tonight...Please tell me I'm seeing things. Please tell me he didn't just do this in light of discussing offensive performances.

Is Terrence Ross even a legit starter in this league? I guess the Raptors should trade Derozan and build around Ross going forward he may end up being as good as Vince Carter...he already has a Dunk Out Championship in hand.

I REST MY CASE!!!!

You're getting desperate bro. You're seriously sitting here trying to discredit a 62 point 13 rebound game with 0 turnovers and great efficiency that lead to a 30 point win. Give credit where credit is due.

CoolClyde

the Melo Max argument is subjective because no one knows what he will do. the smart thing, as Metrocard pointed out, is to take a little less cash to get another superstar or 2 to help him out, most probably a point guard who will visualize the same thing: NBA championship in NYC. he's already said it was a smart thing the cHeat did, will he attempt the same with this team, or conspire with CP3 or whomever on another squad? or will he just go for the big bucks? the sad thing is the Knicks are managed by a complete idiot with no basketball or business sense, so no matter what Melo does, the NYKFO is most likely to f*ck up our chances to build a team around Carmelo, given the fact our draft picks have disappeared faster than a fart in a fan factory.

read this and weep:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1934735-where-did-all-the-ny-knicks-draft-picks-go

Kiyaman

Legend
The Isiah syndrome has left deep scars on some fans, otherwise I wouldn't know how to explain all the Melo hate after he single handedly masterminded and executed the single best performance in Knicks history.
You *******s don't deserve a player like Melo, greatness makes you uncomfortable. You are products of futility and can't see what's so obvious a blind man would. The only fault Melo has is to be surrounded with junk.
I hope he leaves, that way you realize what a joke of team we are without Melo.

u got it backwards .. the Isiah era have Knicks fans learning from past mistakes.

Ego-Marbury & Crawful = Ego-Melo & JRsmith

5 Game losing-streak ....
We all read the Knicks news (at least some of us) of Knicks players announcing their disgust of the 5 straight losses, which so many sports analyst evaluated the Knicks as a "NO TEAM BALL" situation.

5 Game Winning-streak ....
We have 4 players who were a big-part of our 5 game win-streak to start the New Year.
One of the 4 player ask to be traded, and the other 3 came down with the fastest (flu) injuries known to man to get out of the Knicks rotation. Call it mutiny or injuries, or whatever .. But the 5 game losing streak was a FACT.

And all the real Knicks-Fans know it has been hard to watch the Knicks 43 games without changing the channel during each game. Melo's outstanding performance of scoring 62 points, and grabing 13 rebounds in 40 minutes of action did nothing to solve the overall problem of same-page team-ball on both ends of the court.

The Raptors 2nd season SF Terrence Ross scoring 51 points, and grabbing 9 rebounds -vs- the Clippers, says a lot bout high-scorers, and a headcoach letting a 2nd season player who average only 7 fga per game in his two season get the GREEN-LIGHT when his shots keep dropping in the basket. Make notes for (Puppet) Mike Woodson.

Wargames

Starter
Knicks just got to stop doing f*cking trades and let everyone come off the cap and rebuild around Melo. Dude is an elite scorer who isn't even a columns scorer most the time. I still say that he is in a lot of ways like dirk who needed a complete team to win it all in 2010. Sh*t JR playing for a contract was enough help for Melo to lead the knicks to a 54 win season. Knicks just need to get Melo some help and not over think this. 2015 will be there only chance (cause honestly melo won't last until the next great FA class) to get him that help.

Kiyaman

Legend
Welcome to my ignore list bro....its gotten to the point that you're hopeless.

All this negativity and mindless pessimism is unhealthy for you.

Being a fan is about celebrating and love, not discrediting and hate. You seem to come here more for the brutality part of being a fan.

I'm realistic as they get and I will bash any Knick when it's deserved. But after the greatest performance in MSG history you choose to hate on the bes player we've had in almost two decades, you don't deserve my attention.

It's not even funny anymore.

3G4G and Kiyaman, adios forever until you guys stop being clowns around these boards.

Metro .... who's the real Knicks-Fan?

u bash the the entire Knicks organization except Carmelo Anthony.
I Bash Marbury & Crawful for not allowing 13 Knicks players to be apart of the game.
I Bash Carmelo Anthony & JRsmith for not allowing 13 Knicks players to be apart of the game.

We watch Marbury get several headcoaches Fired for letting Marbury be Starbury.
So far Carmelo Anthony got one headcoach FIRED, and is working on the 2nd headcoach to be FIRED for letting Carmelo be ISO-Melo.

Make some sense of this?

CoolClyde

Metro .... who's the real Knicks-Fan?

u bash the the entire Knicks organization except Carmelo Anthony.
I Bash Marbury & Crawful for not allowing 13 Knicks players to be apart of the game.
I Bash Carmelo Anthony & JRsmith for not allowing 13 Knicks players to be apart of the game.

We watch Marbury get several headcoaches Fired for letting Marbury be Starbury.
So far Carmelo Anthony got one headcoach FIRED, and is working on the 2nd headcoach to be FIRED for letting Carmelo be ISO-Melo.

Make some sense of this?

hmm, Kiya actually makes sense from that perspective.

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks just got to stop doing f*cking trades and let everyone come off the cap and rebuild around Melo. Dude is an elite scorer who isn't even a columns scorer most the time. I still say that he is in a lot of ways like dirk who needed a complete team to win it all in 2010. Sh*t JR playing for a contract was enough help for Melo to lead the knicks to a 54 win season. Knicks just need to get Melo some help and not over think this. 2015 will be there only chance (cause honestly melo won't last until the next great FA class) to get him that help.

that sounds all good .. what ur forgettin is Melo build a cancer rumor around himself, that decent veteran players want no part of being Melo's teammate. I dont remember MWP ever being injury-prone, or out this many games to a injury. Plus Melo's not a 4th quarter player .. he have ARod written all over him

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Yo y'all cry to damn much. As a New Yorker and a Knick fan it's sad to see some of you not give credit to best scoring performance in MSG history. Not to mention the best scoring performance since Kobe in 06. You guys are clowns bro. This thread shouldn't even exist.
Way to much negativity from this site where's my true New Yorkers at bruh????

Broadway

All Star
You're getting desperate bro. You're seriously sitting here trying to discredit a 62 point 13 rebound game with 0 turnovers and great efficiency that lead to a 30 point win. Give credit where credit is due.

Nope but without a doubt no one will think anything more of Ross 51pt performance. Matter of fact I'd wager to say no one knows where Ross was drafted without looking it up.

Remember how up in arms some Knick fans were when Brnadon Jennings dropped 55pts in like his 12th game of the season or thereabouts lamenting not drafting him? You see how far individuals can go with scoring performances, if they aren't kept in perspective?

George M.

Benchwarmer
It was the worst performance from a team that has been crying (16-27) to gain TEAM-CHEMISTRY on offense from multiple scorers, plus lost 5 straight games in a row from having poor TEAM-DEFENSIVE switching.

A player who shot 39% throughout 42 games, shot 67% from the fg in the Knicks 43 game of the season. WHY?
It cant be because all the VETERAN-FOWARDS are doing the samething they did last year, out with the flu or some reason not to play (Individual B.Ball) LOL.

You're kidding right?...Did we see the same game? If you're an Old school guy like I think you are, I saw chemistry and cohesion on both sides of the floor that night...I still have the game on my DVR and I've watched it twice.. anyway they played old school ball. Melo passed out of double teams and I did see the ball move around and Melo's teammates knew Melo was hotter than a frying pan filled with rattlesnakes. if I remember correctly in old school times the hot player always got fed the ball. If you want to blame Woodson for this terrible season which I do... he kept his hot player in the game and fed him the ball. Too many times this season I've seen Woodson take Melo or anyone else who was hot out of the game before they cooled off or were double/triple teamed to get the ball out of their hands. he didn't do it this time and you saw the results. If he stays with this mindset the team should improve this season. As far as your Melo hate goes I think you don't watch the games closely enough or you just don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited:

George M.

Benchwarmer
Agreed. Probably the biggest difference from a 54 win season and this tragedy is that JR smith has gone from a 18 ppg consistent 2nd option to nothing.

Melo last year had JR come in a light it up and take over games, for most of the season he was the 2nd option we were hoping for. In the playoffs he failed and this season he has failed.

Also Felton is an x factor, when he plays like a elgit PG we win, when he doesnt (most of the time) we suck because the PG is the quarterback of the offense and he is the worst starting PG in the NBA.

replace Felton and JR with Pablo and Hardaway and watch the ball go into the basket.

I totally agree with this. Felton should be pick-n-rolling with Amare' off the bench.

metrocard

Legend
hmm, Kiya actually makes sense from that perspective.

Cool, you're a not a bright guy if think that makes sense.

Marbury and Melo aren't even in the same caliber and I'm the biggest Marbury fan you can find in the world.

Stop quoting Kiyaman because he's on my ignore list for a reason. 99% of his post have been full of ish the last year. He's gone from one of the best posters into the most sinenial.

Yo y'all cry to damn much. As a New Yorker and a Knick fan it's sad to see some of you not give credit to best scoring performance in MSG history. Not to mention the best scoring performance since Kobe in 06. You guys are clowns bro. This thread shouldn't even exist.
Way to much negativity from this site where's my true New Yorkers at bruh????

These dudes have egos.
They want to look right.
They don't want to eat their crow.
They will never give Melo credit no matter what he does.
The last thing these clowns want is Melo winning a championship in New York.
It's a personal problem, it's something they have to hold and deal with for the rest of their lives.

metrocard

Legend
Smokes that's a lie. Felton, Smith, Amare and Bargnani are much more terrible on transaction defense.

Melo is a playmaker on transition D. The BEST on our team.

Everything in your 2nd paragraph doesn't have any information. Just a lot of "couple of times" and no measurements of the information you're providing.

b7yofs.png

^ Melo keeps his opponents to the lowest production compared to anyone on this team, by FAR. He's been our best defender with Shumpert and Chandler not showing up this season.

Melo has been a two way player all season long.

Those comments about Melo getting the max weren't directed at your post, just general thoughts on the matter. But if you think Melo having a game like this isn't going to inflate his value then that's deluded.

As far as defensively, yeah I would state Melo is one of the worst culprits of not getting back on D enough. Obviously the worst culprit defensively on this team is Felton but I'd place Melo pretty high on the list too. It's not something that's happened a couple of times... A couple of times per game maybe. It's no secret we have a pretty dreadful defensive team outside of Tyson and Shump but Melo is a good defender when he wants to be which is why it's sad that he doesn't commit to it.

You're putting me in the mold of "you guys" when this is the first criticism of Melo I've had to voice in this thread or on these forums for months, at the end of the day the performance just didn't do much for me as a Knicks fan. In terms of a personal performance it was great but I don't see it really doing much if anything for our team, and potentially a thing like this could hurt us when Jimmy Dolan shoves 20mil a year in Melo's face in the offseason.