Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

jimkcchief88

All Star
We have retards on this board....Melo is NOT A PG....it's not his job to make his teammates better...Melo's job is to put the ball in the bucket...THE END...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He did contributed a lot yesterday... He goes back and forth trying to push high the spirits of the team...He is prone to errors, but coming from such actions he pulls amazing game situations. And it took a while, but he got it yesterday. Unfortunately, he could not drive a team by himself only. He could use another guy of his quality. but for a first match live witnessed in MSG I thought he had the right character (that some others lack in the team) to get the team forward. He still lacks a bit of arrogance such as it had Charles Oakley (in a way of leadership and taking some decisions...) He tries and pulls great individual efforts, but at least in the latest match, nobody was listening to the guy, so I am not sure if such has been like that the rest of the season. You should be able to tell ... despite all, there's no team when he is not in...

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Bingo my a** look over those lineups Melo was on in Denver and tell me ANY was good enough to get past a stacked WC with Kobe/Shaq/Big shot Bob with the Lakeshow; cmon Chauncy was the best player Melo played with in Denver and Chauncys best days were already behind him in Motown. U guys need to share that S**t you be smokin sometimes real talk. And u wonder why KO.COM sucks right now????Low collective hoops IQ on Chief:(

You are right. Nobody is good enough, after they become Melos teammates that is. Lets not forget Tyson Chandler too, who refused to play hard in NY, who got tired of watching Melo shooting, not passing, playing D once in a while, you got the picture.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
How did Kobe make Shaq better? The two didn't like each other. MJ made his teammates better sure, but that's MJ. You want me to admit MJ is better than Melo? Ok you win.... MJ is better than Melo... Now what???

CoolClyde

Carmelo being told to shut it down for awhile, until his knee is healthy:
http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...-e-stoudemire-could-be-out-vs-bulls-1.9728040

personally, I think Carmelo should stop playing until he's 100% - Knicks can do NO WORSE with him out of the lineup recuperating, as opposed to playing thru pain and perhaps causing more (permanent) damage that could adversely affect his future.

Knicks need to come together as a team, not just thru Melo being a hero. If Melo-less Knicks can start to win games, then it's for the greater good. If Knicks continue to lose, it makes their lottery chances all the greater for a better player in the draft. win-win.

Shut it the f*ck down, Carmelito!

jimkcchief88

All Star
I didn't realize that teammates needed to luv one another to win... thanks for the educational momenet

You are welcome....:) Shaq was a force of nature who didn't need Kobe to drop 30...and Kobe shot too many jumpers for Shaqs taste taking the ball out of his hands which is why Shaq didn't like Kobe...so the next time you try to rewrite history do it to someone with a shorter memory on Chief

Bigsav

Rookie
Melo not shutting it down. His managers have told him to get off his lazy ass to play in London. After his jog around with zero intensity I am sure he will then say I need a rest.

How could the knicks give this guy almost a max contract. He has one asset, scoring. No better that shump having one asset being defending!

I am not mad at melo, more so the front office for thinking that this guy is a superstar!

Carmelo being told to shut it down for awhile, until his knee is healthy:
http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...-e-stoudemire-could-be-out-vs-bulls-1.9728040

personally, I think Carmelo should stop playing until he's 100% - Knicks can do NO WORSE with him out of the lineup recuperating, as opposed to playing thru pain and perhaps causing more (permanent) damage that could adversely affect his future.

Knicks need to come together as a team, not just thru Melo being a hero. If Melo-less Knicks can start to win games, then it's for the greater good. If Knicks continue to lose, it makes their lottery chances all the greater for a better player in the draft. win-win.

Shut it the f*ck down, Carmelito!

CoolClyde

^i'm not sure what incentive Melo's managers have (other than $) to have their client play on dubious knees, especially when the team is in obvious tank mode #KnicksTank. there must be some type of monetary endorsement for Melo in London, or some stipulation in his contract for him to play specific amount of minutes when everyone tells him not to, but he wants to anyway. what a dick.

skisloper

Starter
^i'm not sure what incentive Melo's managers have (other than $) to have their client play on dubious knees, especially when the team is in obvious tank mode #KnicksTank. there must be some type of monetary endorsement for Melo in London, or some stipulation in his contract for him to play specific amount of minutes when everyone tells him not to, but he wants to anyway. what a dick.

MELO is an icon .......When he gets announced at Knicks games fans ( tourists ) still go nuts.......MELO loves this..

playing in London is EGO EGO EGO and playing until the All-Star game is EGO EGO EGO.......

He will shut it down after the all-star game........U only live once so I understand Melo playing in London and up until the all-star game.....He will then shut it down for 5 months.....and have surgery if needed......

CoolClyde

^yeah, that makes sense, let's only hope this is the case, and he actually shuts it down during the tank, er rebuild.

Kiyaman

Legend
Melo not shutting it down. His managers have told him to get off his lazy ass to play in London. After his jog around with zero intensity I am sure he will then say I need a rest.

How could the knicks give this guy almost a max contract. He has one asset, scoring. No better that shump having one asset being defending!

I am not mad at melo, more so the front office for thinking that this guy is a superstar!

We roast the Jets, Mets, Nets, Giants, and even the Yankees ? when they fail to deliver a proper product. But the Knicks have carte blanche to degrade you and the sport they play. You still come, the arena forever freckled with fans and stars, and somehow this wretched facsimile of a basketball team is considered trendy. It is a phenomenon beyond this writer?s pay grade. If this were a marriage, you?d be in court, filing for divorce along a wide palate of offenses, from infidelity to downright abuse.

Now we learn that Carmelo Anthony, at once the savior and symbol of the disaster the Knicks have become, is having season-ending surgery. And now we are supposed to not only lament his departure, but laud him for carrying the Knicks as far as they?ve come.

Only in NYC and MSG would we praise the best player on a 10-43 team. Anthony apologists quickly assert that the team has yet to win a game in his absence. So? Isn?t a max-contract player supposed to deliver a few wins? If he?s to be credited with their 10 wins, why does he get no blame for their losses?

What have the Knicks done over the last decade to earn your time, trust or cash? Is your income so disposable that you can drop a grand to watch the home team get vaporized by sub-.500 clubs? Lord knows that Manhattan doesn?t lack entertainment options. You can spend a fraction of the money and not be humiliated. Or you can be humiliated in a much more agreeable manner, if that?s your thing.

You?ll notice that no one is rushing to NYC or MSG to play with Anthony. Whenever we summon some dream-team scenario, it never includes Anthony. An NBA player (anonymously) told ESPN this week that when he played with Anthony, he could ?eat a waffle? while waiting for the ball, whereas his head had to be ?on a swivel? when he shared the court with LeBron James, because King James is royalty for a reason. He shares the ball, makes ballers better and is devoted to the premise that keeping your teammates engaged makes you a better team, and better teams win titles

Kiyaman

Legend
The Abysmal New York Knicks
by Chris Hui

It?s an open secret that the New York Knicks are among the worst run franchises in all of sport. It all starts with the owner, James Dolan, and his insistence on having a say in basketball matters. Next, there is this disillusionment that just because the franchise is located in New York, all the stars will want to play for them no matter the record of the team, no matter the instability of the organization. And finally, the Achilles heel of the Dolan era has been the desire to make splashy hires over a meticulous rebuild of the team. The Carmelo Anthony trade was not an isolated incident, and is in fact a perfect representation of everything that is wrong with the Knicks.

First, Dolan interfered with the basketball operations of the team who vocally opposed the Anthony trade. Not wanting to loose a chance at obtaining a bonafide star, Dolan pushed for the trade in which the Knicks ultimately overpaid. Walsh, according to reports, wanted to call Anthony?s bluff and wait until free agency to sign Anthony who, if he really wanted to play in New York, would have signed with the team in free agency. Instead, the Knicks exchanged their starting point guard, starting forwards and young center for Carmelo.

Second, Dolan and the organization?s blind belief that just because the Knicks are located in New York and play at Madison Square Garden automatically makes them an attractive destination overlooks how the Carmelo Anthony trade hamstrung the future flexibility of the team. Every team needs young talent on cheap contracts to help a team succeed in the salary cap era. By trading for Carmelo, the Knicks traded away their best chance for internal improvement in the mindless belief that other quality players will join Anthony and Stoudemire in Gotham. But seriously, besides those two when was the last time New York was able to attract top talent? For the truly great players, strong ownership and good teammates are always more important than location. The Knicks just don?t seem to get that.

The 2011 Melo trade crippled the Knicks chance at building a winning team.
The Knicks 2014 $124M resigning a (qualified offer) Melo has crippled the Knicks of signing 3 to 4 bonafide 2015 FA starters for the 2015-16 season. The Knicks had $70M in expiring contracts coming off the books in 2015 offseason ..
Bargani $12M
Tyson Chandler $15M
Stat $20M
Melo $20M

CoolClyde

hiya kiyaman! yeah i saw this article, posted it on facebook yesterday. it figures you'd empathize with it.

it really does put the Knicks and especially James Dolan in an abysmal light. if only Dolan would have butted out, things could have been different, and the Melo hate may not have been so severe as it is today... ce la vie.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
You make a good point. I never liked the Melo acquisition in the first place. While we've got to look forward, maybe it will soon be time to discuss a Melo trade? I'd like to give it another year to see how it pans out. Maybe Houston or the Clippers may have some interest.

Knixy

Benchwarmer
Honestly, I thought we did a great job just as far as putting the pieces that we need to put together. We didn't get DeAndre [Jordan], we didn't get LaMarcus [Aldridge] and Greg Monroe, but [Robin] Lopez is a great addition. Arron Afflalo, I played with him a long time in Denver. [Kyle] O'Quinn is a great pickup; I think guys will like him. He's a big guy, power forward. Derrick Williams, we're going to get him right. He seemed focused. And then rookies, KP [Porzingis], I had him with me last week working out at my gym. We're just trying to start this thing off right."
Asked about reports that he had reservations about the Knicks' free-agent pickups and their decision to draft Porzingis, Anthony replied, "I never said that s---. Whatever rumors that you guys heard about me or about Phil [Jackson], about Porzingis, about anybody -- it's all false."

Anthony also had high praise for Porzingis, the 19-year-old Latvian big man drafted by New York with the fourth overall pick.

"He's a down-to-earth guy, a humble guy. You can tell that he's got a chip on his shoulder, which I love that. ... You kind of have to have that being in New York."
Anthony, 31, was asked about the notion that, by drafting Porzingis, the Knicks showed they are no longer building a team that will be ready to win while he is in his prime.
"When you look at the draft, you want somebody that you can develop right away. Porzingis is a guy who has some upside to him. Did we get one of the top three [draft picks]? No, we didn't get one of the top three. Whoever we drafted, it was going to be an issue anyway," Anthony said. "That's just what happens in New York and the draft. But I'm good, man, mentally, physically, spiritually. I'm excited about the new team that we have and I look forward to leading them."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...w-york-knicks-did-great-job-draft-free-agency

On paper, this is the best team Me7o has had in NY.