Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

jimkcchief88

All Star
lol @ the notion Melo is being chased out. Who's chasing Melo out of town seriously. Who told Melo he should opt out to become a free agent and look forward to doing it?

These are the times you find out who's really who(what they stand for) from players to message board posters.

Then the irrational suggestion by Chief.....to ask players who never gave a hint their contracts are up for negotiating to take pay cuts. Melo is the one who spoke first on considering taking one or did Chief black out during this moment when he did?

He does know agents are very powerful in this league right, there's a way to conduct business and then there's a way to conduct business. His way would be an ATROCITY to this franchise and would only serve Melo's ego and his emotional attachment to him.

You can't have a cap of $60mil with a player making $25mil(in escalation/yr) of that and expect to be any real threat to win.

Uhhhh, I've been posting here since 06' dude soooooo your point is????

jimkcchief88

All Star
And it's dumbass "fans" like you chasing Melo out of town.... Fans here CHI brought signs and chants to the UC begging Melo to come to help win a CHIP instead of your "better off without him" tude on Chief

Broadway

All Star
And it's dumbass "fans" like you chasing Melo out of town.... Fans here CHI brought signs and chants to the UC begging Melo to come to help win a CHIP instead of your "better off without him" tude on Chief

I didn't know Melo was that sensitive and insecure to hang out on KO to see what we thought about him...to the extent he stated of his own volition...

"I'm looking forward to free agency"

But boy if we as fans have that kind of pull and power just think what we'll accomplish during a rebuild under Phil. And we'll do it all without Melo and Chief...

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL

jimkcchief88

All Star
Nooooo, I gotcha ohhh sensitive one don't run and hide now your slip is showing, better go find some photo-shop slams now "New Metro"(since you chased the real Metro off with your foolishness). You are right the rebuild will happen without me because I been there and done that.... Figure out a way to keep Melo and grab Lebron Phil...you received 60 million reasons why and YOUR legacy depends on it. I see the headlines now:" Couldnt win without MJ,Pippen,Kobe, and SHAQ

Broadway

All Star
Nooooo, I gotcha ohhh sensitive one don't run and hide now your slip is showing, better go find some photo-shop slams now "New Metro"(since you chased the real Metro off with your foolishness). You are right the rebuild will happen without me because I been there and done that.... Figure out a way to keep Melo and grab Lebron Phil...you received 60 million reasons why and YOUR legacy depends on it. I see the headlines now:" Couldnt win without MJ,Pippen,Kobe, and SHAQ

Meltro chased himself out....grown arse men stand tall and handle their business. They don't run like little tikes.

tiger0330

Legend
So it begins. There are more rumors swirling around Melo than Lebron. Now Phoenix is supposedly interested in convincing Lebron and Melo to join as a pair, they would become my favorite even over the Spurs with a lineup of Dragic, Bledsoe, Plumlee and those two for an NBA title plus that would be a fun team to watch.

I was thinking what I would do if I was Phil, they haven't talked about money but I think a good compromise for Melo and Phil would be to give Melo a 5 year deal at the same total money that other teams can give him a 4 year deal so the Knicks offer him a 96M 5 year deal which reduces the yearly cap hit by about 4.8M, Melo gets the same total money over a longer period and the Knicks get some salary relief. Give him an early option if he wants if he doesn't like the deal in the future.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Seriously, fellas, there's like 10 people, maybe less, who post regularly here. Don't chase anyone else away.
Well, nobody chased me away, I just got less interest in basketball. It was a pretty bad year for the Knicks and I had a lot of stuff going on, so I didn't have the chance to catch most of the games. But I'm slowly coming back to being a regular poster, will definitely be more active once the World Cup is over.

And here we go when it comes to free agency circus. MIA reached out to Deng, don't know what's their cap situation, but I guess they'd have to amnesty Wade/Bosh to sign Luol. Of course if they haven't used their amnesty clause already. Kyrie is about to sign a max deal with the Cavs... it's pretty quiet in the Knicks camp.

tiger0330

Legend
Well, nobody chased me away, I just got less interest in basketball. It was a pretty bad year for the Knicks and I had a lot of stuff going on, so I didn't have the chance to catch most of the games. But I'm slowly coming back to being a regular poster, will definitely be more active once the World Cup is over.

And here we go when it comes to free agency circus. MIA reached out to Deng, don't know what's their cap situation, but I guess they'd have to amnesty Wade/Bosh to sign Luol. Of course if they haven't used their amnesty clause already. Kyrie is about to sign a max deal with the Cavs... it's pretty quiet in the Knicks camp.
Good to see you back Lercher.

Miami used their amnesty on Mike Miller last year, right now Miami has no one signed since everyone has opted out so Riley pretty much has a clean slate to restructure the team.

Broadway

All Star
Why is Melo telling the Bulls he doesn't want them to trade Taj Gibson? I mean if for nothing else the Bulls trade him and he waffles on going there headed back here...uhmmmmm wouldn't that weaken the Bulls? Why is he offering input on their roster if he's not really considering signing there?

Why didn't Melo offer perspective when he had the one on one sit down with Dolan forcing his way here about our roster? Why didn't he wait until he was officially able to opt out so we could have more flexibility?

Oh Wait....

Broadway

All Star

This is a long time to be in Chicago when he's splitting his meetings in Texas tomorrow. Matter of fact if he hasn't left yet he's taxing himself a little much here

jimkcchief88

All Star
Why is Melo telling the Bulls he doesn't want them to trade Taj Gibson? I mean if for nothing else the Bulls trade him and he waffles on going there headed back here...uhmmmmm wouldn't that weaken the Bulls? Why is he offering input on their roster if he's not really considering signing there?

Why didn't Melo offer perspective when he had the one on one sit down with Dolan forcing his way here about our roster? Why didn't he wait until he was officially able to opt out so we could have more flexibility?

Oh Wait....

Because Melo has been in NY for three years now and Dolan has NEVER consulted Melo about our roster. Do you really think Melo wanted Novak and Cope gone and Bargs brought in???? Knicks "management has been making stupid roster moved for years and I'm sure Melo would like some roster input wherever he ends up

Broadway

All Star
Because Melo has been in NY for three years now and Dolan has NEVER consulted Melo about our roster. Do you really think Melo wanted Novak and Cope gone and Bargs brought in???? Knicks "management has been making stupid roster moved for years and I'm sure Melo would like some roster input wherever he ends up

Right over your cabbage

I'm referring to when he forced his way here from Denver. Remember the meeting around the All-Star game with Dolan? But of course lockout was looming Melo couldn't chance his paper then but willing to potentially do it now to the degree he spends all day with 1 team even taking in a private workout session with the team's Star player.

Who does this?

jimkcchief88

All Star
Right over your cabbage

I'm referring to when he forced his way here from Denver. Remember the meeting around the All-Star game with Dolan? But of course lockout was looming Melo couldn't chance his paper then but willing to potentially do it now to the degree he spends all day with 1 team even taking in a private workout session with the team's Star player.

Who does this?

Melo does 3GdUmE:)

Broadway

All Star
New York Knicks gutted their roster in Feb 2011 to acquire Carmelo Anthony. Anthony doesn't want that happening again. (Source: Frank Isola)

Alanis Morrissette once tried to told us..."ISN'T IRONIC"

tiger0330

Legend
Talk about disrepectful this is the pic the Rox used in their pitch to get Melo to Houston. Having him pictured in a number 7 the same number Lin is using.

Brjx091CEAAyz6L.jpg:large

Talk about disrepectful this is the pic the Rox used in their pitch to get Melo to Houston. Having him pictured in a number 7 the same number Lin is using.

Brjx091CEAAyz6L.jpg:large

That's actually really funny. I wonder if Melo will even see the comparisons between the Rockets coveting Lin and them coveting him, not exactly the same, but still how quick the world turns on the prized players.