Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

STAT1

Starter
20million for a selfish player .. Yea I watched last night 1 assist :barf::barf:

He had 9 assists just a couple games ago, was he a selfish player then? Just curious. How many assists has STAT been averaging this year? Is he a selfish player in your eyes too? This mentality that Melo needs to be averaging big assist numbers to prove he's not a selfish player is silly, the guy's role is as a scorer just like STAT is, he's not looked upon as a ball distributor that is the job of Chauncey Billups & Toney Douglas. Melo averages the same # of assists per game as Kevin Durant I don't hear anyone calling him a selfish player. Let's get off the Melo hate & open our eyes to the real problem here it's not Carmelo Anthony it's been bad play at the PG position & a complete lack of interior defense & rebounding from our bigs. Melo or no Melo we won't win many games if we're getting crappy results from those 2 elements.

Red

TYPE-A
albundygif.gif
LMAO!

Knicksfansince92...

you are possibly the worst poster on this site.:whack:

nyk_nyk

All Star
Superstar??? No Allstar, yea but he is surely not worth what we gave up and he is already acting like a Prima-donna. $65 Million extension Kid refuses to play D makes $1,600 a minute while on the court but doesn't want to pay attention for a full game. I'm tired of this Guy know and what's crazy Denver reconstructed their team the way we should have imagine AMARE on that team instead of KMART They are easily Finals contenders.

Respect your opinion but your seriously wrong on this one. So when Amare picks up a foul in the 1st quarter and admits to playing passive to not pick up a 2nd, do you have a problem with that? When coach goes with offense in defensive situations because he'd rather pile up the score rather than get stops does that bother you?

My point is don't use Melo as a scapegoat. He's doing what he's always done, which is score. Did we not know this before the trade? If we got Nash next season, would you begin to complain about his lack of defense too? We got Melo to score first and foremost. If you want him to improve his defense then lets hire a new coach or get Dantoni an assistant that works better to improve the players on the defensive end.

Superstar??? No Allstar, yea but he is surely not worth what we gave up and he is already acting like a Prima-donna. $65 Million extension Kid refuses to play D makes $1,600 a minute while on the court but doesn't want to pay attention for a full game. I'm tired of this Guy know and what's crazy Denver reconstructed their team the way we should have imagine AMARE on that team instead of KMART They are easily Finals contenders.

KOBE AND LEBRON BRING THE WHOLE PACKAGE D, PASSING AND OFFENSE.

MELO BRINGS THEM WHEN HE FEELS LIKE. I SAID ADD AMARE TO THE ROSTER THE NUGGETS HAVE NOW INSTEAD OF KMART.. THAT'S WHAT WE WERE GOING TO DO

AMEN ...

EVEN TY LAWSON IS QUOTED SAYING NO WE ALL GET MORE SHOT ATTEMPTS

4 freakin starters in the names of Felton, Gallo, Chandler, Mosgov
- Draft Pks which will bite our frkin ass in the future
- We went from the 2 of the youngest team in the NBA to watever
- Embarassing Loses every dam night
- Effort that our players brought even if we were losing
- Some hope for the future as all the players were young and improving

Havent Scored 100 Since Feb 25 Cmon Son

20million for a selfish player .. Yea I watched last night 1 assist :barf::barf:

We'll see tonight

Oh Yea Gallo&Wilson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Melo

WHY HAVEN'T ANY OF YOU REFUTE THIS POSTS?????
TRUTH HURTS

la2ny

Starter
39 points 10 rebounds great overall defense, and the Knicks win. Guess frauds only have those games....

smokes

Huge Member
Its always kinda tragic seeing a poster lose all credibility and not to learn from it the first time round is even worse.

This is like a car crash that you can't help but look at!

1-6 in the Last 7 games Oh we win one poorly Reffed game verus the Magic's and you guys are hype?
What about losing to the Cavs twice and the Bucks and Bobcats and Pacers twice

Hey, listen guys... Yes, plenty of us argue /go back & forth about the coach etc etc... But @ the end of the night? We can usually agree to disagree move on & focus about the next subject @ hand which makes us all true, real, die hard fans who want the best for this team. The heated moment of sports talk can have me talking wreckless @ times, now... I'm on my cell, I cant see his join date & have no idea what types of posts or type of poster he is as a man & Knicks fan but... Just from reading some of the posts that many have quoted around here... It's like he reminds me of a jealous Nets fan losing his team to NY for Brooklyn or just a fan of any other tem all together. What makes me think that is right when I read his previous post. I might be wrong & way off but thats just the type of weird feeling I got as SOON as I read that post. Which has never happened since I've been on this site, even when having heated talk about the coach. That wasn't heated, that was calm, thought out post after a feel good win.

This post is BS.. We have two of the top 10 superstars in the league. Melo has proven he can play defense and consistency will come when he realizes he cant win any other way. The same thing happened with the celtics except we have an advantage because our superstars are in the prime of thier careers. All the Melo haters need to be quiet and enjoy this season knowing we have a bright future and let Donnie get one off season to find some role players and then we can criticize next year. Anybody trying to criticize a month after a blockbuster trade is just blowing smoke.. You'll be the same ones eating your words when we find another wilson chandler or gallo but you cant replace a MELO

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I see LJ4ptplay went silent on this one. He's also a Melo hater.

Still here. It's about consistency with Melo. He'll have a 5-20 and lazy defensive game soon. This is what Melo does. I fully expected fans to be dazzled by Melo initially but in Colorado we are all too familiar with this sort of play:

Conversely, the Knicks are a woefully awful 2-8 against sub-.500 teams while somehow being 6-4 against plus-.500 teams. Meaning, the Knicks are doing today what the Melo-led Nuggets did for years in Denver: get up for the good teams while allowing bad teams to hang around. Remember all those blown fourth-quarter leads the Nuggets had this season with Melo on-board? Now, in Melo's absence the Nuggets have beaten sub-.500 teams by an average of 25 points per game in their five victories against the NBA's bottom feeders. Great players win the games they're supposed to win.

The Nuggets have been my second favorite team for years. Not just after the trade. If he can end his inconsistent, inefficient offense, play more team basketball and limit his lazy defensive habits, then great. Maybe being humbled in New York will change him. I hope it does.

But also, some of my hate is how he came here. Forcing us to gut the roster for him. If the reports of a more restrictive CBA coming are true, you won't hear the end of it from me. Melo will become public enemy #1. Hopefully that won't happen, but to me the verdict on this trade is still not in.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Still here. It's about consistency with Melo. He'll have a 5-20 and lazy defensive game soon. This is what Melo does. I fully expected fans to be dazzled by Melo initially but in Colorado we are all too familiar with this sort of play:

The Nuggets have been my second favorite team for years. Not just after the trade. If he can end his inconsistent, inefficient offense, play more team basketball and limit his lazy defensive habits, then great. Maybe being humbled in New York will change him. I hope it does.

But also, some of my hate is how he came here. Forcing us to gut the roster for him. If the reports of a more restrictive CBA coming are true, you won't hear the end of it from me. Melo will become public enemy #1. Hopefully that won't happen, but to me the verdict on this trade is still not in.

After last night how can you post this garbage??? People like you are exactly why Melo couldn't wait to get out of Denver. Denver is a bigoted cowtown that treats its black sportsstars like crap all the way back to chasing Chris Jackson out of town for not standing during the national anthem. Keep that sad attitude toward black stars in your cowtown. How "lazy" was that 30 Melo dropped in the 4th quarter last night??? NY was 12-17 in the last 30 games before the trade and you are still bitching??? Miss that "Cock" your life??? Go be a Nuggets fan then and save us Knicks fans from your hateful tirades. And I put that ON CHIEF!!!!