Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

tiger0330

Legend
Metro you need to cool down. Half of the front page had only Melo threads and the discussion was very similar in every one of them. I backed Clyde's decision to merge the threads so just cut him some slack. Resorting everytime you don't agree with something to personal attacks and insults has become extremely boring. You have a problem with the first post being from 2011 but that doesn't stop you to bring back to life threads that haven't got any activity in years.

I can understand that it might be a bit difficult to follow the last pages of the thread given the fact that some of the topics grew in parallel but calling out everybody you have a problem with, for this is just insane.
Rady if you were consulted and you agreed with Clyde in doing this then so be it but this site isn't like ClutchFans where they have to cut the number of threads started because they have so many members starting sometimes useless threads.

The oldest thread on the the first page is Jan 8 3 weeks ago, I haven't counted but that's probably less than 2 threads a day that are being posted, hardly are reason to do housecleaning on the site. Just because a particular thread is about Melo doesn't mean it shouldn't have it's own thread, it's more logical to create threads about topics like his pending FA or why you hate him because you think he's an inefficient ISO player rather than because it's about him.

George M.

Benchwarmer
For all the Melo haters here that have DVR's I suggest you stop listening to the biased NBA media (ABC/ESPN) and record and view the games yourselves play by play. If you do this you will notice a few things like
#1- All season long Shumpert has been gambling/botching his rotations on defense to come up with steals or just flat out losing his man on plays without switching even being an issue.
#2- Shumpert has on offense made a lot of poor decisions as well as not made shots within the offense.
#3-Bargnani for whatever reasons has been force fed into the starting lineup and has not been able to hit 3pt.'s with consisitency.
Why? Don't know. Maybe not enough reps in practice from around the arc is my guess.
#4-Bargnani's inability to grasp rotations on defense. I think if he worked with KMart & Tyson during practice and off time more he
might grasp the concepts better. Just a thought.
#5-Woodson trying to force certain players into the games at the wrong times in spite of what already might be working.
#6-Not holding players accountable for stalling ball movement and player movement on offense on the court. Not to mention too
much switching as well on defense.
These are the things that have leaped out at me from the tv screen amongst other things. This past week Woodson has changed some of these mistakes due to Bargnani's injury. Hopefully he learns from these mistakes for the rest of the season so that we can make the playoffs and be competitive as well.

I want a title for this team. I've been a Knicks fan for almost 40 yrs. Yes I watched Clyde,Earl the Pearl,Bill Bradley, D.DeBusschre,W.Reed, Bob McAdoo,and Spencer Haywood play together...that's how far back I go.

When I stopped listening to the talking head A**holes on ABC/ESPN and watched more NBAtv and watched our Knicks games
closer I see the roots of our problems a lot clearer. Ownership/management and coaching staffs in the last 5 yrs. has made colossal
blunder after blunder even with cap space and an amnesty to use on Amare'.

Anyone who remembers Walsh picking up Billups option when C.Paul was available that off season or close to available and from what I
remember the same people that hate on Melo not even realizing that Walsh stopped us from signing C.Paul and T.Chandler using the amnesty on Amare' was the most colossal blunder since the E.Curry trade and none of you Melo haters spoke up.
NOT ONE OF YOU.
Stop listening and watching the talking heads .They're all biased. Watch the games closely and league closely on League Pass and you'll
see what I mean.

Broadway

All Star
http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?12230-Too-many-Carmelo-threads

metromerge.jpg

This is the 3rd time I've sen a poster quote what he's said previously that not only totally embarrasses himself but also makes others here feel a little awkward.

He's had plenty of encouragement to dial it down 5000 but he's stubborn to his own bitter end.

Once again Clyde and whoever else felt the time was now to do this, did all of us justice....even the ignoranuses

tiger0330

Legend
For all the Melo haters here that have DVR's I suggest you stop listening to the biased NBA media (ABC/ESPN) and record and view the games yourselves play by play. If you do this you will notice a few things like
#1- All season long Shumpert has been gambling/botching his rotations on defense to come up with steals or just flat out losing his man on plays without switching even being an issue.
#2- Shumpert has on offense made a lot of poor decisions as well as not made shots within the offense.
#3-Bargnani for whatever reasons has been force fed into the starting lineup and has not been able to hit 3pt.'s with consisitency.
Why? Don't know. Maybe not enough reps in practice from around the arc is my guess.
#4-Bargnani's inability to grasp rotations on defense. I think if he worked with KMart & Tyson during practice and off time more he
might grasp the concepts better. Just a thought.
#5-Woodson trying to force certain players into the games at the wrong times in spite of what already might be working.
#6-Not holding players accountable for stalling ball movement and player movement on offense on the court. Not to mention too
much switching as well on defense.
These are the things that have leaped out at me from the tv screen amongst other things. This past week Woodson has changed some of these mistakes due to Bargnani's injury. Hopefully he learns from these mistakes for the rest of the season so that we can make the playoffs and be competitive as well.

I want a title for this team. I've been a Knicks fan for almost 40 yrs. Yes I watched Clyde,Earl the Pearl,Bill Bradley, D.DeBusschre,W.Reed, Bob McAdoo,and Spencer Haywood play together...that's how far back I go.

When I stopped listening to the talking head A**holes on ABC/ESPN and watched more NBAtv and watched our Knicks games
closer I see the roots of our problems a lot clearer. Ownership/management and coaching staffs in the last 5 yrs. has made colossal
blunder after blunder even with cap space and an amnesty to use on Amare'.

Anyone who remembers Walsh picking up Billups option when C.Paul was available that off season or close to available and from what I
remember the same people that hate on Melo not even realizing that Walsh stopped us from signing C.Paul and T.Chandler using the amnesty on Amare' was the most colossal blunder since the E.Curry trade and none of you Melo haters spoke up.
NOT ONE OF YOU.
Stop listening and watching the talking heads .They're all biased. Watch the games closely and league closely on League Pass and you'll
see what I mean.
When you have the head jerk Dolan saying with the advantage of hindsight the Knicks did not make a mistake signing Stat you have no hope that the Knicks will ever build a winner as long as Dolan is in charge.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
So who's going to read a 141 page thread?
This is exactly why you shouldn't be a mod because you don't even participate on this site.

You stickied some BS thread about articles no one reads and you're the only one who replies to it.

There were different conversations going on each thread and it's what separates them from each other.
I sent a message to Running Jumper who rarely even visits this site, but you're a man you should undo this.
I don't feel like going to one thread and searching to where I left off.
These are too many pages to go through for a reference when it's easier to search a single thread for information.

You most likely did this to hide the beatdown your boy smokes got because no one is skimming through 141 pages.

Clyde, you're really an embarrassment to this site and I don't know why rady keeps you as a mod because you do nothing to contribute as a mod.

We agreed to not have player threads anymore, and you just created the biggest merge in this site's history.

There was 10 different conversations going on and now no one can keep track of the discussion.
No body is going to read a 141 page thread, this is Cool Clyde's way of killing any discussion going on in this forum.
The first post that was made in this merged thread is from Mar 26, 2011, 21:11.
That's not how a thread starts.

You just ranked the threads by reply ordered and merge everything that had the word "Melo" on it.

WVKnicksfan made a thread called "I'm threw with Melo" and he got blowned up for it.
It's pathetic if he reached out to you and asking you to do something about it, or smokes, rono and one of your pals ask you to take action to something you had no part of.
You're a weak guy Clyde, a very weak guy

Ok Cool,would you please tell metro that I DID NOT tell you to merge these threads.Its amazing how this man thinks and accuses people when they have done NOTHING!!

CoolClyde

Ok Cool,would you please tell metro that I DID NOT tell you to merge these threads.Its amazing how this man thinks and accuses people when they have done NOTHING!!

just put him on ignore and forget about it. the merge was a suggestion I made to Rady that he OK'd.
hopefully we can move forward with positive threads, posts and intelligent discussions, not hurling insults in every other thread.
peace.

smokes

Huge Member
Hahaha. Is this the second or third time metrocard quit the site after taking a horrible L? I've lost count at this point. You could tell it was getting bad when he had to call upon Eddy Curry's #1 fan for support but I didn't realise his feelings got so badly hurt. Must be that time of the month for him, hormones etc.

It's a shame Clyde merged these threads as it merely dilutes the scale of the disasterous loss suffered by metro but at the same time it did expose him yet again as a supreme hypocrite so well done for that Clyde.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
This is a very sad pathetic site now, I miss CA7 and other quality posters. RJ and CC barely post now too and it's usually just to moderate.

Very very sad day KnicksOnline, I used to enjoy coming here.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The whole "Team Melo" thing has nothing to with Melo at all.

Some things never change here....

Too right, unfortunately.

It's just The Starbury Wars all over again. It's really nothing to do with being a Melo fan, it's just about fighting on the internet, getting your back rubbed. metrocard's still a sad child that needs positive reenforcement. If he didn't need positive reenforcement, he wouldn't start a team, get blown out of the water in a thread, and then call victory. The childish behavior is why I and many others left - It's akin to growing out of playing with toys.

Looks like metrocard's rigging the rep system again, BTW. I figured out how the rep system works a while back, and for him to have risen to the level he's on he'd have to have double figure devout followers with high rep power, repping him once every 2-3 days. We all know that's not the case.

Presumably KingStarbury3 has recently returned to the forum of late? There's your culprit there. Poor old Rady will have to go back through and delete the sh*t AGAIN.

Metrocard does his best to drop my rep rating by giving me negative rep as much as possible. I could seriously care less. As I mentioned, I'm over the childishness.

Anyway, as I mentioned, this has nothing to do with fandom of Carmelo Anthony, it's just a silly little boy playing silly little girl's games.

Without an ounce of bias, smokes, Kiyaman, literally anyone who's made a point against Carmelo, hasn't lost anything outside of the time they've wasted debating with a "Melo Fan" that never wanted him here in the first place.

Worst thing you can do is feed the trolls. Particularly when they're arguing because they like to argue, not because they give any credence as to what they're arguing about.

Remember to raise your children properly.

8d83881b1874947591d6a6b7c591d996.jpg

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
This is a very sad pathetic site now, I miss CA7 and other quality posters. RJ and CC barely post now too and it's usually just to moderate.

Very very sad day KnicksOnline, I used to enjoy coming here.

This place used to be great. Gotta be careful with the decisions you make. Lesson learned, I suppose.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Smh U dudes buggin catching feelings on an Internet forum....

No disrespect Clyde but the merge kinda sucked I was paying attention to a couple threads now you got me all fcuked up in the game, no biggie though...

#TeamMelo#TeamStat#Knickstape

Stop trying to be coaches and be a fan and enjoy the game you guys always so damn negative on here.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Yep whole gang of haters on this site you would never know these are supposed to be Knick fans....Smokes bogus azz hell for even bringing up me defending "E-City"...Hater alert: I followed Eddy since high school here in the CHI...Sorry I was raised right and taught not to pick on the fat kid in class...Eddy just had genetic weight/heart problems...not drug/playoff party problems like JR:( y'all should listen to George M and WATCH the games instead of listening to Colin C and the rest of the haters on CHIEF

CoolClyde

ok, my apologies for the messy melo merge, but there comes a time when you have over 1/2 a dozen threads not only discussing the same thing, but arguing the exact same thing, and that escalating into name-calling, bullying, flaming, trolling, etc. do you think newbies want to read that sort of thing, or discuss their favorite bball team intelligently?

if there's a certain thread within the Melo thread that you think deserves it's own merits, please post here, and perchance it can be resurrected, maybe not. i left a permanent redirect for ALL threads, so the info is still on the Knicks forum page.

the merge is not the worst thing in the world to happen, sorry i stopped your conversations and melodrama in their tracks. life goes on, the O&B goes on, the Knicks are playing, and Melo is still a Knick. Feel free to start a new conversation, or a new thread if you feel it deserves attention. but please keep your opinions on Melo to the Melo discussion thread and let's carry on.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Yep whole gang of haters on this site you would never know these are supposed to be Knick fans....Smokes bogus azz hell for even bringing up me defending "E-City"...Hater alert: I followed Eddy since high school here in the CHI...Sorry I was raised right and taught not to pick on the fat kid in class...Eddy just had genetic weight/heart problems...not drug/playoff party problems like JR:( y'all should listen to George M and WATCH the games instead of listening to Colin C and the rest of the haters on CHIEF
Not to mention dudes daughter and baby mom was killed in front of his son and he and his family got robbed in their own home at gunpoint

welcometonycity

Rotation player
ok, my apologies for the messy melo merge, but there comes a time when you have over 1/2 a dozen threads not only discussing the same thing, but arguing the exact same thing, and that escalating into name-calling, bullying, flaming, trolling, etc. do you think newbies want to read that sort of thing, or discuss their favorite bball team intelligently?

if there's a certain thread within the Melo thread that you think deserves it's own merits, please post here, and perchance it can be resurrected, maybe not. i left a permanent redirect for ALL threads, so the info is still on the Knicks forum page.

the merge is not the worst thing in the world to happen, sorry i stopped your conversations and melodrama in their tracks. life goes on, the O&B goes on, the Knicks are playing, and Melo is still a Knick. Feel free to start a new conversation, or a new thread if you feel it deserves attention. but please keep your opinions on Melo to the Melo discussion thread and let's carry on.

No biggie bruhh we'll get over it

Kiyaman

Legend
All discussion closed .. the count down is on .......
The Dolan Knicks have 21 days to save the Knicks organization, plus better the team-performance by trading Carmelo Anthony.

We havnt FIRED a poor-poor flawed headcoach Mike Woodson, bc Carmelo Anthony wants Woodson as the Knicks HC.

KBlack25

Starter
All discussion closed .. the count down is on .......
The Dolan Knicks have 21 days to save the Knicks organization, plus better the team-performance by trading Carmelo Anthony.

We havnt FIRED a poor-poor flawed headcoach Mike Woodson, bc Carmelo Anthony wants Woodson as the Knicks HC.

I'm of the opinion that if Melo hasn't committed to NY privately - NY has to trade him. Not an anti-Melo thing - but NY needs to be sure that Melo is with them for the long haul.

smokes

Huge Member

You're the one who came into the thread out of nowhere calling me out and calling me a hater for doing nothing but stating 2 simple facts about Melo neither of which was hating in the slightest.

If you're gonna give it you should be able to take it. Simple.