wally

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/story/268905p-230281c.html

after reading this article i ahve mixed feelings about wally he would eb excellent at the sf spot i would really enjoy watching him play over the bumb we have their now and trading kt for him wouldnt be bad for me eighther because i have full faith in sweets the part where the dilema arises for me is ariza would getting wally just ruin ariza.... we already have a jam at the 2guard with houton and crawford and now wed have one with tt and wally where does ariza fit in, would he get hurt by this trade... if hes not i am a 100 percent for this trade

NYKnicks15

Starter
Okay. We kind of talked about this on the Kurt Thomas part.

Wally is another swingman and we have plenty of them right now. Itd make us smaller and a few things stick out right now about that trade.

1. TIM THOMAS---Thomas sad to say isnt as bad as hes cracked up to be. Right now since hes been focusing on his game and is averaging about the same Wally is. They are both putting 5-8 buckets in a night :hoops:

2. TREVOR ARIZA---Ariza is a GREAT young player and honestly our future at the SF position. He drives to the lane, hes energetic, he throws down some good dunks (and the garden loves it), he can block, he can steal, and he is working on his jump shot...most importantly HE ISNT SCARED did you see how he drove to the lane with SHAQ standing there!!! Incredible. He is amazing and I hope we can resign him next year and he doesnt leave us for someone who will pay him more. BUT he is unexperienced still and is learning on a game to game basis. With Wally, Tim and Ariza...Ariza will definetely lose the minutes and spot on the rotation he has rightfully earned!

3. MIKE SWEETNEY---Sweetney is about the same height as Kurt (1 inch smaller), but hes young he needs to work on his stamina and I honestly dont think he could last a full game. The only backup he has is Jerome Williams (and I am not dissing the JYD hes been great to us in many ways but hes not a big scorer) I am just bringing up the point. Plus he's an inside scorer, and just that, Kurt can do that all. Outside scoring, pick and roll, inside scoring, occasionally set up a play and he is good defender which I keep trying to SPOTLIGHT cause do you really think if we had Sweetney on KG that whole game we would of even been close to having a chance to win it? I love Sweetney but he needs to learn a few things yet and come into his own. and behind Kurt he has time. If this trade is all about winning more games, you think just pushing Sweetney out there all of a sudden with big minutes is gonna do that?

4. TRADE---If we are going to trade Kurt Thomas AT ALL, save it for next year, well have quite a package with Penny and Tim (on their last years) and maybe we can pull of a blockbuster...

POINT being dont trade Kurt for WALLYWORLD....GO KNICKS

Blumatic

Rotation player
Honestly i would rather have Wally. Because he actually knocks down his jumpers. TT is not. He is playing better but he is doing it real slow right now.

ARE U KIDDING?

This would have to be the worst trade ever. Nobody on this website seems so passionatly against this trade as me. To trade Kurt Thomas, THE HEART AND SOUL OF THE KNICKS, for another small foward with a bad attitude, who in my mind SUCKS. This is crazy. I know Isiah is much smarter than this and would never ho through with this trade.
On the other hand i agree with one person who said what one year to trade Kurt, because we really could pull quite a blockbuster with the expiring contracts of TT and Penny the Dime dropper who plays a quarter of what he used to.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
btw cold pizze (sports show on espn) said the knicks will end up with eighther wally walker or abduhr raheim. Personally I'd rather have abduhr raheim over them all

NYKnicks15

Starter
Blockbuster? Cant be sure until next year but for now I mean theres a few options we could go with and pull off. If we are that desperate to get rid of Kurt of Tim.

Toronto Raptors We could pull off a simple trade with Alonzo Mourning for Kurt Thomas, but I dont know why we would want to get an older player who isnt happy. Nazr would have to play PF or vica verca.

Sacramento Kings Id like to see this but the odds of the Kings parting with Webber are slim to none. Itd have to be Kurt and Tim Thomas for Chris Webber and another small contract. BUT i see no reason for them to get rid of him unless they really are still having troubles with him and Peja.

Atlanta Hawks I dont know why would want another crazy shooter but we could always go far Antoine Walker. Thats all I have to say about that cause Walker is just a big contract we would need to extend when we sign him just like the player below Im gonna talk about, but id rather have the player below playing PF for us.

Portland Trailblazers This would be nice but his contract runs up next year so we would have to take a chance on him going to declare himself a free agent. BUT Shareef Abdur Rahim and another player for Tim Thomas and Kurt Thomas

New Orleans Someone else brought this up a day or two ago and it stuck in my head. Jamaal Magloire and Jim jackson for the Thomas'. Jim jackson isnt happy there and maybe hell be better playing SF for the Knicks. Plus we get a good big man and New Orleans needs help.

Indiana Pacers My personal favorite is something we would have to wait for until the suspension is gone but itd be definetely worth it. Ron Artest and Scott Pollard (just to equal out money wise) FOR Tim Thomas and Kurt Thomas. Oneal would move to C and Kurt would take over as PF and Tim replacing Artest at SF.

Any other ideas please post them I like reasonable trade ideas haha.

POINT being though, id say stick with what we have until next year and save the ending 1 year deals of Tiny Tim and Lil Penny. Most likely unless Isiah can pull of a major surprise wed end up with the ideas i had above. or Wally who im definetely NOT a big fan of. GO KNICKS!

NYKnicks15

Starter
Blockbuster? I was saying we couldnt really pull off a blockbuster (if we can at any point) until next year with the expiring contracts of Tim/Penny...I was just stating the possiblities of a trade right at this moment...

Im def. not saying the Alonzo one would be good im just saying it could happen..

And with the TIM THOMAS and KURT THOMAS for JIM JACKSON and JAMAAL MAGLOIRE...youre saying getting magloire wouldnt be pretty big? Magloire puts in an average of 14 ppg and almost 10 rpg. Jackson I mean isnt a SUPERSTAR by any means but he averages 13 ppg.

Tim puts in 10 ppg and Kurt puts 11 ppg 10 rpg. its not a huge deal, but we get bigger at C and PF thats if Magloire takes C and Mohammed takes PF. we get smaller at SF but we get a cheap consistent player in Jackson a total opposite of Tim whos a big, expensive incosistent player...

POINT being just stating the possiblites NOT the ones i wish would happen my friend GO KNICKS!!

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
Trading Kurt isnt the answer, maybe Tim, I always liked Jalen Rose........

Um i really think it's just Houston's done, he could be a back up but is done, Crawford being back will be fine, but losing Houston is a big blow......

NYKnicks15

Starter
I know trading Kurt isnt the answer BUT there are a few things on the plus side of trading him. Dont get me wrong I love Kurt Thomas, how he plays, how he goes out there 100% everynight, just everything about him...but as the more ppl say TRADE HIM it got me thinking.

Kurt Thomas, is a good all around player, outside shooting, in the paint, and especially defense he does it all. He is having a career year as they say. BUT he is going into his 11th year of playing next season and hes not getting any younger nor taller of course. The only circumstance I can see and would (as a fan) accept the trading of Kurt Thomas is for someone younger and bigger, and thats really about it. We need an inside presence and if the trading of Kurt Thomas, sorry to say, is going to get us that, then we have to. We need to get bigger (and i dont mean Bruno Sundov) and we need to win. Its a real tough situation with trading Kurt for me....

NYKnicks15

Starter
Allan Houston, i have to agree is no longer in starting potential. He is not the all star he once was and I have a feeling a good feeling that he will never be back to that status. Hes too scared, his legs cant do it and i dont think he can do it mentally. With Crawford back we will be fine like you said. Allan can come off the bench for a good couple baskets or something but it truly is a waste that we spent all that money on him....hopefully this will teach the KNICKS to think before they spend

NYKnicks15

Starter
Yea but I just meant the franchise will learn including ISIAH, not saying has made some horrible deals or signs....except for Moochie Norris, John Amechi, Vin Baker...but hopefully he will look on the past before he makes a decision and that is all im saying. Isiah has been good so far, I just hope if we trade for someone like Walker or Rahim he doesnt sign them to a ridiculous extention like that of Houstons...