Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

Broadway

All Star
well, i was asked to leave a permanent redirect to the other threads for search engine purposes, so I'm not sure if it accomplished anything, other than merging all discussions into one, and perhaps befuddling the original connotation of discussions.

You did a wonderful job no need to feel regret...Eventually it will lead to a healthy 7 course meal of "I Feel Crunchy" to those wearing the Melo Hackey Sack cologne...served up right here.

metrocard

Legend
merge melo merge... this thread

So who's going to read a 141 page thread?
This is exactly why you shouldn't be a mod because you don't even participate on this site.

You stickied some BS thread about articles no one reads and you're the only one who replies to it.

There were different conversations going on each thread and it's what separates them from each other.
I sent a message to Running Jumper who rarely even visits this site, but you're a man you should undo this.
I don't feel like going to one thread and searching to where I left off.
These are too many pages to go through for a reference when it's easier to search a single thread for information.

You most likely did this to hide the beatdown your boy smokes got because no one is skimming through 141 pages.

Clyde, you're really an embarrassment to this site and I don't know why rady keeps you as a mod because you do nothing to contribute as a mod.

We agreed to not have player threads anymore, and you just created the biggest merge in this site's history.

There was 10 different conversations going on and now no one can keep track of the discussion.
No body is going to read a 141 page thread, this is Cool Clyde's way of killing any discussion going on in this forum.
The first post that was made in this merged thread is from Mar 26, 2011, 21:11.
That's not how a thread starts.

You just ranked the threads by reply ordered and merge everything that had the word "Melo" on it.

WVKnicksfan made a thread called "I'm threw with Melo" and he got blowned up for it.
It's pathetic if he reached out to you and asking you to do something about it, or smokes, rono and one of your pals ask you to take action to something you had no part of.
You're a weak guy Clyde, a very weak guy.

jimkcchief88

All Star
You did a wonderful job no need to feel regret...Eventually it will lead to a healthy 7 course meal of "I Feel Crunchy" to those wearing the Melo Hackey Sack cologne...served up right here.

Or in your case:"Biggest Hater" starring 3G,Smokes,WV....(not in order of appearance):)

metrocard

Legend
This ain't even worth it smokes.
Clyde killed any hype that was going on in this thread.
If you had anything to do with it, you're a homo. You Clyde, rono and 8 need to get back to your dead site and handle your circle jerking over there.

I'll reply to this with no effort.

1. You're lying again. There are no two points. You said:

"Melo regularly takes terrible shots.
is lazy about going to the basket
settles for jumpers way too much
makes bad decisions
argues with officials
gives up points in transition.
In my eyes he's tied for worst play of the season"

I've disproved all of this mindless nonsense.
But now you can't go back pages, because theres over 140 pages in this thread thanks to CoolClyde.

You could say whatever you stuck to smokes, you stuck to anything that you weren't having your way with.
Joining 3 statements into one isn't really going to help you, I've broken them down each and ever since you've been unable to make a statement that debunks my information.

You made that post and began to defend very little of it with the information I threw at you.
This is where you failed, and now you're looking really stubborn about it.

1 in 15 is an empty stat and this is the 2nd time you've repeated it. You've already seen how Melo done for his career as a clutch player in a much larger sample size. You're basing your opinion on a player's abilities on 15 shot opportunities that are impossible to make because Woodson doesn't know how to draw up offensive plays. Good job smokes, I'm not surprise again for being unable to consider using logic in one of your thoughts. You just write words and babble.

I didn't even bait you.
Why can't you reply back to my stats and information without saying "stats aren't important to me?"
How stubborn can you be?
What do you lose in replying to that?
You could easily admit the information presented was interesting enough to shut down your argument get you back to reply to this thread again.

The reason why you replied, no one will know because you came back with nothing but a struggle to recover what shut you down in the first place.

I don't disagree with you about the kind of shots one should take in the 4th quarter...so you're just here for no reason at this point.

Lol, how did I accept them? I didn't even reference them until you harped on about them for consecutive posts, long after you'd acknowledged the one guy who gave you some props, Eddy Curry's feeder.

There are two very basic points made in that quote:

- takes terrible shots, is lazy about going to the basket, settles for jumpers way too much, makes bad decisions (point 1)
- argues with officials and gives up points in transition (point 2)

I've stuck to those points throughout the thread. Yeah I've re-iterated them in regards to his final second shots because as you only want me to voice opinions where I can show you fancy videos and graphs to back up my statements, I can do that, as I said before, 1 for 15 on final shots, I even posted a pretty youtube video for you :)

As for why it wasn't my final word, as I said you're very good at baiting, no arguments there.

I'm still here posting, still debating you point for point, you can keep claiming I lost as if it means something to try help yourself sleep at night but we both know it's not the case.

No I'm not acting like that, but you keep falling back on your patented debate technique of putting words into other people's mouths and then debating something they never said, as it's the only way you can go on to claim victory.

I didn't say I don't want Melo taking the final shot, I said I don't want him settling for crappy shots every time the ball gets put in his hands as the clock winds down. At the very least he can make a move to the basket, and try to draw a foul. He doesn't, he shoots contested jump shots EVERY TIME. How you can't comprehend this is beyond me. For someone who takes so much time writing out essays in response to me the fact you can't read my posts thoroughly is bizarre.

I acknowledged that Woodson especially and the bums around him don't put him in the position to succeed like they should but when it comes to having the ball at the end of the game, the decision on whether to make a move to the rim or whether to simply shoot over 2-3 players comes down to one thing, Melo himself.

metrocard

Legend
Again, I never claimed to win the debate (you making sh*t up as usual) whereas you have claimed over and over and over that you've won... :lol:

It's ok metro, I know you need to cling to the deluded notion that you managed to beat someone at something on the internet to sleep at night, there there.

I let my actions do the talking first, then I do some showboating and bragging.
You know my style man, it's all psychological.

You don't think I'm the say way when I did HS wrestling/baseball and currently at amateur boxing? Don't get affected by it man, and it makes you look baited when you reply to it. Be bigger.

metrocard

Legend
What would I ever do without you metro?

Of course the situation isn't clear, the point is that the chances of the Knicks somehow resigning Melo and managing to build a championship level team around him are very slim. The chips are totally stacked against us, pay cut or not.

I wish I could reply to this, but this is from another thread.
Clyde the Clown really made a mess here.

metrocard

Legend
That's what I'm talking about. It would obviously be an advantage for the team if for some odd reason Melo says 'No that's too much money for me'. But no one should fault Melo for making the best possible deal. Its not his fault the Knicks trade away their future year after year. Aside from Miami, championships are usually won through the draft. I don't think we necessarily need another 'super star' to suck up more cap space. I'd much rather pay Melo his money and bring in some good complementary players and pay them no more than 10 mil per year.

Aside from Melo, who can we really pay the max? Does Love even want to sign with the Knicks and can we even sign K-Love before he becomes a free agent with our cap situation?

How much better is Love than Melo? Will Love want the max?

Like what our options out there?

Right now I believe we should cater to Melo so he can cater to us. Promise him we'll get players in a 2 year frame period if he could stick around for another average season and be patient. Melo got like 5-7 great years left his in career, he'll be more remembered if he sticked to this franchise and tried his best to get a championship, even if he doesn't get one.

But I don't expect anyone to share that kind of opinion because I'm the type to like to see legacies happen in New York, Ewing had one and I'm hoping Melo could stay here and retire his jersey.

We got out Superstar, we just need a top 5 supporting cast to surround him with.

metrocard

Legend
Another good assessment Meto. Not sure why more people aren't talking about a Tyson trade. He's way over paid and I agree, he got embarrassed in the play offs. Interestingly he may still have some trade value. Now's the time to pull the trigger. I think we're stuck with Smith and Amare.

Tyson has been averaging some nice numbers as of late, but this is exactly the best time to trade Chandler to a team who needs a veteran center.

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/depth-charts/nba.aspx

Let's see who's in need of a C (I won't include teams trying to rebuild and keep cap spcae)

1. Hawks desperately need a center with Horford gone, and even when Horford comes back next year, it'll keep their front court strong if they have Milsap, Horford and Chandler together.

2. Bobcats/Hornets - they have Al Jefferson at center, but he can play PF too. Bobcats don't have any legit 7 footers that can play around the paint, Tyson could be a different for them since they're a playoff team now.

3. Cavs - they traded for Deng, but this team is still horrible defensively. Varejao use to be a great defender but now he has regressed. Not sure if Chandler is still on that DPOY level; but he would give Cleveland some depth and be an upgrade.

4. Nuggets - they could use a big guy since Mosgov doesn't have stamina and JJ Hickson isn't exactly a center. Nuggets have a load of talented young players, but no quality starters beyond Ty Lawson. Faried, Chandler are average, Foye is below average. Chandler is a B level player when healthy can give you great production.

5. Lakers

6. OKC Thunder

7. Suns(Plumlee has been doing good, but Chandler may be more of a leader that kind of young team needs to get to the next level)

metrocard

Legend
Metro for a guy who loves basketball your absolute love for Melo is odd.

I am sure you watched the game last night........Did you not see a different ball club then you have been seeing ?
Did you not see a different Melo then you"ve been seeing ? Assists ?

Your are so narrow minded. If you do not see a difference in the team do you at least see a difference in MELO ?

The team as a whole needed something and Melo's 62 did it no doubt.......There does some to be some love on the floor and there wasnt before the game just a lot of misery.....

Didn't you see Melo's teammates hit shots?

Hardaway Jr. (5-10 FG)
Jeremy Tyler (7-9 FG)
Tyson Chandler (5-6 FG)
Pablo Prigioni (3-6 FG)

Knicks shot 53% against the Celtics and had 26 assist

against the Bobcats they shot 56% and had 23 assist.

in the Bobcats game, teammates hit their shot as well, Melo scored 62 points but he got help to lead the Knicks to another blow out victory.

So what's your point?
You're trying to make it seem like things are different.

Melo is the type of player who can do good taking 30 shots or taking 15 shots. He's a dynamic player...a SUPERSTAR.

If you guys thought Melo was Al Harrington or Jerry Stackson a one dimensional chucker, then you've been proven wrong again.

Melo's always been able to impact the game with his presence on the court alone.
That's why we're lucky to have him and you're a weird creep for acting like Melo can't do these things on a regular basis, it's all based on his personnel and teammates. Can his teammates feed off his talent? It isn't the other way around no matter how hard you try to make it.

metrocard

Legend
Saw Melo's comments re: LaLa saying he'll sign with the Knicks. He said he supported his wife's statement but that's about it, no hint from him that he would re-sign with the Knicks.

You know Melo doesn't even know if he'll be back, if the right deal comes along he'll leave the Knicks high and dry. I do think that Melo will leave the 30M on the table to go to a team with a better chance of winning than the Knicks. All the Knicks can do is investigate the possibility of trading him and if you can get a couple of 1st round picks and some good players back then you possibly trade him.

Well, another thread not even related to WV's exposure about being done with Melo before his 62 point dominant preform has been merged in it.

Sorry Tiger if you didn't know where your post or thread went, Clyde just moved it without telling you. I enjoyed reading this post though, too bad theres 6 different conversations going on in one thread thanks to the Clown.

metrocard

Legend
WV(known hater from way back) is bogus for even starting this thread with his hilltop English lol:) And Smokes please share wat u smokin for backing his azz up. And CC: um um um I am disapointed in you:(. You want to talk about chucking??? Which former Knick did Metro and I go back and forth about "chucking" on this site for days who is now killing it for a Western Conference powerhouse. Jamaal Crawford:). It's not chucking when you are putting up 25+++ a game fools. It's called scoring and that's what Melo is doing and carrying this team. Anyone that says different is blind to the fact. Metro has changed his stance on Melo from detractor to defender. But you fools dogmatically stick to your foolish opinions even after what Melo has done the past few days, yes and all season. It's like arguing the Earth is flat people. Epic Fail:(

Jim...don't you know? Clyde totally saved WV from future embarrassment.

WV is no longer the starter of this thread now, it is some guy who made a crap post from 2011 that no one even remembers or thought about it.

lol "hilltop English". I didn't want to discriminate because I came to this country only knowing Spanish and I had to learn English late, but it's pretty funny if you grew up here and don't have a command of the language at such an old age. I don't want to be mean about it though, just a funny thought.

Yea, Smokes is a weird little dude coming in here with no guns blazing trying to play devil's advocate which totally back fired. That's why I enjoyed the thread so much, it was perfectly executed and a great sequence of post. Clyde ruined that with his merging. Clyde doesn't even post on this site but he comes in here and does some random mindless crap like that.

Jim holds credibility on this site because I was wrong about Crawford and Jim backed him up since day 1.
Crawford was never the problem, he just couldn't be the best player on his team. Crawford makes a great 4th or 5th best player on a very good team.

This is where a lot of these posters fail themselves and I agree to the max.

When you hold yourself to your opinion and ignore the facts, you will be made foolish and the "I"M THREW WITH MELO" thread proved that in a perfect fashion.

It really triggered Clyde to see that and so he had to do something to hide it in a 142 page thread. What a loser.

tiger0330

Legend
well, i was asked to leave a permanent redirect to the other threads for search engine purposes, so I'm not sure if it accomplished anything, other than merging all discussions into one, and perhaps befuddling the original connotation of discussions.
Pretty bad idea to merge all these threads into one. KOL doesn't have enough members nor threads started to consolidate all the Melo threads into one Melo thread, you lose all the focus on the original theme. I hope it was Rady's idea because this sucks the way it is.

metrocard

Legend
Pretty bad idea to merge all these threads into one. KOL doesn't have enough members nor threads started to consolidate all the Melo threads into one Melo thread, you lose all the focus on the original theme. I hope it was Rady's idea because this sucks the way it is.

Exactly.
This site was feeding off the multiple discussions that were going on in each thread with their own theme and Cool Clyde killed any momentum this site was having.

The only people who would support this idea are WV and the two people I have ignored. They want all Carmelo-support information thrown away and not to be scene by guest who visit and read this site on a daily basis(there are tons of guest here but not enough posters because of people like Clyde bringing his no energy-boring style and ruining the site with these decisions and his boring article thread that he only replies to himself)

I don't know if Clyde is purposely trying to sabotage this site, but this was a god awful decision that Rady or RunningJumper should take action and fix.

No one should have their conversation or thread thrown in a pile of garbage like this. What a mess Clyde has created.

skisloper

Starter
Exactly.
This site was feeding off the multiple discussions that were going on in each thread with their own theme and Cool Clyde killed any momentum this site was having.

The only people who would support this idea are WV and the two people I have ignored. They want all Carmelo-support information thrown away and not to be scene by guest who visit and read this site on a daily basis(there are tons of guest here but not enough posters because of people like Clyde bringing his no energy-boring style and ruining the site with these decisions and his boring article thread that he only replies to himself)

I don't know if Clyde is purposely trying to sabotage this site, but this was a god awful decision that Rady or RunningJumper should take action and fix.

No one should have their conversation or thread thrown in a pile of garbage like this. What a mess Clyde has created.

Metro I think MELO would be so freaked out with your many many posts about him....It borders obsessive,,,,,,,
Once you do see the threads merged its pretty creepy to see you are 1/2 the posts about Melo and how great he is over and over,,,,,,,,,,,,,,......

NO when MELO takes 30 shots and is shooting 30% thats is not good.....WHY OH WHY DO YOU NOT GET THE DIFFERENCE..............

Carmelo's Wife Metrocard 'Definitely Thinks' He'll Re-Sign With Knicks

metrocard

Legend
Metro I think MELO would be so freaked out with your many many posts about him....It borders obsessive,,,,,,,
Once you do see the threads merged its pretty creepy to see you are 1/2 the posts about Melo and how great he is over and over,,,,,,,,,,,,,,......

NO when MELO takes 30 shots and is shooting 30% thats is not good.....WHY OH WHY DO YOU NOT GET THE DIFFERENCE..............

Carmelo's Wife Metrocard 'Definitely Thinks' He'll Re-Sign With Knicks

90% of your post are Melo related tho. You're the same freak as I am.

Last time Melo took 30 shots, he scored 62 points, so ain't no problem with Melo doing work.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
So who's going to read a 141 page thread?
This is exactly why you shouldn't be a mod because you don't even participate on this site.

You stickied some BS thread about articles no one reads and you're the only one who replies to it.

There were different conversations going on each thread and it's what separates them from each other.
I sent a message to Running Jumper who rarely even visits this site, but you're a man you should undo this.
I don't feel like going to one thread and searching to where I left off.
These are too many pages to go through for a reference when it's easier to search a single thread for information.

You most likely did this to hide the beatdown your boy smokes got because no one is skimming through 141 pages.

Clyde, you're really an embarrassment to this site and I don't know why rady keeps you as a mod because you do nothing to contribute as a mod.

We agreed to not have player threads anymore, and you just created the biggest merge in this site's history.

There was 10 different conversations going on and now no one can keep track of the discussion.
No body is going to read a 141 page thread, this is Cool Clyde's way of killing any discussion going on in this forum.
The first post that was made in this merged thread is from Mar 26, 2011, 21:11.
That's not how a thread starts.

You just ranked the threads by reply ordered and merge everything that had the word "Melo" on it.

WVKnicksfan made a thread called "I'm threw with Melo" and he got blowned up for it.
It's pathetic if he reached out to you and asking you to do something about it, or smokes, rono and one of your pals ask you to take action to something you had no part of.
You're a weak guy Clyde, a very weak guy.

Metro you need to cool down. Half of the front page had only Melo threads and the discussion was very similar in every one of them. I backed Clyde's decision to merge the threads so just cut him some slack. Resorting everytime you don't agree with something to personal attacks and insults has become extremely boring. You have a problem with the first post being from 2011 but that doesn't stop you to bring back to life threads that haven't got any activity in years.

I can understand that it might be a bit difficult to follow the last pages of the thread given the fact that some of the topics grew in parallel but calling out everybody you have a problem with, for this is just insane.

skisloper

Starter
90% of your post are Melo related tho. You're the same freak as I am.

Last time Melo took 30 shots, he scored 62 points, so ain't no problem with Melo doing work.

if Melo's hot from the start I am all in for him shooting,,,,,...What I am not up for is him shooting to get hot because that takes all his teammates out of it.....

Melo seemed to play differently last night......Thats the Melo I want...........

metrocard

Legend
if Melo's hot from the start I am all in for him shooting,,,,,...What I am not up for is him shooting to get hot because that takes all his teammates out of it.....

Melo seemed to play differently last night......Thats the Melo I want...........

Skisloper, honestly, I'm not in disagreement with you. I respect you as a poster and how you present your opinion in an honest way. I will miss reading what you got to say about our team peace.

Metro you need to cool down. Half of the front page had only Melo threads and the discussion was very similar in every one of them. I backed Clyde's decision to merge the threads so just cut him some slack. Resorting everytime you don't agree with something to personal attacks and insults has become extremely boring. You have a problem with the first post being from 2011 but that doesn't stop you to bring back to life threads that haven't got any activity in years.

I can understand that it might be a bit difficult to follow the last pages of the thread given the fact that some of the topics grew in parallel but calling out everybody you have a problem with, for this is just insane.

You can ask Tiger3030 if the discussions were similar.
Me bumping a thread doesn't give Clyde the opportunity to merge every single Carmelo Anthony thread this site has made into one thread. If you think that's logical and okay, we know why this site is the way it is today. (In before you come back and blaming me for the sites troubles)

Boring? Have you seen your game threads? Or your post in general? Do people even read what you post? Before you speak, let's see you be active on this site and add some hype or bring some traffic.
In fact the only traffic this site was getting were from my threads.
Clyde has spammed and even sticked his crap article thread that no one pays attention or replies to. You didn't say anything about that.Rono doesn't even come here to post, he comes here to give credit to his sexual partners or mention something about me, same with Crazy8 with his 2 reply glitter threads.

Please don't talk about "insults" when you don't even have active moderators on this site. That's like complaining about speeding with no speed limit on the road. You're a weird dude man.

What have you done for this site in the past 3 years besides pay a petty bill and make some crappy new design that looks 10X worse than the regular? then I could see why this site has been dying because you never upgrade yourself as an admin. You've been the same bum dude since 2002. 11 Years and no progress. I'm keeping it real with you. Romania has failed you.

You've really let this site go to complete crap by not allowing discussion and hype in any thread for that matter.
As for me, I've done everything I need to do to engage posters and keep the forum update with new threads. If you have a personal problem with my name being on the first page on the threads, then PM me about it like a man and I'll get other people to start threads in here if you don't like seeing my name

I'm out of here. Not even trying to look back at this thread too because it's AIDS given by Clyde and allowed by Rady. Knowing them, they'll delete this post. lol It's too much of a blow up for them to read.

Enjoy a forum of Carmelo down playing between 3G4G and Kiyaman and ball slurping between Clyde, Rono, Smokes and 8s.

You guys can catch me here.
http://forums.nykfp.com/viewforum.php?

Last edited:

CoolClyde

Too Many Carmelo Threads

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?12230-Too-many-Carmelo-threads

metromerge.jpg

Scribbles

Rotation player
Im with Metrocard.

Whoevers idea it was to merge all these threads is retarded. At the very least you should have created a sub forum called All Things Melo and put all the threads into that forum.

But tossing all this **** into one thread is DREADFUL.

Its like one big ass chat conversation about too many things surrounding our SUPERSTAR player.